Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THINGS we want to see in 2023!!

Comments

• DNvoxxDNvoxx Posts: 5 New Member
    Generations,more emotional reactions and fix the glitches!
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I absolutely need and want chess sets. No more big, bulky chess tables but an easily portable chess set you can insert onto any table - even onto a coffee table perhaps so that sims can play sitting on the ground..? It is so annoying having to make room for a chess table when it is actually so unrealistic to own a whole table instead of a chess set. I feel like a chess set object would be a convenient update especially during this chess mania and Queen's Gambit fandom!
    I absolutely need and want chess sets. No more big, bulky chess tables but an easily portable chess set you can insert onto any table - even onto a coffee table perhaps so that sims can play sitting on the ground..? It is so annoying having to make room for a chess table when it is actually so unrealistic to own a whole table instead of a chess set. I feel like a chess set object would be a convenient update especially during this chess mania and Queen's Gambit fandom!

@Finnishdoodle I wish they also added that chess championship we had in Sims 3, our sims would battle against someone, then another sim, and another, until we beat the most skilled sim in town and became Chess Grand Master.
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 2021
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Farm Living Expansion Pack (Get Together 2.0, Get to Work 2.0 Base Game Overhaul) getting together to the max):

Distillery Machinery
    Grape Press
    Nectar/Ale Kegs (Wooden) - Tappable, Nameable, Sellable, stockable. Full customization on how you create your concoctions: making your Ale, More Apple, Pear, Orange, Lemon, Cherry, Ginger, Grape.
    I want to be able to name my vintages, have my Sims enjoy them with friends, and family, serve them at restaurants or Sell them in stores, and reproduce them saving the recipe to The Mixology "Make drink" menu. I want my sims to be able to store them in the cellar like so:
    85320385-stocked-wine-barrels-across-two-sides-of-corridorof-a-wine-cellar-3d-illustration.jpg
    Tankards
    New Crops: (Some Base game Patch)
    Wheat (Required for Ale making and flour for Baking, bread, cakes, cookies) (Storing them into bales) Like leaf piles, But sims can have "A Roll in the Hay with..." interaction.
    Ginger
    Oranges
    Corn (Cornbread)
    Cocoa (Required to make most chocolate based products Ex: Chocolate Chip Cookies & Wheat)
    Blueberries
    Raspberries
    Peanut (Peanut Butter!!!)

I'd be happy with a game pack that had those items and others for making a vineyard, craft brewery, a REAL tasting room, etc. But I love you overall idea for how a "proper farm pack" might look though some of it might be a pipedream getting it in there. A Tuscany/Granada type World Setting or at least a setting where I could place a vineyard would be about the only way I would not roll my eyes at the prospect of a "farming expansion".

I would also love to see
    - five instead of three additional traits added for customizing Sims.
    - more decor items: houseplants and hanging plants as well as outdoor plants, carpet options and throw rugs, decorative items like a sword rack, samurai helmet, medieval sword and shield to hang on wall, etc.
    - the athlete career and aspiration either overhauled or added to: thinking for the purpose of making characters who are not specifically a part of "team sports" and are not "bodybuilders". You know... like athletes in Olympic sports or pro-wrestlers or MMA fighters, etc.
    - a Private Investigator / "freelance investigator" career
    - dual purpose lots
    - the option to homeschool kids
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • SuperlavaSuperlava Posts: 1 New Member
    I would absolutely love to see a modeling career!!
  • BewbLemonsBewbLemons Posts: 7 New Member
    2 Main things as off most recent updates/patch:

◉ Able to group together sacred candles in sims inventory (no annoying single item clutter)
    ◉ Able to remove (or destroy) off-lot Bizarre Plants and Cowplants
    ◉ Maybe a few more new Calendar holidays! (like Lunar New Years for example, we already have the fireworks for it! Just need red envelopes and Lion dancing, maybe as holiday objectives)
  • BewbLemonsBewbLemons Posts: 7 New Member
    > @BewbLemons said:
    > 3 Main things as off most recent updates/patch:
    >
    > ◉ Able to group together sacred candles in sims inventory (no annoying single item clutter)
    > ◉ Able to remove (or destroy) off-lot Bizarre Plants and Cowplants
    > ◉ Maybe a few more new Calendar holidays! (like Lunar New Years for example, we already have the fireworks for it! Just need red envelopes and Lion dancing, maybe as holiday objectives)
  • Dancergal123Dancergal123 Posts: 9 New Member
    -HARRY POTTER EXPANSION PACK!!!! PLEASEE HARRY POTTER PACK!!
    - You could have quests to complete like in the strangerville pack
    - You could interact with main characters from the books such as Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Dumbledore, McGonagle, and even
    Voldemort
    -Disney World Expansion pack or amusement parks
    -Hotel pack
    -Cliff diving
    -Cars that the sims can drive!
    -A school expansion pack
    - Go to pre-k, Elementary, and High school with the sim
    - Have a choice between home school, public school, or private school
    - Have your sim complete tasks throughout the school day similar to working in get to work
    - Go to different lessons or subjects throughout the school day
    - Go to the cafeteria for lunch and order food or bring in lunch
    - Participate in after school activities such as sports and clubs
    - Join marching band, Cheerleading team, dance team ect.
    - For homeschooling you can choose to have the parent be the teacher or hire a home school teacher
    - More ages to play as!!!!!
    - Babies, toddlers, young child (5-7), child (8-11), pre-teen(12-15), teen(16-18), young adult, adult, elderly.
    - Different heights for sims. We need more heights to play with!! Not every child, adult, or teen is the same height in real life!
    - More body types for children and babies
    - MORE HAIR COLOR OPTIONS!!!! We need highlights, we need fun colors, we need more shades of every color!!!!
    - More pinterest style furniture! We need more color options for thing and more things that match, it is so hard trying to find different pieces of
    furniture that i like together that match!
    - To be able to swim in all of the bodies of water and not just the beaches. I wish my sims could go into the lakes or ponds!
    - To look wet when they come out of the water!
    - Makeup for children!
    - Beauty pageants!!
    - Have toddlers, kids, teens, and young adults compete in pageants or modeling
    - Have this pack come with pageant dresses, makeup, and hairstyles!
    - Sims can compete in a beauty category, talent, and interview
    - Sims can win trophies, crowns and money!
  • Dancergal123Dancergal123 Posts: 9 New Member
    BETTER SWIMSUITS FOR KIDS (specifically girls)
  • BabsTheBuilderBabsTheBuilder Posts: 9 New Member
    I have sooo many ideas as I have been an avid Sims player for over a decade. Here's just a few of the ideas I have to start:

-Height options in CAS. We are not all the same height so why should our sims be..

-Option to set specific eating area. I wish all my sims wanted to eat at the table together or on the couch if the family is more laid back. Instead of random places. If it's a nice day and the dad cooked on the BBQ, then perhaps they can all eat outside at the picnic table...together.

-Option to set dinner times so that family gathers together and can interact while waiting for food, or can toss food at sibling, feed pet, grab seconds, teens could storm away with mood swings and miss out on dinner etc..

-If a sim is cooking dinner, can we have a no snacking option so that other sims have to wait for dinner (or sneak a snack). What's the point of a parent cooking dinner if no one is going to eat it?

-Pantry or multi-purpose counters and cupboards (for sneaking snacks, playing hide and seek, hanging out if sims has glutton trait)

-Option to Marry but not add as playable sim. It would be fun to have an unpredictable spouse that you don't control.

-Option for maintenance (lawn mowing, watering lawn in hot places, fixing cheap railing).

-If children go to bed happy, minimize the risk of monsters under bed. Or have night light that keeps monsters away. Allow teens to tease children by scratching on their doors or making noises to maximize risk of monsters.

-Assign chores, dishes laundry (add folding laundry), cleaning toilets etc.. to earn an allowance. Someone has already suggested separate bank accounts, I think earning an allowance would be a great part of having separate accounts.

-Add edible fruit baskets for the countertops for healthy living. Goes bad if not eaten, or is on counter too long.

-Add option for sim to sleep on couch. Not just nap.

Fixes and improvements on existing things:

-Fix platforms so when you add a wall it doesn't re-adjust platform height.
    -Fix so that you can have a guest suite for roommates but can lock access to yourself. (to avoid cooking and cleaning in their area)
    -Fix so that dishes are only cleaned in a kitchen sink.
    -Fix so that sims spend more time in the hot tub instead of just going in and out.
    -Fix cupboard colours so they match better to the counters.
    -Add basic colours to all windows and doors so we don't have to stick to a theme or pack.
    -CORRECT island counters. The drawers should be on the inside facing the kitchen. There shouldn't be drawers where the stools go. (unless the counter is against the wall and you don't have access to the flat side)
    -Add more roofing options it's difficult to nicely roof an angled wall mixed with straight walls.
    -Add stairs on angled foundations, and on curved foundations.
    -Add painting tool for foundations so it's not auto painted (would make it easier for decks and additions)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    -If children go to bed happy, minimize the risk of monsters under bed. Or have night light that keeps monsters away. Allow teens to tease children by scratching on their doors or making noises to maximize risk of monsters.

Actually there is already such a feature (it might only come with Parenthood, not entirely sure). There are two options: one that can be played with as a toy, and another that can be placed on the wall. If the child has one in their room, they will not have nightmares or experience a monster under their bed.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Pool tables and bunkbeds would be nice, but i"m not counting on either.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    I would really love all the bugs fixed before new stuff is added. I can't stand to play at the moment because of the cooking a new meal and putting it down just to go cook another or play at making glass after glass of juice at the bar instead of eating or drinking anything other than a ham sandwich or a glass of water.
    Or sitting in a restaurant the entire day and night and never getting a meal. Or a bubble bath that makes you playful but isn't fun?? How about if you're not in control of the sim they just won't do what you have queued up? You were supposed to take a shower because you stink, but you just go make a glass of juice instead. BUT don't drink it,.... leave it there for the maid while you MAKE ANOTHER ONE!!!! Yep, that's what I wanted you to do, that's why I told you to take a bath. :neutral:
    Have a sim garden and one supposed to cook or do homework, or draw or shower or play or watch t.v. but they stop to go talk to the sim tending the garden..... and let all sims everywhere stop doing everything to go hug another sim and there is no way to stop this action.... ugh. I am very very aggravated by all these things and more.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    A new world freebie (another newcrest)
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Adjustable curtains, so you can fit them to any size window. And match the other curtains in the room.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Hallie22 wrote: »
    Adjustable curtains, so you can fit them to any size window. And match the other curtains in the room.

Yes, we need this. They should add a middle piece for those right and left curtains they provided so we can use them on any size windows.
  • DanielGalaxy92DanielGalaxy92 Posts: 38 Member
    Wall coverings can also be used for foundations and platforms.
    That you can pull fences at the edge of the property like in Sims 2.
    I want apartments and real elevators like in Sims 2 (entrance and intermediate part). The previous one in Sims 4 is not enough.
    I want platforms to work in pools too.
    I want rounded pools like in Sims 2.
    I would like to be able to assign 4 CAS characteristics.
    I want testingcheats to make it easy for you and other Sims to become NPCs without having to enter a Ceat. This status can also be removed again.
    I want the cheat boolProp constrainFloorElevation from Sims 2 to be used as a tool in Sims 4.
    I want a bridge tool, a suspension bridge tool.
    Foundations and platforms can be placed over a pool or pond (with a pond tool) and form a path over them, even with bridges.
    And I want the number of floors to be increased quite a bit. Real skyscrapers are a challenge at the moment.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i want more playground equipment for kids.

more after school acitivites for kids and teens

a skating pack (we never had skating and idk why but it totally should be introduced)

a generations style pack.

more apartments and city like worlds (san myshonu gets tiring)

more packs that dive deep into other cultures like snow escape did.

faires and warewolves.

more consequential choices that may lead up to bad things (good things happen alot in sims 4)

more unexpected events.

ARCADES. (i rlly want em)

a beach side city similar to sunset valley (from sims 3)where u can swim in the water.

more torn up and vintage clothing.

• NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    - Alot of fixed glitches and odd behaviors

- Improved diseases. Your Sim will recover much slower and needs will drop fast unless you keep them in bed and give them medicine. Colds could spread to other Sims. No more hanging out with all your family members when you're sick.

- Farming, hunting, priest and noble clothing, medieval style.

- Elves, Fairies and Werewolves. Preferably Elves first.

- Interactive nature. A tree to play, climb and sleep in. A natural rock/climbing wall.

- New Careers, the Hunter

- Skills, woodcutting, smithing and hunting

- Followup from the above: Sell the wood, or give your fireplace a better effect. Sell your smithed wares and meat from the hunt.

- Improved romance (crushes, preferences and the ability to lock your faithful Sim to prevent him from cheating)

- Improved pregnancy (more dialogue options, less chances of success when you "try for baby", and if it succeeds, remove the "puke" option from the toilet until either time or pregnancy test has revealed the outcome).

- A true immortality spell for my spellcaster, which stops him from aging. Can cast it on other Sims and their pets, occult or no. Spell effect can also be withdrawn for those who changes their mind.

- Altered Woohoo:ing. Remove that weird thing in the beginning, where it looks like both Sims has won tickets to a sports game. I guess it's too much to ask to have them change the weird 'under covers' animation or at least, slow it down. My Sims are looking for a romantic moment, not a wrestling session.

- Option to Woohoo in the ocean - although make sure to get the underwater breathing ability first.

- Young Teen. And have them look like one. Current Teens looks like young adults, and even work (which a young teen wouldn't).

- More interaction options for parents/toddlers, elders and of course teens.

- And finally, the big extreme Toggle On/Off option. The Night Creature. Said to be a Sim that went mad over all the chair options and ran off into the woods. Shows up at night when storms are at their worst. Keep your Sims indoors and quiet, or the Night Creature will come and drag them off to an unknown fate.

- Occult Bonus: The Night Creature leaves Vampires and Mermaids alone, Werewolves can chase it away, and Spellcasters can scare it off with fire or transform it.

- Helpful Toggle On/Off: If on, you will have wary Sims that will come running and frantically knock at your door near the evening, and leave a note that says the Night Creature has possibly spotted nearby. If off, you're on your own.

- After this, you will have the telephone option to pay a heavy sum of Simoleons to have some brave Sims lure the Night Creature away with noise and music. Or be greedy, and keep quiet once it shows up.

You'll have a day or so to organize a rescue operation, a very costly once that comes with a price checkbox for what you intend to use - Recruit help, tranquilizers, protective clothing, meals, trackers. Fail, and your Sim will send a letter about how they now work with organizing the catalogue selection of available chairs and bid you goodbye. The Sim will remain in household and age up (or not, depending on your choices. A week later, a clue will give you another shot at a rescue mission. If you don't go for it or fail, the Sim is gone forever.

(possibly too extreme for Sims 4, but hey, if we can have aliens abducting people and making them pregnant against their (my) will, why not this?

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Remember the phones we had before we got cellphones? I want those phones. Just like we had in the sims 2.

MTS_Smonaff-430769-Phone2.jpg
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Remember the phones we had before we got cellphones? I want those phones. Just like we had in the sims 2.

I also want them, but the SimGurus once said they are too outdated and they only want modern stuff in the game :/
    Same with newspaper. Just bc most people don‘t read newspaper anymore they won‘t add it to The Sims 4
    a256aFi.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

I also want them, but the SimGurus once said they are too outdated and they only want modern stuff in the game :/
    Same with newspaper. Just bc most people don‘t read newspaper anymore they won‘t add it to The Sims 4

Land phones are still available to buy. They are mostly used by businesses nowadays, but they aren't obsolete technology.
  • ForEmaleighForEmaleigh Posts: 33 Member
    I’ve never understood WHY our NEW games don’t always include items/actions etc from OLD games. We should get all of this through expansions etc. as the game progresses. We shouldn’t have to beg for things that we had in previous versions. Sims 4 should have had everything from 1-2-3 and then ADDED new items, interactions etc. the goal should be to improve on what we have.....which means give us what we HAD and then improve on the rest. Blows my mind.
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2021
    I've got an entire list, lol.
    ● manually placing and removing fence posts
    ● changing apartment boundaries and editing public areas
    ● making custom apartments on regular lots
    ● multi-purpose lots (including a community lots with custom residential apartments)
    ● open neighborhoods

And these features that we've already had in Sims 2:
    ● individual Sim biographies
    ● saving custom object collections in the buildbuy catalog
    ● seperate swatches changing different parts of an object

Some others that I haven't listed in that thread but would still like to see are:
    ● swimmable beaches in Brindleton Bay, Winderburg, etc.
    ● non-binary gender setting
    ● overhaul of the PlantSim life state (permanency, hair and skin tone customization)
    ● overhaul of the Ghost life state (they shouldn't have regular living Sim needs like hunger or hygiene, and should be able to replenish energy by resting in gravestones instead of beds)

This, and other things that don't spring to mind right now. Needless to say, there's a lot of fundamental issues with the game that'd need to be addressed for me to fully enjoy it.
    Post edited by Lorenerd11 on