Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood name changed itself

bootjebootje Posts: 4 New Member
So I just re-installed the sims 3 and booted it up for the first time in years. When I wanted to load a neighborhood I noticed that Sunset Valley was changed into Adventureland? The description still says Sunset Valley tho. It could be something I did myself years ago, but that would be strange because all my old sims 3 files are long gone. Does anyone know how to change it back to Sunset Valley?

Edit: sorry just noticed I put this in the wrong section, sorry!

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    bootje wrote: »
    So I just re-installed the sims 3 and booted it up for the first time in years. When I wanted to load a neighborhood I noticed that Sunset Valley was changed into Adventureland? The description still says Sunset Valley tho. It could be something I did myself years ago, but that would be strange because all my old sims 3 files are long gone. Does anyone know how to change it back to Sunset Valley?

Patch 1.69 gives you empty sunset valley world named Adventureland, the original Sunset Valley is still exist in the game, double check it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • bootjebootje Posts: 4 New Member
    izecson wrote: »
    bootje wrote: »

Patch 1.69 gives you empty sunset valley world named Adventureland, the original Sunset Valley is still exist in the game, double check it.

Where can I find the original Sunset Valley?
    edited February 2021
    In the same place where you can choose world to live in.

If somehow the original SV doesnt exist, uninstall/disable from launcher World Adventure first before loading Sunset Valley
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    As an aside, I use Adventureland to build stuff for Sunset Valley. The world has only two residents, which is enough to start a game, and then you can build without any lag at all. I then transfer the builds via the library.
    > @izecson said:
    > In the same place where you can choose world to live in.
    >
    > If somehow the original SV doesnt exist, uninstall/disable from launcher World Adventure first before loading Sunset Valley

You mean from the menu where you can start a new game or not? Because I don't see anything there
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited February 2021
    Yes, that menu. Sunset Valley should always be one of the available options for a new game start. It comes with the base game after all.

Its world file should be in ...\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
    or wherever your Origin game (not its documents) is installed. Just search for "Sunset Valley.world"

"Adventureland.world" is it's own file and can be found at ...\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP01\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Both worlds cannot be used in a same NRaas Traveler-connected game at the same time, as they use the same ID number (you cannot travel from one to the other, not even via a third world). This does not affect new games though.
    > @Turjan said:
    > Yes, that menu. Sunset Valley should always be one of the available options for a new game start. It comes with the base game after all.
    >
    > Its world file should be in ...\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
    > or wherever your Origin game (not its documents) is installed. Just search for "Sunset Valley.world"
    >
    > "Adventureland.world" is it's own file and can be found at ...\Origin Games\The Sims 3\EP01\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
    >
    > Both worlds cannot be used in a same NRaas Traveler-connected game at the same time, as they use the same ID number (you cannot travel from one to the other, not even via a third world). This does not affect new games though.
    My sunset valley file is there, but the game does not give me the option to select it
    As I said in the previous post, if you want to load up original Sunset Valley, disable the World Adventure expansion pack first since it seems your game has issue showing the original SV. by disabling World Adventure, the Adventureland wont be loaded into the game as it tied to said expansion pack.
    ihavemultiplegamertags