Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited February 2021
    This JUST happened: I have a mod that ig improves interactions and my sim's daughter askedher dad to have a new sibling and her mom was already pregnant in thr 3rd trimester it was immaculate timing.
    UPDATE: The mom has given birth to twin girls.
    Post edited by MyriadSims on
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hi all! I’ve been busy with real life stuff, and also feeling kind of withdrawn for a few days. I decided to try learning how to do poses since I didn't feel like doing anything else. I don’t have CC or mods in my game, so I saved the families that I wanted poses of into a fresh tray, took my whole game out, and started a new save for doing poses. I’ll take it and the mods out when I swap my real game back in. But in the meantime I wanted to share some of my shots. Many of you know these families already

Starting with Don Lothario and Thorne Bailey.

They are my current most played family, because of the story I’m writing about them.

I had a rough start. I think Thorne’s expression says it best:

0XSAec9.png

But then they got much better:
    QNLrMcm.png

They aren’t actually married, lol. I just like how they look when they are all dressed up like this.

S30qfaS.png

Here they are with their daughter together, toddler Kalila, and Don’s daughter from a prior relationship, Danni.

qhgtiSl.png

They are all very close. And Thorne has actually known Danni longer than Don has.

GLCACyt.png

aNINIkH.png

Don is great with his kids, as he is in most everyone’s games.

NE0dXGM.png

Pfp9xQp.png

Thorne is great with them too

rzLOSiB.png

Poor Thorne has a very tortured soul, and I think this pose shows that really well.

w8rizdF.png

But Don loves him “to the moon and back” so Thorne should just chill, lol

Ysp5Hri.png

5VbDGnm.png

My next most played Sims are my own Sims, Ian and Lawrence Derkins

QPmTCG8.png
    Ian (in red) is a Marine Sargent. He loves the outdoors, loves dogs, and is an active Sim,

pdM8qxi.png

Srp76Ks.png

Lawrence is a scientist. He is a genius, perfectionist, bookworm.

qCoSCNd.png

Why do they work together? No one knows, but they are perfect together.

XvbEdne.png

vQmLUMe.png

The only problem they’ve ever faced is that Lawrence is kind of baby crazy, and Ian has a young adult daughter, and doesn’t particularly feel like starting over again.

FaUXlvp.png

I haven’t figured out what to do about that yet …

4AMHeko.png

My other “made Sims” are Jasper Sweet and Laney Lewis

ondZdbk.png

Jasper is a master painter, and is now the MVP of the team.

kHvSb5u.png

mXlqWlb.png

Laney is a top level scientist. Also an awesome photographer.

rWGKI13.png

Then we have Uncle Joey Holiday

Thus named because I made him with genetics from Summer Holiday. Joey is special. He’s in all of my saves as a little cutie. But in his own save… Oh Lord. He has 7 girlfriends, who each have 3 kids with him. So, 21 children. He also has 7 boyfriends (all premades) that live with him. Here they are.

Don Lothario, Mitchell Kalani, Thorne Bailey, Joey himself, Diego Lobo, Salim Benali, Raj Khemlani, and J Huntington III

Y5K1cDK.png

Joey and Thorne are especially close. They both throw whims to get engaged to each other all the time. Poses can’t do their relationship justice. But … they help. lol

2txTCtJ.png
    fyJYx7w.png

nPM8Sr7.png

UlOPhbl.png

Joey is crazy about Don, but Don hurts him fairly often by flirting with other people.

eCrx4Sy.png

S4JDdFu.png

Which can cause a bit of tension, lol

fS92aql.png

qlvET9J.png

zXyeBru.png

He and Mitchell Kalani are sweet together

CyynDtW.png

Especially since Mitchell disliked him so much when Joey used to come over to visit J and Zoe. Zoe has 3 of Joey’s kids

8t4VlJS.png

Joey is with Diego Lobo exclusively in one of my saves. They are cute together. Both so tiny.

GMtF9aq.png

Here, Diego is just one of 14 lovers.

lWik1Rq.png

Joey and Salim have a good relationship.

fJYJx3x.png

Joey is the only thing that will stop Salim from sleeping in the hot tub or constantly reading.

1FRaXcL.png

Raj Khemlani and he are another set of tumultuous lovers.

gfRUxTs.png

Raj has the romantic trait, like Don, and it will get him in trouble with Joey now and then.

IuIB6nr.png

I didn’t have a chance to pose Joey with J yet. But I got this sweet picture of Don and J together. Because of course they are cheating on Joey with each other, because … non-committal Sims are awful. lol

drpHOel.png

Various Thorne’s and Dons:

“I” am with Thorne in one save, but didn’t get many good shots of us yet. This was when I was first starting.

vdjz3AJ.png
    Us with our little boy Zephan

WFFaz4S.png

“I” am also with Don Lothario in one save

eV7hCxr.png

A copy of us has the 4 CAS made children from my last update, but the real us remain unfettered, lol

bsXOpS6.png

Don and J are together – married and not cheating – in another save. They are playing Titanic here. Lol

iK2s0NT.png

And about to “slide the plank” together here

UYTI2lt.png

They are also dramatic together – lmao!

cXT21mV.png

Don (in white) is also with my favorite townie, Dash Parker, in one save. Don looks ridiculously young with no facial hair. But I have to be able to tell them all apart, lol. There are at least 2 Dons in every save.

N3HSD8i.png

Dash is very sweet to Don.

QNDHkxA.png

And oh God, there are so many more Dons, Js, Joeys, Diegos, and Thornes that its ridiculous. But ... as you can see. I learned to use poses. :sweat_smile:

@Becka28

Whoo boy, Quinn likes his babies. It’s a little annoying that the whim still comes up after you’ve made them unable to try anymore, but, you know these Sims. They are nothing if not consistent, lol

Thanks so much for the links. Hopefully I will get a chance to go back in time soon, lol

Did you start your not so Berry challenge over again? Or go back to Minty and Malcolm? :smile:

Slate looks like an interesting guy, lol. Love his hair.

@BlueSeaWaves

Lol, I’m glad you enjoyed the last little snippets I put up. Joey keeps me forever amused. And yes, that shot of Don walking with his little CAS kids always makes the Snow White song “Heigh Ho – it’s off to work we go” start playing in my head.

I’m loving the story! Archie and Anna are together. When I last was here was when she was dabbling with the other guy. I was wondering what happened. I see things are still kinda rocky for her. Guilt is awful.

That’s amazing that Archie cheered up so quickly after skiing poorly. My Sims mope for a million years. Lmao.

Bandit going on the jog with Archie was the cutest thing! Lol! I’ve never seen that before. But clearly he’s a superior pet, getting gourmet meals made for him. :D

@haneul

Thanks for the welcome back. :smile: I definitely have a variety of Dons. At last count I believe I have 14 of them, spread out over 6 saves. It is a challenge, lol! And yeah, I was testing the “Free Love” nap and so I made the beach be clothing optional so no children would come around. I didn’t know if kids would interfere with the nap or not. And you’re right, most of them are not shy at all. The only two that never went nude all day were Joey and Malcolm Landgraab. And I honestly think it could have something to do with their fair skin. Because Joey will consistently choose a swim outfit that has a shirt with it if there is one available. Even if it’s not the first option. I’m thinking “Wow? Would the developers actually put something like that in here?” But seeing this with Malcolm too, it makes me wonder.

I am sooooooo excited by this update. Deli met someone!! Yay! Zach seems really great! Where did he come from?

I chuckled at this
    He seemed to just get her
    and am wondering if you are referring to a sentiment. Lol, so cute.

Brett is darling. Does he belong to anyone we’d know?

This made me lol
    but as a baby Elmire had seemed scarily object-like and hadn't shown much personality, so he had had some brief doubts about her potential.
    and wow she is so adorable with the artbreeder look! Love her!

Asher is a trip. And yay! He finally realized you don’t have to be a vampire to have potential. Lmao “wisdom of shorting stocks”

@DeafSimmer lol, thanks. I think it was the arm around Joey’s shoulder that made it look so romantic.

Your game full of teenagers sounds like handling a bunch of teenagers! Lol It sounds like they have minds of their own. “Why do I have to pose? I don’t want to pose. Make Zelda do it.” :D

@AngeliqueAdelaide

Joey is pretty busy, love-life wise. Because he has 7 girlfriends too, and they all have 3 kids with him. All toddlers now. Poor man … lmao. And Joey certainly doesn’t work. Not with 7 other guys there to earn money. Of course Don works construction. I think it’s 4 hours a day, 2 days a week. Lol!

Wanna know something crazy about Joey? He finds Joaquin to be extremely attractive. Soooo, if he’s still free … which he always is in my game, as I find most of those Windenburg young adults to be fairy unattractive, lol, and as I don’t use mccc, no one marries without my say so. – I totally agree about Paolo. I call him a Neanderthal all the time. :D He has 10 love interests and a wife? Dear Lord, how is that fair? Who is Don married to? One of your Sims? I gather this isn’t the save where he’s dead, because he was flirting with his own daughters, lmao. I will do my best to try to figure out what is going on in your current game.

Ahhh, I just read your note to Sarabeth. Ok, now I know who Christine is. Cool. How did you decide upon her for a main character? Out of 100 babies? Lol!

I lmao at your update, despite not quite knowing who everyone is. I know the premades, obviously.

Her hospital escapades are great, love the llama toy, and random friendship with Malcolm. He can really be charming when he wants to be.
    Why do dead people even have cold weather outfits? It´s not like they can freeze to death.)
    laughed out loud for real here.

She is a very busy gal, holy cow. Oh, and I think it’s good she disbanded her club. Lmao

Nice to see Joey at the club there. So Octavia is out and about cavorting with the riff raff? Is Thorne to high and mighty to go clubbing with his wife?

And ohhhh boy! Off to Strangerville for her! Very cool, and anything that includes Alexander Goth works for me! But oh boy
    My family is cursed, and I have come to believe that the only way to break the cycle is to remove one puzzle part. Me.
    I’m looking forward to finding out what he means by this.

@sarabeth2984 Hey! Great to see you too. I’m glad you enjoy seeing Joey, Don, and Thorne. At last count I have 14 Dons, 7 or 8 Joeys, and 7 Thornes. So it’s hard not to see them. Lmao. :D

I was very sad to hear the news about Rachel and Vincent. I haven’t actually gone back to find the post, but I’ve seen it mentioned so many times, by so many people. How awful.

This update is wonderful though. The romances ending up like they did was pretty fun to watch. I like to do the same thing with groups of teens and YAs. Romantic auras etc and just see what happens. I don’t have to worry about risky woohoo though, lol.

Dustin and Casey’s dynamic is so adorable. And wow does Casey look like his parents! Lol

What will Jocelyn do about college now that she’s having a baby?

I’m glad Parvati and Rocky ended up together soon after his breakup. That was kinda tough on him. She’s very pretty! It’s super cool to see him in the military though. And how fun, making the barracks like that! Great idea.

And did that actually end the lifestyle for her? I mean, obviously it did, but was it made into a big deal by the game? Lol. Too funny. The lifestyles are sort of bugging me. The “active” one mainly (I can’t remember what it’s called), but all my Sims who have it are bored all the time. And since Don and Thorne are my main Sims in so many saves, ugg, Add J to the mix in a few of the saves, and it’s endless boredom for all of them, because as active Sims they earned the lifestyle without me doing anything to make it happen.

Anyway, I’ll look for the update with the tragedies one of these days so I can see what went down. What a bummer though.

@Metior_Ice

Well that’s great to hear! At least I’m not the only one who wants to go back and redo a ton of my chapters. Lol, especially the earliest ones.

But yeah, I get what you mean, keep moving forward. I hope that writing your actual book is going well.

But yes, at this point, I’m not up to writing anything serious. So silly stuff is working.

@Sofmc9

Thank you! :blush: That little one’s name is Suzanne. She is a cutie.

@Sepia Oh my gosh, lol. I never even thought of trying the “turn on all lights” option. Well, ok, now I know it won’t work. :D

@Ellupelluellu

Lol, yes, you should root for Ted, I think that’s only fair, :D

It’s so cool to see Veera and Anna here! Hey, did you know that Veera is an Intergalactic Super Star? Seriously, she is! :smiley::D:sweat_smile:

Lol at the vendor. He picked the wrong girl to be rude too. Good thing he’s running! Unfortunately for him, I’m sure she can catch him. ;)

@Keidra

Lucky you! Your tots don’t cry much? I think it depends on their trait too. I rarely let a tot be clingy, but sometimes you have to in order for the family to make sense. I just hate the nightmare 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and “parent left me” stuff. Ok, get over it kid. lmao

@Daephene
    (and yes @AlwaysAsking I am saving him because of you - gotta give the audience what they want after all).
    I feel so important right now, lol!

The end of their week looked really nice too. I love toddlers at playgrounds! Such happy little things, with their imaginations showing like that. It’s so cute. And how fun, Valad was looking toward home. Well, you said they’d be going there now and then, so that will be cool.

Hey, you mentioned that you’ll actually be playing your spellcaster family this rotation. Are you starting your undead family too? You know I’m looking forward to that ne. Funnily enough, I have Diego and Gunther married in my Strangerville save, and they are one of my favorite couples.

And oh my, I can’t wait to see Lily with a baby and no one to help her with it. This should be interesting. But, I guess it’s good that George has a tiny bit of fun now and then. Those genetics will be cool to see.

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited February 2021
    I reverted most of my age-span settings back to their default numbers since I'm playing on a long lifespan and lost three sims in the process, but I guess it was just their time. Plus they'd been around since September of 2020, so I was ready to say goodbye. Spencer and Natalie Cordova and their brother in law Tristan Sheridan(survived by Emerson Cordova-Sheridan, two children, and three grandchildren).

ETA: Travis and Molly Cole finally had their daughter! I named her Alyson(after her great-great grandmother but spelled different), since her father is middle-named for his great-grandfather, Benjamin.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AlwaysAsking AWWW my heart. The poses of Ian and Lawrence are beautiful. (yes Laney and Jasper look great together - especially pose 2) but I can't go past Ian and Lawrence. I love those tree poses - never saw anything like that when I was looking. (but then I only have 3 pose packs in my game at present). And because you know how much I love J. no matter how terrible he is (why do these terrible sims get so much love? what is wrong with us?) I love your Don and J. picture. My favourites for Ian and Lawrence are the first one and the one of them sitting on the beach. <3<3<3
    BTW yes I started Not so Berry over - when I was doing Minty and Malcolm I didn't have the right packs - (you really need parenthood and get to work and I had neither) - that doesn't mean they are over, I have plans for the save - they just don't have to follow the challenge (although I still might - I have 2 100 babies challenges too - Quin's and my original which I stopped at 16 babies because of all the toddler glitches we had 2 years ago - I like to flit around several saves.
    PS Quin has a substitute baby which is keeping him slightly happy at the moment -
    it is amusing because the "baby" was meant for Rohan and Quin initially wasn't so keen. Lets just say that the baby has a very demanding and difficult personality and has Quin right where he wants him.
    AK5aACX.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    @Alwaysasking The poses with Thorne and Don and the girls are perfect. Danni and Kalila look cute. Wow the poses on the tree with Ian and Lawrence are pretty cool 😎 Oo thats a tough situation, Lawrence wants a baby, but Ian doesn't want to start again. I love these 2, hope they figure it out. Laney and Jaspers are great. Uncle Joey's lmao, him and his lovers. Lol Deigo and Joey are both small, its cute. Love the pose with your simself, Thorne and little Zephan. Glad you're liking the story.

The adventure continues:

When they returned back home, Archie visited the family. Abigail was excited to have Bandit back for a visit. 9JIN2RO.png
    Claudio's birthday came up :D Gotta think hard for your birthday wish. sDh8X1k.png Just as they had decided Anna and Archie found a new apartment to move into. It took some time ot find one, but they found one. It was smaller than Archie's former apartment but atleast it was a 2 bedroom, they converted the extra room to a work place. zn2Wk6M.png Anna began her search for Arthur. She knew which adoption agency she gave Arthur up to after giving birth so she began to contact them. jL5W2Oy.png After much messaging, she got a number to call. She was careful to not do anything around Archie, she wasn't sure how she would explain any of it to him. When she called however, she was told Arthur was adopted shortly after being brought in, though he was no longer in their system. They also had no way to contact the family who adopted him. SoACssU.png Anna lost hope she'd ever find him. Archie on the other hand was slowly bringing up the idea of starting a family together, yet Anna insisted they had Bandit for now. EDZKR5d.png Arthur had gotten rid of the bank statement from his foster parent, but he wasn't in the clear. He didn't realize online statements were a thing, and ended up getting yelled at by for using the card. mtv06yW.png He made fun of Arthur, saying even if he did find his parents, they wouldn't want him. They were the ones who put him into adoption. ANWIony.png He told him it must've been his father who didn't want him, and began to laugh as he said it was his father who left first, since his name was never mentioned on the adoption papers. MhwoT3V.png Arthur told him he didn't care. He just wants to know his parents. flriNEI.png After a while, Arthur finally recieved the kit. He mailed it back as soon as he got it. YgVCw5X.png He'd check every night before bed if his profile was updated with details, and he was constantly getting disappointed. He'd sometimes wonder if it was true his father didn't want him. Y7dimfy.png It took some time but his account was finally updated. It didn't have his parents name, though it mentioned his paternal and maternal grandparents. He finally had some names, "Sylvia Fox" and "Christopher Drake". k1E7mDx.png He looked up their names, and found out where they both worked. A private attorney and police chief. He didn't have a plan entirely, but he decided he would find one of them and see what happens. He would have to sneak out at night so the foster parents wouldn't find out. VYZe57v.png

He chose to find his grandmother Sylvia, she had his last name and if he was running away, it probably isn't best to go to a police officer. He just had to come up with a route to get to where she works. He went to the drawing board. 3YW9CVa.png
    It took a few days to come up with the plan. He had written directions down and how to get to her office in Willow Creek . He was in Windenburg and it would no doubt take a day or two to get to there. He couldn't take everything so he only took the book with directions and print out of the DNA results. He erased the history on the computer too so they wouldn't know where he was going. ZtjlHkW.png Once everyone was asleep, he snuck out. He overlooked the town, he didn't want to see this place anytime so soon again. hfk7HkF.png By early dawn, he reached Brindleton Bay. It looked amazing. SoYJUFt.png He imagined being able to ride on a sailboat to get to his destination faster. sMmGH9b.png By noon, he found a dog park, he was feeling tired and since no one was around, he took a quick nap. khlLiRp.png Arthur was starving at this point too 😭 😭 (Whenever my sims go to the park, a sim is always making food on the grill, but this time NOONE) Arthur was tired of walking, so he sat for a while. 9R49Ovk.png He noticed alot of sims going towards on direction, so he followed. Was there food there?! tY9yG1Y.png There wasn't but he got distracted by a stray dog. She was aggressive zpYLac2.png He took a moment to play with her. He was teaching her to sit zwMtWYX.png He clapped when she actually did sit.04nclxz.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Arthur got sidetracked though so he went back on his journey. His new friend chased after eaKi3H3.png
    "You're a good girl" he told her. Another stray wanted the attention tooiknmuTC.png A sim however told him to stop encouraging the stray animals and made them all move. Pretty neat at this moment his aunt Penelope(unbeknownst to each other) passed by and noticed. MLtFLG3.png He reached a museum. He was hoping he'd be able to sneak into the bathroom to wash up. His new friend tagged along too g08hBw2.png When he got out, his friend was gone, so he kept moving. He found a bench and took the opportunity to sleep. 90dAXEC.png He reached Magnolia Promenade. Next stop, Willow Creek. He was starving though, he spent a whole day without food. He found a local vendor, she was selling food at 12 Simoleans. He asked if she could lower the price for him...and only gave a 5 simoleon discount. He still didn't have enough. VZ0VAOE.png He found a vending machine outside a furniture store. (I had to put one, no one was making food at the parks and he was really starving) 2My6b5y.png We both were not expecting what happened next!! The machine ate his money! He just thought "Of course it wouldn't work on me" fyf9LH2.png He took a quick nap inside, luckily no one noticed or maybe they didn't care x0bf3dc.png By the time it was evening he sneaked onto a ferry that led him to Willow Creek. He stopped at the park there. He was exhausted. No food, no place to really rest, He should've prepared better he thought. oo0k6eK.png He washed up in the rest room, and noticed it began to rain, "Just my luck, first the stupid machine took my money and now its raining" he thought. A3Y9GZB.png

Atleast inside there was a comfy place to rest a bit. J07pNSj.png
    Luckily though, he woke up to a nice aroma. Someone finally made food! He made sure no one was looking and took a plate. He took it and went to eat far away. FmWj11a.png "It'll get better, now" He thought to himself. He was finally in Willow Creek, now he just had to go to Sylvia's office. p6DmjAC.png After sleeping the night in the park, he arrived at the office building. He ran inside. bapU9JV.png He found a clerk at the front desk, and he asked for Sylvia Fox. 7k5sXGB.png The man joked with him "Aren't you a bit young to be looking for an attorney? You in that much trouble?" 53LlshM.png "I've just been looking for her...trust me, I have a case she won't turn down." He told him. "Must be a big case then, unfortunately...she's off today. But I'll give her a call to come down here, just sit down in the waiting room" Arthur was relieved. E0jZlWv.png "It's my day off Jeremy, tell em I'm busy" Sylvia said. It was still the morning and she just got called in. 0JmSL0y.png "They asked for you, and said they got a big case for you, it's probably twice they're size. Trust me, you're gonna want to see this" Jeremy joked. 0JmSL0y.png Sylvia laughed and from his voice it sounded like it wasn't urgent, but if someone asked for her, she should go. Sylvia arrived just before noon, she looked into the window of the waiting room and saw a child. "Hey Jere". Jeremy waved, they engaged in their usual pleasantries. 0E8V9KQ.png "So where's this big client" Sylvia asked. Jeremy told her, they're waiting in the waiting room. JTCRJiG.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Yes, I disappeared again... sigh. I got sidetracked by Sims 2 again.

This is from the last time I played, Joanna's second term.

Not long after Joanna and Martin moved into their new home, a welcome wagon showed up. Joanna was excited to learn that Cassandra Goth was like her, a bit on the geeky side.

aCCX46o.jpg

She later (can't remember if this was the same day or not) held a meeting of Geeks Unite, with many of the members getting together to build the rocket ship. With so many working on it at once, it was finished in double-quick time!

nbDeXBb.jpg

"Hey Mama Sue! It's great to see you!"
    (I've never really had the need to address what the kids called their mothers growing up. So I decided that they now use 'Mama Sue' and 'Mama Jen' as adults).
    "Hello, Joanna. Well, it's great to know you're doing so well in your degree. You've always been such a smart kid."
    "Thank you! It's all down to your good example. You always encouraged us to work hard."

cpBd0e3.jpg

Joanna then decided to head off to space! Even though she ultimately didn't want to be an astronaut, she still thought it'd be cool.

3IN29j7.jpg

One of Joanna's modules was on robotics, and she put her theory to practical use by tinkering on the robotics table.

tamrOR9.jpg

Later that evening, Joanna and Martin decided to WooHoo for the first time!

2wC7Tkl.jpg

Although part of her degree, mischief did not come naturally to Joanna, and she made an extra effort when studying.

aBpDT4S.jpg

Joanna was ecstatic to hear that GeekCon was in town! (Well, in San Myshuno anyway). She took part in the gaming contest, but sadly didn't do very well. She did, however, win second place in the hackathon!

Ww23FBD.jpg

On Wednesday, it was Winterfest, although Joanna still had classes. She and Martin found time to decorate the tree together.

yfaMuoC.jpg

Whilst Joanna was fixing the stereo, I spotted this neighbour walking past in a strapless dress. Uhh, it's snowing outside! Why aren't you wrapped up warmly??

dt9cbOp.jpg

Joanna made a turkey dinner, and she enjoyed it with Martin. Yes, there were only two of them, but they'd get plenty of leftovers out of it.

cZGGJlc.jpg

After dinner, it was time for presents! Can you tell that blue is their favourite colour?

b64dQZI.jpg

In among all the excitement of the day, Joanna found time to start work on a presentation for her mischief module.

jwBCuAT.jpg

I decided to give them a second cold weather outfit so that they weren't wearing ski-type clothes indoors. And yes, they've got matching jumpers on <3

UPcEgHS.jpg
    jJoEhxw.jpg

As you may remember, Joanna finished the week with all A+s in her modules. She was now fully determined to graduate with a perfect GPA.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves I'm curious to see how that goes with Arthur.

@AlwaysAsking Truth be told, my progress with my actual book is at a standstill. I've been working on getting the creativity flowing for it again. The practiced from writing here has taught me much better habits, but I still need work on moving forward with what I write.

I apologize if I haven't responded to any other stories I'm following. I am marking an awesome as soon as I get to reading it. I'm most certainly still behind.
    edited February 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Fire Elemental: Ember

So, I'm almost caught up with all the posts. I'm trying to write a story, but I'm also just trying to share things that happened in my game.

Anyways, Ember visited Brindleton Bay with Dylan. Ember wanted to explore a world close to the sea, and who better than with the water elemental himself. Despite Ember's fear of the sea, Brindleton Bay was more land than water where she was exploring.

In one of the picnic areas, she saw a fluffy kitty that appeared to be a stray. She offered her friendship as soon as she caught up to him.

50918530408_b578eee2b8_h.jpg

Dylan caught up with Ember and saw her with the cat, so he said hello. The kitty was extremely friendly and took a liking to them quickly.
    50919218701_243ddb1351_b.jpg

Dylan sat at one of the picnic tables. He's a merman, and despite his appearance, he wasn't exactly built for spending lots of time on land. Inspired by meeting a new friend, Ember pulled out a laser pointer and began playing with the kitty.
    50918530353_2954159a6c_b.jpg

Rocky, that was the name she decided to give him, loved chasing the laser pointer.
    50919352397_5239697621_b.jpg

The time to consider taking him home with her quickly came, and she didn't hesitate to adopt him.
    50918529463_cf34e5efb7_b.jpg

50918530323_13a01fb379_b.jpg

When Ember returned home, she was surprised to see her younger brother shaking off a cloud of pollen and growing plants out of his wrist. The growing pains of an Earth Elemental of Plants she assumed. It was kinda funny to watch his surprised look. Her brother was also shirtless to help with the photosynthesis while he was outside.

Juniper thought: "I hope this is temporary."
    50919352352_9bb8fa1b75_b.jpg

Ember asked the Butler to play the DJ Booth. Denis was happy to assist. Ember and Jade started dancing.

Ember thought: "This beat is lit."
    50918530288_88ff1aecb1_b.jpg

Ember: "I noticed a certain flare with your highlights."

Jade: "Yeah, I wanted to experiment with a new look. I still want to go back to my green highlights."
    50918530278_6dfc6c5dbe_b.jpg

Denis mixed to a new beat.

Ember: "That's a shame, I like your fiery look."
    50919219406_f84d4bfb33_b.jpg

Jade: "I'm going for the cool look."
    50918529443_702d5af300_b.jpg

The small Dance Party exploded into a Full Blown Dance Party. Denis took to the dance floor and, awkwardly, started dancing. It's forgivable given his mermadic origins. The twins tended to the DJ booth and the Bar to give the family the full night club experience.
    50919352267_217233d6bd_h.jpg

After the Dance Party, Ember worked on her school projects with Ember's Help.

Jade thought: "This has to be witchcraft, she actually talked me into helping."

Ember thought: "I'm surprised I didn't start building this castle sooner. It's a pretty creative project."
    50919219371_8c62337736_b.jpg

Ember's thoughts: "Oh, so that's where that goes."

Jade had a spark of energy: "Maybe I can convince her to go outside and play after this. Nah, we'll throw a dance party and invite the merfolk."
    50919352237_c12b2415a8_b.jpg

Jade: "And that's when he revealed his fangs, only his fangs were just oversized canines."
    50919218666_4f61c01500_h.jpg

After finishing the project, Jade convinced Ember and the rest of the Family to throw a Dance Party. The merfolk took over the dance floor. The Zalrian's were much more acclimated to living with humans. The merfolk stood out like sore thumbs.
    50918530113_34270d2a21_b.jpg

Back Home, Harvestfest began as the fall season entered its final couple of weeks. Ember had an electrifying experience with the gnomes.
    50919219256_43ed4b8f4f_b.jpg

But, after Harvestfest, Rocky had a way of making the experience easy to forget about. Calum stopped by to fiddle with Ember's Clay. Like, I know he's going to struggle with no toddlers to care for, but he might be a tad bit clingy for a while.
    50919219231_9461df35a4_k.jpg

50919352127_d91f46cf16_b.jpg

50918530038_5908260684_b.jpg

Meanwhile, Zeph has been getting very comfortable at the bar.
    50918530053_e3b2e74489_c.jpg

Rocky watched as Ember made a mess: "Yes, that's it. Add a little more there. You are doing well, my apprentice."
    50918530028_3579390afd_b.jpg

Naturally, Zeph put down his drink to discipline the bad behavior and tell Ember to clean up her mess.

Rocky: "I told her not to do it, but no one listens to me."
    50919351432_26ccd7d8fa_c.jpg

Rocky: "And now they are hugging it out. My plan worked perfectly."
    50919352072_a50c1f6211_b.jpg

Zeph: "Now, it's time to clean up your mess."

Rocky: "Well, that wasn't part of my plan."
    50919219146_1a6926f9d7_b.jpg

Just a fun song to share because I'm trying to have a little more fun with the posts. It's a serial story, yes, but it's also just whatever happened in my game. Love this song when it comes on.

https://youtu.be/qXCriEpqOIg
  • boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    Well, my sims got married and now they are having a great honeymoon.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2021
    Still no update sorry guys, and I'm gonna stop typing now bc my hands are going numb. Updated two stories at once. e_O

I kind of want to try remaking the OFAF save but I'm afraid of finding that more interesting and not finishing this legacy lol also pray for me, it's dropping to -15F here in a few days. orz

@AlwaysAsking
    The trait probably does make a difference, but, my toddlers also live in a strict dictatorship. They've never got enough free time to cry if they want to, because I always have them on the tablet unless we're doing care actions. Their trait barely matters because they never get to do anything. xD Well, more than one toddler managed to slip a temper tantrum in while eating... and Hilda tried to cry while eating once, too.

> Okay, so I actually looked at the tuning, and the only toddlers that will not cry (their trait is blacklisted from doing it), are angelic, charmer, and independent toddlers. Incidentally, the same three inherently blacklisted from throwing tantrums.

I also use the night lights to help with nightmares (and I think I turned the monster off with MCCC anyway), and none of my Sims have a regular job anymore, so, yeah... raising tots is pretty easy for me nowadays. xD I also disabled playing with their food, temper tantrums, making messes, playing in the toilet, and I think I made it so that discipline actions cannot be rejected anymore.

It is a peaceful little utopia I live in... and toddlers are FINALLY cute to me instead of grating. Wooow. lol
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
    Sue Harper died :'(:'(:'( I got Jenny to move in with Joanna and Martin, so that when she dies there’ll be a gravestone for her. It’s always sad that there isn’t one when a Sim dies off-lot.
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Sorry for the long absence.
    Tried out the Paranormal Stuff pack, and it's actually really cool. :smiley: Love the outfits and the furniture, maybe this could've been part of the ROM pack.
    Also, I've been binge watching Attack on Titan with my little sister who just got into it. I don't mind rewatching it.

I put all the pictures in spoilers to load faster.

Update: Prologue
    uFAQmgW.png
    pw0213q.png?1
    Well, it happened, now Jenny is dead. I put the gravestone in the garden. She managed to achieve her lifetime aspiration, which is good.
    It’s been a rollercoaster of a week for Joanna, and Martin to a lesser extent. Low points were definitely the deaths of both her mothers, with the high points being graduation and... well... you’ll have to find out! OK, it’s not hard to guess, it’s not rocket science! Speaking of which, Joanna did actually master that skill :D
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Fire Elemental: Ember

To complete the social butterfly aspiration, Ember and the Family returned to the Sapling Meadow Park to meet some other kids.

When they first arrived, it was the first snow of the year, and Rowan was swinging on the swing set.

50919219141_4646a5687d_b.jpg

The first place they went to was the second floor of the toddler playground. The stereo drew their attention, and Elementals are naturally drawn to it, especially when the Island Station is playing. Naturally, Calum's attire did little to hide his mermadic nature in cold weather. This outfit did attract the attention of one of the park's flirts unintentionally.

Calum's thought: "Doesn't she know I'm married?"
    50918529958_55de01f3af_b.jpg

Arihi took notice, and Calum focused his attention on her, ignoring the flirt.
    50919352002_9b4cab588e_b.jpg

Naturally, Calum went to Arihi and flirted with her in front of the flirt.

Arihi: "We should probably think about doing more to blend in with the humans, just to avoid drawing unwanted attention to ourselves."

Calum: "I have no objections."
    50919351397_b45c55f863_b.jpg

Juniper was about to play a game of chess with Reef when he needed water. Apparently, like most plants, he wasn't a fan of the snow.
    50919351972_35d2e22c1c_c.jpg

Reef's thoughts: "I'm not sure which opening would be best?"

Juniper: "You aren't very good at this game, are you?"
    50919351962_89815f7320_b.jpg

The chess game started to draw the attention of a crowd.

Reef's thoughts: "He's pretty good, I can't believe I'm losing to a kid."

Flirt: "Can you tell me more about your dad?"

Juniper: "He's pretty cool, and he's dedicated to his family. You don't stand a chance. Plus, he's married."
    50919218616_f56aa74ef9_b.jpg

As the game picked up in intensity, more people gathered around.

Reef's thoughts: "I need to find a way to turn this game around."

Juniper's thoughts: "Sun! Warm Sunshine!"
    50919218986_ca1099d795_h.jpg

As the game picked up in intensity, Rylan showed up to the park to watch his dad. He didn't look impressed and was likely wondering why he left the sea to watch.

Reef's thoughts: "I don't think he saw through the move I made."
    50918529788_0cc42bbfe6_b.jpg

Juniper: "Checkmate."

Reef's thoughts: "That was a good game."
    50919351842_e15d50bc41_b.jpg

Eventually, Ember met Lucas, and later Alexander, at the park.
    50918529298_120c379c25_c.jpg

Before everyone left the park at sunset, a SimBot broke down. Fortunately, Zeph showed up to repair it.

Zeph, being as empathic as he is, felt shared sadness when he returned to the park. Even a SimBot has feelings, and he could sense its struggle.
    50919351812_2fc05590d2_b.jpg

50919351772_fb5d5f9e21_c.jpg

Fortunately, the repairs were successful.
    50918529678_fbf9a09c07_c.jpg

Back home, Ember was preparing to invite Lucas and Alexander over to hang out. A new day started, but it looked like Rocky was struggling to find the food dish in the large house. Ember was quick to remedy this by calling him over to fresh food.

Rocky: "I lost track of where the food was."
    50919218516_c74323790b_c.jpg

Rocky also couldn't find the litter box, so Ember carried him to it.

Rocky: "This is a masterful plan. Now, I don't have to walk to the litterbox."
    50918529553_459ea9e589_h.jpg

In the kitchen, Calum gave Kemps a house key so he could check in anytime. Not that he didn't already check in anyways.
    50919218736_15d03764af_b.jpg

And now, I'm caught up. Ember invited the Lucas and Alexander to dance and get to know them better. After becoming friends, she completed her social butterfly aspiration and aged up when the Fall Season came to an end. I got a little rushed because each rotation occurs within a season.
    50919351287_805e09c068_h.jpg

The start of winter marks the beginning of Ember's Teenage years and some spooky stuff that has spilt over into the Zalrian Home as well as the Goth and Munch homes. Ember has begun to tap into her supernatural abilities and unintentionally invited something into the home through the hearth, the symbol of the home.

https://youtu.be/8UnKCOA7H0I
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'm back for the last half of my mermaid household's week for this rotation.
    Firstly I tried to let George have some fun, because I was under the impression he wasn't going to live long.
    k4wS8RX.png
    He enjoyed some sailing,
    d32K1Ml.png

swimming,
    AAcYBaQ.png

napping,
    3YeFBSB.png

took up candle making (with very dramatic wax burns),
    Qp0z9NH.png
    hs9TvPX.png

and bonded with his bees.
    plq8mzV.png

And then he just failed to die. Previously in my game every single elder has been done about 24 hours after the second warning. But not George! He keeps going and going... his fitness is low and he hasn't finished any aspirations, so either he's just extremely lucky or just having the active trait makes you live longer even with low fitness.

In the meantime, Lily kept up her own rather relaxed lifestyle.
    kQfuplP.png
    KpcGQ96.png
    8aR4DJ4.png
    xJ8hbbN.png

She did do some things around the place herself, if they interested her. She likes tinkering with the water collectors when they break.
    JI8ycAo.png
    MVQF7Bq.png

And she usually cooks her own food. She eats mostly fish. She looks unhappy about it in the first picture, but that's because she was pregnant. She was not showing at all in her first trimester.
    4tmCSDW.png
    jnYwnH2.png

Second trimester was a little more obvious.
    y3SxBbh.png

And third trimester...
    qg692ij.png
    Z5fIHKK.png
    U7km1ku.png

And then there was a baby! And George was still alive!
    CoifPJv.png
    The bassinet appeared in the alcove behind the shower and that seemed appropriate for Lily's mood about the whole thing.

Anyway, since George was still around and Lily by herself with a baby was not going to be the story, I aged the little boy up early. We named him Ray.
    kPwT4v0.png

Then I built him a bedroom.
    SmXrLX6.png

He's a cutie! I decided the bowl cut looked like something George could maintain.
    yYBduHD.png

He spends a lot of time wandering around while Dad does chores.
    E9cDtz3.png
    R2Y5lJx.png

I didn't know splashing in the washtub was a thing. I'm happy that it is (more so than Ray, who got a sad moodlet from icky water).
    gzMtkKR.png

He wasn't sure about the bugs at first, but he warmed up.
    CRebdU9.png
    csUUMmZ.png
    Qk5oVBA.png
    You can have a toddler nurture the bugs, btw. They just babble at them.
    I think bug farms are still, well, bugged. They always say they are ready, their health is always declining, and I can never harvest them. The only thing that seems to work with them is that their hunger status changes depending on how long it has been since they were fed.

He and George do have some time for fun also.
    sqGzFi9.png
    q8847ej.png

Why do I keep having sims do flash cards with toddlers right after they finish a sand sculpture? I only know it's a trend with me because they always end up like this.
    GuW2icD.png

And some just general parenting stuff.
    x3MCVcf.png
    i1S6Giu.png

Ray doesn't really have a relationship with his mother, though sometimes he watches her nap.
    vDzc1pf.png

When she does speak to him, George looks rather unhappy about it.
    zm1qGgk.png
    But it's pretty rare.

In the meantime, Ray has a fondness for the ocean.
    29BIVf6.png

No worries, according to CAS he's going to be a merman when he grows up, pretty sure him playing in the shallows unattended will work out ok.
    VupKKAn.png

I've been enjoying all of your stories lately! Hope to post a comment post soon. But now I have to go put my new gaming chair together. Happy simming!
    I've decided to do this update a little differently, from Joanna's perspective.

With Martin being out at work until 9pm, I decided to go and visit space again. I had the ultimate goal of going to Planet Sixam, and wanted plenty of experience before heading there.

PdjipuQ.jpg

Late that evening, after Martin had arrived home and gone to bed, I managed to completely max out the programming skill! That would be incredibly useful for my two programming modules next term.

S9xVh6h.jpg

The following day was New Year's Eve. Not being the party animal type, I called a meeting of Geeks Unite instead. It gave me the opportunity to spend some time with Mama Sue, as I knew she was getting old. At around 3pm, I mastered the Rocket Science skill, which meant that I'd be able to install the Wormhole Generator that would enable me to get to Sixam. It would only cost 1,000 Simoleons too, less than some of the other upgrades.

YV5MyOp.jpg

Later that evening, a young woman called Emilia Charm invited herself over, and I used my innate politeness to befriend her. She stayed to celebrate the New Year with Martin and me. Zershooby!

ZWljMKX.jpg

On Saturday afternoon, everything was going pretty peacefully, when...
    "HELP! JOANNA, HELP, I'M ON FIRE!"
    WHAT?
    Holy Llama. This was NOT what I wanted to see, my beautiful boyfriend with flames licking up his arms and legs.
    "Don't panic!" I said, as much to myself as to him. "I'll put you out!"
    I sprayed him with the fire extinguisher, and the flames soon disappeared.
    "Oh, darling, thank you," he said, swooping me off my feet in a kiss.
    "Whoa, okay, thank you!" I laughed. "You go and clean yourself off. I'll handle dinner."

HTKT3cT.jpg
    59uS9ej.jpg

Later that evening, I finally managed to install the last components of the Wormhole Generator. I was feeling incredibly excited, but I knew I'd have to keep cool in order that I didn't go off course on my journey.

7f7cxT0.jpg

Wow, this place is amazing! I thought as I looked round. There were weirdly glowing plants everywhere. Martin would probably love it here. I decided to collect a few specimens to take back.

5KmP0RS.jpg

Planet Earth seemed almost dull following the mysterious Sixam, but it was where I belonged. I had my degree to finish, after all. I attempted to make a Chatter Bot with the robotics station, but received rather a shock... literally. I felt so dazed that I had to take a nap.

6tASUAn.jpg

Martin's parents both came over on the Wednesday. I didn't really know Fred and Linda that well, so it was nice to be able to meet them properly and get to know them better.

jH1hDCC.jpg

Whilst playing a game of chess, I got a message to tell me that Mama Sue had died. I felt my stomach plummet to the floor. I knew that it would be coming at some point, but, as the old cliche goes, nothing ever actually prepares you for that moment. Mama Sue would never see me graduate, or get married, or have children. I had been closest to her growing up; we were both into chess and programming and even looked alike, despite not being related by blood.

oBcYdTQ.jpg

As I suspected, Mama Jen turned up.
    "Oh Mama," I wept. "Things must be so much worse for you. She was your soulmate!"
    "You must realise that parental love is different to romantic love, even if you don't have children yet. We loved Sue in different ways. You knew her your entire life, whereas I had several years before I even met her."
    "Fair point," I sniffed. "Hey, umm, why don't you move in with Martin and me?"
    "I'd love to," she said. "Oscar and Kirsten are old enough to look after themselves."

2c5UPIp.jpg

Jenny achieving her lifetime aspiration. Seems an odd time to earn the comedy one, given her mood. But everyone deals with sadness in their own way.

65aWeRj.jpg

The next day, I was working on my term paper for one of my programming modules, when...
    "Mama?" I asked, watching on.
    Oh no. Oh no. Not now. Not the day after Mama Sue...

gsXl4NJ.jpg

"Joanna? What's going on? Why is there some cloaked..."
    Martin's words died in his throat as he saw the urn and my weeping figure.
    "Oh no," he said, wrapping an arm round me. "Not your Mama Jen too."
    "Now she's with Sue," I sniffed.

Zb4v6VN.jpg

We placed the tombstone outside and put some flowers beside it.

OgYSNCw.jpg

Life, of course, had to go on. I had three final exams that Friday. I was determined to do as well as I could.

SY070FD.jpg

Once all the exams were over, I got the results at 6pm as per usual.
    "Dang it! One A!" I sighed.
    "Come on, that's amazing!" Martin grinned. "You're not annoyed?"
    "Only slightly," I laughed. "I've still graduated with honours."

ZDWMdKo.jpg

Martin suddenly sank down to one knee, and I clutched my chest.
    "Oh my Plumbob! Please don't tell me you're going to leave me too!" I said.

6yfxB61.jpg

"No, no," Martin laughed. "I've loved you for a long time, now, Joanna..."
    OH MY PLUMBOB! I thought. How daft of me to think he was about to die!!
    "YES!" I yelled before he could utter the immortal four words.

gsfZbEZ.jpg

Well, that WAS unexpected. Particularly after these past few days.

jA8X0SG.jpg

The next morning was graduation. Once I got back home, I knew that I had to get a job, so I searched online and found an opening as a level 8 computer engineer.

CSetnVY.jpg

We were married that same afternoon in the back garden, near to where the rocket was. It was sad that my mothers weren't there, but Fred, Linda, Oscar and Kirsten all came.

2pWedD6.jpg

There was clearly no point in the chairs.

pS927t7.jpg

Of course, on your wedding night, there's only one thing a couple wants to do... *wink wink*

HC4GLl8.jpg

The next morning, I decided to take a pregnancy test. Feeling incredibly nervous, I looked down at it. Two lines! I was going to be a mother! Of course, I had to go and tell Martin...
    "Darling, it worked! We're going to be parents!"

XT2Qvmu.jpg

• KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Eisenstern Legacy
    Start | Previous | Family Tree

So, my hands are still trying to go numb, but fortunately I can do an update with Dragon instead. I got to chapters out the same day, and then had spent about a week coding nonstop, so it's really no surprise that my hands are not happy. But I intend to spend the rest of the week playing the game, and then we'll see about getting some more chapter updates out over the weekend.

Not sure if I'm going to be able to do anymore coding, I need to, honestly this version of my software should have been out like two years ago, but I also can't push it even if that is a frustrating realization… Anyway enough of my whining.

TS4-x64-2021-02-07-22-25-04.jpg
    So as I mentioned, Drake got stuck at their house, and I think the reason why, or what causes the glitch that makes a Sim unable to leave after visiting is when you save and quit while they are over. So I've been trying not to do that. Anyway, Drake likes to distract Gabriel, and he will do this by talking to him nonstop.

He especially loves to do that when Gabriel is supposed to be eating, and I have noticed that if a toddler is distracted with conversation while eating, they will not finish their plate. It is actually annoying as. It's like, I get rid of one irritation and then suddenly I have two more. What is with toddlers in this game? It's like somebody wrote them specifically to be annoying.
    TS4-x64-2021-02-07-22-31-52.jpg
    Somehow, when the toddlers are done eating, they will put their plate on that end counter, beneath the cabinet, so the adult Sims can't get to it, and won't wash up after them if they put their plates there. It is quite strange. How can a toddler reach it, but the adult can't? Okay. Whatever.

Cecily seems to have a preference for Hilda, and Hilda has a preference for her back, and Gabriel has a preference for Avery and vice versa. Speaking of preferences, Drake capped out the friend bar with Gabriel, but Hilda had not even met him before he left. (I also cannot use the term 'capped' with Dragon, for it will mistake it for a command.)

TS4-x64-2021-02-07-22-33-46.jpg
    This was the first time that one of my adult Sims managed to read their toddler to sleep, and actually have the little monster fall asleep. Typically, when they would do this interaction, it would stop halfway through or something, so they'd quit reading, and the toddler would still be awake. But you know how toddler glitches in this game go…

TS4-x64-2021-02-08-20-36-07.jpg
    Freya came over while Drake was stuck. Unfortunately since he is not considered part of the household, his talking to her did not let her in. Cecily and Avery had already gone to sleep.

TS4-x64-2021-02-08-20-45-32.jpg
    So I switched which bedroom Gabriel was in versus which one Hilda was in. Because Gabriel had a higher movement skill, it made sense to put him the furthest away from the kitchen. Well, he still managed to get to the kitchen a thousand times faster than Hilda ever did, so he would get there, grab his food, and then sit down and Drake would get to him and steal the other chair before Hilda got there.

I ended up sending him home, with the control any Sim mod, because he was just being so disruptive by being around all the time. Love him, but he was a pain to have about. In this instance, it took her another 20 seconds to waddle across the house to the couch. At this rate, I'm going to rebuild the house again.

TS4-x64-2021-02-08-23-11-56.jpg
    Random hugs!

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-00-03-56.jpg
    That's his sister's toy… And his sister's bed… She doesn't seem too happy about this arrangement.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-00-06-20.jpg
    Now, this has to be kidding me. Seriously? Toddlers get angry from playing with toys too much? In what freaking universe…??? They'll also get angry from playing with the nesting blocks too much, playing with dolls too long, and occasionally from too much flashcards, and from some other random things. The only thing that they can learn from that they will not get upset about playing with too much is the tablet.

This is making my Sims look like horrible parents because the only thing I can get their children to learn from without them having a meltdown is a tablet. Wow.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-00-17-30.jpg
    This is Elaina Harris, she is the daughter of Morgan and Jeb. I know, I'm sorry Dragon, I did teach you to spell Morgyn the other way…

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-00-56-46.jpg
    Unlike her brother, Hilda was quite good at getting her tablet games played with instead of ignoring them. What is really weird is that Gabriel is inquisitive, and Hilda is clingy, so she should have taken a longer amount of time to max out all of her skills, but she actually did it faster than Gabriel did. Despite learning everything on the tablet. I don't know either.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-00-59-59.jpg
    This was Gabriel's last opportunity to be a toddler, because he took so dang long to max out his skills. Tragic, truly.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-01-10-23.jpg
    Time to blow out the candles! Surprisingly, it was easier to find the spot on the counter this time that it was the other times with Bryn, Cynemaer, Cecily, and Freya.

gabriel2.png
    And here he is, he is now a child.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-01-35-34.jpg
    Diaval seems to be okay with just sitting on the foot of Hilda's bed. He did stay there for quite some time, it was kind of nice. Like, okay child good, cat good too.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-02-29-50.jpg
    The fire is still alive!

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-02-33-17.jpg
    Gabriel finally decided to pay attention to Nana. That was kind of funny, considering they've had Nana since the start of generation two, and generation three pretty much ignored it the whole time.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-02-45-08.jpg
    Gabriel does the dishes without being prompted, so that's pretty nice. But the Eisenstern kids are usually pretty good kids, at least so far, so I am not too surprised. Oh, Gabriel rolled cat lover.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-02-45-54.jpg
    First day of school! Oddly monumental, and I'm not sure why I feel that way.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-02-51-17.jpg
    Hilda got to read a book! Apparently they will chew on them. That is realistic, and annoying as all get out.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-17-57-46.jpg
    It's my favorite glitch!

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-18-01-51.jpg
    At least they get along, even if they aren't the same age anymore.

But, there's some strange sense of poetic justice, when Gabriel was a toddler and of course he did because he was inquisitive, Gabriel managed to irritate both of his parents into the tense moodlet from being asked why so much. And then after he became a child, Hilda did it to him, even though her trait is not one that would favor that interaction.

I think I have since disabled this. It turns out that according to the tuning, toddlers will favor asking why when they are fine or happy, prefer to ask their parents or a caregiver, though they will ask their siblings at a lower preference rate, and charmers and inquisitive tots especially loved to ask why. Independent tots are blacklisted from doing it.

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-18-04-17.jpg
    This cat and the stove…

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-18-56-33.jpg
    Oh dear… That doesn't look so good, does it?

(Don't worry, no kitty cats were fried in the making of this screenshot.)

TS4-x64-2021-02-09-19-19-12.jpg
    I wasn't expecting them to ever have kids! I did turn it on so that they could, if only because Kaylie is an alien, and it made sense to me.

TS4-x64-2021-02-10-00-26-27.jpg
    Cecily decided to teach Hilda to say sorry. It looks like she does not quite understand. Well, she's two.

TS4-x64-2021-02-10-00-33-04.jpg
    As I said, Hilda maxed out her skills much faster than Gabriel did, so she has a handful of days before aging up, and her skills are already maxed. So she has the rest of the week to be a toddler, and I guess be spontaneous.

You know what is going to be blocked from my game next? The splashing in the bathtub. Oh, I did also find the tuning for the so-and-so is very hungry, be sure to feed him or her before they get taken away message, and I turned it off. Finally, the game will not yell at me because the toddler decided to sleep through a hunger moodlet.

I am actually releasing these on Tumblr, as I figure out that they work.

TS4-x64-2021-02-10-00-35-49.jpg
    Freya came by to visit again, and it was nice to see her. I got to look at MC pregnancy, and it turns out she and Kaylie are having a boy.

TS4-x64-2021-02-10-00-37-02.jpg
    Caleb had also come over, and he decided to talk to Gabriel. Or Gabriel decided to talk to him? I'm not sure what order that went in.

TS4-x64-2021-02-10-00-50-05.jpg
    Being the active Sim she is, Freya decided to go for a jog. And seems to have sensed the wife while she was out… I think I accidentally glitched her too, so she may be stuck here. Oops.

Next
    Post edited by Keidra on
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
    @Keidra I enjoyed the update that focused on Gabriel and Hilda. It is lovely to see how toddlers learn from each other (and others in the house like kids r teens). It was something I liked about the 100 babies. They teach each other about the dolls house too. Bath animations are my favourite though it can drive me insane to get adults to respond to them. I also chuckled when Cecily and Drake "shared" the bathroom. Sometimes sims have strange definitions of boundaries. And I had forgotten all about the secret traits and MCC - I love checking them out. Thanks for the reminder. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your wrists - I have issues with my eyes and it is so annoying that everything I love doing needs them. I hope Dragon works out for you.

@sarabeth2984 Nice to see the boarding school people at uni - should I know who Michael Bachelor is - are they a maxis sim or one of yours? And good to see Rocky off to the military (even if it is in Strangerville). Your barracks are looking very good to me but then I know nothing about the military. I feel for Dustin - I have had sims like that - no matter what they try - their romantic advances fall flat. Jessica my sim who was married to Bjorn and is now with Diego spent years and years being turned down by every man in the world (even Don and Marcus), thats why she had those 2 absolutely horrible boyfriends before Bjorn and thought Bjorn (with his many faults) was wonderful. I did have to remove your Griffin from that save though - when he had his cameo as Bjorn's uncle- Jessica and Griffin both became obsessed and it was going to derail Jessica/Diego if I left him there (how dare you have such an attractive sim!!) And poor Rocky - I just went to say a Rachel comment when I read on and you wrote it. That 5% risky woohoo gets sims everytime LOL Jocelyn and Ripp look good together though. And you were right Pavarti and Rocky seem really good together.

Have you any ideas about Rosemows item you don't use challenge? I am going to have to go through the different build and buy menus and pull out things that don't seem familiar to get some ideas. I hope It's not too ugly or strange - which is my usual reason for not using something.

@Metior_Ice I didn't even know the butler's had a manual but then I haven't played with butlers in my game yet - and I have had that pack forever. I loved the run of speech bubbles making a conversation - I love it when they join together and do make sense in the situation. And how nice to see a fame card that doesn't get you sacked from your current job. I think comedian has a promotion one too but the rest mean you end up losing your job. And I have never had a toddler playdate work - so I am no help as to what is the trick. And just read your pet post. My heart is touched. Pets are tremendously important. My last cat got so old she started to get dementia - she was always a light eater but when she got older she would eat and then 5 minutes later be meowing in a panic that I had forgotten to feed her. I had to be careful not to make her sick as she started doing this 10 - 15 times a day (as soon as I took her to a bowl she realised she "felt" full. It was sad but funny too. It was obvious in other ways that her memory was going too but she was a sweet old girl that I had from a kitten. She was a tuxedo cat and her black parts started to grey too - I didn't know it happened to cats. She and her sister are "people" sims in my game because I can't bear seeing them as cats. I haven't had a pet since them. (I probably should).

@haneul Brett, with his little bowl cut is adorable. Have you ever seen the "mysterious cities of gold" cartoon series because he strikes me as a toddler version of the character Tao (who I really liked). Artbreeder Elmire is breathtaking. Such a lovely child. Asher reading the university text to his sleeping child cracked me up - definitely no chill.

@sepia your sims look like they had so much fun over the holidays and sharing their grand meal.

@DeafSimmer Zelda is so beautiful - I love her skin - are you using a skin overlay?

@octavion4444 your save sounds really fun - and cheating in the sims 4 isn't really like cheating in other games - there is nothing to "gain" or win from cheating and no one suffers from the choice so if you want to use Hogwarts why shouldn't you? :)

@BlueSeaWaves poor archie looked so disappointed at his snowboarding failures. I wanted to cheer him up too. I loved his jog with Bandit LOL
    Poor Anna - secrets eat away at you (not that I have ever had THAT secret). Poor Arthur, terrible , terrible foster parent! And when he lost his money in the vending machine -awww that sort of thing happens to me too right when it is least needed.

@Rosysimmer I love the interaction between your sims - it was a good thing she had twins.

I still haven't finished with comments on this page but I have to know my limits and I want to do a post today so I can do a romantic vealentine's one.

• MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    So I made my 4th Paranormal Investigator today, and while I've only been playing him for a day... I already love this Sim to death. And I'm wondering how the h-e-double hockey sticks he's still alive. Well, do I have ever have a story for you today, dear forum! Image-heavy post, so I'm putting most of it in spoilers.

Meet Diego Fuentes: ghost hunter extraordinare.
    GkTEHP2.png
    Yes, that early greying is caused by some unruly ghosts. And yes, those scars were too (that was the one gig that got pretty hairy). He just moved into the Mt. Korebi neighborhood, and his house was suspiciously cheap... He's quite brave, though: a few transparent roommates never scared him. He's a Loner, Adventerous, and Self-Assured. His Lifestyles are Adrenaline Seeker and Close-Knit: he's not really a people person, and he really can't see himself doing any other work then ghost hunting. I also learned today that trouble definitely has a way of finding him...

His first gig of today is already a story in its own: he accidentally got hit by lightning... and lived. Yeah, I don't know how he's still walking after that one either. Also, he somehow sucessfully finished the exorcism after getting fried. Well, after a few days of hard work and dealing with HER on the 5th night in his new home, I felt like he deserved a day off. There was a lovely hiking trail a travel interaction on the phone away, and Guidry promised to watch the house while Diego was gone. So I thought a nature walk might be just the thing he needed.

The hike started off nice.
    He was definitely enjoying the sights of Senbamachi.
    Gilk3tU.png
    cQCiQyz.png
    He heard a weird noise, and I was already dreading that the forest spirits have it in for this guy as well. Lucky for me, no impromptu ghostbusting needed to be done.
    y0ieveT.png
    A little while later though, a Giant Centipede thought it could be scarier then Diego's ethereal roommates. But if lightning already can't do him in, then how can one little bug hope to do it?
    cwbWdBH.png
    Needless to say: He swatted it off like a boss. The bite didn't even get to him because he was already in a good mood, and he soldiered on like nobody's business.
    LVnPG5B.png
    Then he stopped at the local temple.
    On the way there, Diego stopped to autonomously take a picture of this bridge, and I have to hand it to him: I would've probably wanted to take a picture of that lovely vista as well. Frankly speaking: That bamboo forest is gorgeous, kudos to the environment design team there.
    2QKWkiN.png
    Then he noticed the local temple, and decided to make a bit of a stop there.
    cNt8mSU.png
    T3RX72n.png
    He added his wish to that little wall out front: He must've wished for eternal rest for a few ghosts haunting those poor Sims. Sadly, no dice. He can't help but feel bad for Sims dying before the Elder life stage, so he stopped to pay his respects at the local cemetery as well.
    BzotW64.png
    He did consider to stop and sit down for a bit, but his legs weren't that tired yet... Running around chasing ghosts out of a house tends to keep one in shape.
    UvYUuFX.png
    And then it was time to head on back.
    He realized that he maybe did need some salve for that centipede bite... So he started to head back to town to find a vending machine.
    czdgU2p.png
    On the way back, he ran into Gregory Landgraab, who, er... had a similar Giant Centipede problem. Turns out Diego isn't the only one who didn't check the wildlife report before the hike. But because he's not a fan of the Landgraabs for neglecting to tell him that his new home was haunted: he took the time for a selfie before helping out.
    YiABVeG.png
    Don't worry, Gregory is fine... A bit spooked, but alive. Anyhow, Diego did feel quite refreshed after a semi-relaxing nature walk. Creepy-crawlies aside: the bamboo forests of Senmabachi are beautiful and he'd highly recommend it to tourists.
    dOj3qRA.png
    So after a quick stop at the local vending machine, Diego headed back home feeling ready to wrangle some more ghosts. Turns out: this was indeed exactly what he needed. In fact, his work preformance bar got far enough that his rates went up.

I actually took all of these screenshots without a spare sim to keep the plumbob out of screenshots, but I'm considering putting one in because Diego just screenshots so well. And his stories give me plenty to work with. I honestly didn't intend to play him for more then a few days, but I'm liking this Sim more then I thought I would.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited February 2021
    @DeafSimmer
    Happy to hear that you liked Christine´s wedding dress, it´s one of my favorites too. I havven´t had a reason to dress up for months because of the pandemic, so the least I can do is live vivaciously through my sims.
    99% of my brawls happen at nightclubs, don´t know why. Maybe the sims going there are more passionate about stuff?

@Becka28
    No, I don´t have Eco Lifestyle, so no NAPS. Just someone having a bad day :D I know that one person involved in the fight was Lilith Vatore, but I can´t recall who she was fighting with. Must have been a NPC, because I´ve rotated through all of my played sims since then and all of them are either friends with her or don´t know her at all.
    That explains a bit about Rohan. I have several loner sims myself, and they can be a real pain sometimes. Some just get tense (Adelise), some hate everyone except for their family and closest friends (Hugo Villareal, who literally growls whenever someone new tries to chat with him), some barely react at all because they are easily distracted by other things going on in their lives (Esme´s husband Gunther, who I forgot most of the time is even a loner, because his other traits take over)

@AlwaysAsking
    Joaquin is married to Luna Villareal. Pretty he may not be, but he is good with children and fun to have around, so perhaps you should give him a chance in the future.
    MCCC married Don to Alicia Dreamer, the daughter of Lilith Pleasant and Dirk Dreamer. She is a lovely dark-skinned redhead who hates children but still aspires to have a successful lineage, as one does. Alicia is also very rich, because her mother won a lottery once.
    I have always liked Christine, but I used to struggle with finding a place for her. Christine wants to be a good girl and make her parents proud (Gideon and Lucille, not her birth parents, one of whom is dead and she hasn´t seen the other for years), but like almost all of her siblings, she lacks impulse control and is prone to self-sabotaging her relationships.
    Octavia is always out and about. If they serve drinks, then it´s a good place to be. Thorne is never with her - I only see him at Starlight Accords, never anywhere else.
    Good to hear that the part about Christine´s past helped to make some sense. I should probably add a short introduction to Ellyn too, because it´s been a year since I last posted anything about her.
    Alexander has some issues. And he may or may not have recognized Lucille when she showed up at his house, which is not helping at all with said issues.
    @MelanieScribbles Diego Fuente is gorgeous - I am glad he survived to ghost hunt another day :) I don't know if you are a PC player but if you are press ctrl shift c and type testingcheats true enter then type headlineeffects off - it makes all the plumbobs and crystals for group etc disappear for screenshotting. IT also makes the labels on food and books and other sims disappear but do the same thing but with headlineeffects on - and it brings everything back. Then you don't need a second sim if you don't want one. (you can see from my screenshots I forget to do this half the time LOL and I am always ruining good moments with plumbobs etc.

Quin And Rohan

previous post

Rohan having a life outside the house :)
    I love the Professor work uniforms in this game.
    yfhrd8b.png

Quin enjoys the jogging paths in Brindleton Bay...
    fuimp5s.png

Well mostly - except when this happens
    Is she coded to show up in her underwear everywhere - why does this women never wear clothes???
    4zUTo0l.png

The usual relationship continues...
    3BiGWLQ.png
    7iXLrTU.png
    VK1m1V1.png
    FLqbtpU.png
    Quin is as confused as I am about where naked Rohan just pulled that rose from..
    7QfBeNW.png

Quin is still miserable that no baby is on the horizon
    T2w5H92.png
    Rohan can't bear to see Quin sad and wants to know what's wrong..
    WvesmnM.png
    HdC6N50.png
    He can't believe how sad Quin is about not having another child..
    gqwFOYw.png
    Rohan reminds Quin of everything they promised each other they would do befoe thinking about their own family. He promises Quin they will have a baby - that he wants one too.
    ZvbtYhE.png
    I am not sure Quin believes Rohan (but what Rohan is saying is true..
    kFkcqrT.png?1

And then there was a new little one in Quin and Rohan's life
    5AJoRcY.png

Meet the new family member....
    lH2KfBC.png

DzQrYtY.png
    His name is Beowoof (I googled pun dog names as I was lacking inspiration - I figured Rohan and Quin (who is a bookworm) would like the literary reference). I always adopt pets with my sims. I usually bring 2 or 3 home and let my sims pick the one they like best. I picked some really nice puppies but both guys picked Beowoof. Beowoof is stubborn and a troublemaker and at least loyal. Quin and Rohan ignored the other nicer puppies so they have cursed me with this cute but evil pet. He also barks 24/7 and wants all the affection - he is very jealous of Quin and Rohan being Quin and Rohan. Luckily they adore him - especially the worse he gets.

They were woohooing and Beowoof barked himself unconcious. But not even a pampered puppy gets between these two and their woohoo. But it was as bad as a baby crying in game and I had to turn the sound down.
    pwlIpTV.png

How can one tiny puppy make soooo much mess. His poop is bigger than his body. Plus he has the nasty habit of rolling around in his pee - they can't train him to stop (stubborn trait of course) so he is smelly and disgusting most of the time.
    PiWciW5.png

But he seriously adores both Quin and Rohan so is obviously a puppy with superior taste.
    kWP9evn.png
    er847cY.png

Timber visits and a day out
    Quin was bored with perfecting his baking.
    UNUaVsC.png

so he was really happy when Timber dropped in for a visit.
    WHgF6KT.png

Quin continues to try and help and encourage Timber to make good choices.
    SnMhfan.png

Even evil sims love cute little puppies.
    By7neiC.png

Quin took Beowoof to the dog park. The female paparazzo who follows him everywhere loved the photo opportunity.
    o0Dcu6u.png

This cool gallery sim showed up in my game - some people have so much sim making talent, I can't help downloading the great ones. He is called The Dragon Dealer by EA ID: Mongolian_girl. Quin really liked him and if Rohan wasn't so jealous I think we would have made him a family friend.
    IwWgaF3.png

Most sims loved Beowoof but Hyacinth Bucket did not approve.
    v59Y7DD.png

Beowoof is a scrappy little thing - a dog fight happened and he dashed over to join in.
    DPpGFCh.png

Poor Quin - - Beowoof rolled in his pee AGAIN
    CnjNaXV.png

But he does enjoy having something small and helpless to bathe and care for. It might not be a baby but it will do for now.
    8I4NxI6.png

Dinner Party
    Quin decided to throw a dinner party so family and friends could celebrate their engagement. Rohan hates having so many people in his home but agrees to please Quin.
    gxDQcAu.png
    Lucia (daughter of Quin AND Rohan - baby 100) is so happy for her Dads.
    GxipOLE.png
    HVsqW0U.png
    So is Rohan's gran.
    aavGCpY.png
    Ekram hates Quin so his reaction is predictable...
    yhJXGwt.png
    Beowoof was a hit.
    IE4ElRl.png
    It made me giggle that Malcolm and Quin had the same outfit - like father like son.
    nVXLMuj.png
    oBHbfKt.png
    CAWBily.png
    Rohan busies himself with cleaning and chores so his social anxiety doesn't overwhelm him.
    wJ5O6qc.png
    Quin doesn't want Rohan to be left with all the work though
    3bRReOp.png

What about Morgyn - we haven't seen them forever - has Morgyn given up on Quin????
    NO. Morgyn just invited themself in one day (as is typical for Morgyn)
    AQ6FVQS.png
    It became a Morgyn versus Rohan competition as usual..
    1mPtSs0.png
    I would really hate to be Quin right now..
    FwotXuN.png
    So does Quin - he hates being put in this position..
    EVCV6yP.png
    Rohan gives Morgyn a "seriously why are you even bothering look" while Morgyn gives Quin the best flirts in their repertoire.
    w9TKPSx.png
    Rohan, as always, is extremely blunt about his feelings about Morgyn.
    dfb7R1y.png
    Morgyn asks Quin for permission to stay and Rohan gives Quin theÿou are going to tell Morgyn to leave aren't you or I'm about to go crazy"look - seriously Rohan scares me sometimes...
    8NgC4eU.png
    Morgyn gives Quin this look (seriously I do feel sorry for Morgyn)
    mSXhddk.png
    Quin doesn't want anyone but Rohan
    1TyKxoo.png
    Morgyn gives another - you haven't seen the last of me side eye.
    WBrculi.png

Morgyn did one good thing
    - their whims when Morgyn leaves are:
    aYjzTU8.png?17YWH3DH.png?2
    Oh well - I will be happy to fulfill that whim :)
    0qkDeHG.png
    but first they had some private whims of their own
    3vNX6Tu.png
    X9nzqd0.png
    t99CwQf.png
    Hahaha Morgyn came back in and turned around and went straight back out when they realised what was happening.
    xMBFp2i.png

@Becka28 all I can say is that:

If I let Ezie's passing stop me from getting another cat (And that was a difficult one because she would have held on even after her kidneys failed) I wouldn't have gotten Apollo, and if I didn't get Apollo, I think I would feel so much worse , and Hazel (the one that mothers him) would never have stopped beating up on another cat when she plays too rough.

Apollo didn't replace Rocky or Ezie, but he did bring a kind of balance to the home that I think we needed.

Pets in the sims bring balance to the households, and the virtual version of Rocky isn't too hard for me to see. He was a dork when he was alive. I kinda like seeing him be a dork in the game. It keeps the good memories alive.

Speaking of pets in the sims, sim Cats can ID merfolk and the haunted stuff that appears in a haunted house. They are very perceptive and good to have around.
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    @Becka28 Thank you: he's just a default-generated Sim from CAS where I only changed his hair, body type and slapped a beard plus some new clothes on (not to mention some cool-looking scars). I legit didn't change anything about his facial build, good thing CAS gave me a decent base to work with. I'll definitely be using that cheat next time, Diego has no room in his house for a 2nd sim.

I just can't get over how funny the name Beowoof is: pure gold! :D I must've audibly squee'd once I opened that spoiler and saw the first screenshot. I honestly need to give more of my Sims pets, but they're often too busy and I end up throwing way too many need cheats at that household to keep the pet from running away. I feel like their needs go down way too fast while my Sim is at work, doing a daily work task, or taking care of one of their own needs in the yellow. I wish we could actually walk puppies, that would make them so much more fun to play (I hate having to wait until the adult pet life stage for that).

Also, one of my favorite townies and such a pretty Sim? I love it. Morgyn, don't you dare break them up!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top