Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited January 2021
    I downloaded new sliders and can't get them to work. Posted here since it has to do with genetics, at least to me. They're in the right folder, but I think I need something from NRAAS to get them to work properly. @igazor help, please! <3 T.I.A!

In related news, can't wait to see the kids that come from these two! I tried to get Carson to stop smiling, but he wouldn't. LOL!
    1hihRAX.jpg
    R4po7zg.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @HillyBeth I can't remember off the top of my head where in MC settings you allow more sliders to show but I think it's under Nraas - MC - Settings - CAS - then something to do with number of sliders that can show.
    Good look with your new couple. Looking forward to seeing their kids.
    @Mikezumi Thanks on both counts. I can't wait either <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    Well, I have an update! Meet Isabella Covington! She looks like her daddy! As far as bone structure, that won't be known until she's grown up. Lol. Mom and Dad become adults in 9 days and recently got married. Yeah, I did it backwards. LOL!
    HoCJeyk.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Congrats on the birth of Isabella :) Looking forward to seeing who she looks like when she grows up.
    @Mikezumi me too. Once her parents age up, they'll try for a second baby. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    Been months since I post in here, but since I played with really long lifespan I guess I can't post the genetic update as often lol

Anyway, this is Leurent Schmarshall ( Son of Benjamin Schmidt and Felipe Marshall ) and Mildred Bagley ( Daughter of Sherman Bagley and Gracie Loveland) 's family
    Screenshot-167.jpg
    and they both has a son together named Felipe Schmarshall Jr (named after Leurent's father himself)
    Screenshot-103.jpg

Felipe Schmashall Jr married his university best friend Kyle Heilman and changed his surname to Kyle's also they both has a son via ITF Hospital
    Screenshot-371.jpg
    Screenshot-372.jpg
    and this is their son Aiden Heilman
    Screenshot-375.jpg
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    @izecson Felipe and Aiden are good looking boys! Love Felipe's hair colour! :) I don't know how ITF Hospital genetics work because I haven't installed ITF yet and would probably continue to use male pregnancy anyway.
    edited January 2021
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @izecson Felipe and Aiden are good looking boys! Love Felipe's hair colour! :) I don't know how ITF Hospital genetics work because I haven't installed ITF yet and would probably continue to use male pregnancy anyway.

I do like giving early young adult sims's hair a shade of another color, sometime ocean blue and sometime lime green))

as for the ITF Baby, I always did that for same sex partners in my game, it works like any sims born from normal pregnancy if you choose randomize option, but if you choose other option you will be given an option to choose sex, hair and eye color of the baby.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited January 2021
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    The RG mod will do its magic even for those constructed babies at the hospital, if you have it active; at least for the "randomize" option. You will get the usual announcement screen with the mix percentages.
    Thanks for that information @Turjan :) Although I own all the EPs I haven't tried them all even though I have been playing since the beginning :confounded:
    Four birthdays in one gameplay session!

Carson Covington(Dad)
    r3s4FM1.jpg

Mollie Covington(Mom, she's also in a mid-life crisis!)
    D8ALhUM.jpg

Isabella Covington
    4aUPDkX.jpg

Oliver Covington
    5UMSt29.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Congrats on the birth of Oliver :) Do you look at slider positions when they are small or do you wait until they are older? Looking forward to seeing who the kids look like :)
    @Mikezumi I actually never did, but now I think I'm going to once Bella ages up in a few days to a teenager.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    I haven't posted anything in here lately, so I guess I'd just drop a few pics.
    Hesper (Gobias Koffi x Susan Wainwright) and Lucas (Jamie Jolina x my founder Marcus Stout) as full adults.
    r9SnSz4.jpg
    Their oldest daughter Helga as YA.
    BRUfW9q.jpg
    Their son Scott (just turned YA).
    zYjJOqR.jpg
    Their daughter Victoria as a teen.
    b7KuxSk.jpg
    Their youngest is still a toddler, so nothing to see.
    The Covington's added two more kids to the family! Meet Gillian and Conner Covington! I'll look at their sliders once they're toddlers. Oh, big brother Oliver becomes a child in one day and oldest child Isabella becomes a teen two days after her brother ages up. The only life-stages that are edited are adults and elders. Everyone else is default settings.
    Gilly
    RY991mA.jpg

Conner
    BuHT26F.jpg

It's very late, so the whole family is asleep. I need to get the mod that removes the overhead 'zzzz's. Lol.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @Turjan Helga, Scott and Victoria are very attractive! :)

@HillyBeth Congrats on the birth of Gillian and Conner :)
    @Mikezumi thanks! I'm afraid to give them one last hurrah because both parents have Fertility Treatment and could end up with six kids! That's too much for me! LOL!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    edited February 2021
    @Turjan Helga is really a nice lookin gal.

Cant help but notice Victoria looks like Lightning from Final Fantasy 13
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Tried to take some photos of the Twins in my Hidden Springs Save, but failed as I couldn't get the correct angle. But I will try and take some photos once they ages up to children as well as photos of their parents
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    I was forced to reset Isabella using NRAAS because she wasn't aging up to a teenager and it reset her genetics. I have to go back and change her eye color back to blue but everything else I can't fix. I tried to randomize her genetics again, but the option doesn't show up for teens.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @Sleepstar Looking forward to seeing pics of your family :) I had trouble getting good pics when I first started but think I have improved a lot over the years. The camera controls get easier with practice.

@HillyBeth Do you use save as and do you have a save prior to Isabella's birthday? I rarely get the problem you describe but it has happened. As soon as I have a sim that won't age up I exit without saving and go back to an earlier save (I do a few save as saves during a sim day). When I am in the previous save I change all outfits on the problem sim before trying again. If that fails I quit without saving again and do an MC reset on the problem sim before trying to age them up. Another thing I do is keep sim files for each life stage of my sims (except baby) so that I can do a body swap if my sims turn into default sims with a failed age up.
    edited February 2021
    @Mikezumi I fixed it. Now I'm having a new issue that I won't go into in this thread. Here's a new family photo and Isabella's CAS pic, as well as the twins. The Random Genetics mod gave Isabella most of her father's genes.

Isabella:
    04y6Mb9.jpg

Gillian:
    OfFQCKC.jpg

Conner:
    rwFsshv.jpg

The family!
    7kFE49m.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth I am glad you managed to randomize Isabella's genetics after the age up problem. The family is coming along nicely :)
    Thanks! I'll fill you in on the new issue I'm having in a different post. <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays