Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

1272829303133...Next

Comments

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have to repeal Sharing is Caring and Free Love. Sims are stealing radios from the bar, furniture from the restaurants, and brother/father in laws kissing their sister/daughter in laws. :o
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2020
    * "Free Love" is ruining my enemy relationships that are there purposefully for story.

* My Sim will not complete a task - She will not finish making a meal and will stop once or twice to whip out a violin or ball of clay.

* All of my Sims have like 40 lumps of clay spawn in their inventory and white cake all over their house

* My Sims keep fighting at restaurants and won't complete dates if roughhousing is enabled, the servers won't serve and the location ceases to function.

* My Sims now neurotically switch between randomly doing push-ups, playing a violin, getting naked publicly and kissing strangers.

* I can't stop N.A.P for each neighborhood until voting is open and some of my neighborhoods have nobody living there and I don't want anyone living there so locations like Del Sol Valley and Magnolia Promenade are unplayable for me or I'll need to save my build, uproot it, place a household there, play it until I can vote, move or delete that household and then place my build again.

* "Sharing is Caring"
    Post edited by Loftyy on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    My advice is Repeal as the first thing you should do when you vote. It's usually sharing and caring!
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2020
    calaprfy wrote: »
    What makes me laugh is how many simmers have cried out for the inclusion of burglars, someone to steal their stuff, so Sharing Is Caring becomes a thing and everyone is moaning about their stuff being stolen!

This is way different. This is a ton of Sims looting a whole lot and you can't defend against it :D
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I don't own EcoLiving, but it is on my list of packs to purchase in the future. What saddens me is the update broke the game in two ways:
    1. Can't rummage in the trash anymore, there is never any trash in there. So now I have to purchase parts to upgrade items. And I can't play a poor homeless sim that survives by eating trash food.
    2. There was a major patch that fixed gardening and this patch introduced new issues with gardening that makes one of my favorite things to do in the game nearly impossible. The patch brought in the bug where harvestables revert to the mound.

Going forward, whatever knew pack the bring out don't touch the existing files that deal with gardening or trash. Just write new code.

Otherwise, I think the pack is a cool pack, but I needed to vent and this is the place to do it.

wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    The following are my most annoying problems with Eco Lifestyle:

WhiteCake Baking does not go away when you rescind the NAP for Foodies Unite. Now they make Sugar-free Carob Coconut cakes as well as white cake. I have a lot downloaded from the Gallery, with Sims that I created, in a neighborhood that has never had a FoodieUnite NAP and they keep making cakes.

My Sims keep taking books from their inventory open them up, then stop the interaction because it falls out of the queue. I have many books with multiple copies in my Sims inventory. This action knocks out other actions in the queue

Sometimes I get frustrated and stop playing the game because of them. I'm not going to buy any other packs until these problems are resolved.
  • Options
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I too regret getting this pack. Was just playing university and even though I turned off all the eco stuff and went into all the neighborhoods in the town that came with it to disable every NAP when I started this save - stuff is going missing from the dorm - grrr! Real problem because cannot go into buy in a dorm when sims are living there to replace stuff. Stereos, radios, chairs, deco items keep disappearing - had my sim buy a radio from the kiosk to replace the stereo and then that went missing. Do not know if it is a NAP causing it or a sim with that recycle trait but this is so annoying! Also still get the pop-ups that the voting is open/closed even though all the eco stuff is supposed to be turned off.

How do you disable Eco Lifestyle?
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @mebagl15 There is an option to turn it off in the game options, but there are active NAPS in the neighborhoods that came with it so you have to go into a household in each neighborhood and disable them using the mailbox - there is an option they added to be able to do that.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice It sounds time-consuming. I've got too many lots in too many neighborhoods I'll try it on the lots that I've played recently
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2020
    Loftyy wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    What makes me laugh is how many simmers have cried out for the inclusion of burglars, someone to steal their stuff, so Sharing Is Caring becomes a thing and everyone is moaning about their stuff being stolen!

This is way different. This is a ton of Sims looting a whole lot and you can't defend against it :D

Yeah this is not like having burglars.

It's sims taking whatever they like because the majority of the neighbors voted for it and you are supposed to accept it.
    If we had burglars that were allowed to come in your sim's house, take what they want, and you aren't allowed a burglar alarm, nor allowed to call the police, or interfere with the burglar in any way, no simmer who wants burglars would like that either.

On top of that it's breaking community lots and dorms.
    This is the worse pack by far.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I hate Sharing is Caring so much. Who approved this?
  • Options
    pjnpjn Posts: 7 New Member
    I hate this expansion pack. When my neighbors voted to charge me for utility usage I was forced to go over and kill them all. And that zone is disgusting and too depressing to even visit.

What was the point of this thing? It's the only one I specifically ban via command-line arguments.