Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anniversary Gift Speculation

So with hiring 21 CC creators, and with something coming on the 25th, here's my guesses.

- A new gallery feature that allows the download of custom content from approved partners. No more third party websites.
- A CC curation tool that links to promoted CC creators. You'll still need to click to their external websites.
- Embedding some select assets in-game from CC creators, such a hair color sliders, body hair, etc. This would be free and included with base game.
- Announcement of a new game pack that included collaboration with CC creators. This would not be included in base game but would be driven by leaders of the community.
- A new Sparkd Challenge
- A new season of the Sparkd show
- A Sims clothing line, or Sims merchandise line

Honestly I'm hoping for #3.

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I will be so sad! :'(
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    If I had to guess I'd say we're getting a free pack (like the holiday one) with new trendy Build Buy, some hairs and skin/body details with a focus on diversity. Maybe lashes, more natural hairstyles (upgrade of the cauliflower hair?), body hair by Luumia, heterochromia or vitiligo.

That would make more sense than a blank world to me because most of the speculated creators are known for CAS content.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Is there a confirmed list of creator collaborators yet? The only one that I have heard of is Luumia but I'm not sure about anyone else or if there even is an 'anyone else' - could just be Luumia??
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i hope people dont get thier hopes too high with this and get disappointed like always cuz ive seen that way too many times and im tired of it...

this will just most likely be some cas and build/buy stuff made from popular cc creators and honeslty im more than ok with that. im frankly surprised they did something. but i am happy they are doing this and making the community a big part of the game, now to the point THIER OWN CREATIONS will officially be a part of the game its genuinely amazing and not many games do stuff like this and involve thier community in the creation of the actual game. i hope they continue doing stuff like this it makes me happy.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Is there a confirmed list of creator collaborators yet? The only one that I have heard of is Luumia but I'm not sure about anyone else or if there even is an 'anyone else' - could just be Luumia??

The announcement tweet in French mentioned 21 cc creators, so there's 20 more people besides Luumia. I wonder what the collaboration is like. When Xmiramira asked for better skintones EA made the skintones but with input from her and maybe several other creators. So, I wonder if this collaboration will be the same, with cc creators giving feedback but the actual work being done by EA. Or maybe they will work on characters, stories and buildings in a new world?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    If the cc creators actually make assets to be in game then I really hope they are able to still stick to the maxis style and not veer off too far from it. I do download cc but I always like in game items more because they always look more polished and less glitchy
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If I had to guess I'd say we're getting a free pack (like the holiday one) with new trendy Build Buy, some hairs and skin/body details with a focus on diversity. Maybe lashes, more natural hairstyles (upgrade of the cauliflower hair?), body hair by Luumia, heterochromia or vitiligo.

That would make more sense than a blank world to me because most of the speculated creators are known for CAS content.

I would hope we're getting some new gameplay as well.

It's 21 creators.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member

It's 21 creators.

Yeah but is that confirmed? I know the French twitter post said it but the English post never mentioned it. I just find that odd for some reason.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I'm not gonna speculate too much, it's too easy to set yourself up for disappointment by doing that.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

It's 21 creators.

Yeah but is that confirmed? I know the French twitter post said it but the English post never mentioned it. I just find that odd for some reason.

It seems like a mistake on the french translation. "21 years" and "some content creators" is what the version in english says, while the french says "21 content creators". Yes, it's odd.
    The official Sims on Twitter says a gift (singular). I really wish since cc creators are helping it would be more then 1 item but we'll probably get more stuff not related to the 21st Anniversary if this is coming in a Pre Gamepack Patch.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm just expecting some CAS assets, probably with a focus on diversity since they've been posting a lot about that recently.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited February 2021
    EA CEO plans to make the community do the content... it's probably cheaper than hiring employees.
    And when we think about developing a social network for Gen Z plays around each of our major franchises, we think
    about user-generated content as a very central strand of the DNA of those experiences in those communities.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this collaboration with CC creators, I'm sure we're only getting some new CAS and BB objects, but knowing what CC creators are capable of I'm real excited.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Personally I think it will be one of our big patches and that they'll have been working on it for ages anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I hope that they will patch in some CC objects and console players finally will get some amazing stuff cuffently only available for PC.