Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Item Description speculation

2...Next

Comments

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I hate reading these types of threads....

They always get my hopes up for things I'd love to see in the Sims, dagnabit! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Ugh. I was just in another thread talking about how the stacked plates item in Snowy Escape was clearly a hint to Paranormal Stuff, and I remember in Eco Living reading an item's description talking about 'a mountain of clothes', and 'an avalanche of socks', and I was sure the next EP would be snow and mountains, and lo and behold, it was Snowy Escape. I get they can neither confirm nor deny any particular hint, but I don't know why they keep lying to us that they don't do it.

Maybe just covering themselves legally. I think they're in a situation where they can only announce stuff so far in advance due to how the weirdness of investing and them being publicly traded works? I feel like that came up at some point. And I'm no lawyer, but I'd guess that if something could be construed as officially hinting, it could also be construed as an announcement and fall under whatever those rules are.

Also maybe a manipulation of the truth more so than a straight up lie. Maybe they put in stuff that they [wink][nod] know will be seen as hints by some players, but on paper, it's references to past packs and the like, whatever covers them as hints go. So technically, they aren't hints and yet, they know how to write them in such a way that they will be taken as hints by people who are looking for hints. Could be the kind of thing they're doing. Plausible deniability possibly (though in a very innocuous sense in this case).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • masatsimmasatsim Posts: 22 Member
    Yesterday I was playing and my sim was reading a book called "Crisis Barn" several times.

The description of that book is "When humble family man Ira Strauss left the big city to start a farm, he never expected to find a dead French diplomat face-down in the hay. Can Ira's uncanny nose for detail and way with livestock help catch the killer before the FBI tears his barn apart? First in the epic Ira Strauss mystery series!"

I know it's basegame and has always been there for ages, but there's a lot of France related hints already and it's interesting how that book refers to a french diplomat on a barn. Maybe it's hinting to a France EP or GP and to a Farm EP
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Ugh. I was just in another thread talking about how the stacked plates item in Snowy Escape was clearly a hint to Paranormal Stuff, and I remember in Eco Living reading an item's description talking about 'a mountain of clothes', and 'an avalanche of socks', and I was sure the next EP would be snow and mountains, and lo and behold, it was Snowy Escape. I get they can neither confirm nor deny any particular hint, but I don't know why they keep lying to us that they don't do it.

Maybe just covering themselves legally. I think they're in a situation where they can only announce stuff so far in advance due to how the weirdness of investing and them being publicly traded works? I feel like that came up at some point. And I'm no lawyer, but I'd guess that if something could be construed as officially hinting, it could also be construed as an announcement and fall under whatever those rules are.

Also maybe a manipulation of the truth more so than a straight up lie. Maybe they put in stuff that they [wink][nod] know will be seen as hints by some players, but on paper, it's references to past packs and the like, whatever covers them as hints go. So technically, they aren't hints and yet, they know how to write them in such a way that they will be taken as hints by people who are looking for hints. Could be the kind of thing they're doing. Plausible deniability possibly (though in a very innocuous sense in this case).

You put this perfectly 👏👏👏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

I don't know about all the legal stuff I guess. It just seems weird - I bought Assassin's Creed: Valhalla last November, and I knew the day I bought it that there was going to be an Ireland expansion down the line, and a French one. I don't understand why the Sims team can't even give us a slight tease for content that's coming in the next few months, like the next pack in line to be released, so we know what's coming, but eh. I'm not a video game developer. It does feel a bit like they're trying to get people hyped up with hints, but also acting like we're overreacting when we think something's a hint, which is frustrating. But that's the game we play with the Sims, I guess.
    masatsim wrote: »
    Yesterday I was playing and my sim was reading a book called "Crisis Barn" several times.

The description of that book is "When humble family man Ira Strauss left the big city to start a farm, he never expected to find a dead French diplomat face-down in the hay. Can Ira's uncanny nose for detail and way with livestock help catch the killer before the FBI tears his barn apart? First in the epic Ira Strauss mystery series!"

I know it's basegame and has always been there for ages, but there's a lot of France related hints already and it's interesting how that book refers to a french diplomat on a barn. Maybe it's hinting to a France EP or GP and to a Farm EP

After analysing the patch of brown for so long I don't know what's hint anymore, but this could be something. Before Batuu released, people (including me I think) noticed their Sims reading 'Orbital Pudding' a lot, which was a book about space right before a sci-fi pack. Who knows what the team slip into the code?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't know about all the legal stuff I guess. It just seems weird - I bought Assassin's Creed: Valhalla last November, and I knew the day I bought it that there was going to be an Ireland expansion down the line, and a French one. I don't understand why the Sims team can't even give us a slight tease for content that's coming in the next few months, like the next pack in line to be released, so we know what's coming, but eh. I'm not a video game developer. It does feel a bit like they're trying to get people hyped up with hints, but also acting like we're overreacting when we think something's a hint, which is frustrating. But that's the game we play with the Sims, I guess.
    Maybe the rules are different since Ubisoft is a european company? idk. But yeah, I get it can be frustrating.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

I don't know about all the legal stuff I guess. It just seems weird - I bought Assassin's Creed: Valhalla last November, and I knew the day I bought it that there was going to be an Ireland expansion down the line, and a French one. I don't understand why the Sims team can't even give us a slight tease for content that's coming in the next few months, like the next pack in line to be released, so we know what's coming, but eh. I'm not a video game developer. It does feel a bit like they're trying to get people hyped up with hints, but also acting like we're overreacting when we think something's a hint, which is frustrating. But that's the game we play with the Sims, I guess.[/quote]

Years and years ago, when you would buy a physical CD of the game, inside the box was always an advertisement of the next upcoming pack. I don't remember if there was an actual release date on it, but I don't think there was. But, it was always so awesome to just know what was coming in the future. I wish they would go back to that, but this is a totally different era of players, now because of social media there would be all kinds of heck raised if it wasn't what people wanted. Back in the day, we were just happy simmers who loved to play the game.

So, I've just moved my Sim into a haunted house and met Guidry. His traits are 'Romantic', 'Foodie' and 'Art Lover'. I think the next pack/expansion pack is going to be a romance pack set in France, with a sideline in expanded cooking (maybe favourites coming back, so you can cook your beau their favourite meal), and art museums. It would take a strong hint or leak to change my mind at this point.

I've been thinking about fairies too. I always associated fairies more with Ireland than Scotland, but looking it up Scotland do apparently have a strong history of fairy folklore too. So it's possible that Scotland could be a good setting for fairies. I wasn't sure what they could do to make it a complex life state, especially when we already have witches, but if they went the fae/Seelie court route, it could be very interesting.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @SappySifaka I’ve been thinking the exact same thing, but I never even checked out the third swatch in which those three items are colour highlighted against the black and whites. You may be onto something here!
    I’ve been staring at this Celtic inspired plate on the wall and the “castle on the moor” since the pack came out, wondering about what was strange...

Scotland and Bagpipe playing Werewolves in Love. Here’s to hoping a pack like that will become a reality soon!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I’ve been staring at this Celtic inspired plate on the wall and the “castle on the moor” since the pack came out, wondering about what was strange...

Scotland and Bagpipe playing Werewolves in Love. Here’s to hoping a pack like that will become a reality soon!

This is what i'm expecting for the next pack. If not the next one then at least fot this year...