Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help!! Unable to take the Lawyer's Exam

I have a Sim who is in the law career and on level 4. I had a hard time getting him to attend deposition via a computer, but it did work with his phone. Now the only task he has left is to take the exam, but he can't regardless it he's on a laptop or desktop. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?
~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Had no idea this was a thing. Reminds me I never fully explored the careers that came in University
  • melissaleone3melissaleone3 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm having the same problem! Would love to hear how others are able to do it.
  • CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm having the same problem! Would love to hear how others are able to do it.

I finally figured out my issue. In order to do the law exam my sim had to "leave" the house. I actually had the door locked for "Everyone but employees", so he couldn't go anywhere. Once I changed that he walked to the elevator and it was completed.

Are you able to see the option on the computer?
    Post edited by CeiCeiH on
  • melissaleone3melissaleone3 Posts: 9 New Member
    Wow. After I read that, I went and looked at my Sims tasks....it was already completed! I was going to the computer and selecting to take the exam - I was thinking my sim would actually sit at the computer to take the exam. Instead, my sim was walking outside of the house but it appeared she was doing nothing but standing there. I tried it several times from the computer and each time my sim would walk outside the house and stand there. I had just assumed it was a bug because it didn't appear anything was happening - no circle showing that she was taking an exam or anything. So...I never thought to check her tasks to see if it was completed since it didn't appear anything was happening. However, to my surprise, after readying what you wrote....it was completed already. :-) Very weird. Thanks so much! I momentarily lost my mind!
  • CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    I thought the same exact thing when my sim did it at first 🤣
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    It would be good if the sim disappeared while taking the exam, as they do when performing an activity outside like when volunteering, so players would understand their sims were taking the exam. The way it is now players think nothing is happening and it must be a bug...
  • wildriderwildrider Posts: 8 New Member
    Just did that myself, I tried 3-4 times at the computer sim would just walk out and come back, even had MCCC give me a "last exception error" for it. I figured it was bugged but after coming here and seeing what was said, yup its done. Wonder if they are supposed to go off lot but theres a bug in that so it completes and they just go back inside so not game breaking just not 100% as intended.