Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
I think Maxis will be announcing the next gamepack very soon. I'm hoping it will be next week.

What do I base my theory on?

Cause the February Patch is being released on a Thursday and Patches released on Thursday are generally Pre Stuffpack and Gamepack. Normal patches just release on Tuesday. I don't think they'd already be hyping the Feb 25th Patch if this wasn't a Pre Gamepack Patch. I don't think the 21st annivesary is big enough to hype this far out in advance and even if it was it would most likely come on Tuesday.

Now I'm hoping the Gamepack Announcement will be announced Next Week or the Week after. If it's next week I hope we get a Teaser on Monday but keep in mind sometimes Teasers come on Tuesday and Trailers release on Wednesdays.

Also some people are saying we just got a Stuffpack. True but they've released Stuffpacks and Gamepacks in the same month before.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    After looking at the calendar, I think you have a fair chance of being right. It seems too big to just be an anniversary, especially since it was set for the end of the month and not the actual anniversary.

It seems more like a prepack update. What pack, though... I am unsure. I was in the gamepack camp until the anniversary stuff. If I remember correctly, the largest updates tend to come with expansions. I will not commit myself to it by any means, but until I have a reason to believe otherwise an expansion is not impossible. Though it is just as possible that it is a standalone update.

I feel fairly conservative about that announcement timeframe, though. I suspect they plan to sit on it for a while after the teasing.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »
    After looking at the calendar, I think you have a fair chance of being right. It seems too big to just be an anniversary, especially since it was set for the end of the month and not the actual anniversary.

It seems more like a prepack update. What pack, though... I am unsure. I was in the gamepack camp until the anniversary stuff. If I remember correctly, the largest updates tend to come with expansions. I will not commit myself to it by any means, but until I have a reason to believe otherwise an expansion is not impossible. Though it is just as possible that it is a standalone update.

I feel fairly conservative about that announcement timeframe, though. I suspect they plan to sit on it for a while after the teasing.

The trailer will come the day after the teaser and the expansion will come out in June like it normally does. This will be a gamepack.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Good deduction skills!! I hope you are right about it and that it also turns to be a game pack. I have been trying to guess its theme.
  • MoonWariorAutumMoonWariorAutum Posts: 22 Member
    I hope it's an improvement to romantic interactions. I miss how loving sims couples were in Sims 2. It would be fitting for February.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I feel like you are right. I was thinking that a game pack would be coming next month it doesn't seem that close since paranormal came out in January??

And im pretty sure it's normal to get a game pack this early and then expansion in the summer
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited February 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »

The trailer will come the day after the teaser and the expansion will come out in June like it normally does. This will be a gamepack.

I meant teasing as in the surprise is later this month. Not a teaser trailer. Sorry for being unclear.
    I'm hoping the Gamepack is a Romantic Getaway GP or a Resorts and Hotels GP.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I feel like you are right. I was thinking that a game pack would be coming next month it doesn't seem that close since paranormal came out in January??

And im pretty sure it's normal to get a game pack this early and then expansion in the summer

Eh, Moschino came out in August and Realm of Magic in September so it's not too out of the ordinary in terms of being close together.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2021
    Let's say it's a Dragon-related Game Pack. That alone can give us the date.

February Dragon is a novel by Colin Thiele, and was published on September 1st, 1965. September (9) + 1st (1) = 10. February 10th. Now, that's on a Wednesday. We normally get hints about packs on Mondays, then reveals on Tuesdays. But I'm pretty sure we've had reveals on Wednesdays, too. Regardless, February 10th is suspiciously close to when a pack would normally be revealed.

On an unrelated note, the author's full name has 11 letters. February 11th is my birthday. EA would know about my birthday because it's attached to my all my EA-related accounts. So they could very well be surprising me with a dragon pack for my birthday.

EDIT: The book came out in 1965. 1 + 9 + 6 + 5= 21. As in, the 21st anniversary of the Sims. The anniversary was on the 4th, but we're getting the patch 21 days later, on the 25th. It all comes together.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Did we ever get a pack in February though?
    We also need minimum 2 weeks notice of gamepack announcement that means it needs to be announced this week..

If they announced it next week on Tuesday it'll be 16th Feb which is around 10 days prior gamepack announcement which is too short for a gamepack, unless they're following unusual patterns..
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    We also need minimum 2 weeks notice of gamepack announcement that means it needs to be announced this week..

If they announced it next week on Tuesday it'll be 16th Feb which is around 10 days prior gamepack announcement which is too short for a gamepack, unless they're following unusual patterns..

Jungle Adventure and Strangerville were both released at the end of February, with a thursday pre-pack patch.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think it will be related to werewolves. The full moon also influences crops and romance, so i think a bit of farming and romance is being included too.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    What happened to 6 month roadmaps? I feel like they say they will be more transparent and open, do something once then it's just forgotten about.

I wasn't expecting any more DLC for another couple of months to be honest, so it will be a pleasant surprise if we receive a Game Pack this month.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Jungle Adventure and Strangerville were both released at the end of February, with a thursday pre-pack patch.

Vampires as well.^^
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

The patch dropping on Feb 25 (Thursday) means the pack won’t be released until March 2 (Tuesday). And they only gave us one week notice when they released StrangerVille, so they could announce this pack as late as Feb 23.

If a game pack is coming I definitely think they have to release it in this fiscal year (so by March 31). It’s very unlikely they’d release a GP between April to June as that’s when they’d release a new EP. They simply don’t release both a GP and an EP in the same quarter.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member

Vampires as well.^^

Vampires was January 2017. But its all in the same quarter (Jan-March) in EA's calendar.

• ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    2021-Pack-Speculation-Page-3-1.png
    I like to believe in this. He was right with the first
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    This tuesday.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I really doubt another pack would come so soon, it's only been two weeks since Paranormal released and they haven't hinted at any upcoming packs at all. I assume they just didn't finish the anniversary update in time which is why the patch is late. Plus if there is a pack, why would they tease a pre-pack patch instead of teasing the actual pack?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member

Onverser wrote: »
    I really doubt another pack would come so soon, it's only been two weeks since Paranormal released and they haven't hinted at any upcoming packs at all. I assume they just didn't finish the anniversary update in time which is why the patch is late. Plus if there is a pack, why would they tease a pre-pack patch instead of teasing the actual pack?
    Maybe the pack is Journey to Endor and they want to keep it as quiet as possible
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Maybe the pack is Journey to Endor and they want to keep it as quiet as possible

Haha, I would actually love that :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member

There have been tight gaps like this in the past. Laundry Day Stuff, Jungle Adventure and My First Pet stuff were all released within 3 months. And in 2019 Realm of Magic got announced like a week after Moschino Stuff came out.

Who knows.

Holiday wrote: »
    What happened to 6 month roadmaps? I feel like they say they will be more transparent and open, do something once then it's just forgotten about.

I wasn't expecting any more DLC for another couple of months to be honest, so it will be a pleasant surprise if we receive a Game Pack this month.

We're way overdue for a Gamepack.
    simmietime wrote: »

There have been tight gaps like this in the past. Laundry Day Stuff, Jungle Adventure and My First Pet stuff were all released within 3 months. And in 2019 Realm of Magic got announced like a week after Moschino Stuff came out.

Who knows.

This.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    simmietime wrote: »

Who knows.

With a March 2nd release date, this pack would be released 5 weeks after Paranormal. There are 5 game packs with shorter release gaps than that.

Jungle Adventure (2 weeks from My First Pet)
    Dine Out (3 weeks from Kids Room)
    Parenthood (3 weeks from Fitness Stuff)
    Spa Day (4 weeks from Perfect Patio or Cool Kitchen)
    Realm of Magic (4 weeks from Moschino Stuff).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png