Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How's the Detective Career?

I've had Get To Work since the pack came out and I never played the Detective career. crazy, right? I've read posts on here in the past that it's buggy so I never tried it. Does it work well these days?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I have the occasional suspect not showing up but usually, I'll have no problems doing that career. It used to be a lot more buggy.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    I haven't really played it in a while actually good reminder

when i was playing it last time it was quite buggy tho but that might also be my own fault for trying to edit things and also i was playing with rather potato computer
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I've never had any problems with it being buggy. If you play it "straight" like the game wants you to, it's actually quite boring. But my detective is corrupt and crazy, and drinks on the job--that makes it fun
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    It's never been buggy in my game. There was only one problem a long time ago, but it got fixed. Recently it's been working fine.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I tried it once. It was rather buggy and frustrating. I have no idea if it improved since then.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I've had Get To Work since the pack came out and I never played the Detective career. crazy, right? I've read posts on here in the past that it's buggy so I never tried it. Does it work well these days?

Its one of my favorites but only works correctly if you don't use any cc at all. Because cc is most often not color binned correctly, the APB descriptions get all wacky. Without, I don't typically run into any major bugs.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    Sometimes a suspect will not show up for interrogation until after the day the suspect has been arrested, but otherwise, it's working just fine.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I find the detective career quite boring because the suspects are really easy to spot since they're usually the only sim that will immediately spawn on the lot.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    It's ok, can't say it's very exciting though. The tasks are pretty much exactly the same every day, I got bored of it after about a few sim weeks.

As for bugs there's a bug where in the "find suspect" event it'll list the suspects every day outfit, but they'll be wearing their hot/cold weather outfit instead so the description of who you're looking for is totally useless but other than that no issue.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited February 2021
    I’ve been playing Detective for the first time in the last week and it seems fine. There are some bugs when using the Booking Station, where a suspect will wander off and the animations will play as if they’re stood being searched by you. Nothing game-breaking.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2021
    OP, this is my experience because when I played that career I played it several times with several different Sims over several years. It's an interesting thing, especially if you don't spend all your time grinding and just doing the tasks you have to do. These were the bugs that existed after some patches back in 2017, and some still exist today. But I no longer play so you can look out for these things.

Let it be said when the pack was first introduced these bugs were not present.
    But once CL was added due to situational outfits the game put on Sims even your own there arose a lot of problems.

1. Sims at the jail may not spawn. These were non playable and were there for you to fill some tasks like frisk prisoners etc. They also started just walking off so that task (can't remember what it's called) or fingerprinting etc. could not be done etc. At the first of this pack the game counted these characters as Sims so they counted against the head count of how many for population count. Just like the game counted dummies in the stores as Sims. But they increased the population counts so they shouldn't be a problem anymore.

2. Due to CL Sims who were the actual suspect were no longer dressing in the clues that were given. This became a huge problem and game breaking since the player couldn't fill the task to arrest the right Sim. It was still present about a year ago since random situational outfits still happen I would assume.

3. There was a problem with going back to work only to find out employees were ghosts and or replaced by ghosts (GT) pack

4. There was a problem about the chief remaining the chief so it was a problem to get the promotion, I don't know if they ever fixed it.

5. Lots where you went to get/ find the clues did not clean up (reset) after they had spots and other stuff left on them. You could see this stuff from the distances etc.

If you can't book the suspect I would call that game breaking. These things happened several times after the packs of CL, GT, Seasons and many others. The detective career became one of the most buggy things about TS4. I know I spent three years begging for fixes. Whether it's actually fixed or not will have to be proved to me. Note these were not all the bugs after they started adding more packs and patches.

But it was interesting and you had lots of time to play other things while at work. Hope they fixed it for those who gave them a zillion chances and seven years to fix it after they kept breaking it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Something I thought of only after my detective retired... if you have suspects on the lot who match the description but are wearing hot or cold or situational outfits, introduce yourself and try using the "Ask to see outfit" social to make them change into everyday.
    The workaround I found at the time was to keep track of which sims fit everything except the outfit clues, go back to the station without making an arrest, and put out another APB. If only one of those sims showed up on the second lot also, that was my suspect.
    That was the only bug I had but I last played it in early 2019.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    I don't think I enjoyed the detective in the Sims 4 and didn't finish it. The scientist career was good though.

I liked the detective career in the Sims 3! I played in 'roaring heights' Great Gatsby 1940s world, where I had a 1940s fixer upper that I fixed up and played the detective it was awesome. I think it works with an open world as you drive to different locations looking for clues in story missions.

025865171b2e01f5baa92ea462959031.jpg
    intro.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    That is one career I have not played just for the simple fact that it was reported as being buggy. Beside, I was having a great time playing the scientist career. The doctor career was fun to play with coolspears mods but now, not so much. Buggy mess.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    First time I played it I had no issues and actually enjoyed it. I even interrogated the wrong suspect a couple of times, I didn't feel like it was overly obvious. Repetitive, sure, but well, I sort of had a story and used my imagination to keep it interesting. Second and third times I tried playing it yeah, I had a few bugs. Haven't really played it since. I'm not sure how it's doing these days.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I don't think the Detective Career is that bad. I haven't played it all the way through yet but I do enjoy it. It is still a little buggy. Like sometimes its hard to catch the bad guy because you don't really see an exact description of them in said neighborhood. Or like the last time I played it, for some reason one of the other police workers were putting the police people in jail instead of the criminals but they were still able to go home at the end of the day and once she returned back to work the next day everything was fixed. It's annoying but I still try to just ignore it and just go with it.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg