Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Nikkei_Simmer Heh, did I read that hockey joke at the end already or do I just imagine it? Anyway, nice twist to end that part.

@ZhakiraP Awesome. I love your sims and how you dress and pose them :smile: They are all so unique.
    I remember some of those pics. Also that Dante accidentally ("accidentally"?) drained Alice (good riddance, err, I meant RIP).
    That bitter look you got on Bianca's face :lol: .
    A band is something Moonlight Falls needs.
    Janet is dead? I probably shouldn't say anything, given I accidentally killed half that town.
    A different take on the characters you know so well is always great to see. Gorgeous pics, all of them :smile:

@bekkasan I counted 18 gnomes in that pic, which is a lot, yes :smile:
    Thanks, glad you liked the pics.
    Heh, I remember that cabin on stilts you show in your pics.
    Good idea to recycle a coaster. I never tried to build one. Looks like it will turn out to be a great lot :smile: .

@DivaDoodle Thank you for the lovely comments.
    Ah, now I know the background of that "little dude" comment :smile: Thanks for sharing.
    Spiros hair on Scott? That's an idea, but he's a snob. He has to keep up some decorum :lol: .
    Just to ease your fears, I think SP seems really eager to solve the Scott and Sonia situation on its own.
    F2riAA0.jpg
    Geez, it hasn't even been a day since he aged up. SP also already tried a somewhat botched attempt at a bachelor party for him.
    JsyntRQ.jpg
    I think SP can even marry him off, but he is forbidden to get moved out, so I will have to do that on my own.
    Just a heads-up though: There are only very few things left I intend to do in Lunar Lakes this round, and I will wrap it up soon, not forever, but for quite some time. See, Rowan has 25 siblings, mostly elsewhere, and some of those need some attention, too. :wink:
    Ah, a time loop story. Now it makes sense. Does Quigley have any other interests than Fern? They are a cute couple though :smile:

@Silverofdreams30 Yeah, I have yet to try any of those sliders, and I guess I won't. I try to keep it to a minimum in that regard.

@Tamijo Supertramp! Haven't heard them in quite a while.
    Good you found a solution for your repair autonomy. Hmm, the butler's 200 seem to do the job, but then again, he doesn't try anything else than look after the house.
    Nice community development :smile:
    Sometimes SP surprises me. It didn't only break up the engagement of Kirstoffer Sekemoto to Yusun Ikida, it actually went all the way to marry him off to the girl he was smooching during their university stay, Judith Lucas.
    zKgseDF.jpg
    It then went ahead and moved him into that crazy household. Kristoffer now lives with his wife Judith, his sister-in-law Betty, his mother-in-law Doris Lucas, his mother-in-law's husband Franco and, last not least, his mother-in-law's ex-lover who happens to be his father-in-law, Martin January (Martin still changes his girlfriends on a daily basis, even as an elder). And that isn't even a big house.

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I gotta learn not to read a certain blog all I get is upset from it 🤪
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited February 2021
    Comments

@DivaDoodle:
    Replies at your site
    Previously you asked if I could find a mod to auto repair. It is in my spoiler (resent update), this can fix almost any behavior you like to Push or Reduce in you game, please just ask and I will try to find the right setup (You will need nraas retuner mod)

@Turjan:
    What kind of community is this mountain village exactly?
    This is how the story starts:
    About 600 years ago the earth was haunted by a long series of global pandemics. The overpopulated home of humanity, fighting to create new vaccines to keep the death toll down. While also seeing the water raise due to global warming.
    A group of survivors moved into the mountains, in a fortified village they fended of the attacks from the gangs of homeless hordes attempting to steal their belongings, and as time passes the attacks was rare, the gangs either died out, or moved to other locations.
    The first to leave the relative security of the mountain village was Greg Preston. A few days after his young wife left him for the village blacksmith. One spring day he had packed down all his belongings put them in a heavy wagon, and headed down towards the river where no one from the village had been, for several generations.
    Still have problems with the napping, but got it reduced some.

the butler's 200
    yes normal values are 0 – about 500, so 9000 is clearly overkill and not something you should chose in a normal setting. In my case it is always priority 1 to fix stuff, so can’t get too high, as I said they are very restraint doing some repairs as they “see” no benefits from it.

LOL that text under the picture, SP set up some weird family relations and they often chose to live in the same house, by the way a fantastic picture. I like those futuristic ones. Someday I have to play that, a total contrast to what I’m doing right now.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Great update.
    Back to do the more “normal” every day stuff, that life is full of.
    Looking forward to see River after growing up. (cutting in right there :o )
    Strangely blue some pictures, was that the lightning in the room?
    Nice that river chose painting, my favourite career choice

@ZhakiraP beautiful pictures. Quite nice that you make them (the pictures) tall rather what wide.

@bekkasan
    Really like the idea of those houses build on pillows, something cozy about that. In this case might need interior cleaning if they expect tourists to rent.

@GraceyManor
    Love Ryan thinking about the attack, maybe needed but nothing to brag about.
    Oh always love dogs, RL and sim, so cute.

A picture from back when Charles was almost starving to death

3BBmube.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    @Tamijo hr wasn’t bragging he was feeling guilty.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    I have been playing a Bridgeport save and this
    screenshot I really liked.

30ThGJE.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited February 2021
    Played in Hidden Springs

Mamillian stayed late at work, and Lucy is expecting. I'm not sure what the baby will be but I'm hoping I have a Witch (I've got two names in mind depending if it's a boy or girl)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
    Still no pictures (I need to make some more posts :) )
    The Davies family spent their Sunday gardening, and setting fire to various household appliances.
    Poor teen Poppy was so distracted by her electrocuted father (after a bodged attempt to mend the tv), that she actually set fire to the stove whilst the firewoman was already there.
    Tamara (the fire fighter) obviously decided that this family were not safe to be left alone, so she spent the rest of the day parked in the corner of the small trailer lounge, trying to keep herself awake and alert in case another incident occurred.
    @Tamijo hr wasn’t bragging he was feeling guilty.

I know, that why i said I liked his thinking.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited February 2021
    Introducing the Holm-Fredriksen family into my storyline.

Chapter 3.1 - The Holm-Fredriksen Family

Holm-Fredriksen Family Tree at the Plum Tree App (This link should work).

I have given the parents of this family names according to the roles I wanted to assign to them. Fengselsdirektør translates to prison warden, and Psykiater translates to psychiatric. When I first made them they first moved into town, they were only supposed to be secondary characters to the story.

Map of New Town Area inside:
    50917591583_2a78317f3a_z.jpg
    Map of the New Town area, its buildings and residents. There is a lot going on in this map, and I will probably show it several times. For now, I want you to take note of the Holm-Fredriksen family home (relevant for this chapter) and you may also notice the home of Mohamed Khaled and Deng Osman from chapter two, as well as the hospital in the bottom right.

I'm also going to backtrack a little in time, as this chapter begins at the same time as Deng and Mohamed's departure from the hospital.

50917577628_633d3e55b9_b.jpg

The Holm-Fredriksen family lives in their funkis styled home in The New Town area. Fengselsdirektør Holm-Fredriksen is a leader of the free world at the top of the political career, as well as running Sunset Valley Maximum Security Prison.

50917577608_16fe6cfbff_b.jpg

Psykiater Holm-Fredriksen is employed at the Sacreed Spleen Hospital. She is also administering psychiatric therapy at the doctors office and The Little Black Marys Hill mental hospital, a duty which she shares with Terapeut (transl: Therapist) Hågensen.

50918266511_1a782c5c1f_b.jpg
    Fengselsdirektør Holm-Fredriksen is a workaholic, and often works from home on his computer in his little home-office space on the third floor.
    50917577633_f2f0150e14_b.jpg

Fengselsdirektør Holm-Fredriksen woke up early this first summer morning, and so did his daughter, Margrethe Holm-Fredriksen. Margrethe pondered about the stars while Fengselsdirektør told her a story about his younger days when he tried acting in a local amateur theatre group. He was not the kind to care about frivolous pursuits like acting, but he had fallen in love with one of the actressess.. Long story short, in spite of his charisma acting wasn't really his strong suit, but sometimes when retelling a story, certain "details" can be altered...

50917577493_3b53170824_b.jpg

As they they got up so early Margrethe had plenty of time to play in her room before school. She's got a pretty decent view, actually.

50917577523_a2a63fa0f9_b.jpg

After school she went home and ate dinner with mom as usual.

Margrethe: You know, dad can be a little boring sometimes. He only talks about work and politics... or those old lame stories he keeps repeating all the time.

Psykiater: Did he tell you that old theatre story again?

Margrethe: Yes, he did.. boasting about how he got the main role, of course.

Psykiater: Well, I heard that he was never considered for anything other then playing the part of the plum tree...

Margrethe: I can imagine...

What can I say? It doesn't matter how charismatic you are, it does not impress your immediate family.
    The girls could have their chat, because Fengselsdirektør was not home. He had been invited over to Egil and Frida Kråkesens house.

50918397897_5576bc2a5c_b.jpg
    Picture: The Kråkesen house.

Though he greatly lacks acting skills, Fengselsdirektør is a very social and charismatic person, atleast outside the home, which has greatly helped his politcal career. And Egil Kråkesen has made a lot of money in business and by owning properties in town, and as a politician it is a good idea to keep a good relationship with those that have both money and land.

50918266426_199c173f31_b.jpg
    Picture: Fengselsdirektør discussing politics with Frida Kråkesen. Egil watching tv in the back.

The next morning in the Holm-Fredriksen house went on as it usually does...

50918397842_35b898908d_b.jpg

Fengselsdirektør: Did I tell you a story about that sandwich I ate?

50918397797_fe23ccfdd2_b.jpg

Margrethe: Really, dad?

50918397787_34dcc55870_b.jpg
    Later it was time for Summer Festival Day, and Psykiater wanted to hang out with Ingmar Motorsen at the festival grounds, but he stood her up as "he had some other important business to do." So she participated in an eating contest instead, where she came third place. Tamara Donner was the winner.

50918266321_dd263cd69d_b.jpg

At the same time Fengselsdirektør met up with Ranveig Motorsen, his ex-girlfriend and mother of his son, Oliver Freddy Motorsen. They had a nice talk about cartoons and gaming machines, before things turned a little sour when he began talking politics...
    The reason for Oliver Freddys double name is because he is partly named after his father. That's the 'Freddy' part of his name.

50918266306_c8bb61f600_b.jpg

And she was reminded just how boring she ended up thinking his near constant talk about politics could be, and how much she had ended up wanting to get away from that. Oh, that roller skating rink looks very tempting right now...

50918397672_6c36cece0a_b.jpg

The relationship between Fengselsdirektør and Ranveig didn't last very long, and by the time Ranveig knew she was pregnant with Oliver Freddy it had already ended.

After he and Ranveig split up, he found love again when Psykiater Holmesen moved into town. He had to spend some time wooing her, but by summer 2007 they were happily married. One year later, during summer of 2008 their first child, Margrethe, was born.

50918266246_9858e0ddf5_b.jpg
    Psykiater Holm-Fredriksen loves her man, and their attraction to each other has not waned. She still greets him with a surprise kiss after she comes home from work. Or maybe she is jealous about him talking to Ranveig, but there is no need to be jealous there. That relationship, romantically speaking anyway, is long gone.

50917577268_decaf171d8_b.jpg

She loves him so much, she would never grow tired of his political discussions.

50918397537_9273572cec_b.jpg
    In fact, it seems to turn her on, or maybe its just that he knows what he's doing between the sheets, because umm..
    50918266096_b5d4936b91_b.jpg
    ... no comment. Next time show a little restraint and use the bathroom before getting it on, thank you very much.

Everytime I play this family I keep hoping they will want a baby, so that they can have two children, but I guess they are happy with just the one. I will not force my sims to have babies if they don't want to, so its just standard safe woohoo for them.

Well, hopefully this explains a little bit who the Holm-Fredriksen family is and their everyday life. Coming up in the next sub-chapter is Margrethes birthday.

*edit: Fixed family tree link.
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    edited February 2021
    Hmm, not overly busy this weekend.
    As Rowan and Spiros were busy with the usual...
    mLPOL5q.jpg
    ... I had Rowan try his hand at some of the special gardening opportunities. The first one failed. I got finally fed up and just added the first one again via DebugEnabler. This time it worked, and I even got to the second one, which also finished okay. I never ever managed the last one though.

Barney still had a genie lamp. I'm not sure where he got it from He may have nicked it from his uncle's house, who has that many unused reward points that he decorates their house with genie lamps. Barney's lamp had already reset once (no idea why), so he had got already 4 wishes out of it, and I had him spend the final wish on freeing the genie.
    kQNrLPm.jpg
    I assume this means a success...
    AZZ5Fqw.jpg
    I edited the genie into some Levantine type, which looked interesting to me, although the hairdo makes her look older than she is.
    enVt4D4.jpg
    Skilling through eating. I guess that's fair game if you have no skills at all as an adult.
    dCGw4oo.jpg
    She got along splendidly with Spiros, and they made it to Best Friends in no time with zero interaction from me.
    GZSxyy4.jpg
    I see lots of "berate ignorance" interactions in the future, even without crystal ball.
    ucCt5NH.jpg

Suddenly I saw that dreaded child support message. Even though I have stunted the system considerably, Scott must have made a really unlucky roll. In his case, it makes zero sense, anyway, given he's already engaged to Sonia, she earns very well and he hasn't had any income at all so far.
    kSbP4zF.jpg
    Anyway, I switched to the Langeraks, and I tried a few things with Sonia to get Scott out of jail. Then I just went ahead and had them marry on the spot.
    e7yrrBv.jpg
    ebwkMpw.jpg
    AKjVtPW.jpg
    KXH6rQW.jpg
    sUkgBLz.jpg
    VmvX1qa.jpg
    qX1aOGM.jpg
    PhkxbgB.jpg
    That's their daughter Deanna, btw
    pXsjXLs.jpg
    All is well now.
    PmxddAv.jpg

Next on the list was their move to their own home, given I first had them move to Hesper and Lucas' place.
    XIci3Wn.jpg
    Deanna immediately found the toy box.
    qjDuR2v.jpg
    And I made her dad a painter for the time being (SP had stuffed him into the business career, which probably triggered the child support episode).
    2QOYI29.jpg
    Looks like everything is set with this family now.
    As a farewell, here's a pic of their home.
    wkF1oYU.jpg
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

104 The Watcher Watches: Danny & Belinda <3 Love & Desire <3

As the house sleeps, I see that the date had gone very well for Victor and Oakley! He has the Great Date moodlet. And wishes to kiss and makeout with Oakley. Too bad we arrived too late and she had already gone home, or to work, at the criminal hideout.

Bébé and Beau awaken. 'I'm Hungry' says Beau
    "Here, Try this Beau" and Bébé hands her brother a mysterious drink!
    Beau gets a moodlet 'prank backfire!"

What was that?! it is new to Watcher and I had not seen it before, so forgot to take pics!

I decide Bébé should drink one herself! :D For science!
    0w2HETM.jpg
    G1BHpdH.jpg
    2mrUiZJ.jpg
    Ah, not so tasty, is it Bébé?

I hear Danny's cute laugh from upstairs, he has the best laugh!
    8zrDoLS.jpg
    k1i89F7.jpg
    The 'get frisky' is so cute!

They choose the hot tub while Quigley contemplates the stereo like a pro!
    lBVLsEO.jpg
    yxhIK0b.jpg

F6Goacn.jpg
    PyFQ843.jpg
    UKemAB6.jpg
    <3 Danny & Belinda <3

Victor is well aware of all the kissing and lovin going on in the house this morning.
    Victor tells me "Watcher! I have no luck calling Oakley to come over! I want kisses in the morning! Everyone else gets kisses in the morning, so it's not fair!"
    hmm I need to get her a different job, the game put her in the criminal career so she is probably still sleeping.
    Victor does the next best thing.
    9btN3wO.jpg

At the fire station, I want to see how things have progressed for Ethereal, so Ayden is invited over, and for good measure, Branch Timbley, and Frank as well, so she can have a choice! I do really like her and want her to have someone.

Ayden arrives and the first thing he does is Bite her! :o but no ordinary bite, he bites like a lover!
    F251rB7.jpg
    LhonZfd.jpg
    8tA4eO1.jpg
    QC460Hv.jpg

If her face sticks like that, you're in Big Trouble Ayden! I don't like the look of llama teeth on her!
    lmrYENX.jpg
    ew
    vALBddU.jpg
    ack!
    3ZG3U3W.jpg

Then they jump in the fairy house to woohoo!

Victor tries to ignore all the goings on by exercising! He is still miffed that he is the 'only one' who doesn't get love in the morning!
    I crank up his treadmill to Quick Burst! Maybe it will help! :D
    3QX5zzk.jpg

For a minute there she pauses before following Ayden in the fairy house.
    ''Are you Sure I can't have Victor, Watcher?''
    XEvJguv.jpg

No he doesn't love you, he just likes you. Not fair to either of you.
    ''But we never woohooed.'' Ethereal laments.
    You both had your chance and never took it.

She jumps out of woohooing, when Victor gets promoted to Fireman to wave to him.
    0GREJ8r.jpg

Here is Victor's new uniform. He likes it!
    4ce7HA6.jpg

I can't find my pic where Ethereal came over to talk to Victor with a thought bubble of a wedding couple!
    But Victor changed the subject to gardening as his response.

Ethereal goes to play foosball upstairs and Victor dances, Ayden watches TV.

Either Victor or Ethereal make an action to woohoo, :o I pause the game and think about it a long time.
    1) I know Ethereal still wants Victor even though they are just friends, and Ayden is her RI.
    2) I know Victor is mad that he is the 'only one' who didn't get lovin today. and may not be thinking with his actual brain :D and well, the opportunity is here.
    3) I can't figure out who is instigating it.

You know the song 'Love the one you're with" well in this town, I think the simlish translation is "love the one who's on the same lot!"

I decide Oakley needs to be here! for everyone to make a decision, all 4 RI need to be present.
    Until Oakley arrives this woohoo action happens 4 times! like spamming me! LOL I keep clicking it off, they aren't even near one another! and Victor has no wish to woohoo with her.

OH perhaps they both think Watcher will let them be a playboy/playgirl like Ayden?
    whichever, whomever, Watcher says Wait till Oakley arrives!

Oakley arrives, I watch to see what happens. Victor makes an immediate bee line to her.

"Hi Beautiful, I've been trying to get ahold of you since early this morning."
    jjxwF1i.jpg
    vI7XO4C.jpg

"My love for you Oakley is even stronger than my fireman muscles!"
    x8KXB0b.jpg
    "Oh that is quite a lot then" says Oakley

"I love you too, Victor"
    X9gtSfR.jpg

"Since we love each other will you have me as your steady boyfriend?" asks Victor
    gJCTXC6.jpg
    Of course Oakley agrees.
    RDqBGGT.jpg

lihq8h7.jpg

QHIFHnB.jpg

Victor is making all these love wishes for Oakley one after the other. He auto fulfills the wishes too, some before they get locked in!
    "Try to keep up Watcher!" ;)
    ulIsiLf.jpg

Oakley seems happy!
    EOpR7ON.jpg

and Victor is very happy!
    PLJCuqh.jpg

"Victor look, our love made us be on a date!" says Oakley
    'wow my sweet young gf 'bout wore me out' Victor thinks :D
    4TpFQJM.jpg

and when Oakley thinks about babies with Victor
    CxYhElJ.jpg

'ohhh, I better go look for a diamond to give her.'
    Yc1KgYA.jpg
    nice!

"You should get a job here hon, we could have so much fun and
    there are hardly ever Any fires!" says Victor.
    d9pUWAM.jpg
    "Yes I noticed that!"

They then decide to slow dance, but oh no!
    'Whoever heard of a fairy that can't dance well?' thinks Victor shocked.
    GwAgvWl.jpg
    xDGI9oc.jpg
    P89T1HO.jpg

"Don't worry my sweetie, it just takes a bit of practice" reassures Victor
    naj8sbt.jpg

H1fIElK.jpg

They keep practicing dancing all afternoon, until Oakley gets the hang of it and they develop their own natural rhythm.
    tMBA5Yf.jpg
    I love them together!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited February 2021
    Busily working on the next section of Chapter 8. :D
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    Hmmm...the burning question of whether they wait...until marriage or... um. well... :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-58.jpg
    "Will you two behave; you're traumatizing the kids!"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you, I think so too, I love how sweet they are! I really love teenagers and their young love, I think it might be my very favorite! Their emotions are so intense!
    Beautiful pic of Bridgeport!

@GraceyManor love your story and I am so crazy about Sissy! <3

@ZhakiraP love your update and All your sims! They look so beautiful!

@Kkffoo I went on your page and awesomed all the posts you have made so far, because I want to see your Pics! I love people's pics! :) welcome t o the thread!

@Sprottenham Wow that is a big house! more comments to be made at your place, I like to read over there! :)

@Turjan Gosh you just get the Best pictures! Get him out of that time machine LOL before it vacuums him back in! :D

Oh good freeing a Genie! I always love seeing stuff from EP's I don't have! Oh she looks very interesting!

Love the marrying pics of Scott and Sonia! so romantic! and their toddler is darling! I'm so glad All is well now! :)

Love your update!

@Nikkei_Simmer beautiful pics!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hello my friends. :)

It's been a joy reading all of your recent posts and I've given out Awesomes. :star:

I got a little bit of writing done last night - writing the next scene in Chapter 12 - and today I've been in game taking some more pictures for the rest of the scenes. I'm getting excited to share. :mrgreen:

As I was setting things up I took a few random pictures (Outtakes) that I thought I would post on here for fun. :blush:

I was editing the Festival lot to my liking and threw down the Hot Air Balloon. :mrgreen: I also wanted to try out the new mod for it that makes it rise higher into the air and for that, I used Sebastian and Abigail as my test subjects. :)

Stardew-randoms-1.jpg

It can be a little difficult maneuvering the camera to get some decent shots of the sims within it, but I quickly figured it out. Don't they look adorable? <3 I wonder what they are toasting to.

Stardew-randoms-2.jpg

The view of the Appaloosa countryside from the hot air balloon in the middle of the night is breathtaking. :love:

Stardew-randoms-3.jpg

(You'll see in these next couple of pictures of them beside the hot air balloon that it's daytime. That's because I kept them in the balloon as I fast forwarded into the day to get Fall to show up quicker. :lol: We'll just say they spent the night in the hot air balloon. :smirk: Keep in mind these events are not happening in the story. ;) )

I maxed out Abigail's spellcasting and wanted to check out all the spells she could cast. I think she looks like a badarse witch in this picture. :mrgreen::star:

Stardew-randoms-4.jpg

I wanted to see what would happen if she cast Fire again. :smirk: Naturally Seb freaked out when the flames started climbing. :lol:

Stardew-randoms-5.jpg

Not to worry, I just had Abby cast ice onto it and it was gone. :star: I was like, "Sweet!"

Today when I went into my game I realized that a random Windows 10 update reset ALL my game settings back to the defaults again... :rage: So I had to fix all that and then restart the game. When I got into my save, I forgot I had to fix the SAVE options as well so I'm all trying to take pictures and the sims in the background are doing whatever they please. (I usually turn Free Will off and make needs static when I'm photoshooting so my sims don't do anything silly or suffer. ;) ).

So since I forgot about that, a few of the Stardew folks went to engage in some pillow fighting (surprise, surprise), including Sebastian and Maru. I thought it was so cute; them being siblings and all. :blush: The competitiveness! :lol:

Stardew-randoms-6.jpg

Stardew-randoms-7.jpg

Stardew-randoms-8.jpg

Horses showed up on the lot and look at this adorableness!!! <3<3

Stardew-randoms-9.jpg

Oh yes, scratch that back. Feels SOOOO good! :lol:

Stardew-randoms-10.jpg

I go on to photoshooting the next scene and I gotta tell ya folks, it's horribly difficult trying to get a bunch of sims to look at one or two sims all at once! :confounded: There's always at least one of them that wants to look away while carrying a derp face! :joy: This was Sebastian's face like legit the ENTIRE time I was trying to shoot the scene. (So if you don't see his face in most of the pictures of the upcoming scene, that's why. :lol: )

Stardew-randoms-11.jpg

I dunno what's got him so happy and in "la la land," but...maybe it's because he and Abby made woohoo in the hot air balloon? :smirk:

:lol:

Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed this episode of emorrill's random gameplay. :blush: Have fun simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Episode 14 – Dear Mother

It's just a case of choosing my priorities, Stages
    It's just the art of changing our perception
    But when I see that girl it messes my security
    So please don't leave me alone with her

The song is meant to explain why John just walk away from Myra, although we must expect him to have feelings for her, she also makes him feel insecure, after all he is just 16 and she belongs to a much higher social level in the mountain village.
    Music:
    Greg Preston’s Notes for next Ent Council meeting, written 31th of August 2725

Our settlement has rapidly developed into a fishing community, everyone except Charles and Jenny are now fishing at lot. My only important worries are the Vaughan’s economy, they do not seem to have a plan that can get then through the winter, their cash reserves are dropping fast.

TUTMUk0.jpg

From Myra Frances letter to her mother, written 8th of September 2725
    Dear Mother.
    I am writing to you here from our humble home by the river, on an old typewriter we have got.
    Sorry for not writing earlier, You have probably heard we had settlers in your village back in May, but I have been very busy and it was a little hard for me to find by place in the group back then.
    Now everything is much better, I have become good friends with my fellow student Elea Helsby lately. I am also very good friends with our Elder Jenny Richards, a very special woman who have lived an interesting life, alone in the wilderness for 7 years.

kDLO7f8.jpg

I know you will laugh about this and think I am young and stupid, but I have to share my feelings with you.
    I have fallen in love with one of the students, a wonderful and beautiful boy called John Hallett, we talk a lot and has spent many hours together. I am very much in love with him, but I am not sure the feeling is mutual. I have tried to flirt a little last night, but he said he had to go fishing.

HnCtbON.jpg

From Greg Preston’s Report to St. John’s Educational Foundation September 2725 AD
    I am generally quite satisfied with our four students, both their work effort and their socially behaviour has improved over the latest month. Everyone taking part in important daily routines, cleaning, cooking, feeding the animals, harvesting egg’s and fishing. At the same time, they are developing tight bonds and none of them are arguing a lot or being condescending towards each other.

kvprdIA.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 10th of September 2725 AD
    I left the settlement yesterday morning, now traveling to the mountain village, to attend the last Council meeting before the winter comes. Before I left, I was collecting gemstones and fur to sell in “Ent”. Finding some valuable rocks with diamond and gold inside.
    Now I am at the end of the lowland about to enter the mountain area. I will camp here for the night.

T6EzY1N.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 20th of September 2725 AD
    I like fall, more people are inside and I can visit at their homes with being too much outside.
    I visited Michiko a few times and we have become much closer now. I also like Charles a lot, but he is a bit weird. He plays air-guitar! When I say, come over at try a real guitar, he just smiles.

5JOQFhh.jpg

Editorial:
    Economy after this episode:
    Greg Preston household: Cash 7.444 – Net Worth 28.010
    Jenny Richards household: Cash 8.342 – Net Worth 16.180
    Michiko Vaughan household: Cash 811 – Net Worth 7.508

The Vaughan typewriter broke down, although Charles is a high-level handyman, he has not yet attempted to fix it. Instead, he again bought a laptop. The impact on their cash/net worth is horrible if he keeps buying and selling such expensive items.

As I mentioned several episodes back, I would introduce some plants on community lots to try lure the settlers into gardening. Now have planted some on the “Elder Assembly lot”, so far no one reacted towards them.

The picture of Greg in the mountain was staged.

Comments
    @Sprottenham / @DivaDoodle
    Comments at your story pages.

@Silverofdreams30
    Lovely picture:
    Got the DLC but never got time to open Bridgeport, might be time to do it soon, must find a way to get it included in my “Janis” story.

@Kkffoo
    Well, why not just make some fast (but serious) comments to the stories you read here, and you are ready to post pictures in no time. I’m Sure we all will “Awesome” them all.

@Turjan
    Hard to comment on the “special gardening opportunities” and “genie lamp”, I have no idea what this is.
    Anyway she is good looking.
    Sonia and Scott look great together, with a cute toddler and a beautiful home all is set for a brilliant future for them.

@emorrill
    Great outtake pictures.

Don't they look adorable?
    Yes they do.

Great shot of Appaloosa country side, fun to see how it looked before I messed it up in my game.

Ohh God, when I first skimmed trough, I thought that horse was dying, so glad to read that it was scratching the back.

The air-guitar virus is spreading.

oY1aPsZ.jpg
    I'm not sure whether I will ever learn. I accidentally hit the "back" button on my mouse because I bumped against the keyboard, and gone was the already typed post...

@DivaDoodle Thank you :smile: . Glad you like the outcome.
    Ha, reminds me of when my father let me try his cigarette when I was very little - I never smoked :lol: . Even though my mom got furious the first moment she heard about it many years later :wink: .
    Hmm, reminds me that I never see the "get frisky" interaction. Great pics.
    Let's see whether you will get used to vampires drinking. Ethereal doesn't seem to mind :wink: .
    Ah, and Victor's torture comes to an end. Congrats on the promotion! Lovely update.

@emorrill Sometimes, just a bit of aimless playing helps with getting in the mood. At least for me :smile:
    Ah, the air balloon, also known as "The Great Disappointment!". Ahem. Lovely pics though :smile: . Do you have to edit those night pics or do you use settings that allow you to use them as is?
    Heh, that pillow fighting reminds me that I usually make the kids do something else with their IF's, like play tag. I've mostly seen Grim do it with bystanders. He seems to be into it in my game :lol: .
    Yes, that's pure joy in an expression. Great pics, as always :smile:

@Tamijo Thank you :smile: .
    Ah, young love. So much joy and so much pain. You managed to capture that with just a few sentences.
    Yes, those laptops can be a pain. They always tend to appear, like the tablets always disappear. It usually doesn't really matter in my games, but I can see that this must be infuriating for you.
    Other than that, it's great to see how your community is on a good path. Great update.
    Genies are the life-state that came with Showtime. I didn't find the pic I took of Barney with the lamp, so here's an old one from my Moonlight Falls game:
    vyHguMP.jpg
    You have three wishes, rarely four. You can use the last wish to free the genie, upon which (s)he will join your household. They can clean the house or sims in the blink of an eye, summon a group serving of any dish (except Ambrosia) and ensorcel random sims to do work in your house.
    Regarding the gardening opportunities, I meant the base game opportunity chain that starts at level 8 and lets you first plant eggs and cheese, then steak and burger patties, and finally omni plants that grow everything from fruit over fish to books and other things.
    Anyway, I enjoyed your update :smile:
    @Turjan
    Regarding the gardening opportunities, I meant the base game opportunity chain that starts at level 8 and lets you first plant eggs and cheese, then steak and burger patties, and finally omni plants that grow everything from fruit over fish to books and other things

LOL had no idea you could do that - I am still a total noob to all the stuff you can do.
    @Tamijo That opportunity chain is easy to miss if you get tired of all those "grow this and sell the stuff" opportunities. The one to look out for is named "Uncommonly Good", then "Outstandingly Rare", and finally "The Omnificent Plant". It's probably not suited for your current game though, as you need the restaurant rabbit hole or a similar one for those opportunities.
    Omni plants are quite funny. This is not my pic, but nicked from @starguru :smile:
    KGbears.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @DivaDoodle

Danny and Belinda are cute together, Danny is better than being
    Don haha. Aww, glad victor had an amazing date with Oakley.

@Turjan

you have eventful times in your saves haha
    in mine, I hardly ever have a fire lol.

@Tamijo

Thanks,
    Bridgeport is my favorite EA world.

@emorrill

Lovely shots, the air balloon ones are beautiful.

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much for the comment on the cabin. :smiley:
    That is a great shot of Bridgeport at night.

@DivaDoodle It is fun when it turns out you are thinking the same as me! :grin:
    I do wonder if your sims like to play you! I think they know you are gonna fix things for them.
    I don't know who is gonna move in that cabin but yeah the bathroom will get a renovation as I don't have any slob sims!
    I'm glad that Quigley finally had his talk with his Dad.
    Sure was entertaining and glad that it made Quigley happy.
    Do you have it set so your teens can marry? I only have it set that way in one save that I don't play often.
    Great that Victor and Oakley had a great date! Ok, why have you not fixed her so she doesn't work all the time. Nice 3hr job at the spa would work for such a fashionable sim as Oakley. :grin:
    Oh, I see you are contemplating a new job for her. :grin: okie dokie!
    Lol at Ayden and Ethereal. Great pics of the vampire bite!
    NO! Ethereal had her shot at him and he was not interested. What is up with her being so hot de trot this episode! I have a feeling she will be trouble no matter who you pair her up with. :open_mouth::#

@ZhakiraP hehe, whichever, he was a definite hottie! :love:
    Thanks! I forgot how much time it takes to make one with all the back and forth between the seasons and fixing things you accidentally break when moving stuff around. :grin:

@GraceyManor I don't think Ryan likes being leader of the free world much.
    The white house looks pretty good.
    He looks very handsome in his athletic clothes.

@Turjan Thanks. It is pretty cool cabin except the nasty bathroom. :grin:
    I've built a few but really like the tunnel of fire she built. Thanks!
    I've found that SP does a fair job of matching sims even when I forget to change settings to my liking at the start of a story. I usually remember to set things for snail and lifespan since I have such long ones I don't want everyone pairing up the first day. Perhaps Judith was really the love of his life and you just didn't know it. :smiley:
    That is an awesome picture of him trying to get out of the time machine!
    She is a beautiful genie.
    Glad you were able to fix things with Scott. I loved seeing the message that Jared Frio landed in jail (my future world save) I even built one and plunked his tush in it. Scott has a lovely family and home and I sure hope things work for them.
    That is a great close up of the lamp!
    Beautiful new 'shack'. :grin:

@Tamijo I'm pretty sure I don't have any slob sims so whoever moves to the cabin will have to be handy and willing to do a renovation on that bathroom. :lol:
    Comments on your thread for the next chapter.

@sleepstar Nice you got some playtime. Congrats on the baby on the way.

@Kkffoo Gave you an awesome to help you on your way.
    Sounds like your sims are not handy and perhaps a little clumsy or just newbie sims with no skills. :grin:
    That is funny the firefighter stayed.

@Sprottenham Great pics of the new family you are introducing.
    I always see the ladies wearing that base dress and think they are running around in their nightie. It looks more like a nightgown than a dress.
    That is nice his wife loves him and doesn't mind his political talk and greets him with a hot kiss.

@Nikkei_Simmer Hot pics. I don't think they will wait too long unless the wedding is really soon.

@emorrill Great pics of night balloon riding. Very romantic.
    The witch spells can be so entertaining watching them freak out others. Well, you know how much Gardenia like turning the ladies that tried to flirt with Victor into toads.
    Cute pics of Sebastian and Maru pillow fighting.
    Awwww, horse!!
    Sebastian looks very happy and like he's got a great secret. Not necessarily the face you want if the scene is sad or upsetting. That is when I resort to nraas animator for the trouble maker sims faces. :lol:

So, I must have taken 10 or more pics of this adorable kitten playing with a foil scrap. So much fun!!
    50919072531_58992d9cdb_o.jpg
    @bekkasan
    Not certain parts of it.I wouldn’t like making those decisions either.the interior needs a little work.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited February 2021
    @bekkasan Thank you. Now I have a bit more stuff for the toddlers and children, I intend to test them in this Save. As for the names, I have several in mind.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Going to catch up with you all tomorrow. I’m going to share an update once I get off work and eat, then will probably play a bit. Dwight and Melanie are still around as of now but not sure yet what will happen next. Anyway, got a surprise guest in my next couple of updates.

@Tamijo ah poor John! I love teens! but it's not good being around people that make ya feel insecure, so I don't blame him at all!

love Myra on the typewriter writing a letter to Mom. oboy she Loves him! now what!?
    And the frownie faces :( I of course can't wait to find out more of them!

I've noticed it's really tricky when they are on high free will, if they are social and nice I find they will go along with the flirts even though they don't love them back. So John walking away is definitely showing how he feels!

''When I say, come over at try a real guitar, he just smiles.'' hehehe
    I am so glad you posted the pic, this is the first time I have ever seen the air guitar! I wanted my sims to do it and even gave them the hidden skill in another game Now I finally realize that It must be a Late Thing as well as hidden skill! Thank you! :)

@emorrill great pics! Seb is handsome! The air balloon pics, the toasting so so good!

@Turjan oh that's bad! I use the word pad --it's hard for me to type I still have to look at my fingers, so to lose anything is terrible with a capital T!

I think I either did something with retuner or that w mod, something, to make it autonomous and whenever they want. the 'get frisky' is too cute to only have the normal 2 date limit after marriage.

lol I am used to Vampire drinking, but Ayden looked icky! LOL Yes It looked like Ethereal liked it! but when Dante turned Tulip it was super sexy. And he didn't give her llama teeth! :D

''Ah, and Victor's torture comes to an end.'' :D yes now he won't be so jealous of the others! ;) and Ethereal will leave him alone!

Your genie lamp pic is wonderful!

@SilverofDreams30 thank you I agree Danny is way better than Don!

@bekkasan hehehe Great minds, we are! ;) ok if you are wondering it too, then I think my sims are playing me! In this game it is the most evident or suspicious so far! great fun for me of course! I just Love it! :smiley:

Thank you! that makes me so glad you found it entertaining! Good ol Quigley!

Oh hadn't thought of a spa job for Oakley! She might even find that rather posh! Since she is a snob! hehehe Of course now I'll need to make a better looking spa....hrmmm You've got me thinkin my friend! Thank you! (((hugs)))

I think Ethereal meant it when she was talking hearts thoughts to Victor, then the wedding couple thoughts! but he never returned the thoughts! And no wish. I do think she loves him still!

Unrequited Love is the Worse!!!

I want her to be happy! I invited other boys over but they never came! not even That Frank! who the heck does he think he is!? I will try Branch again, I think they have similar traits.

She goes along with Ayden's advances but I don't know how into him she really is. Ayden is such a playboy! I have never had him act like this before!

That kitten's adorableness makes me cry, I still miss my beautiful Mai, she was like my child. She would run to the street when she heard me drive up to park after work, I would hold out my arms and she would jump into them and press her head to my cheek, arms around my neck! what a love! but only to me! She would lay in wait for the guys in the house and try to snag their feet as they walked by! what a B!!! :D
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    It's supposed to be Isabella Covington and the twins'(Conner and Gillian) birthdays but Isabella keeps doing other things and won't age up. Her brother Oliver didn't have any issues with aging up from toddler to child, why should child to teen aging be difficult? I've tried the birthday cake, NRAAS, and Trigger Age Transition cheat and nothing works. I even tried quitting without saving and that doesn't work. I starved everyone and quit without saving again.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top