Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope they paid Johnny Depp

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
Is it just me or does that ghost dude in "Paranormal" resembles a direct copy of Johnny Depp's many characters from a wide range of films? He is having some difficult times so any pay check would probably be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I think a lot of folks are having some pretty difficult times right now...

Johnny Depp would only be paid if he provided simlish for this dude or if this sim was simply called “Johnny Depp”.
    None of the above is true and Guidry doesn’t look enough like Depp to pay him for it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Maybe Temperance is based on Amber? :lol:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2021
    If anyone would get paid for borrowing a character it would not be the actor but the producers who funded the movie and those who own the rights to the intellectual property. Disney, and other companies. He doesn't own the characters he plays. The studios do. Personally, no sympathy for him.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    Is it just me or does that ghost dude in "Paranormal" resembles a direct copy of Johnny Depp's many characters from a wide range of films? He is having some difficult times so any pay check would probably be appreciated.

Dude made millions of dollars, he's gonna be fine. And having a character that vaguely resembles a living person is hardly enough for that person to demand a paycheck.
  • Options
    CressaCressa Posts: 3 New Member
    (I think the orig poster was joking about the paycheck thing.) OMG, yes!!! I have sooo thought Johnny Depp since the first preview clip! I’m glad it’s not just me! :)