Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling all NoCC/NoMods/NoMOO creators!

Hi friends!

Looking for Vanilla creators to follow on the gallery and add some new homes/households/rooms to my game as my building skills are absolutely terrible and the gallery's filters aren't all that helpful with ruling out sneaky bits of CC that somehow wind up appearing in the picture frames.

Nothing against anyone who uses cheats/mods/CC, I'm just against them after various bad experiences and the fact I'm running my game on a new pc and do not want to destroy it any more than the game itself does on a regular basis.

Thanks for your time and keep simming

Comments

• DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    edited January 2021
    I use MOO a lot, so following me might not be your best bet, however lately I do try to pay a lot of attention to place them again without MOO and test them as well, so people get what they see. I mention it in the description if I do.

If you are "allergic" to MOO and non-vanilla placement and you are just looking to add some lots to your neighborhood (no judgement): https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6740499867CD11EA8EEBF3BE3F5E93AB
    I made it while I was still playing for achievements, so no MOO and I am pretty sure it is all vanilla placement. Anything I uploaded earlier should be equally basic (mostly tiny houses, a pool and a museum). They were my first creations when I just started playing on PS4, so don't be too harsh =D

Edit: I actually went back for you and reuploaded something I made on PS4, but reuploaded later (and that one didn't match your wishes anymore, here it is:
    https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F4CE5789577811EB8076DE6C4DCA334D
    plant in wall and glitchy window coverings were actually a part of no MOO and no alt placement, imagine that! (I was actually super surprised about that, but it is true) I had tons of fun playing in this house, it was my favorite.
    Post edited by DeanXeL on
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I don't use any cc or mods in any of my builds. I do use a lot of moveobjects though but I am open to build requests too :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I play vanilla by choice, but I used MOO. 😅 I usually play tested my builds if I uploaded it to the gallery, plus, I always make sure all my builds are functional. I need to make sure all the items that I placed are functional because sometimes, I used my builds for my legacy play too. I only build for fun & whenever I’m bored with my Sims

So, not sure if I’m the one you’re looking for, but my gallery ID is just the same with this ID too. 😊
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hi friends!

Looking for Vanilla creators to follow on the gallery and add some new homes/households/rooms to my game as my building skills are absolutely terrible and the gallery's filters aren't all that helpful with ruling out sneaky bits of CC that somehow wind up appearing in the picture frames.

Nothing against anyone who uses cheats/mods/CC, I'm just against them after various bad experiences and the fact I'm running my game on a new pc and do not want to destroy it any more than the game itself does on a regular basis.

Thanks for your time and keep simming

I didn’t think cc could transfer through the gallery at all, Are you sure those paintings aren’t from in the game, perhaps using the paint from reference option on the easle?

Anyway have cc and moo free builds My gallery name is the same as my forum name Pamtastic72. I have several original builds and several re-dos of Maxis builds, like a makeover of Chez Llama, and The Solar Flare Lounge and more.
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Pamtastic72 You don't know that the NoCC paintings painted from reference, which show images that are clearly NOT Sims textures are in fact CC, just implemented in a NoCC paint from reference via a workaround?
    I appreciate the sentiment of these people by making them downloadable, but however you put it, they are in origin still custom art and thus CC, even though they don't flag as such anymore. If you are playing on PS4, creating such a thing is not possible, since using CC to begin with is not possible. I see a lot of this "art" in Sparkd challenges, but they are in origin CC, people don't realize that sadly.

edit: EA mentioned they "fixed" this issue a while in a patch, but -unless I just see a lot of content I don't have due to packs- it still happens and all "false' NoCC content created in the past still remains untagged as CC
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    I'm pretty much always nocc, nomods, nomoo. I'm Xinqun on the gallery.

Thing is, though, a few things in the game have changed over time. The result is that some things really were "no MOO" when I uploaded them, may require MOO now to place properly.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2021
    I use MOO for decoratives a lot
    so rip to that yes moveobjects has to be turned on if you want my lots to place how they are meant to

but I do try to keep gameplay objects useable and routing in check (i often play the lots myself as well) and i have some shells for people that like furnishing but not making building exteriors

no mods or cc i use none of those

can be found as Zimzziyo on gallery
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Hi all, just saying that this post is to creators who don’t use moo/mods/cc/etc in their builds
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Hello, I always build cc free, don't use MOO in 99% of my builds and have no mods that have an influence on build mode. That said, I do occasionally use other build cheats, but I always playtest my builds. My Gallery ID is the same as my forum username.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Hello, I always build cc free, don't use MOO in 99% of my builds and have no mods that have an influence on build mode. That said, I do occasionally use other build cheats, but I always playtest my builds. My Gallery ID is the same as my forum username.

Added! Thank you so much, your builds are spectacular and perfect for my sims!
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Hi. All of my build are #nocheat #nocc #nomoo.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    Hi. All of my build are #nocheat #nocc #nomoo.

Thank you! Followed and currently deciding which house will suit Vlad and his new bride
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    I don't use CC, mods or MOO in my builds and playtest everything. My Gallery ID is Cevans1962 :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hey there, hi there, ho there! 👋🏻 I don’t use mods, cc, or moo my gallery ID is Pamtastic72. 😁
    masajo wrote: »
    I don't use CC, mods or MOO in my builds and playtest everything. My Gallery ID is Cevans1962 :)
    Hey there, hi there, ho there! 👋🏻 I don’t use mods, cc, or moo my gallery ID is Pamtastic72. 😁

Both of you have been followed! Thanks so much for contributing to this thread and creating vanilla content for simmers to enjoy without risk to their games
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Thank you very much @Godleyjeans :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    My work is #nomods #nomoo #nocc and marked with the hashtags indicating such. I'm Xinqun on the gallery.

Like I said earlier, though: some of the placement rules in the game have changed over time, so you have to be careful with older builds. The changes I'm aware of are as follows:

1) Placement under stairs. At some point, the headroom allowance under stairs became stricter. Things that could fit under a stair without MOO once upon a time, can't fit there anymore. Thanks to this rule change, a couple of my older #nomoo builds now have their stairs disappear when placed.

2) Angled walls. It used to be that you could put paintings, wall sculptures, and wall lights on angled walls with no problem and no MOO. Now, though, anything placed on an angled wall needs to be at least a full diagonal square length away from the edge of the wall ... which means that if your angled wall is only one square long, nothing can go on it except a window. I honestly don't know how many of my older builds have been affected by this.

Ordinarily, I'd suggest watching to see if there are any discrepancies in the cost of the build as listed and after it's been placed, but ... it looks like some objects, floors, and wallpapers have changed prices too.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Hi! I never use any cc or mods in any of my builds. I often use moveobjects (only for decorations) but I always playtest every thing. So, you can be sure you won't have any rooting problems with my builds.

I have to clarify that even if you don't use moveobjects, there can be some rooting problems. So, in small bedrooms of small houses there can be problems with woo-hoo as sims need a lot of space to invite each other woo-hooing. And they can run outside the house for that.
    Or if you place a toddler's bed next to the wall, parents won't be able to read books to the toddlers in bed or to say them goodnight.
    That's why I playtest everything even if I don't use moveobjects at all.

My ID is chealsycat.

2 my latest lots Briny Tower and Tidal Tower are built without any moveobjects. If you need Foxbury University Housing, you can use them.
    In this video I show you round Briny Tower. Tidal Tower is almost the same.
    https://youtu.be/MiZXPFcKc-Q
    Download links are in the description to the video.
  • Hi @Godleyjeans - I have the username PriestessBizarre on the gallery.

I use no mods, no CC, and no MOO in my uploads.

I have put up mainly houses including a number of affordable "starter" houses, but there is at least one little retail shop on there also (shell only).
    Xinqun wrote: »
    My work is #nomods #nomoo #nocc and marked with the hashtags indicating such. I'm Xinqun on the gallery.

Like I said earlier, though: some of the placement rules in the game have changed over time, so you have to be careful with older builds. The changes I'm aware of are as follows:

1) Placement under stairs. At some point, the headroom allowance under stairs became stricter. Things that could fit under a stair without MOO once upon a time, can't fit there anymore. Thanks to this rule change, a couple of my older #nomoo builds now have their stairs disappear when placed.

2) Angled walls. It used to be that you could put paintings, wall sculptures, and wall lights on angled walls with no problem and no MOO. Now, though, anything placed on an angled wall needs to be at least a full diagonal square length away from the edge of the wall ... which means that if your angled wall is only one square long, nothing can go on it except a window. I honestly don't know how many of my older builds have been affected by this.

Ordinarily, I'd suggest watching to see if there are any discrepancies in the cost of the build as listed and after it's been placed, but ... it looks like some objects, floors, and wallpapers have changed prices too.
    chealsycat wrote: »
    Hi! I never use any cc or mods in any of my builds. I often use moveobjects (only for decorations) but I always playtest every thing. So, you can be sure you won't have any rooting problems with my builds.

I have to clarify that even if you don't use moveobjects, there can be some rooting problems. So, in small bedrooms of small houses there can be problems with woo-hoo as sims need a lot of space to invite each other woo-hooing. And they can run outside the house for that.
    Or if you place a toddler's bed next to the wall, parents won't be able to read books to the toddlers in bed or to say them goodnight.
    That's why I playtest everything even if I don't use moveobjects at all.

My ID is chealsycat.

2 my latest lots Briny Tower and Tidal Tower are built without any moveobjects. If you need Foxbury University Housing, you can use them.
    In this video I show you round Briny Tower. Tidal Tower is almost the same.
    https://youtu.be/MiZXPFcKc-Q
    Download links are in the description to the video.
    Hi @Godleyjeans - I have the username PriestessBizarre on the gallery.

I use no mods, no CC, and no MOO in my uploads.

I have put up mainly houses including a number of affordable "starter" houses, but there is at least one little retail shop on there also (shell only).

All followed and added to the list! Thanks so much for contributing and apologies for not replying sooner
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I don't use cc or mods on my builds. In rare occasions I use MOO but only for landscaping or window placement. My recent builds without MOO have a #nomoo tag. Earlier builds I didn't use tags, but most are MOO free. Gallery name is PrincessCapriana.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Howdy! No mods, no CC here.
    I'll say 99% no MOO, because as Xinqun mentioned, after updates some things don't work right anymore. I have houses with angled walls that worked fine before and don't now, same with at least one staircase. You have to remove the fence around it for it to be usable.
    I only have one house (Orchard House) where I intentionally used it to place something decorative because I was making a real house and it was not going to work without it. But I don't like using MOO as a general rule, it always caused problems in Sims 2 and I know it causes gallery issues with Sims 4.

I do playtest all of my builds because I build for my own Sims. If I find something later that I somehow missed, that is important, I will fix it and re-upload.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I am Beckablitz on the gallery.

I build about 60% MOO free. When I do use MOO it is nearly always to landscape (or to place something on a shelf) not for the structure of the build or to "create" furniture etc.

My builds are clearly labelled as NoMOO or needs MOO to place. Some of my early builds are not labelled as I used to play vanilla and did not know about MOO so they may not be the best builds but will be MOO free.

95% of my builds are playtested and used regularly in my games. I always try and label them as playtested. (except for older builds).

As with everyone else - I can't guarantee that changes to build mode haven't made some of my older builds have issues. A lot of them I don't use anymore as I am always building something new.

I do try to have a few builds that are basegame only or use only 2 - 4 packs. And my starters cost under 20,000s - although those with a lot of landscaping will have debug plants.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Hi Godleyjeans, I don't have or play with any Mods/MCCs. I've only played Vanilla with my full collection Sims 4 game. I do however use the Sims 4 BB.MoveObjects, BB.ShowHiddenObjects & BB.ShowLiveEditObjects for my builds. If you don't mind that, you can checkout my builds in the Gallery under SEREFRAS.
  • PennyDreadPriestessPennyDreadPriestess Posts: 267 Member
    Hi @Godleyjeans

I forgot to mention I also have some restaurants on the gallery, also thoroughly play tested and with no MOO, no mods, and no CC.

:)