Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should players be able to adjust the size of the properties, instead of having preset sizes?

What do you guys think?

Comments

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Depends largely on how the neighborhoods are laid out. In a lot of places, there's plenty of room to stretch the edges of a property plot in order to create buildable area, but in others (Newcrest comes to mind), they're already packed in fairly closely and there's no room to move or resize them even if you wanted to.

Nooooooow, if EA brought back the system in Sims 2 where you could have naught but a road layout and decide for yourself how many and how large the plots you wanted (either with blank plots to build on or, if you're not the builder type, with Maxis premade and Gallery-supported lots), then what you'd have there is a strong selling point if they made that part of the focused feature list in Sims 5.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes. Period.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    YES. I'd want to have the sim I control have the option to have the largest plot of land in town...as well as adding to the land by buying up lots around it...to add to the square footage of the lot and increase the size of his property.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Yes, but first we need properties to adjust. I have more buildable lots in Pleasantview than I do in all of TS4. I also have lots that have yards available, not ones where the house hogs the entire lot space.
  • GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 34 Member
    In a future Sims game? Yeah, I would love to see something like that added! Anything that could help us personalize the worlds/towns/neighborhoods more is always welcome in my book! Imagine dragging a property line closer to the water for a private beach. Or dragging it closer to the road so there's no awkward space between the lot and the road.

In Sims 2 and Sims 3, I had a mostly positive experience with the world building. I liked that we could place lots anywhere and decide what type of landmarks we would like in the town. But...there has been a handful of times where stretching the lots would've been useful. (I mean, really, placing a lot in the Sims 3 can be soooooo finicky sometimes!) And with world building basically non-existent in the Sims 4, it would be cool to see the next game step it up with a never before seen feature like that!
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Yes! I can’t count the times I want to build something in a given location but can’t due to lack of suitable lots.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I made an amazing house I’d love to use in the vampire world but can’t because it requires a 50x40 lot.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes. It only adds to the game. If it isn't something a player doesn't like then there will still always be pre-made lots to choose from. Things that only add without taking from other playstyles should always be added/standard if possible. Or at least that's my opinion.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Only if it doesn't cost lag and we don't have to do it, like the presets are still there, and only if it doesn't affect the backgrounds/landscape stuff. Then yeah, why not?
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yes! i think it would be awesome to adjust the size of the property. For instance if you want houses close together, you can adjust the property so that houses can be closer together. However, if you want more property, like a big backyard, it would be cool to adjust the size of it. Even if over time you don't use the pool or don't garden- it would be awesome to just adjust the property and not use a backyard.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I would already be happy if I could just rotate the uneven lots, because if I had a simoleon for every time I couldn't place a house where I wanted because the wrong side was facing the street, and I lacked the building skills and/or time and/or patience to rearrange it to make it fit, I could buy the entire game again.

Of course, changing the lot sizes at will, maybe even adding new ones while we're at it, would be even better.
    I just saw this will all be possible in Paralives. :D Hope that game is released this year.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The more I learn about Paralives the more I like it. One would think its developers come over here to see what we need/want and then put it into their game. People who care and listen. Like the TS2 crowd.
    The more I learn about Paralives the more I like it. One would think its developers come over here to see what we need/want and then put it into their game. People who care and listen. Like the TS2 crowd.

lol, yeah, it is funny we get all these questions and wonder if someone isn't actually asking for other games. lol