March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out - Customers won't stay seated!

Comments

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Yes they never seem to read very long to Toddlers the story never seems to finish.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I had to recently abandon Chez llama that my sim owned as it went from four and a half stars down to two because the staff weren't doing their jobs or showing up at all, customers wouldn't stay seated and would randomly leave to jog or exercise (if they had the active trait) or would dance (ended up deleting the stereo) play the piano/use the mic to practise singing. It was a nightmare. XP
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I tweeted Nick for an update on this looooong outstanding issue.

• EdwardIIVEdwardIIV Posts: 4 New Member
    Any updates on this? It's been over a year since this problem has been discovered. @SimGuruNick
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    This is a strange one because I feel like this issue did improve. I was enjoying restaurants again and I even made a outdoor restaurant that I ran for quite a while. Then it was like all plum broke loose and everything was messed up again. Even completing the smallest tasks in game just became impossible. I would like to see this fixed because it is fun pack and it is such a shame that it is such a mess.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    EdwardIIV wrote: »
    Any updates on this? It's been over a year since this problem has been discovered. @SimGuruNick

If you space out the tables well enough sims rarley get up from there seats. BUT, if you don’t use a divider between tables or space them out we enough the sims tend to get up and talk to other sims.

Here’s a good list of things that can help depending on what type of problems you have https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-DO-Restaurant-Problems/td-p/5410235
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    EdwardIIV wrote: »

If you space out the tables well enough sims rarley get up from there seats. BUT, if you don’t use a divider between tables or space them out we enough the sims tend to get up and talk to other sims.

Here’s a good list of things that can help depending on what type of problems you have https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-DO-Restaurant-Problems/td-p/5410235

That thread’s been archived. As far as I’m aware, there’s no active bug reports for anything restaurant related over on ahq, which is the official forum for bug fixes now. I’ll put together a new bug report soon.
    Y'all can go over to AHQ and hit "me too" on this thread I just created.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-will-not-stay-seated-in-restaurants/m-p/7010028#M71650

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I love playing restaurants in this game, but they frustrate the heck out of me at the moment.
  • BoardwalkBoardwalk Posts: 25 Member
    I think the jogging is related to Sims who have the active trait. I have 2 waiters I tested this with, they both have active trait and frequently disappear for a jog, quite annoying.
    So new issue, with seasons installed my teen sim and her BF are at the Diving Pelican waiting to place an order, the only problem is that all of the staff (minus the MC and the Chef) are all outside shovelling snow, even some of the guests are out there shovelling the stupid snow piles. @SimGuruNick this is getting beyond ridiculous.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    They haven't since Season they get up all the time, except when their meal comes thankfully they then return to their seats to eat their food. I also noticed that they do not talk that much either like they use to.
  • AmyLynnJohnsonAmyLynnJohnson Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everyone ! I'm sorry if this was discussed earlier but I don't feel like reading the whole 5 pages above :neutral:
    Sometimes when the sifht starts one or two of my employees just don't show up at the restaurant. It is super annoying because I only realise it after one or two hours so I do have to pay my employees for their time but I don't earn anything since customers can't be placed or served ! This happens a lot ... Does anyone have an idea how to solve this ? Does this even happen to other people ?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Dine out it seems was designed that way,
    I have it on PS4 and its still an issue :/
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimsdutchSimsdutch Posts: 1 New Member
    They stand up only with the bar stools try changing it to regular chairs it worked for me
  • IdiotSoupIdiotSoup Posts: 2 New Member
    For me, if there is a plate on the table, the sims say they can't sit there and then they just stand and talk. Even if I clean up the plate, they refuse to sit back down. As a result, their food won't come and they will get mad and leave.
  • enigmabstractenigmabstract Posts: 10 New Member
    This issue is still happening, Sims not staying seated when they dine out at restaurants! Please EA fix this!
  • writingmewritingme Posts: 1 New Member
    Yup, still happening. May 2020.

I just watched the 'Dine Out' trailer on YouTube, and all of the Sims are sitting nicely and eating their food like people do at restaurants.

Whenever I send my Sims on a date to that lounge, then the moment someone grabs the mike to sing - forget about it! Everyone huddles on the stage and they're never in their seats.

So silly. Wonder if this is part of the much-hyped multitasking that they used to go on and on and on about in the lead up to the release of the base game. I guess the coding does that.

Isn't there a mod available to address this, please?
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited May 2020
    This is a problem for running restaurant. My customers won’t sit on high chairs/tables (bar stools). On normal chairs they are fine. But if you play the game on 2x speed the restaurant quickly breaks down. Customers sit down for a bit order food and then they decide they want to go home. Then the waiter comes serve invisible food. The table is no longer usable for next customers. On normal speed it happens less frequently but still happens.

Also if I open my restraint before 8 waiters don’t show up.

So by *following” these rules below , I am still able to play the game and my restaurant is now 5 star
    - use normal speed at all time when the restaurant is open
    - Do not use high chairs/ tables
    - Open restaurant only after 8:15am
    - make sure your restaurant is spacious for waiters to move around
    - Don’t put anything other entertainment items which draw customers to use them.

Yea it is very annoying please blinking fix this amazing pack !!!
    Post edited by jimbbq on
  • VintageElysiumVintageElysium Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey so this is a 4 year old thread?? And I am having the exact same issues? I got Dine Out years ago, tried restaurants, they didn't work, saw that the issue were acknowledged and decided just not to use restaurants hoping for a fix. A few days ago I decided to try restaurants again as an owner, and I'm getting the same issue years later! WTH EA? @SimGuruNick ? Is there ever going to be a fix or did I give EA $60 for a pack I'll never be able to use? I've tried all the proposed fixes, my sim is a restaurant owner and not a single sim will stay seated during their meal no matter what tables and chairs I use or decorations I do or do not have (and honestly, that shouldn't qualify as a 'fix' I should be able to use any of the tables/chairs in the restaurant category and frickin decorate my restaurant.) Complete chaos and totally unplayable. This has clearly been an ongoing issue for a long time, has there ever been any acknowledgement or update on if it's going to be fixed? Or is this just how it is? If it's not fixable, Simmers should get money back or choice of a different pack or something.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My restaurants are kind of playable now. Except when stupid celeb comes in and then everyone freaks out. No cool EA to not fix this pack. I love it I have restaurants in all saves.
  • ThatGuyPaulThatGuyPaul Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok, so January 2022, this issue is still present. It's been almost 5 YEARS since this was posted?? @SimGuruNick any plans to fix this ?
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    Yep haven't rotated to my restaurateurs for 2 years because the restaurants aren't fun to own or dine at.
  • neo_Sfinitoneo_Sfinito Posts: 1 New Member
    It is LITERALLY almost the end of 2022 and this issue has still NOT been fixed, or properly addressed. Would EA PLEASE fix this bug already?
    It is LITERALLY almost the end of 2022 and this issue has still NOT been fixed, or properly addressed. Would EA PLEASE fix this bug already?

At this point, I think we just have to accept that a fix for Dine Out will never come. Restaurants will never function properly, ever again.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Perhaps EA can refund us all the cost of the pack since we can't use it without being driven temporarily insane.

I have lots of different restaurants in my game, sitting there uselessly waiting for a fix. Occasionally I wonder whether to just delete them all and use the space for something else but I'm stubbornly hoping my sims can one day pleasurably dine out again.