Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I'd rather they win anyway because I'm not a Tom Brady fan. I don't really watch much football anyway but I always choose one team to root for.
    I actually need to get Retuner. I've got MC, SP, and some other ones but Retuner is one I just never got.

@DivaDoodle I like how you use their thought bubbles to come up with your dialogue.
    Sims must think we know everything they do, lol
    It's good that someone has the skill to fix it.
    Poor Beau, why does everything have to break when he's around it?
    Fern seems happy after that kiss.
    I know, it will be for me too. He'll probably return as a ghost every once in while.
    Thank you.
    I've had it with some Sims but didn't get lucky this time.

@Silverofdreams30 Great job on Kassam!

@GraceyManor I do, I've got some of the NRaas mods but Retuner is just one I haven't got yet. I really need to get it soon.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Brandontaylor
    If you need help figuring out which settings to do on it let me know =)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Four birthdays in one gameplay session!

Carson Covington(Dad)
    r3s4FM1.jpg

Mollie Covington(Mom, she's also in a mid-life crisis!)
    D8ALhUM.jpg

Isabella Covington
    4aUPDkX.jpg

Oliver Covington
    5UMSt29.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Deshong04 Interesting observations about the sims and their motives for doing or not doing things.
    That is what I love about Sims 3 in that it can be what each of us wants or needs it to be and we can all enjoy the game our way and share on the forums with each other.
    So am I understanding that Trinity had an affair with this other sim despite being in love with Nathaniel and she is now pregnant with Nathaniel's child? Or did I misunderstand?

@GraceyManor Glad that Linda is having a good time with her friends.
    They are so cute in their outfits singing and having fun.
    Thanks for the comments on my Supernatural Island builds. Appreciate it! :smiley:

@Karritz I sure hope your game settles down and doesn't have corruption going on. That is pretty freaky about the portal and all those sims coming through. I don't allow it in my game because I've had so many issues with future world and corruption in the past. Totally ruined one of my legacy stories.

@DivaDoodle I will let you know if it happens in my game with Alfarin. I've never noted that to happen before and I use quite a few sims that were given to me that had been played by the original simmers. Alfarin is not currently in the game since I decided to add all the lots first before adding the sims this time. I know they are very rich and I love that! :grin: I'm building the last big venue (seasonal lot) and it will probably take me several more days to get it done. Then will start adding a few more houses and should be ready to test with all the sims.
    hehe, funny we were thinking the same about Ethereal! :lol:
    Patience my friend, patience. I play much longer life spans with my stories so Jamie will find his love, and she better cooperate or I will be doing one of your famous/infamous makeovers on her to fix her! I'm afraid to push her too much as so far she doesn't have any romantic wishes with him or anybody as yet. I'm going to have them spend a lot of time together just the two of them after they ditch the ghosts! :grin:
    So you were a nursery nurse? I was scared spitless of those tiny little things when I was in nursing school. I was a very young 18 year old back in those days. I loved the old folks though and loved hearing their stories, still do. We all find our niche. :heart:
    Love your chat with Danny. He is trying to keep you straight!
    Nice of Victor to help out with the repairs.
    oops, one repair too many!
    awww, sweet Fern and Quigley! :heart:

@Nikkei_Simmer I have no idea how much time I've logged on since I don't have origin to track me and my game. I'm not sure I really want to know and see it officially in black and white. I might just need a break. lol

@Brandontaylor Congrats to Quinton on his most recent promotion.
    Awww, lovely wedding for Michael and Irene.
    :open_mouth: You let SP decide on what happens with your sims! Not me! lol, I protect them with a 'family' caste that I made.
    Thanks for commenting on my scenery pictures.
    I'm gonna missed Dwight too when he is gone. So many sims so little time!

@Silverofdreams30 Kassam looks great! So handsome.

@HillyBeth Lovely pics of your sims.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @bekkasan thank you! I was going to give them five kids, but two is fine by me. Lol!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Sammie: I can't believe your last day is here already! 3 days go by quick.
    Linda: They sure do, but you can come visit me sometime?
    Agent Peter: Just make sure you clear security.
    Linda: Don't listen to him.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    Melanie: You missed.Drink up Linda.
    Linda: I've already drank 4 of these, when are you going to get a drink?
    Melanie: Learn to aim better.XD

Screenshot-35.jpg
    Agent Peter: I really do not get paid enough to do this.
    Linda: You get paid plenty!
    Agent Peter: To guard people, not rollerblade with children.

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Agent Peter: And no comments from you, I heard you sat and read
    a book during a 4th of july event.
    Linda: Ouch, I can feel the heat from here.

Screenshot-37.jpg
    Agent Peter: Oh...shiny! Hey ladies, I got something to show you.XD
    Sammie: Tell me he didn't....
    Melanie: He tanned himself...

Screenshot-40.jpg

Screenshot-41.jpg
    Of course bad weather started to roll in.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Hello All

I've been giving out likes and awesomes when I come here for a while. I've visited briefly most days.

There are a lot of comments made directly to me that I haven't responded to and today I'm going to try to reply to all of them. Unfortunately I've noticed comments from a few people don't generate notifications so I may not find all of those comments but will try to look for them. If I miss responding to you then I'm sorry, your comment mustn't have generated a notification. I know there are at least two of you that I've seen have commented and I didn't get notified of it. I've gone back to page 4114 so I can't read carefully through all of the posts made since then to try to find comments I didn't get any notification for, but I will try.

@Turjan Thank you, I'm glad you like my sims. I seem to feel less constrained about how my Imaginary Friends will look when they are made real. As I make each one I seem to want to push myself to make each one different from every other sim I've ever made.

I enjoyed seeing your University shots. You have a lot of sims at uni at the same time.

@Brandontaylor thank you. I'm glad you like Cathy's hair colour. I can't wait to get another female IF made real so I can have more fun with Pink. I almost gave my new male IF pink hair too but changed my mind and made his hair a bit blueish. He originally had the default Imaginary Friend dark purple hair. That reminds me of someone I worked with a long time ago - he was not impressed when his teenage son died his hair pink. That teen would be in his 50's now I expect.

I hope you get time to watch a few more videos soon.

I am trying to stay cool. I can't wait for cooler weather. Since I've spent my life so far in the tropics or sub-tropics I've never even seen snow up close. Only on distant mountain tops when visiting places farther south of where I live - that is in colder areas. Some places here have no land between them and the South Pole and they can get quite cold.

Yes - I do have a lot of Imaginary Friends made real in the world. But I only keep them in the main household for long enough for them to learn a few skills and read some recipes and fishing books. Then they are on their own. I've noticed some of them are finding romance and moving in with other sims. Others are still living the single life. The problem I was trying to solve was I was playing in a world that had 0 population when I started and I had not added many other sims so my main household weren't selling much of their produce when they consigned it. I thought of just adding sims from my library, but I was at the same time wondering what to do with the Imaginary Friend dolls my young adults were still carrying around in their inventories. I eventually decided to solve both problems by making all of the imaginary friends real and letting them populate the world. Problem is I can't have more than about 20 sims in the household to avoid Error 12 so it is a process of making one, or two and training them and moving them out before making another one. I'll be able to make more real at a time as I move the young adults out after they are married as the household size will gradually shrink until there is only Gerri living there.

I was astonished that the sims all gathered together to chat. I was only controlling Cathie. The rest of them autonomously approached and they started talking. I've not seen that happen before. And when the fifth sim turned up and the others made a space for her and she joined in too I was stunned. I managed to get it on video but only got the two screenshots I showed already which only had the first 4 in it.

@DivaDoodle I am about to continue working on the second part of the video. I'm pretty sure I'll get their story completed in part two. I found I needed a break from it. I had a go at continuing it yesterday but couldn't face trying so I'm hoping today will be the day to get started - but it's after 12 noon already. I was up until almost 2 am this morning working on a few things.

I love how you let your sims do whatever they want. Back in about 2011 I got so tired of family trees breaking and toddlers being strangers to their parents that I stopped playing with families. My play style became make 8 random unrelated young adults with a variety of traits and put them into a house together. Always 4 male and 4 female. Then I'd build a huge house full of attractive stuff and watch what happened. The only thing I tried to direct them to do was learn skills. I kept them all as households and they are the sims I use now in my worlds where I add my own townies. They are all sims I know and have played at some point. A few got used in more than one game and ended up in a few different households so I ended up with some duplicates in my worlds. I dealt with that issue by changing the name and a few details of the extra(s) and making them siblings or cousins.

Sorry I scared you about giving up. The thing is it was becoming such a drudge and that will show through in the narration. If I am forcing myself to do it then it sounds forced. It was a good move to cut it up as I got a chance to step away from it for a couple of days. I see now it will probably be only one more episode. But the next episode after that will probably cover their return home. There won't be much video about them settling into their new home as such scary things were going on back at the main house. For example one of them joined the criminal career and another couldn't live in the same house as him so she moved out. I suspect Sharonda is in the law enforcement career so probably didn't want to live with a known criminal.

Thanks for the comments on the video. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Larry wasn't running when he was going fast - he was using a hoverboard. Lynette had one too.

I got a bit of a shock when I saw Emit (Time spelled backwards) in her bed. I moved her to Larry's room after that. I couldn't lock their door so had to endure many visitors during the night.

I also got a surprise when I saw that plumbot recharging through the wall. I always try to stop that happening when I have control of them. I didn't control that one.

I have so many of those arcade machines and try to use different ones in my videos. I'm not sure where I got that one from but I think it's called the handmade arcade machine.

That watching the stars shot was of them just after the end of the video. The next video will begin with them watching the stars together. They won't spend much time in the wasteland in the next video. I have them doing lots of different things that they can do in the future as well as some interesting activities in the gondola lot.

I think the crashing is from my having too many sims in the household. I tend to push the game to its limits and beyond when I get away with it. I think with 20 sims in the household and the lot shaking like that something would have to give. Fortunately I'm on the way to getting that household down to 1 sim and all of the others will have been moved out to their own much smaller households.

They turned the future portal on from the future apparently and then jumped through. I had to get Cathy to turn it off again so I could delete it. She had to wait for everyone to arrive from the future before she could do that.

I was trying to get all 4 of them in the shot where Percy is looking at Wendy but I couldn't get Frank in the picture. I just wanted a close up of their faces. (Frank was the one who joined the criminal career. He's supposed to marry Felicia. I made him quit that career and became a gardener.) I used a skin on Percy that I haven't used on a sim before. I always reject it in CAS because it shows black lines on each exterior side of the nostrils. I decided to have a look at it in game and it seems alright. Having a different skin will make him even more unique looking.

Don't worry about the future wrecking the game. I have many saves with different names so I can always go back to just before they left for the future. But it seems to be running nicely now. It just needed a bit of time to sort itself out after they returned home with lots of new stuff the game hasn't had to deal with before.

@bekkasan I think I have the video under control now. There is still about an hour's video to condense into about 30 minutes but I'm sure there is a lot recorded that I don't want to use.

I tried to get them to do a bit of everything but in the end that wasn't possible so there will need to be a return trip one day. Maybe that'll happen with another story. I've been thinking of sending Oscar and Eric and Susanne to the future for an adventure and they can stay there for as long as I like to have them there and they can do all sorts of things while there.

With the current story I really just want the couple to marry and go home to their own house so I can get everyone in their original household out and married and ready to have babies. Once that's happened I'll play logged in and keep Gerri's house as the active house no matter what and use Master Controller to make the couples to have babies. With 15 of them I think it should require only two babies each so if that works as planned it shouldn't be long before the badge is acquired or fails to trigger. I think Gerri has to have another baby after she gets the 30 grandchildren while logged in before it will trigger though. Unfortunately any grandchildren born before that time won't count as I'll not be logged in and will continue changing households as I move various couples and imaginary friends made real out into their own homes.

I'm still enjoying your ghost story and what you're doing with Supernatural Island. I think I downloaded that world a while back. I don't know if I'll ever get time to do anything with it though.

I wonder if you have ghost babies in your future plans for the newly married couple. I remember having one in a game once and I couldn't tolerate the see-through mother and baby so cured them both of being ghosts. But I got the badge for having a ghost baby first.

I hope the game will be good. It seems to have settled down now. I just shifted that portal to a community lot so the entire main household of 20 sims wasn't getting shaken up constantly. That would have ruined the game for sure. I'm more worried about Percy's hair. It seemed to take such a long time to go onto him. It must use a lot of memory. I made sure I saved with a new name just in case it was bugged and I wasn't able to open the save again after using it on him but it all seems good.

@emorrill 'waves' back - I am always having fun. Almost always maybe. I did get the first part of the video onto YouTube and am about to get to work on the second part of that episode. My couple were kept very busy on their vacation and I got a lot of video.

Thanks for the comment - I was celebrating a bit too when I finally got that video up onto YouTube. Now I've gotta do the next one.

@Puddinroy Hello. I hope you found time to watch a few videos.

@Tamijo thanks. I'm sad you are not able to watch the videos. They'll be there hopefully when you next decide you have time to watch. Lots of people are at different stages and are watching videos loaded at any stage.

That's it for now. I need a break.

Happy Simming All.

Screenshot-49.jpg
    Tiffany: Ryan, Darling, is that you?
    Agent Peter: Don't turn around.
    Peter blows in her eyes.
    Tiffany: Oh! What do you wish of me?
    Agent Peter: Cluck like a chicken.
    Tiffany: What?
    Agent Peter: It makes me happy!
    Tiffany: Oh.

Screenshot-50.jpg
    Tiffany: cluck cluck....cluck
    Peter fights back to hold is laughter.

Screenshot-51.jpg
    Tiffany: cluck....cluck......

Screenshot-52.jpg
    Agent Peter: What on earth are you doing?
    Tiffany: Ahhhhh!
    Agent Peter: Did you think I was Ryan?
    Tiffany: You tell anyone about this!
    Agent Peter: I wouldn't dare, we need the eggs.

few drinks later...

Screenshot-54.jpg
    Tiffany: I don't usually have drinks with the help.
    Agent Peter: Well, I've never been any help to you.
    Tiffany: I'll drink to that.

Screenshot-55.jpg
    Tiffany: So tell me, Rochester.What did you to kill a day before I came
    along?
    Agent Peter: Well, to tell the truth my life was kind of empty.But now I have
    a hobby.
    Tiffany: I loathe you!
    Agent Peter: Well, I despise you.

Screenshot-56.jpg
    Tiffany: Servant
    Agent Peter: Chicken
    Tiffany: Bell boy!
    Agent Peter: Brunette!

Screenshot-57.jpg

Screenshot-58.jpg

Screenshot-59.jpg
    Linda: Oh maker....
    Agent Wilson: I think I'm gonna throw up.
    Ryan: How much did I drink today?
    Linda: Not as much as them.
    Tiffany: Good night Ryan, Miss fieldway...wayfield
    Tiffany(to Peter): Swine!
    Ryan: Chicken!
    Agent Peter: Good night people.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    DivaDoodle wrote: »
    @hellokitty1496 I love when they go in the haunted house! I like the different outcomes! ;)
    Yeah, I got these two, like, a week ago:

FmoU6S2.png

FKLyC7E.jpg
    It's interesting finding these weird, yet random buffs that you don't hear or see much about. Makes me feel kinda special :tongue: .
    Kind of like an easter egg, if it is so.
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@Deshong04 it is so fun to meet someone who plays the way I do.

It sounds like you know more about their AI than I do and I'm very interested in reading more of your posts!

I have seen some wishes not be true wishes. I had a little child that had a wish to play in her tree house and when she didn't go to play there after 2 days I thought maybe I should direct her! so I did and you should have seen her sorrowful little face and dragging her feet as slowly as possible, as if I had asked her to please enter a torture chamber LOL! no I didn't make her go!

sad little Tula headed for the torture chamber tree house.

OV8gV4s.jpg
    TsQWgFd.jpg

so we all went to the fair to cheer her up
    a2XoF0C.jpg

The only time she was super happy was when she was near a teen she had a crush on, she had to show me in thought bubbles because kids can't make love wishes, of course.
    Tula and her crush Tristan
    lI8T3MX.jpg

Tristan shows up at the fair, he always was really nice and liked her company a lot.
    ATwmLul.jpg
    DP7t5KN.jpg

And when she finally aged up he was happy, and she certainly was as well.
    s1Zduny.jpg?1
    PR4lnuQ.jpg
    aqmDSR7.jpg?1
    WxEegyG.jpg

Funny how sometimes even little kids know.
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited February 2021
    Episode 11 – The Elder Assembly

Greg Preston’s Diary 24th of May 2725 AD
    We bought a typewriter as a gift for Michiko, as she said she would like to write a novel. We also sold some salted fish and the gold-stone.

We have had several meetings with Village Elder Council all day, they asked us how much taxes we expected to had collected over the last year. When I said it was just 1.805$ (*) the Council realised that we needed support, if the settlement by the river should not collapse.

They decided to help us with donations (*). If we would accept to be a part of them, under indirect leadership. We should create a small local elder assembly and be represented in their council. They appointed me as lifetime settlement leader, being the founder. When I was no longer there, the elder assembly should vote for a new lifetime leader.

gKm4tQ2.jpg

Extracts from “The Wilderness” by Michiko Vaughan
    The settlers were so nice to us. They built a small cottage we could live in, simple but a lot better that the cold basement. When their leader returned from a village he knew somewhere in the mountains, he had a typewriter for me and said that now I was a part of their elder assembly. Having influence on future decisions.

xMYEUIc.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 1st of June 2725 AD
    The first Elder Assembly meeting took place tonight. With Greg, Michiko and myself, mainly talking about the deals made with the mountain village. We also talked about the pros and cons of the option we had to advert in the mountain village, to attract more newcomers.

CwC5qBy.jpg

From Greg Preston’s Report to St. John’s Educational Foundation – June 2725
    Myra have become so found of fishing that she has also persuaded John to come. They had a fine month, all in all reeling in 19 fish at the lake. The other youngsters have been cleaning and taking care of the garden.

28GKxPr.jpg

Greg Preston’s Diary 17th of June 2725 AD
    As intended the new settlement meeting and assembly spot, have become a popular meeting location. A place to meet, talk, read or just relax.

3CXlMTr.jpg

The typewriter I got for the Vaughan family was a great idea. Charles already started to write something. “Bens guide to Bikes”, not sure with that title, but I hope he can make some money from it. The family is so poor. In any case they look much stronger now that they have got some decent meals.

7mIlFnl.jpg

Jenny Richards Diary 23th of June 2725 AD
    We are not exactly the best of friends yet, but I am glad that Michiko skill comes around to visit, after they have moved out. I don’t really like being out in the sun or rain, so I don’t see a lot of people if they do not visit.

NGtlhmo.jpg

Editorial:
    A know it is a lot this time, but for my own reference and the few interested I thought it would post it all.
    Funds after this episode (including donations):
    Greg Preston household: 7.556
    Jenny Richards household: 8.496
    Michiko Vaughan household: 5.496

Political Structure Elder Assembly:
    Must be at least 33 years old (adult) - Max one from each house - Oldest in house – Max. six members prefer highest tax payer families if more than six households. – Leader 2 votes. Elder 1 vote

Yearly Donations: Paid in June after tax calculation
    In this context Elder is member of Elder Assembly, Adult+ is everyone above 33.
    The donations (if the combined yearly tax is less than 18.000$):

nvTdewa.jpg

In-game auto jobs selected:
    Greg, Jenny, Michiko: Band
    Terry: Photographer
    Charles: Writer
    The two meetings were “fixed” all other scenes auto

Comments

@Turjan: Thanks for explaining about NRaas Tagger, may be a good idea to have it, not to have to jump trough every household to see what is going in.
    Michiko is not a coward
    Love that one with Carly – looks like a very strong girl. As always top-quality pics.

@Silverofdreams30: LoL - they could easily play those roles.

@DivaDoodle: Thanks for nice comments
    Yes very glad to have found the egg fix.
    “Add Any Lot Size” cool surely I will get that mod, good for my attempt to do an old and tight style settlement.
    Comments at you site asap.

@Brandontaylor: Thanks for nice comments
    The new family will be fully intergraded to my story.
    Comments at you site asap.

@Deshong04: That was an amazingly good read, keep it up.
    Won’t comment too much on it, just because I have played too little to have an opinion on the sims autonomy reactions. Also i run SP MOD.
    One little thing : “Why do my Sims insist on bringing a baby into the picture to fix the relationship”
    Well in RL way too many people do exactly that, sometimes with very bad results both for the parents and the child.

@GraceyManor:
    Thanks for comments
    Great that she took a trip back to see her friends
    Agent Peter :)
    Nice with some ABBA
    Fantastic that last picture in you last post (the one with the statue)
    “I wouldn't dare, we need the eggs” nice!

@bekkasan:
    Thanks for explanation about Supernatural Island. Good luck with you game there, seems like a wonderful place for sims. Nice snowstorm picture. (Comments on you site if...we cant wait much longer)

@Karritz
    Percy wished to join the political career ……suitable as the Criminal career
    Same -same :)

@emorrill:
    Thanks for comment.
    He really has no guitar and sometimes (quite often) he plays air-guitar as an in-game “action” with a note saying “playing air-guitar”

@Nikkei_Simmer: Wow 10013 surely never reached a number like that in any game.

@HillyBeth: Nice sims

The settlement with the new Vaughan house in front and the meeting place behind it

mQrso0A.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited February 2021
    My latest sub-chapter of the refugees. This is Mohamed Khaled's chapter. Let's see how he does.

Chapter 2.4: What's up with these old people?

Follwing Deng around, I had to leave Mohamed alone for a while, but I guess he was doing alright. When I turned to him, he was at home checking the weather forecast.

50907984391_eb7c4c6405_b.jpg

And it said... heatwave incoming. So, time to plan a proper summer outfit before hitting the beach.

50907287373_ca26320096_b.jpg

For his summer outfit opted for light and pale clothing, a hat for his head and some cool shades. Ah, looking good my friend.

50907311468_bf196489bd_b.jpg
    Just got to check the stove before heading out. "I don't want the house to catch fire while I'm away!" he probably thought to himself.

50908116372_4526e33385_b.jpg

Poor soul has seen enough fire and destruction already, and this has, underneath his surface of self-confident bravado, made him quite neurotic, constantly worrying about when the next disaster will hit.

50907984351_c2713dd3d2_b.jpg

Aah, this is life.

Mohamed: Heey, what do you say old lady, want to go to the disco with me tonight?

Eirin Motorsen: ....

50907287328_c00c44c13a_b.jpg

Mohamed: What about a game of chess, yeah?

Eirin: Oh, yeah, sure, lets play a round. I have always enjoyed a game of chess. My name is Eirin, by the way.

50907287313_b2738b8f10_b.jpg

After playing for a while, he decided to ask for her star sign, but she only replied by saying something about a party before running off.

50907984291_b06bb667f3_b.jpg

Mohamed thought it was kind of weird and random, so he decided to go for a swim... with his clothes on.

50907287263_8a32986d11_b.jpg

He alternated between swimming and resting on the beach before having a picnic after dark.

50908116202_25771251f3_b.jpg

It was really hot out too, and he was sweating like a pig and as it was getting late it was time to go home and go to bed, but only after checking the stove once more, just in case...

The next day after work, he was invited to a party over at Christoffer Steels house. Optimistic that it would be an opportunity to meet some interesting new people, he was quickly disappointed when he found the party to consist of only three old dudes watching television... What a lame party!

50908116167_8d1a1b9f95_b.jpg

Oh, come on, seriously? Now its just three old dudes and a broken tv... ew, and whats up with all these fish bowls with rotten fish? This party stinks!

50907984196_b9cc714683_b.jpg

"Well, I'm getting hungry so I'm just gonna help myself to some food. There isn't much else to do around here... "

50907984151_d34c6185ff_b.jpg

This of course, didn't make him very popular with Christoffer Steele, but he just ignored him completely, eating his food like a boss before heading home for the night.

50907287138_9080856136_b.jpg

After work the next day, he wanted to call up Ranveig and play chess. So he invited her over to the chess club, but...

50907287123_448e9603cf_b.jpg

..the sight of H.K.H. Høigaffels memorial stone made him freak out.
    I don't want to go into to much detail about why that may be, but lets just say that life in the aforementioned internment camps could be pretty brutal, and for some people cut short for.. reasons. This would naturally leave bodies that needed to be disposed of, and who do you think got that job? Excactly.

When Ranveig saw his reaction, she figured this probably wasn't the best place to hang out, so she suggested they go and play bowling instead.

50908116037_48e3cbb7d0_b.jpg

And so they did, though it would seem that even the sight of the bowling alley must have brought back some painful memories for him. I'm not going to pry into that now, but leave it to him to tell us more about his backstory when or if the time comes that he is able to do so.

50907287078_03d6f6605e_b.jpg
    50907287048_d01778c42c_b.jpg

Clearly, now is not the time. He managed to forget about his worries and sorrows for a while though, once they started bowling, and ended up having plenty of fun during the night.

50908115982_01a25a79a6_b.jpg

And even though Ranveig did pretty good, he was the winner of this round. After playing he got hungry, so he bought a piece of pastry, but.. hold on...

50907984011_6a53b222c4_b.jpg

Before he had a chance to sit down to eat, Thornton Wolff was already in place and ate the pastry right in front of his eyes!

50908115952_86d18d5b96_b.jpg

Mohamed: You've go to be...!? What's wrong with you old people? How dare you steal my food!?

Narrators voice: Well.. ahem ...did you already forget about the party over at Christoffer Steels house?

50907286948_375e496ce3_b.jpg

Mohamed: Go on! Hush! Get out of here old man!

I guess so..

50907444603_293f89fd42_b.jpg

So he tried once again to satisfy his hunger with a lime pie, before sitting down to have a chat with Ranveig. However, just as he sat down, his phone rang. Ranveig doesn't look very pleased about the interruption.

50908273342_b3ca18978e_b.jpg

Ranveig mumbled some discontent words to her self, while he answered the phone. This could have been a good opportunity for them to have an indepth conversation. The bowling alley seems to be the place for that, but not this time, it seems. (This is a reference to Chapter 1.2: The plan that failed where Sofie told her story.)

50907444553_c191e9bab3_b.jpg

By some weird coincidence, maybe, the caller was Ingmar, Ranveigs father.

Mohamed: Hello, Ingmar.

Ingmars voice can be heard through the phone, but it is not possible to discern what he says.

Mohamed: Aha... yeah. Yeah, I have just been out bowling with Ranveig.

Mohamed:Alright, I got you. .. No, I wasn't trying to pick up your wife, I was just trying to keep a conversation.

Mohamed: Well, she just ran off, anyway, saying something about a party.

50907444543_116599dc65_b.jpg

Mohamed: Aha, no, she's good. She's in the back here, helping herself to a drink.

Mohamed: Yeah, yeah, sure old man. Not really, we're just hanging out like friends. Anyway, can you believe this Thornton guy stole my food, right in front of me?

Mohamed: Yes, excactly! I suppose the only good thing about eating out sometimes is you won't have to do the dishes, huh!?

50908273237_fc529899b5_b.jpg

Mohamed: Hahaha, yeah! Anyway, it's getting late, I can almost hear the bed calling out my name.

Mohamed: Yeah, yeah, its cool, don't worry. Alright, good night old man! Yeah, good night!

50908142171_5b0086a8f0_b.jpg

Mohamed was obviously getting tired, so the narrator thought it best to say goodbye to Ranveig and go home and get some sleep. But then...

50908273212_8a0d5e9c75_b.jpg

Mohamed: Umm.. whats this? What's happening now?

Ranveig: Well, you just ran off without saying goodbye or dissolve the friend group, so I thought I was supposed to tag along...

...well, I tried to make him do that... but he ignored my 'command' and just ran off...

Mohamed: Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I'm getting tired and my mind must have slipped.. I'll drive you up to my place and drop you off there.

Ranveig: It's alright, mistakes happen. You must have a lot on your mind and it's been a really long day!

50908142156_05d833ed09_b.jpg

Outside Mohameds home in the New Town Area.

Ranveig: Thank you for tonight, its been a pleasure. I'm sorry about that guy stealing your food, we aren't all like that around here.

Mohamed: It's alright I guess, I'll square with him later. I had a good time with you today. I'll see you around later, good night!

50908142101_aa56b04bd7_b.jpg

Ranveig: Yeah, if you ever want to hang out, give me a call or send me a message, anytime. Ok, see you later, good night, take care!

And so ends this chapter about Deng and Mohamed. In spite of some unpleasant experiences with the towns elderly population and the occasional breakdown, Mohamed seems to be doing alright. And possibly he has found a trusted friend in Ranveig. Though, I have a few hopes for him. The first being that he will on his own accord seek professional help to deal with his haunting thoughts and memories, and that he, like Deng, will quit his criminal career.

I will get back to them both him and Deng at a later time, as well as the other refugees that came with them. For my next chapter I will introduce the Holm-Fredriksen family and another birthday party. Stay tuned.

@bekkasan Thank you for the comment and reading my story. Gnumo is a bad man indeed. Like his father, evil, greedy and power hungry.

Staying at the hospital can be a drag, but is not necessarily bad for Deng and Mohamed in the long run, as it does heal them a little bit every time.
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@Turjan:
    Got Tagger Interactions :o My My it is fantastic - don't know how i survived without it !!!
    THANKS soo much
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Decided to start a new Save in Hidden Springs, this time, playing as a Witch. Already she wants to have a Child; I'm going to wait until the house is a bit bigger
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)

@Tamijo awesome Greg gets appointed as lifetime settlement leader!

I love the fishing pictures, such a pretty place!

nice typewriter! so fitting! Did you find a retuner to have them auto write books? if so please share!

I'm happy to see Michiko still comes around to chat with Jenny!

I wanted to tell you of a mod about fishing, even though we like them to be autonomous, when I see 2 or more want to go fish anyway, I sometimes use the mod ask to fish, as they can stand near each other and have a chat at the same time. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=522673

@Sprottenham such a good funny update! :) I left comments at your place.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @GraceyManor Thanks! It may not be until next week though as I won't have time to play until Monday evening.
    Somethings tells me if Linda wanted to visit again, she could escape the security.
    Melanie is right, got to aim well if you don't want to drink it.
    Lol, Tiffany is going to be so mad.
    I don't think she actually despises him. They are fighting attraction, lol
    Great updates!

@HillyBeth The Covington's look nice.

@bekkasan Thank you. He'll probably reach it right around his birthday to elder.
    It was a nice wedding and the weather cooperated.
    Yeah, the unplayed households I do. I may help them out when I need to but usually they all do their own thing. That's why Christian was so much of a womanizer because SP kept breaking him up with every woman, lol
    You're welcome.
    Yeah, my Sims have to get things going before they die. I'm mostly keeping the age span lower as I want to see how the family changes over time.

@Karritz You're welcome.
    I hope to watch at least part of one tonight but not sure yet.

@DivaDoodle Tula didn't seem happy with the hotdogs.
    Tula was happy about Tristan though, lol

@Tamijo Sounds like a reasonable plan.
    Nice to hear things got a bit better for Michiko and her husband/friend.
    Food makes a difference.
    You're welcome
    That's good.
    Okay, I saw them but haven't replied over there yet. I fixed the mistake on this thread but still have to fix it on that thread.

@Sprottenham Probably a good idea so he doesn't get too hot.
    That sounds about right, lol
    I wonder why he's crying over the bowling alley.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited February 2021
    @DivaDoodle

Kassam uses an Eskin skin stone called Game, I use it when I want
    lighter skin tones.
    Thank you, I added him to the same lot as Gary, might add some more people there and
    just watch them.
    edited February 2021
    101 The Watcher Watches: Danny & Belinda <3 Monday <3

There is just something very wonderful about watching a Fairy Dance at Dawn! :smile:
    5jpQ4iJ.jpg
    WMp18Pf.jpg
    izbq3lF.jpg
    ZMXFi3c.jpg
    dlwuYbg.jpg
    ciWdPxd.jpg
    I watched him for an hour! He is just so Joyful! :D

''Victor, please I must speak with you!'' says Max
    cI2noaE.jpg

"Max do you notice how Watcher loves to watch me? I always try to look my best!"
    ihIVdmF.jpg

"She watches everyone, you'll soon get used to it. Now, Please be serious Victor,
    I want to tell you about my wonderful son, Quigley!"

"Oh! He is your son?! But that is wonderful Max!" says Victor
    gZYrxSP.jpg

Max doesn't like that the stereo is broken. He could fix it in a flash, but then remembers Victor needs to improve his skills.
    "If only I could tell him to improve his skills, like I can with my son! it would make my day!" thinks Max.
    UcN6vj0.jpg

"Victor, if you could be please stop joking around and be serious for a minute, the stereo needs fixing!" Max tries.
    kx3lHSl.jpg

But Victor wants to continue looking at Faelie.
    "Girls are so pretty." Victor thinks.
    He is already an Adult and has never had a girlfriend.
    "I devoted too much time playing pranks and dancing, I suppose." He tells me.
    fbq2X3n.jpg
    tbZbYqe.jpg
    3yhbtlH.jpg
    "Yes I should really get a girlfriend, all that kissing looks like fun! I'm missing out!" thinks Victor.

"oh yes, that miserable stereo!" he thinks
    7lH2y8t.jpg
    OQhiPRt.jpg
    aC1vIuZ.jpg
    jVDTKDE.jpg
    AcSYBYC.jpg

Quigley was about to play chess. He has a mood and doesn't want to go to school today.
    "You need to get going, young man!" says Belinda
    KoVlNds.jpg
    Beau watches from the kitchen window and hurries himself off to the school bus.

As soon as Victor arrives at work, he remembers why he likes his job so much!
    dkBLSyh.jpg
    epde4ML.jpg

But Watcher makes him maintain his fire engine and alarm before he is set free to have fun. Cabana Boi, is in the background coming out of the Stylist, he might have had the stylist design him a new towel. We can hope!
    nI29YuX.jpg
    gDhgYmy.jpg

"Hi there Victor! Care to fairy frolic?" says Ethereal
    'Well Sure!" says Victor
    4z2HZap.jpg
    sS2TQNS.jpg
    OOBeQ9M.jpg

Victor can't stop staring at Ethereal.
    "You're pretty!" Victor is such an eloquent speaker, a real charmer!
    tKcFAFI.jpg
    lD6ayPl.jpg
    "woo! but that is way too forward for me Victor!" Ethereal fibs.
    :D
    "Oh I'm sorry Ethereal! I got carried away!"

Ethereal likes him! she thinks he is just the cutest, and soon reconsiders.
    Besides she is a flirty little minx!
    WwbWr6y.jpg
    ZIApV1G.jpg
    and she won't let him alone.
    xLYVNwG.jpg

"I wish to kiss you, may I?" asks Victor, not wanting to be turned away again.
    qBfOpBK.jpg
    JEkiJhg.jpg
    ztkjvMF.jpg

imupPLryx.jpg
    Qie1yuH.jpg

With their flirting and smooching satisfied they take a pause, then Victor asks her to play football with him.
    9rxmqwF.jpg

"Gosh! I hope she didn't see this!" thinks Victor. these slidy poles can be tricky for a beginner!
    OI35rRI.jpg

''What a fun job!'' Victor thinks. "I sure picked out a great career for myself!"
    UiX3gVY.jpg
    Watcher hopes things work out for Victor!

Danny gets off work from his Mad Scientist job. Looks like he is still happy with the outfit and hair he picked out for himself!
    He was thinking about his wonderful Belinda all the way home!
    4bMsgK1.jpg
    En8js2P.jpg

Belinda stops playing with the virtual reality game as soon as Danny steps foot on the lot, and approaches, to flirt with her husband.
    gbh5szL.jpg

All it takes is one flirt and they are irresistible to each other!
    MgyZcOq.jpg
    aZBUiXQ.jpg
    They are so in love!
    BpbGdNk.jpg

Quigley aren't you going to do your homework?
    "Not yet, Watcher. I still have a mood, and all I could do was just stare at Fern, all day in class." He tells me
    Ug6XzZM.jpg
    He reads ''Out of the Wastelands of your Heart." excellent book for a mopey teen! :D

"Mom, I couldn't concentrate at school today.'' Quigley says. He needs to talk it out, as all these powerful emotions are just too much to bare alone.
    ll9N37Q.jpg

"Oh dear boy, we all have those days" says Faelie, reassuringly.
    Fac97Sr.jpg

"No seriously Mom, all I could do was stare at Fern in class, and think about asking her to marry me!"
    rOFvk0T.jpg

"We love each other and don't think there is any reason to wait to have a wedding." poor Quigley is so full of love and angst!
    iQgPeoI.jpg

"I know what it's like to be so in love, Quigley. And to want that final commitment,
    and to hear those wedding bells, my son." says Faelie.
    LAdSMVF.jpg

"I would like your blessing to ask her, Mom. I already have the wish to propose." Quigley wants his parents blessing but he thinks even if he doesn't get it, he might have to go ahead, without it! he has never felt so serious about anything in his life so far!
    3h4gSqW.jpg

"You're very young to have that wish, son, this may mean something more than we know.
    I think you need to ask Dad what he thinks, as all of us need to be on board with your wedding bells thoughts, and wishes.'' says Faelie gently.
    RTmb9DL.jpg
    "ok Mom, I can wait until I at least speak with Dad."
    8vGLoqe.jpg

"Bébé you need to practice your skills! says Faelie
    yRYKoDW.jpg
    lD4OlFk.jpg
    "Well that was interesting!" says Faelie
    BodvV8H.jpg
    "Kids! they are so creative!" says Belinda

I check on Victor, to see if a fire will alarm, or anything dire has happened in town.

rV4nmYC.jpg
    ''You're a lovely dancer, Ethereal" says Victor.
    23cYUTr.jpg
    Ethereal's heart skips a beat, she Loves guys that wink!
    "No guys Ever wink in this town! Only cute Texan men wink, isn't that so watcher?"
    Yes it is so.
    kVrgYv1.jpg
    "He is so cute!" she tells me.

Ethereal has said she would stay over.
    "That is music to my ears" says Victor
    zgbm0xM.jpg

Max has been busy researching, so Quigley hasn't had a chance to speak with him yet.
    He doesn't know what to do with himself.
    He decides to write Fern a love letter.
    UiWqR7Z.jpg
    SYlVz7h.jpg

But this just makes him miss her more!
    It has been 4 solid hours since he has seen her!
    He takes off!
    BlYsw2X.jpg
    "please come over Fern, I want you near me in our home."
    3CzGr1I.jpg

When Quigley lacks the option to ask her to stay, Danny comes to the rescue. He has never seen a boy so love sick.
    ''Good ol' Danny, is just so Great!" thinks Quigley
    Xy1LRuY.jpg

When Max finishes his research he and Faelie decide to sleep in the outdoor lounge bed, that makes music. Danny did such a fine job making it!
    "We like to see the stars from this comfortable spot." Max tells me.

This frees up their bed.
    PDRAQ9O.jpg

Poor Victor is quite perplexed.
    "There is the pretty girl, but this isn't my room." he sulks
    Aujxpex.jpg
    Then heads to sleep in his fairy house.

As the crickets cheep, Danny suddenly awakens.
    He thinks of Beau and Bebe, then of Quigley's love madness.
    "Why do they grow up so fast?" he thinks
    He heads to the rocking chair, to watch over his children.
    fJ7ft99.jpg

" I like to make sure they have good dreams" he says
    tgqwlon.jpg

Good ol' Danny.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited February 2021
    Just two very short comments (the rest will have to wait till later).

@Tamijo I'm glad you like Tagger. I think it's indispensable if you want to keep an eye on what actually happens in your whole town.

@Karritz Thank you. Btw, I always switch off tourists from Oasis Landing. Not only do I find them jarring, but those effects nearly crash my game :lol: . Also, if you hide the portal in an inventory, the game will just spawn a new one if it thinks it needs it.
    As an aside: Lately, I find the music on your videos a tad bit too loud at times, which makes it hard to listen to the narration. But who knows, maybe, I'm the only one :wink:

Sorry, more comments will have to wait.

kAERG0x.jpg
    Also, does anyone happen to have the number of pest control?
    :wink:
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    What am I doing with my life? :(
    Broke10Khrs_02-02-2021.png
    Broke the 10K just before my 4th Anniversary with the forums. :D:mrgreen:

I think one can safely say you know Haruo and River inside and out :D

Congratulations on 10 000 hours!
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @ZhakiraP - yup...I guess so. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited February 2021
    [Deleted]
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited February 2021
    [Deleted]
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited February 2021
    I totally forgot how to do a list of tags on my tumblr. :D I have them from before but can't remember how I did it.

Figured it out LOL
    I got followers. :o
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited February 2021
    Before I get to comments, just a few updates.

I decided to play out the Alto's until the birth went through. Carly wanted to play a game with Jareth, so I let them.
    oUIgl5E.jpg
    Of course, they were more in the mood for cuddling and romantic exchanges.
    yWigCNM.jpg
    The wiki claims a sunlight charm would break a midlife crisis, so I sent Rowan over to apply one. He added a good luck charm for good measure.
    7ya2AWB.jpg
    While the sunlight charm clearly applied, there wasn't any effect. Either the wiki is wrong or a mod broke it (I just used MC instead). Rowan grasped the chance to use the house's indoor pool.
    lmtoRv3.jpg
    Did I mention both Carly and Jareth are slobs? :lol:
    VijvPT4.jpg
    Jareth and his son Elvis really don't get along.
    X5Pnr4b.jpg
    Yes, "Cliff"'s real name is Elvis. I don't know how I could forget that. I guess that shows how much I care :lol: . He would sit all day in front of the TV if he could. Anyway, Carly came to the rescue.
    2VWxlbk.jpg
    I then sent Elvis out of the way. Shonda's parents (Bayless in Space!!!) went to some pool with her, so I sent Elvis over. Now Shonda and Elvis could suffer together under the cruel sun, with winds messing with their perfect hair, crawling bugs everywhere and that awful bird noise around them. Despite all that adversity, they persevered.
    uJtZUS7.jpg
    2MUYBVT.jpg
    My heroes!
    Carly and Jareth were finally undisturbed (I had Jareth work out a bit).
    JSoYnvD.jpg
    Unfortunately, Jareth had to leave for work just before the baby was due. I had Carly's mom Dahlia accompany her, which turned out to be a mistake.
    XwK6yfd.jpg
    Both, Carly and Jareth, had wished for a girl. They got one, but also a boy in addition to that. Yay?
    ijkk8KL.jpg
    The return home bugged out (Carly took a taxi with one baby, Jareth and Dahlia waited with the other one in the car. When Carly arrived at home she started to walk with the baby back up the hill to the hospital. I just reset the lot to get them home).
    Anyway, here we have the little ones.
    cInNaOW.jpg
    8lr0JAJ.jpg
    Now it was high time to get back to Rowan and Spiros.
    Post edited by Turjan on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top