Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kind of annoyed at the scared emotion

Anyone else isn't crazy about the new scared emotion? If you don't play the new stuff pack, the sims just get scares for dumb reasons and start screaming at others. I rather have them go back to being tense in some cases.

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I actually barely noticed the emotion existed until I started playing in a haunted residential. :#
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Not really. I found it pretty good in normal situations. Like I had a sim get scared after being terrorized by some kinda bug 😂I thought it was pretty funny/realistic. I would definitely be scared tense wouldn't be enough. And I had a few other similar situations but no sims screaming at eachother or going crazy with fear outside of the haunted house.

It was more like a passive fear which I like.

What kind of situations are you referring to?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    outside the stuff pack my sims barely get scared
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I love them. XD Haven't had sims be too scared unless on a haunted lot.

Though I do see that they do get scared from thunderstorms and you can see townies running in the rain in fear to get out of it which I LOVE. The fear emotion seems to come up when appropriate and not overly empowering. Child sim gets scared from monster under the bed.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I haven't started playing with the paranormal content yet and i barely noticed the new emotion.

In a thunderstorm day my sims got scared instead of tense but they just run inside as they usually did and haven't screamed incoherently or at each other or did anything out of normal...

My kids also act as they did before when they feel a monster in their beds but i think it's much more adequate to be scared at it then it was to be tense.

I'm pretty happy with the scared emotion overall.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited February 2021
    only annoyed when my vampires wake up from hibernation cause they live in haunted house and get scared like eh come on I'm sure he doesn't care how cursed it is around him while he snooz

better get him brave trait i guess

didnt really have sims even get scared minus the new pack tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »

Lucky you, my sims get scares of swimming, get scared of lighting, get scared of monsters under the bed and just end up running around an screaming at everyone else in the household. I would like the emotion more if they didn't do that because of some lighting strikes.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Vik wrote: »

Lucky you, my sims get scares of swimming, get scared of lighting, get scared of monsters under the bed and just end up running around an screaming at everyone else in the household. I would like the emotion more if they didn't do that because of some lighting strikes.

of swimming? didn't know sims could get scared of swimming, is it for the mermaids? as for the other situations you mentioned, i don't play with kids so i don't see any monster under the bed, and so far there have been barely no thunderstorms (i'm playing on Forgotten Hollow, dunno if weather there is meant to be so dry lol). also i get use of mods like ui cheats extension, which means i can right click any moodlet that annoys me and it gets removed, if you're on pc and not against mods i recommend you this one, it really makes gameplay a lot better :)
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

What traits do the sims you're talking about have? Like is it every sim you play with, or only certain ones?

I haven't played the game in a little while since I've been busy adding builds from the gallery in a new save file, so I can't speak from experience. But, to be fair, I find a lot of these fears realistic personally. I'm very afraid of lightning in real life and terrified of the dark too.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    The only Sims that I've seen get scared are the Roswells and the Sigworths. They did it at the Romance Festival and again in a restaurant that I was testing. So far, none of my own Sims have gotten scared. Maybe it depends on skills or aspirations. Most of my Sims have Knowledge or Nature aspirations and decent skill levels. I hope it doesn't get nerfed. I want to see it.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Anyone else isn't crazy about the new scared emotion? If you don't play the new stuff pack, the sims just get scares for dumb reasons and start screaming at others. I rather have them go back to being tense in some cases.

I still need to experiment the fear emotion. Annoying? pff, as i said, since the update, nothing for me. I dont think people is going to go crazy for something that barely exists in the game unless you force it.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I had a weird moment when I had cheated away the "Child of the ocean" traits on my Sims (I had planned to make them mermaids then chose not to so I made them Active instead) while for abut two or three Sim days after that they were terrified of being close to the ocean. Probably a coincidence, but a very fitting one :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited February 2021
    I love TS4. But I think many would agree that one of its biggest flaws is the fact that too much emphasis has been put on emotions and most traits have no real impact on how a Sim acts and reacts in game. A big trait overhaul would be great, but I don't know how realistic that is at this point. That's why I was and am still excited about the addition of the scared/terrified emotion. It really impacts your gameplay in a way that cannot as easily be overpowered by a a couple of nice paintings and a potted plant in your Sims' vicinity. As an example, yesterday I was playing a Paranormal Investigator and she had an Expert gig at the house of the Roswell family. I switched to another household (living in a penthouse in San Myshuno) the next day and it happened that one of the Sims in the household was friends with Meredith Roswell. As is the case with penthouses, she had friends showing up all day and Meredith was the 3rd one to stop by. Since Meredith was still in recovery from the events of the night, she arrived at the house terrified and started screaming at everyone. I could go into more detail, but at some point I just had 5 Sims taking turns running around like headless chickens and cowering in fear. It was unexpected, completely interrupted what I had planned for that day ... and it was entertaining and awesome. These events you can't schedule and can't plan for make the game more interesting and lifelike to me. So after playing several saves and households since this emotion was introduced I can decidedly say that I don't want them to change anything about it.

By the way, you can place the 'Defender Wall Light' close to your Sim childrens' bed and they won't be disturbed by the monster under the bed. Just in case this is news to anyone.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Its realistic at the fact that kids get scared of the monster under their bed instead of just tense 🤣 and vampires getting scared of daylight when they dont have the sun resistance power maxed out, my vampire sim can go out in daylight but one of her vampire friends ran in her house terrified lol, this might stop vampires burning to death in daylight spontaneously, if they are actually running in doors now because they are scared

Edit: her vampire friend just ran terrified right pass her while my sim was walking in the hall to greet her 🤣🤣
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Are there cheats to give you more aspiration points? My only complaint is that the brave trait, like the storm chaser trait, is rather expensive and makes it impossible to create in CAS a vampire who isn't scared of ghosts or a mermaid who isn't afraid of the storms she summons. If there's a way to cheat those points so I can get those traits easily when creating those types of characters, that would take away pretty much all of my complaints. The emotion itself hasn't done anything in my game yet because it is always overpowered (my paranoid sim has it overpowered by his joy at being in a basement, which seems right actually as he's supposed to feel safer there).
    Oh, and while I'm asking about cheats, is there a way to cheat out the fear of the ocean? I have one sim for whom it is completely inappropriate and it's driving me nuts. The scared emotion isn't going to improve that.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Daephene wrote: »
    Are there cheats to give you more aspiration points? My only complaint is that the brave trait, like the storm chaser trait, is rather expensive and makes it impossible to create in CAS a vampire who isn't scared of ghosts or a mermaid who isn't afraid of the storms she summons. If there's a way to cheat those points so I can get those traits easily when creating those types of characters, that would take away pretty much all of my complaints. The emotion itself hasn't done anything in my game yet because it is always overpowered (my paranoid sim has it overpowered by his joy at being in a basement, which seems right actually as he's supposed to feel safer there).
    Oh, and while I'm asking about cheats, is there a way to cheat out the fear of the ocean? I have one sim for whom it is completely inappropriate and it's driving me nuts. The scared emotion isn't going to improve that.

Yes type sims.give_satisfaction_points then type the number of the amount you need, only use a space before typing the numbers of amount, for example sims.give_satisfaction_points 8000 @Daephene
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Thanks @Nikkih ! That's a big help!
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I love the new emotion!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Daephene wrote: »

Yes type sims.give_satisfaction_points then type the number of the amount you need, only use a space before typing the numbers of amount, for example sims.give_satisfaction_points 8000 @Daephene

I automatically used this cheat and gave several sims the brave trait who I didn't want scared of everything. I love it. Helps make sims a bit more distinguished that way too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Anyone else notice fear taking a toll on their Sims' bladders? :D
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I actually barely noticed the emotion existed until I started playing in a haunted residential. :#

Same here it’s only when my sim used a seance table I finally got the scared moodlet in my game.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    so far the only thing that scared my sims is the scarecrow. i put him in game for the first time. my firsst generation legacy couple almost peed themselves. i guuess the scarecrow is more terrifying than raising 7 kids.