Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need roofs above platforms

LiverickLiverick Posts: 50 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would like to suggest a new addition to the Build mode. Roofs above platforms; I tried to build a tiny house and came across a limitation of the game that I had no idea existed (before that). The roof just wasn't above the platform, it was above the level of the ceiling, as it would normally be in any house and the platform stood there looking at me with a "Hehe ... I don't have to carry roofs above me" face. With everything we already have, I think this would be a simple and useful addition. Or at least that we could raise or lower the roof regardless of the walls. That would be a great idea too!

I leave this reference image, as if the right foot of the trailer was actually a platform;
8693658-3x2-xlarge.jpg?v=3

liberation-tiny-homes-exterior-1200x600.jpg
What do you think of this addition @ehaught58 ?

Comments

• ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Roofing in the Sims 4 in general is just soo hard to work with, its almost impossible to get the roof to look natural. They need more roof styles and a better way to stop them from clipping into the inside of builds!
  • LiverickLiverick Posts: 50 Member
    Yes!! With the recent addition of the latest expansion of the penturated chains, they could give us the chance to shape the roof so that we could build gutters too! It's something that we can do in The Sims 2 with personalized content and that would super combine with the idea of the chains that came with Snow Escape