Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Found Out Why Kittens Won’t Age Up!

It seems to be a problem with the age-up animation. In cases where they do the animation, like with the treat or auto-age, it won’t work. However, if you try through a means that doesn’t require an animation, like for kittens in other households or through MCCC, they’ll age up just fine!

So basically, if you want your kitten to age up, you must use the “set age” command in MCCC or move your kitten to another lot until they age up.

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @SimGuruNinja I’m tagging you because you’ve responded to tags in the past. Could you please work with the team to fix the animation so that the kittens can age up again?
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Yes, please!!
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    edited February 2021
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oh I have a kitten in my game currently that seems to be not ageing. I thought I was just being impatient. :D
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Not only kittens but baby dogs also aren't aging 😔
    @telmarina Did you try using an age-up treat?
    edited February 2021
    Simtown15 wrote: »

No, i haven't yet. I was waiting for them to age naturally, as i don't use other ways of aging in my regular play, but they never aged. Both the baby cat and dog, adopted in the same day, are babies for about a sim month now, in normal lifespan...
    telmarina wrote: »

No, i haven't yet. I was waiting for them to age naturally, as i don't use other ways of aging in my regular play, but they never aged. Both the baby cat and dog, adopted in the same day, are babies for about a sim month now, in normal lifespan...

Oh wow! The dog too?! That’s strange... maybe try using an age up treat, then quit without saving and tell me what happened.
    telmarina wrote: »

Oh wow! The dog too?! That’s strange... maybe try using an age up treat, then quit without saving and tell me what happened.

I'm not sure when i'll have time to play but when i do i'll try this. Thanks for the tip.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    That was one of the reasons i did stop housholding any pets. I love cats, but i just cant endure so much nonsense and broken behaviours in this game with them. Also, its so frikkin hard to interact with them, and impossible to keep up in the moment you have more than three or four pets with other three or four kittens, unless you block them out of most of the rooms. Its annoying because you cant interact with them in most situations. And frustrating. I would love to have just one cat going around in my household, but ive been trying in Bridgleton bay to interact with a cat and its just impossible lol. I want them to go around and eat without adopting them, but not possible.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I ended up giving my kitten the age up treat. I definitely wasn't being impatient. It was a kitten for a long time.
  • simcreator529simcreator529 Posts: 11 New Member
    that is the most annoying glitch thank god you fixed it