Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone still play The Sims: Bustin' Out?

NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
edited June 2023 in The Sims (2000)
My favorite of the Sims console games is Bustin' Out. So much cool stuff, and I have completed all the goals in the game a few times. However, the GameCube version (what I play) has one object that can only be unlocked with the GameBoy Advanced port of Bustin' Out.

My favorite part of the game was all the adventure that could be had with all the goals and locations, and of course, the man-eating mutant plant and rocket gnomes. However, the Feng Shui meter that limited the amount of stuff you could buy was less than desired (better than the Fire Code of The Sims 2 console though). So many hours of fun and frustration just to complete 150+ goals and seven career paths.

If The Sims 4 came out with a Bustin' Out DLC and/or stuff pack, I would be all over it. Do any other Simmers out there play Bustin' Out, or have any memories of the game that they would like to share?
Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    I've never tried it. I saw it at a Goodwill once and was tempted to get it but I didn't. Did I make a mistake by not getting it?
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Bustin' Out was one of my favorite games to play on my ps2 as a kid. I miss playing it! I'll probably start playing it again once I get a new tv, just for the memories. I never did finish the game.. :hushed:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    The Sims: Bustin' Out was one of my favorite games as well, on console it is my second favorite Sims game right after The Urbz. I remember one time my sim was captured by aliens. I didn't notice his attributes change after the abduction because I didn't know about it but I noticed him acting differently. He had become mean and untidy! It was funny and annoying at the same time. I thought the aliens had made my sim an evil clone and returned the clone instead of my sim. :)
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    My all time favorite part (spoiler alert) is when you unlock a robot and get it to attack the game's main antagonist, Malcolm Landgrabb. The robot shocks him, and Malcolm then proceeds to wet his pants. You also unlock §5000.

I have completed the entire game 100% about 3-5 times in my life.

I am currently in the process of a YouTube Let's Play series on Bustin' Out. I can't post links for the time being, but look up "SariaFan93 Plays The Sims: Bustin' Out" to see the videos. Having a busy outside life, I can't do all the videos in one big swoop.
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I love all the earlier sim games for the console (just not the sims 3 series of the game for the console). I did have them, lost them, got them again, and lost those again. I have finally managed to get most of them back again. But back to the subject of Bustin' Out. I really like that one a lot. One of my best memories playing the game was a few years back, when my boys were still little guys. My husband had lost his job, his plant shut down and all those jobs went to China. As a result of him not finding work we ended up staying in a shelter for about 4 months. Since my kids were too little to leave on their own, and it was summer. I remember after they would settle down for the night, I would play Bustin' Out, and for those brief period of times I could escape from all the worries of what I was dealing with at the time.

One thing I always do when I play that game, before I would send my sim out away from Mom's house, I would always max out every single skill. This way I didn't have to worry, or struggle to complete each level. The last time I did this, I managed to get all the skills completed in 4 days, a personal record for me. The coolest thing about Mom's house was when ever my sim needed a rest, I would send my sim there for a work free vacation.
  • EmmaJaneEmmaJane Posts: 4 New Member
    The Sims Bustin' Out was the first sims game I played, that was about 10 years ago! That game is very near and dear to my heart, it was such a fun game and I would 100% recommend it to anyone!
  • nathan909090nathan909090 Posts: 124 Member
    Yes I love it
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I've got all the xbox games but no xbox now alas. I'm hoping Microsoft might bring at least one of them to their legacy game list for the new xbox x coming out in November 2017.
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Well... today my man came back from his parents with a flatscreen TV from 2011. Why you ask? AV!!! We were finally able to play on our old consoles! He played on his GameCube and I fired up the PS2 and played the Urbz all day. I had wanted to play Bustin' Out because it was indeed my favourite Sims console game, but The Urbz was 'new' for me, I never played it before.

When I was little I was crazy about Mimi's and I never got to Malcolms Mansion, I just stayed in the houses I liked. The Goths being the worst for me lol! However two years ago I had a skart/AV adapter and had a chance to play as well and finally for the first time in my life finished the game.

To be honest I don't feel much for the Sims 4 console version yet, but if it's anything like Bustin' Out or The Urbz I might become more enthusiastic!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I saw the little new and my brain read this as "anyone play the new bustin out" I was like whaaaaaat
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I spent so many hours on that game as a kid, I never managed to complete it though :disappointed:

I recently bought a PS2 (they're so cheap these days) and some of my old favourites including Bustin' Out and although I've only played it a couple of times, I've been enjoying it just as much as I did many years ago :joy:

Hopefully I'll get to the end this time around
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    I've replayed Bustin' out quite a few times, I'd say my favourite part is the synthesiser music

> @NewbieSimmer said:
    > My all time favorite part (spoiler alert) is when you unlock a robot and get it to attack the game's main antagonist, Malcolm Landgrabb. The robot shocks him, and Malcolm then proceeds to wet his pants. You also unlock §5000.
    >

From what I know you can complete that mission in a variety of ways including forcing him to listen to a screaming baby, apparently they're so annoying even the antagonist is willing to pay you to make them quiet. Heh heh.
  • heathere6025heathere6025 Posts: 3 New Member
    Reading everyone expierences on this game really makes me want to play it again. I also just stayed at Mimi's house! Lol. I'm going to have to go and search for it tomorrow so I can play again.
  • Zango11Zango11 Posts: 133 Member
    Aww, I absolutely loved Sims Bustin Out. I remember I was very young at the time (about 7 years old) and my dad brought me to Xtra Vision to rent out a new game for the Xbox. As I was looking through the games, I chose Bustin Out as it was for 7+ and my love for the Sims was born. I think I played it that much that week, my dad went and bought it for me. Although at the time I didn't really understand what the game was, I just loved changing outfits and making them do stuff :D )

I played Bustin Out for years after and very sadly said goodbye to it when my Xbox finally died about seven years ago. I've always threatened to buy an old Xbox just to play this one game!
  • DatRandomSimmerDatRandomSimmer Posts: 59 Member
    Oh man I played bustin out on ps2 and Gameboy advance and I still do it's ok you can call me addicted
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    yes,i still play Bustin'Out on my old ps2,it's a lot of fun
  • quainttreasurequainttreasure Posts: 2 New Member
    > @NewbieSimmer said:
    > My all time favorite part (spoiler alert) is when you unlock a robot and get it to attack the game's main antagonist, Malcolm Landgrabb. The robot shocks him, and Malcolm then proceeds to wet his pants. You also unlock §5000.
    >
    > I have completed the entire game 100% about 3-5 times in my life.
    >
    > I am currently in the process of a YouTube Let's Play series on Bustin' Out. I can't post links for the time being, but look up "SariaFan93 Plays The Sims: Bustin' Out" to see the videos. Having a busy outside life, I can't do all the videos in one big swoop.

You seem to know a lot about Bustin' Out, maybe you can help me... I killed Chase. Well, if we're getting technical he killed himself, but I definitely didn't stop it from happening. Anyway now I'm at Pixel Acres and I'm not sure about how to complete the goal of getting Chase to "Tell Secrets". My friend and I are currently attempting to befriend Ying and see if she'll do it instead, but she keeps seducing my husband so we're not doing great as friends. Is there any point continuing this endeavour or should we hang our heads in shame and give up on the 100% dream?
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I played this on GameCube, GBA (GameBoy Advance) and DS. I mostly played on GBA and DS. I also played The Urbz but only on GBA and DS. I did not like the GameCube version (returned it about a week after I bought it).
  • SimmerwithaZSimmerwithaZ Posts: 3 New Member
    Its 2021 and yes i just had the ultimate nostalgia playing it
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I still have both Bustin' Out and The Urbz for my GameBoy Advance. I still love them and still play them too! <3

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    I've been meaning to pick it up. I recently purchased a memory card for my PS2, and a save of Bustin' Out had not been wiped from the card.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Anyone with a newer PlayStation or Xbox know if Bustin' Out or any of the older ones are backwards compatible? If not I hope they end up making them backwards compatible one day.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Bustin Out is what got me into The Sims. There is a user who has rebuilt the lots from the game for TS4. I think their name is Sims4fan2000.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Anyone with a newer PlayStation or Xbox know if Bustin' Out or any of the older ones are backwards compatible? If not I hope they end up making them backwards compatible one day.

Don't think my PS4 is backwards compatible at all. Think PS3 could play 2, 3 and 4 games, and seriously wish I would've done that...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top