Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT'S 2021 AND I'M STILL BUYING STUFF FROM THE SIMS 3 STORE

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
@lolchick101 I hope you can do it. It took me two or three years to purchase all store worlds. I don't play them very much, but they are lovely.

I think we need a new version of this thread: "IT'S 2021 AND I'M STILL BUYING STUFF FROM THE SIMS 3 STORE"
And yeah, I bought some stuff for my sims this January.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Haven't bought anything recently from the store, but I have my eyes on... Dragon Valley... GOLD.
https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-3/addon/the-sims-3-dragon-valley-gold-edition

But first of all I found out that I have to have the Duke of Bows venue in order to be certain of being able to get a black dragon. Sigh all these interlocking purchases that have to be made.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    EA be like:
    13r0sCi.gif
  • lolchick101lolchick101 Posts: 11 New Member
    I just broke down and bought 5, 000 points. RIP wallet
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    My condolences, @lolchick101
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    Whenever i go on the sims 3 store its always down for maintenance lol. Thought it had been shut down for good.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I still buy.But I really try to refrain from buying more points lol.Just spent most of my points tonight 😹
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I just bought something yesterday from the Daily Deal that I didn't have yet. And I thought I had everything that I wanted.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I was a bit upset because the Daily Deal had lots and lots of things I was going to buy. XD
    There are some stuff I want, I might splurge on some stuff for my sims later this year.

@Nikkei_Simmer Dragon Valley is a great world. It's very cute and well-made. I watched Onward a few weeks ago and I felt like playing in DV using the film as reference.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    There's way too much to buy. :D I'll probably wait on getting the full store, but go for a few venues and things that I've wanted that will come in useful in my games.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • xxcrazyskittlesxxxxcrazyskittlesxx Posts: 16 Member
    I have bought a few things.
  • lolchick101lolchick101 Posts: 11 New Member
    Its so annoying that the make me a offer feature makes offers that you cant even afford
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    My last purchase was the bundle with Tea Set on it
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    Its so annoying that the make me a offer feature makes offers that you cant even afford

I’m annoyed that make me an offer tries to sell me gold versions of worlds I already got and the venue that makes it gold as well ?!?
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    LOL, you are silly.

I haven't gotten anything from the store since last month. :tongue: I had some points left and wanted the Christmas dress for my selfsim. It look as good in 2021 as it did when it was first made. There's no reason not to buy things from the store in 2021 if you want the stuff. It's not like the items have been eaten by moths or anything.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Make me an offer sometimes offers me stuff I already own.XD and only 1 piece I don't own lol.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Whenever i go on the sims 3 store its always down for maintenance lol. Thought it had been shut down for good.

Try going to the store from your MyPage.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited February 2021
    I can't buy anything I want because I only have 11 points and can't buy anymore(points) and there are no-longer ads to watch. I have my eye on a few sets for certain items in the sets but wouldn't be able to get them separately anyway.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I would love to buy some of the sims 3 stuff i don't have but i have used up my sim points and it annoys me that almost everything is still full price for an old game
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited April 2021
    I would love to buy some of the sims 3 stuff i don't have but i have used up my sim points and it annoys me that almost everything is still full price for an old game

EA knows that as old as Sims 3 is, it has a diehard fanbase, some of which still need to collect something, and that when someone new becomes a fan they can get them to drop hundreds of dollars.

I would even argue that the price tag on some store items is high even if Sims 3 were the current.

They remain because they get paid.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png