Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 CAS in Development?

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
Today we got two new job opportunities that Maxis has posted related to The Sims 5. The first one (Senior CAS Artist) both further confirms that we are indeed talking about a whole new Sims Game and that a brand new Create A Sim is in the works.

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2021
    "Knowledge of popular Sims Community mods and Custom Content". Hopefully this means that the sims5 will have mod support (which also means that you can probably play the game offline).

"Participating in Subscription services"... maybe they plan to offer CAS content through EA Play. Who knows, maybe they are considering something like a Steam Workshop, where you can subscribe for new content and it gets updated automatically.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yikes! Don't like the sounds of that, what if they're planning on having only mod/cc support available for people who pay for the subscription. I seriously wouldn't put it past them, the mod community is a big driving force as to why people are still goo-goo-gaga over TS4. What better way to make sure their subscription service is viable by locking mods/cc behind it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yikes! Don't like the sounds of that, what if they're planning on having only mod/cc support available for people who pay for the subscription. I seriously wouldn't put it past them, the mod community is a big driving force as to why people are still goo-goo-gaga over TS4. What better way to make sure their subscription service is viable by locking mods/cc behind it.

Bethesda did that with their Fallout 4 mods. They released paid mods through a subscription service. It was a PR disaster. The few modders that released content on it ended up releasing their mods for free.

But I'm pretty sure EA would want nothing to do with that, it would be too much trouble for them to keep the modders paid and mods updated. I mean...they can barely support the game when it's running without mods. And they are not going to have a paid subscription service where they take no responsibility for what people upload on it.
    Post edited by logion on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Excited by and participating
    in new business/distribution
    models like Subscription services
    and cross platform games

I would absolutely love a Switch version.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2021
    Excited by and participating
    in new business/distribution
    models like Subscription services
    and cross platform games

Ok Im not *for* multiplayer per se, but not against it either. But it sounds so cute to play the sims with my little sister on the switch!. And having cross platform would be nice. I wouldn't mind a subscription fee for multiplayer options but would not pay for any for any singleplayer gameplay. I already do Minecraft Realms which is subscription based but singleplayer you own.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • anezianezi Posts: 1 New Member
    I actually wonder how much of the hype around CAS is highly dependent upon mod and cc usage? Like if the clothes and hair options weren't as wide, how do you think the whole personalized aspect of the Sims would be valued?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2021
    Thanks for the update. I'm curious (because I don't know) what the following things mean when describing the job requirements for the creative designer? What do the terms UXR, XD, CMR and Gate, and Lotus development mean? lol Those terms might give us more insight (or at least me) what direction they are going since they seem to be the requirements for a creative designer (second job posting they talked about). (Working with those stated).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Same!!! I would love a switch port!!
    Nice of you to share with us sims 5 related stuff even if you arent personally interested in it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2021
    logion wrote: »
    "Knowledge of popular Sims Community mods and Custom Content". Hopefully this means that the sims5 will have mod support (which also means that you can probably play the game offline).

"Participating in Subscription services"... maybe they plan to offer CAS content through EA Play. Who knows, maybe they are considering something like a Steam Workshop, where you can subscribe for new content and it gets updated automatically.

Does that service pay players for their creations? I think I read something about EA being interested in perhaps bringing something like that to their games, where other players buy other players' stuff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Same!!! I would love a switch port!!
    Nice of you to share with us sims 5 related stuff even if you arent personally interested in it.

I'm interested. 😄 Just not as much as those who are unhappy with or tired of Sims 4.