Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they added Genies, what abilities would you want them to have?

So I really enjoyed Genies in TS3 and I hope they make a return in TS4.

I’m curious though to see what other people think and if you have any wishes (see what I did there?) for what they should be able to do?

Comments

• YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2021
    I always prefered genies as npcs that you could get in the lamp and ask wishes that could end up giving you what you wanted or getting something you didn't bargain for XD I think it was like that in TS1? I dont really want genies as playable occults, in TS3 I never really played with them, so I don't even know what powers could they have.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    I always prefered genies as npcs that you could get in the lamp and ask wishes that could end up giving you what you wanted or getting something you didn't bargain for XD I think it was like that in TS1? I dont really want genies as playable occults, in TS3 I never really played with them, so I don't even know what powers could they have.

I agree. I LOVED the genies in sims 1 and 2. I had a lamp at all the houses i played.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i never played ts3 version of genies but played ts2 console & ts1. if i remember correctly, they weren't really a playable occult but rather some kind of npc, they granted wishes for the sims but most of the time they would just trick them instead. if we happen to not get playable genies then at least i'd love to see this npc like version return to ts4. it was always fun to see what happened to my sims with them lol
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    @Yautjagirl in TS3, there was a genie lamp just like in TS1&2 but you also had the option to use one of your wishes to “Free the Genie” which would make them playable.

Playable genies couldn’t grant wishes, but they did have some abilities, such as

“Ensorcel Sim” which let you temporarily take control of someone not in your household.

“Banish Sim” they’d just vanish for a bit

“Make house spotless and shiny” this would instantly clean everything in the house and add a sparkle effect.

“Summon food”

“Magically clean Sim”

They weren’t nearly as useful when freed, but ensorcel was fun.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Picture this: There's a genie lamp you can find/purchase with points/be given. Rubbing it will release the genie inside, who will grant you three wishes. Those wishes can either be granted as the sim wants, or fail and mess them up. Releasing the genie adds them to your household. Nothing new so far.

But when they're played, they can grant wishes. They can choose if they want to grant a wish properly, or if they make a wish with a dark twist. Either way every wish they grant successfully will give them experience. They have a perk tree that will increase the amount of wishes they can grant, influence their wishing success rate, and maybe some other perks like turning the lower half of their body into smoke, teleportation, the ability to turn others into genies, etc. This is balanced by having an magic meter, so you can't just make a bunch of genies and spam wishes until you're a billionaire. More experienced genies can get perks that allow them to grant more wishes. Further, they can only grant one sim a single wish a day.

So now you can play as a genie, granting wishes or sewing chaos all across the sim world.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Some genies are known to twist wishes, like wishing someone back from the dead turns that sim from a ghost into a zombie, the most popular wishes are Power aka turn into a Genie, Money aka motherlode cheat, Fame aka instant fame, Love aka beguile and Raising someone back from the dead aka dedeathify.
    @temporalgod to be honest, the idea of twisted wishes sounds more fun to me that straight up game-breaking wishes :D

Might be cool too if, when you use your third wish, the genie is set free and the wishmaker becomes a genie (trapped in the lamp until summoned).
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    they would play similarly to spellcasters but with some wishing well stuff to mix things up.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would like genies to be able to make other Sims Happy.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Oh I just had an idea - I’d love it if the lamp item gave you the option of going inside if you have high enough relationship with the genie and it takes you to a unique lot
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think it would be nice if there were degrees to how the wishes were fulfilled based on your relationship with the genie. If you have a good relationship, when you ask for money you get 5000 simoleons, but if you have a bad relationship you receive 50 simoleons. After they are released, you should be able to add them to your household and maybe they could do stuff instantly, like cooking, cleaning, gardening, fixing stuff, etc.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Yes I want them, they were my unexpected favourite in TS3, i want them to have all the abilities they have in TS3 (and more!)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited January 2021
    Can I have more than 3 wishes? 😆

The thought of genie reminds me a lot of Aladin, the cave of wonders, flying carpet, & Abu!

This may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but, I would love if it comes in a pack where we could have specific missions (just like JA, Strangerville, & JTB).😆
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I'm pessimistic, so I think they'd just rehashes of the Romantic Garden wishing well. :neutral:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2021
    I really don't think we'll ever get genies and that's kind of a shame.

they've given up on their one life state for every expansion pack and only add them when it makes sense, or when they think it makes sense. I still think fleshed out plant Sims would have been perfect with eco living.

If they do ever come back, I'd honestly be fine with them being just like Sims 3.

I really don't care if playable ones can make wishes, but for npcs they should have

Wish for romance: fall in love with the person of your choosing. Failure gives you a stalker that shows up on your lot at night, leaves love notes, snoops through your trash etc.

Wish for fame: gain x amount of fame point on success, failure decreases your reputation and earns an enemy.

Wish for fortune: 100k simoleons just like sims 3. Failure causes your next bill to be substantially higher, failure to pay back or course causes the repoman.

Wish for children: You become pregnant on success, whether male or female, it's magic so rules don't apply. If you are married the baby will have both sims genetics, which would be useful for gay sims. I'd love for failure to turn you into a teenager again, that's the only thing I can think of.

Wish for youth: You become a young adult again on success, this wish is only available for adults and elders. On failure you age up, if you are an elder it instantly turns you into a playable old age ghost.

Wish for popularity: Three random friends will be made for your sim on success, three enemies on failure.

Bring back the dead: A sim of your choice is ressurected, but on failure they become a zombie, another new lifestate that can only be cured with ambrosia, or a witch's dedeathify. (Witches also get a new spell, reanimate which brings back sims as zombies)

Wish for peace of mind: Your sim.will.forever be fine, no longer constrained to the emotion system, similar to the vampire power. On failure though, your sim will have a tense moodlet that lasts 7 days. (Can be shortened with appropriate activities.)

Wish for more wishes: Your wish is granted, you get 1 additional wish, cancelling itself out. However sometimes you get 2 wishes from it, but it can only be done once a day.

Set the genie free: Requires high friendship. If it fails, YOU become a genie.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It'd be nice for the team to fancy up Aliens and Ghosts a bit first.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.