Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 being play tested? (take with a pinch of salt)

king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
Someone in a Facebook group mentioned The Sims 5 and one of the replies left this after stating that they have been play testing it:

3LgH8R9.jpg

I concealed their identity for their own safety and I am not even sure if I can believe it but it is still something to talk about for now unless someone can debunk it?
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I would have loved this to be true but the screenshot he sent doesn't provide any proof he has playtested the Sims 5 or any other game. I went in and registered as a playtester. Took me 2 minutes to get to the same screen he posted.

2rRwFAH.png

So yeah it's probably someone who just took a screenshot of the site which is very easy to access and claimed he playtested the Sims 5. Also I think anyone playtesting a game like this wouldn't be allowed to talk about it and especially on facebook where their name is visible they would run the risk of EA seeing it and banning them from playtesting ever again.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Also I think anyone playtesting a game like this wouldn't be allowed to talk about it and especially on facebook where their name is visible they would run the risk of EA seeing it and banning them from playtesting ever again.

That was what I thought as well
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited February 2021
    I did find this link, now whether that's actually for TS5 or for TS4 packs, I'm not sure.

***EDIT ..... just realized that was dated from January 2020, not 2021, so nothing new. Sorry for the confusion!