Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we have a Sims 5, should seasons, vacations, and pets be in the base game, instead of in a pack?

These are very basic things.

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Vacations and pets not so much, but seasons and weather should be in the base game 100%. I've never agreed with them charging an extra 40 bucks for weather in a life simulator
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I think for sure rain and snow should be in the base game, that's part of life.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited January 2021
    I think the sims5 should have basic features of these things, it would give them so much more room to expand the game. I agree with basic weather. Like rain, and snow, and hot and cold weather, that way we could get hot and cold weather clothing with new packs. Maybe a seasons pack could focus more on transforming all worlds with more detailed environmental effects. I hope that they will find a way to please both us players and their shareholders.

I'm hoping that they will make other things like apartments and cars basegame as well. And toddlers available in the beginning.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I am really hoping apartments are base game too! That's also a normal part of life, people in RL typically do not start out immediately buying a house, they rent apartments.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Vacations and pets not so much, but seasons and weather should be in the base game 100%. I've never agreed with them charging an extra 40 bucks for weather in a life simulator

It kinda made sense in The Sims 2 because it was still a new feature but I agree that in 3+4 it should have been in the base game.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    YES, thank you. the base game should be exactly that, a base for the game. it should have basic features for a life simulator, for what means the sims. besides, it would be pretty lame if after 6 yrs of ts4 development and more that has to come, ppl had to still wait for such basic features to get added to ts5. for doing what they did on ts4 (releasing it on beta, patching it during the years) it's better not to release the game. ts5 should have all the important features from past sims games on the base game, and then if devs want, improve upon them. expansion packs shouldn't have core features on them. for example ts4 has added vacationing on base game by allowing us to choose which world can our sims vacation in.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes, yes and yes!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i also think laundry needs to be in the base game as well and not have to wait for a pack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Weather should be in basegame, then later a dedicated pack for seasonal festivals and celebrations.

Pets I'd rather not have rushed or simplified to fit into the basegame. They should include interactive caged animals (rodents, small birds, fishes) with the BG, then later release a full fledged pets expansion.

Vacations, nope, for the same reasons as pets. There should be the opportunity to visit all basegame worlds and maybe a basic rental/guest house lot. But the exotic destinations with their special interactions and unlocks work better as a full EP.

Since laundry was mentioned, I'd love to have that early on! But I've read many players dislike extra chores, so better leave it out and offer a chores GP with laundry, vacuuming, lawn mowing, window cleaning and household pests early on (maybe first or second dlc).
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Yes (definitely for seasons)
    But let’s face it, by doing it separately it’s more $$!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Generations should be in the game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yeah, weather should absolutely be in the game.

I’m fine with pets being an expansion pack again only if it’s going to be a better expansion than The Sims 3’s. TS4’s version of Pets was laughable.

As for vacations, it would be nice if they included a vacation system (visiting other neighborhoods/worlds), but expanded upon the concept with one expansion.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2021
    Oi I'm Having Deja Vu about the Sims 4 in 2013 :s

But, Like I said In 2013, Yeah I would say Seasons at the very least.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd rather see a complete base game with tools for the players to create their own worlds and edit neighborhood including lot size, pack CAS with tools to make the best Sims color wheel sliders all life stages and basics like cars and personalities we never got in Sims 4. Vacations and pets are not base game to me but weather should be base game as I'm pretty sure it was meant to be in Sims 2.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Generations and Weather system should be in the base game, period.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I say yes, because I like all those things. But some people may not like having all three, so in that case it makes sense to have packs. I don't think they'd add them all base game as much as I'd like it. At the very least I would like it to have everything other basegames included + improvements. But in time we will see.
    Yes (definitely for seasons)
    But let’s face it, by doing it separately it’s more $$!

Weather was meant to be in the base of TS2 but later got removed maybe due to time constraints but ever since then you have had to buy it in an EP. I think that it is time for Seasons in the base though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd rather see a complete base game with tools for the players to create their own worlds and edit neighborhood including lot size, pack CAS with tools to make the best Sims color wheel sliders all life stages and basics like cars and personalities we never got in Sims 4. Vacations and pets are not base game to me but weather should be base game as I'm pretty sure it was meant to be in Sims 2.

I agree with all of this although having at least cats and dogs in the base could be a good start and then we could see other animals being released through later EPs
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    I would love to have all this and more in base game, but I fear for the price of the base if they do. I know it ends up costing a lot when they put them in expansions, but I don't have to pay for it all at one time, I don't know if I could afford the price they would charge if it was all in the base. Still would be interesting to see if they could do it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'ld love that, but it doesn't sound probable imo... those are three of the most profitable dlc's the game has. To offer this content in base game, the game's business plan must be remodelled. I wouldn't say that it'ld imposible to do, but i would def fear for it...