Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    thats okay I knew it wasn't going to be a nice review anyway because he doesn't like stuff packs and occult things
    and he's never really liked the sims 4 he's made that clear many times he also doesn't really review older games anymore ether
    which is why I really liked his videos in the first place and also his latest sims 4 reviews weren't even funny
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    That's a shame, but probably for the best. Paranormal is the best stuff pack by far (at least in my opinion) but I don't think he'd really see the good in it anyway because he dislikes not only stuff packs, but Sims 4 in general. He's right, he'd probably only repeat the same things he's said before and there's only so many times you can do that before it gets redundant. Good on him for seeing that.

Hopefully we'll see a review after the next EP though. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I asked him if he would make an exception if the Next Gamepack is on Resorts or Romance.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I agree with him
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I used to enjoy his reviews, but I stopped watching him when he said that he’s not going to review the JTB. That being said, I won’t rely on anyone who’s not really playing the game anymore. They won’t be able to see what we can see. Or they won’t be able to give a solid review like a potential crossover feature, or any limitation besides than focusing only one one specific pack at one time.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    That's a shame, but probably for the best. Paranormal is the best stuff pack by far (at least in my opinion) but I don't think he'd really see the good in it anyway because he dislikes not only stuff packs, but Sims 4 in general. He's right, he'd probably only repeat the same things he's said before and there's only so many times you can do that before it gets redundant. Good on him for seeing that.

Hopefully we'll see a review after the next EP though. :)

yes I think he made the right choice he does not enjoy doing the reviews so I rather he do what he likes with computers instead
    maybe by the time sims 5 comes out he will feel like reviewing games again I miss wen he'd review the big box pc games
    I think I watched almost all of those
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Good. His reviews aren't all that great anyway. I'm so sick of people whining about occults in The Sims.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Well that blows.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I used to like his review.it is fair to not review it anymore since he doesn’t like the game especially he doesn’t like stuff packs.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2021
    A pity, I liked his reviews because he was often reviewing them as someone who doesn't play the sims a lot. He never got hyped or excited over small features, I think the sims need more reviewers like him who can point out the absurdity with 18 stuff packs with no end in sight.

At least we have Carl's Sim Guides.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    It's a shame, and I'm gonna miss his review, but I get it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2021
    I can totally understand his POV and I will miss his review. He doesn't like stuff packs as it is and he hates occults and paranormal so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he skipped buying this pack entirely. If I didn't like those things I would not have bought it either and I can't expect him to buy it just to entertain me with a review.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    That’s perfectly fine with me. If he isn’t enjoying this particular iteration of the game then I don’t wish him to feel forced into reviewing or playing it. He’s not a EA game changer so doesn’t get the packs for free and while I am sure he can probably afford the pack I see no reason why he should have to buy a pack that he has no interest in just to give a short review on it.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    I don't see why people put such high expectations on his reviews, he's made clear for a long time he doesn't like the Sims 4 as a whole and doesn't play it anymore. No point reviewing the DLC if you don't like the game.
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    logion wrote: »
    A pity, I liked his reviews because he was often reviewing them as someone who doesn't play the sims a lot. He never got hyped or excited over small features, I think the sims need more reviewers like him who can point out the absurdity with 18 stuff packs with no end in sight.

At least we have Carl's Sim Guides.

Yea Carl’s review is equally great.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I enjoy his reviews, but I understand how he feels.
    I don't think he is a gamechanger, so he is spending his own money on the Sims 4 stuff, and reviewing it for us. The last few reviews I saw from him, you can kind of tell he isn't enjoying himself that much.
    I've seen his reviews on Sims 2, and Sims 3, and he sounds like he is having a bit more fun with them. Sims 4 he sounds like he did enjoy some packs, but it now kind of sounds like he is forced to do a chore for the reviews.
    I'd rather he enjoy the packs he buys and reviews, then having him do it for something he doesn't want to review.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    A shame since he's really the only person I watch regarding reviews, (i like unbias opinion) but I watch mainly for the entertainment value. Ive already made a decision about a pack by the time he uploads. I do get his point of view. The Sims lost its magic for him and he doesnt care about getting on EA's good side.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    It's a shame for sure, but I understand. Clint has made it clear in the past that occult gameplay isn't really his thing, and that's fine. I will miss his reviews for the stuff packs because I like his often very unbiased opinions. Though I will happily wait for his reviews on Game/Expansion packs if he's still inclined to do them, if not then that's completely fine.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I watch him for more than just Sims content, and understand his reasons. I will miss the sarcastic view he gave. Most other "reviewers" don't say much, if anything about gameplay. They just praise the aesthetic of the CAS and build objects. I want a review that only focuses on gameplay, so I attempt to watch people who actually play the pack without trying to cramp it into 1 video.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It must be bad if "God" won't touch it! :D
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

It's actually a fantastic pack. LGR is just whining because it's an occult pack.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I see his point on Stuff packs it not as technical as an GP/EP even it does have an subject matter but not enough to review it. I do not go gaga over stuff packs whether it was from Sims 2 or 3.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 2021
    I understand where he's coming from since TS4 has outstayed its welcome. But of course, his opinion is not the end-all, be-all. Other reviewers do a fine job covering this pack, although his snarky style will be missed.

I know he's also mentioned that occult gameplay isn't his go-to, despite him acknowledging the quality and quantity TS3's Supernatural EP had and he liked TS4's Vampires, especially the weakness system. But a stuff pack (a kind of paid DLC he doesn't like) about something that isn't his preferred style of play on a game that's been around too long already. I don't blame him for quitting on stuff packs.
  • Options
    CayleyCarlsonCayleyCarlson Posts: 18 Member
    He’s pretty funny, I’ve been watching him for years and years. As a person whose been around since the beginning, I gotta disagree with him on this one. Paranormal was really good, and since I’ve bought a few more expansions, TS4 is awesome. I’d say the automation of sims especially has become really advanced. I don’t just micromanage my sims every move, they have choices, thoughts, feelings that influence their behavior.

The stuff packs, like for instance, Paranormal Stuff, add WAY more gameplay than any previous stuff packs in TS3 did, which I love. I can actually get involved with the actions in a stuff pack instead of just getting, well, a bunch of random models of stuff.

I can’t recall Game Packs in any previous iterations of The Sims, but I feel like they are awesome for adding a little bit of play into my game when I’m feeling it’s dull or whatever. The more recent Game Packs are really really fun. Like Strangerville is definitely one of my top packs of all time, because it added a gameplay aspect that I found really involving (and the world is super gorgeous imo).

The animations, lighting, etc are much more refined and beautiful to look at. I don’t use any CC and I can make my sims look pretty cool using just Maxis/EA content. Sims no longer feel “stiff” to me. They move, speak, and behave in ways that seem integral to THEM.

On the other hand, I do think that the expansions seem less, well, EXPANSIVE since previous iterations of the game. I’d love to see TS5 approach this differently. I actually don’t see a ton of content in expansions that makes them worth so much more than a game pack. The new Snowy Escape one for instance, doesn’t feel like it adds much gameplay compared to like, Vampires. The world is bigger, and there’s more like... stuff. Food, clothes, objects, builds, world space. Just stuff. Which, I’m not a “stuff” player, as you can tell ;)

Regardless, for a STUFF pack, Paranormal is pretty phenomenal and shows that the team has been listening to what people say about lack of content imo. It’s way beyond a normal stuff pack, it makes the game more challenging and fun. Even the items are pretty cool, and hey, they have made some really gorgeous builds lately! Such as in Snowy Escape and Paranormal! I mean, that house is bonkers.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »

It's actually a fantastic pack. LGR is just whining because it's an occult pack.

I don't think he believes that the pack is bad. He feels that the pack doesn't interest him that much and he will end up saying the same things that he has said before. Stuff packs does not have enough content for him to make a video. He also feels that the theme is too narrow. This is pretty much what he said in his Nifty Knitting review.