Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this years Sims Anniversary be a success?

sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
The Sims' 21st anniversary is coming up in a few days on February 4th. After last years atrocious hot tub incident, do you think this years anniversary will be an exciting success or a downright dumpster fire?

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that no one is owed anything. I'm not sure where some are getting the idea that I or others that look forward to The Sims anniversary deserve something. The reason I posted this was because the big 20th anniversary was so poor that I figured maybe they would do something nice this year.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Will this years Sims Anniversary be a success? 123 votes

Exciting Success!
8%
GalacticGalIceyJaelias24mcruddPaulmarch76MrMonty96comicsforlifeamaniaaacarpe_diemDragonmasterleo 10 votes
Downright Dumpster Fire...
91%
crocobauraauroraael14winkeljohn78verlainemIcewolfalexspoom13Rflong7sims2freak737Jessa_DakkarColorist40lisamwittoveronCamkatimhappytanakakiasimbsimelanorbretonncisGibbs02AnmirlaMariefoxprice83 113 votes

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Probably another Star Wars pack or something similarly stupid.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There's nothing in between 😅 it won't be disatrous imo because i'm not expecting anything...
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    It wouldn't surprise me if it's just a picture of partying gnomes on twitter.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited February 2021
    the way i see it this year we either get nothing

or we get something small and nice

because they have yet to start bragging about "fun surprise" which they usually do when there is either awesome update or absolute dumpster fire update

the silence is either to not spoil the fun or to imply there is no fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm still confused as to why people thought they were getting something more last year. I asked around. For the previous franchise anniversaries (at 5, 10, and 15) they apparently hadn't given anything before. A tweet, a couple of news articles/blogs, and that was about it.

I mean, I get that 20 is a Big Deal in the gaming industry. And I completely understand why people were upset about them basically gutting the primary reason to get Perfect Patio stuff. But... the precedent for some sort of Big To Do really wasn't there as far as I could find, so I'm still fuzzy on why people were expecting one.

I mean, wasn't one "birthday" item for the Sims 4 a shelf?

Anyway, I'm expecting something small and perfunctory. Not a roaring success, and only a dumpster fire if the fans make it so.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm still confused as to why people thought they were getting something more last year. I asked around. For the previous franchise anniversaries (at 5, 10, and 15) they apparently hadn't given anything before. A tweet, a couple of news articles/blogs, and that was about it.

I mean, I get that 20 is a Big Deal in the gaming industry. And I completely understand why people were upset about them basically gutting the primary reason to get Perfect Patio stuff. But... the precedent for some sort of Big Todo really wasn't there as far as I could find, so I'm still fuzzy on why people were expecting one.

Anyway, I'm expecting something small and perfunctory. Not a roaring success, and only a dumpster fire if the fans make it so.

With all the garbage packs they've been releasing lately, the least they could do is surprise us with something great for the game's 21st anniversary.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    There's nothing in between 😅 it won't be disatrous imo because i'm not expecting anything...

Rule #1 with creating a survey, never provide a middle ground! haha Most people lean slightly more to one side so when you take out the middle option, it forces them to choose and provides better data B)

But I get where you're coming from haha
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Rule #1 with creating a survey, never provide a middle ground! haha Most people lean slightly more to one side so when you take out the middle option, it forces them to choose and provides better data B)

Thank you 🤓 i'll def take advantage of today's lesson 😊
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I mean, I get that 20 is a Big Deal in the gaming industry. And I completely understand why people were upset about them basically gutting the primary reason to get Perfect Patio stuff. But... the precedent for some sort of Big To Do really wasn't there as far as I could find, so I'm still fuzzy on why people were expecting one.

I'm not necessarily looking for something big. I don't get why they couldn't release 5 throwback objects from the previous Sims games.

Heart shaped hot tub
    Vibrating heart bed
    Original Piano
    Dancing cage (Sims House Party)
    The Electro Dance Sphere from Sims 2 Nightlife
    A TRADITIONAL DIVING BOARD!
    The Kids Oven (Sims 2)

There are so many more I could list that would be fantastic throwback items to celebrate how far the game has come. The problem with The Sims 4 is they seem to try to erase any previous Sims game and pretend they didn't exist. I would kill for an Expansion Pack that brought back items and interactions from all previous Sims games.

Thank you 🤓 i'll def take advantage of today's lesson 😊

I remember learning that years ago in a communications class haha But it definitely comes in handy!
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    We'll probably get a new bar since 21 is the legal drinking age in the US.
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    We'll probably get a new bar since 21 is the legal drinking age in the US.

How about they release new counter tops that match the current bars! I'd even be happy with that! haha
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    That depends on whether they think putting more DLC into the base game is still a good idea... 🥴
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
    I just opened my game to a message that says:

"You Make The Sims! We're celebrating all of our amazing Simmers, because you're the ones who make The Sims what it is!"

Then a button "See Community Creations" that takes you to the Gallery.

I don't have my hopes up... Haha
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited February 2021
    I just opened my game to a message that says:

"You Make The Sims! We're celebrating all of our amazing Simmers, because you're the ones who make The Sims what it is!"

Then a button "See Community Creations" that takes you to the Gallery.

I don't have my hopes up... Haha

oh yeah i saw they also posted something like that on twitter and cringed

not a very good start :grimace:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2021
    At least don't post a tweet with a reused picture from your 15th anniversary that has a gnome that says "15" like you did last year during the 20th anniversary.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2021
    Unless they add certain features that allow more creativity like more editing tools , I really do not care as I do not expect anything major out of them but gimped packs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Not holding my breath. I could be surprised lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2021
    EA loves doing the bare minimum so I have zero expectations. I'll never forget them putting a roof over a hot tub and calling it a gift lmao!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2021
    Exciting Success!
    I am thinking positive. We are going to get something very cool and hopefully nostalgic from all previous sims packs <3
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    However they celebrate the anniversary is fine for me.
    Last year reactions for the hot tub were embarrassing. We got it for free, but some people threw toddler tantrums because they didn't like it or they wanted more. Too much drama, I hope it won't happen again.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    However they celebrate the anniversary is fine for me.
    Last year reactions for the hot tub were embarrassing. We got it for free, but some people threw toddler tantrums because they didn't like it or they wanted more. Too much drama, I hope it won't happen again.

I think the biggest issue with it was the fact they released an object for free that was exclusive to Perfect Patio Stuff. I also know people were unhappy because the hot tub was too over the top to really work with builds.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I thought the hot tub last year was good and I had already paid for hot tubs when buying Perfect Patio. I don't have high expectations, but naturally it would be fun to get something I didn't already have. For other people I'm sure it will be disastrous again, no matter what they do.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    I don't see why people always expect so much from anniversaries and then set themselves up for disappointment every single year. They've never once done massive things for anniversaries that's not gonna suddenly change.

For their 10th anniversary they added the heart bed to the Sims 3 but it wasn't even a free gift you had to buy their new stuff pack for it. Their anniversary celebrations have never been anything sensational so don't expect any great update as you will just end up disappointed. This anniversary will most likely just be a bar with plumbobs on it as a reference to the game turning 21.