Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Money cheat. Yay or Nay?

Comments

• Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    No. (Challenge is important.)
    I used to go ether motherlode or money(insert amount here), but they became pretty redundant as making money is much easier in 4 than in the prior sims games.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes. (Money cheats make the game more fun!)
    I use cheats to take away money, not add funds.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I picked no because I don't use cheats to give more money to the main families in my game, the families I actually play.
    I do occasionally use the money cheat to reduce my sims household funds to pretend they have to pay for clothing or transport. But I assume this pollis about adding money, not subtracting it.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I made a quick and easy python script that gives me the max amount of cash. I did it because Laitha came from a wealthy family and she inherited the wealth, so I needed to make her rich right off the bat. That 9,999,999 simoleons is shared among the entire family.

There's certain careers though where the money just rolls in. Samantha is the master artist of the family and she makes stupid amounts of money on her own.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Sure, let them have riches! If lacking funds interferes with how I want to play or what I want to do, like send them on an adventure to Selvadorada, I'll cheat some money. If I want to play a wealthy household from the getgo, I'll cheat. I also play rotationally and colonize my game so I don't want every household to be the same grind, I like variety. Some are rich, some are poor, and some just don't need income as a factor.
    #Team Occult
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The cheats have been something I have always appreciated in Sims games. At bare minimum, sometimes you do not want to live in one of the original starter houses or want immediate access to some items. Certainly if they were taken away, I would be upset.

On the other hand, I agree that 4 has never been balanced particularly well, especially financially, and it never seemed like a priority. In that regard, I prefer cheats more because it seems like more of circumventing nuisances than a fun gameplay loop. However, 4 could use a lot more long term goals besides financial well being.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    However, 4 could use a lot more long term goals besides financial well being.

It's only a goal in the fortune aspiration. It's players who drive the sims to succeed and amass a lot of money.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    The question is not clear.

"Money cheat. Y/N"

In what context and for what purpose?

I use it often to get new Sims established in a § bizillion home as my custom "premades". After established, then no more money cheats. If they have to sell things off then so be it. :tongue:
    Starting over all the time with §20 000 gets irritating. However, could combine a few random townie NPC's for their § then delete them. But I do consider that a cheat. ;)

So my vote is yes and no.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Early in a save, I'll use it simply to bypass the cheap starter appliances and fixtures, and to provide my Sim with skill-building equipment. After that, I find that money comes really easily, and I seldom am short regardless of what I want to purchase.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It's far too easy to become rich.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    There was a time when I cheated to give my Sims more stuff when they were just starting out. But that just made Sims4 too easy, and I like the challenge of seeing home lots change as my Sims become more successful and can afford nicer things. These days, because so many of my played Sims are too wealthy, the bigger challenge is keeping them from becoming wealthier than what I think is realistic even for a Sims game. My Sims donate a lot of money to charities almost daily, as well as give hand outs to NPCs that seem a bit down on their luck. I buy expensive decor items and put those in my Sims' personal inventory to give to Uni students. I also play a Riches to Rags story where my Sim is addicted to playing cards, but isn't very lucky, and he ended up losing a fine home along his wife who happened to have the materialistic trait. She was not at all happy when their stuff was being sold off is all I can say about that. The final straw was having the repo man show up and take the hot tub along with an antique rug, and she nearly died of anger right on the spot. He was booted out and has been trying to win back all the Simoleans he lost but it isn't going very well for him at the moment. The money mods I use have added a lot of surprises and storytelling tools, and I can't play without them now.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me it is an No as cheating to gain artificially makes for an boring game instead of working my Sims to get the same goal. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited January 2021
    Starting as let's say, "The Goths" or "The Laandgrabs" or any premades is cheating then since they don't start with a §20 000 or less home with the cost of the home taken off what they have left to start with. :|

Or if you start with a household of 8 people then you still only get §20 000 to start with. You could start them all as different households then combine them for §160 000. But that would be "cheating" right? :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• dogedoge Posts: 6 New Member
    i just like to cheat
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Nope. I simply don't find it necessary. Game's already too easy, I use cheats only for:

a) mitigating bugs, and
    b) when the game decides to do something that I have to overrule (alien abductions, sims doing something suicidally stupid that can only be stopped with resetsim, that sort of thing.)
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    If Simmer wants full experience as game playing then No. However if meant for presetting for story telling then Yes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Vicky_chingyu1023Vicky_chingyu1023 Posts: 55 Member
    It depends on the households I played.

I tend to cheat money for celebrities households for better house but play without cheat with premades and the others.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I only use money cheats for my test save, or for new sims so they can get a nice house. I also cheat money when some numbnut calls my sim asking for a donation because my sims are such nice people, especially if my sim can't really afford it. Or when I'm missing just a bit to buy something they need. With UIcheats its just a click of the mouse.

I cheated more in the previous games, ever since I first learned to spell klapaucius.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,968 Member
    edited February 2021
    I do use it in some families that I don’t play much like in some of the premades who are supposed to be rich, like the landgrabbs. They own several businesses, so I can set them up, I hate that you have to own and have to set up the businesses to use them for people to go to.

But most of my families are self made, at least the ones I play with most.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Actually neither answer really appIies to me, but since 'motherlode' was specifically referenced, I chose no. I don't use cheats to increase my Sims' funds, only to set them to zero. It's not that I have an issue with it or anything, I just really enjoy starting a Sim out on an empty lot with no funds (usually in Oasis Springs) and then do whatever it takes to finally afford 4 walls. And if I want to make money quickly, I use the first couple of thousand Simoleons to take them to Selvadorada. Or I fish for some dragon fruit in Magnolia Promenade and start planting.
    I do enjoy reading about how differently people play the game and it is good the cheats are available to give us the choice.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    However, 4 could use a lot more long term goals besides financial well being.

It's only a goal in the fortune aspiration. It's players who drive the sims to succeed and amass a lot of money.

Really, though? In plain terms, I'll give you, but sims has always been rooted in basic consumerism. They want pools, new furniture, well decorated houses. You can do whatever, but sims want to live well.
  • Shorty89Shorty89 Posts: 4 New Member
    No then it's too easy
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Love mother lode, but am trying to only use free real estate right now.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I use them mostly when i'm attempting to build a house for my sims. I like to make sure they have what they need at the beginning of my game and if they need/want anything else later they have to work for it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I only use money cheats when starting a new save. I hate starting from scratch (I've done it too many times), so I usually create some kind of family tree for the sim I want to play with and pretend the parents have an already established life with a house, careers, etc. depending on the scenario I plan to pursue they range between lower and higher class households.