Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Origin Pop Up Sale Expansions

Hey All! There is a Sale going on for Sims 4 expansions and game packs right now. There are 3 expansions that I do not have: Island Living, Eco Lifestyle and Snowy Escape.

Unfortunately, I have been interested in all three but only want to purchase one. Any suggestions on which one? And along with your vote could you leave your opinion on the packs (one or all)?

Sims 4 Origin Pop Up Sale Expansions 53 votes

Snowy Escape
45%
auroraael14Kita5399IcewolfPlayerSinger2010elanorbretong01denswantaydevcece15624benson2006annaliese39SummerStreakWintermist_SWEgarapoesAquaGamer1212musteniRedShoe7ValeahOceancatSERVERFRAx4m1r4 24 votes
Island Living
39%
Frn0731SimmervilleMartinvoveronOnverserLoves2draw1812EnkiSchmidtLiELFMDianaSimsBreazonaEmusimmer32Atreya33logionintothehorizonenetney52SimmerGeorgePlumbeebHaleyBtelemwillCayleyCarlson 21 votes
Eco Lifestyle
15%
ParmaViolet87texxx78joRN1414DaWaterRatcody6268PurpleHeatherEliasVersaceCalico45 8 votes

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I love Snowy Escape. The world is absolutely beautiful especially the hikes. I love the snow aspect of the world as well.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Island Living
    I really want both Island Living and Snowy Escape. I didn't have either of them, but decided I would get Island Living first because it arrived first and is so beautiful. I think either of these would be good choices though. They both offer gorgeous scenery, opportunities for vacation rentals, and unique recreational activities as well as everyday communities for our Sims.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Snowy Escape has a beautiful world that looks like Spring & Winter at the same time. Also, very cool Wintery gameplay for the sims.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I've been a skier almost my entire life, so this one just hits a lot closer to home than the other two for me. I also love japanese culture, plus the CAS is all amazing. BB doesn't really matter to me since I'm not much of a builder, but when I do build I usually use a lot from Snowy Escape.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Snowy Escape
    It’s almost even for me with Snowy escape and Island living, as they are both beautiful and offer fun activities. I chose snowy only because I think it offers just a tiny bit more gameplay. I’m not a huge fan of Eco personally, I really only bought it for the added hobbies.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I didn't vote but here's somethings about each pack that may not be mentioned.

Snowy escape gives you a fine moodlet that when it reaches +10 your sim can surge their emotions and pick any emotion. You can't start a new game and live in the snowy region because the lots there are rental lots. You have to change the lots to residential in world management.

Island living uses the fitness skill for swimming, the higher your fitness the faster you swim. You can fish off boats in deep water. The neighbor sims will sometimes enter your home when not invited in and make them selves at home.

Echo lifestyle has the frizzer thing that can be fun if you have Strangervill because you can infect sims by using the fruit from the plants that have the infection. It has the trash thing that turns stuff in your inventory to bits and pieces which can be used in the fabracater and candle maker. The candles can be set to burn down if you want them to. There is wall planters that take one square that hold 2 plants. One NAP can break your community lots, one can make it hard to get pictures of sims without bags on their heads, and some can get stuck on your sim.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    Eco Lifestyle
    I like all 3, but eco lifestyle and sulani more.

Eco lifestyle has a ton of things that i love. The ability to use debug thrash to give neighbourhoods or just individual lots a completely different vibe... the way it improves rags to reaches gameplay with the dumpster diving. The alternative income that you can make producing your own energy. The crafts: candle making of candles that actually burn, fizzy drinks, furniture making... and the naps. While there is much controversy with naps i use them all the time. If i want a rough neighbourhood where sims fight and steal i do it. If i want a neighbourhood where i get perks for gardening, or dramatic arts, or whatever i do it... there are plenty of choices! It gives personality to the neighbourhoods.

Sulani has a wonderful world, very open... you can swim and it has a lot of beach activities. Most of my sims live here. The conservationist career is very cool. In the higher levels you can actually change politics that will affect your game.

Snowy escape, the world is also beautiful. It's focus is in the winter sports. The career isn't great. It has the mountain climbing adventure that is cool.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I like all of those packs, but I think Snowy Escape might be the coolest. I like the worlds, like the skills, even like the lifetyles. Island living is a pretty world, but it's missing the extra something. Eco Lifestyle has good set of skills and crafting opportunities. I also like all the trash and dirt that it adds.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Island Living
    If you buy Snowy Escape don't expect much content though. Island Living is in my opinion the best because of the lack of tropical worlds. And Eco Lifestyle has most content but also most bugs.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    Island Living
    Island Living without a doubt. Eco Lifestyle is eh. Not the worst but I haven't touched it since release and Snowy Escape is easily one of the most overrated packs in the game imo as there is physically nothing to do but watch your sim go down a hill on a loop or climb a rock face on a loop. I was bored of the winter sports after about one try as they really aren't interesting to watch and other than that there's physically nothing to do in Mt Komorebi. The entire pack is made up of a few gimmicky little activities which weren't enough to keep me entertained for more than a few days.

Island Living also lacks gameplay, but the world is stunning and things like sunbathing, building sandcastles, snorkelling, new beach lots, homes over the sea, cleaning up the island and the tropical climate make it really unique and a fun place to play in or at least vacation in. I'd consider it an essential pack even if you just use it for vacations.

What makes it stand out from Komorebi is that it's the only island world, there's nothing else like it in game. You could find some base game Asian houses on the gallery and play them in the snow but you're never gonna get a tropical beach house without island living
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited January 2021
    Snowy Escape
    I love all three, but Snowy Escape would be my first choice. Mt. Komorebi is a beautiful world and I love the Japanese theme. I really enjoy the new activities and traits. It's one of my favourite EPs so far.

Island Living would probably be my second choice. Sulani is another beautiful world that is very different from our other worlds. I enjoy taking my sims there on holiday or family days out and watching them relax on the beach and swim with dolphins. I also love the mermaids, although I wish we could play underwater with them.

Eco Lifestyle was a pleasant surprise for me. It wasn't a theme I would have picked, but I like Evergreen Harbor and how it changes over time. I also love the new careers and skills/hobbies. It's a tough choice, but I honestly don't think you can make a bad one here.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I'd say go for Snowy Escape or Eco Lifestyle. I never thought I'd say this haha (I disliked it at release) but Eco Lifestyle has surprisingly challenging gameplay in my opinion. And the new 'hobbies' (candle making, fizzy drinks, etc) are nice additions to your game. I like Snowy Escape too but I struggle with it being almost entirely tied to one world.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Island Living
    I chose Island Living because I have a blast with the Mermaids. The island of Sulani is also really gorgeous and it's actually relaxing to play there, it feels like a vacation, lol. I also like the build/buy, it's also very islandy and breezy and different. The CAS is lovely, lots of new beachwear and summery romantic and Polynesian designs. The water activities are pretty cool, there's just not many of them. I also love the volcano. I ended up loving this pack much more than I expected to.

My second choice is Snowy Escape. The world is unique and different in each neighborhood and feels like there's always something going on, so it's lively. There's many things to do as well, from skiing, snowboarding and sledding to mountain climbing and hiking to festivals and hot springs baths. The CAS has a lot of heavy winter wear and the build/buy is mainly full of beautiful Japanese things.

I'm not really into the "green" gameplay of Eco Lifestyle but the world is gritty and different and the clothing and hair has a messy, unkempt element that I really like. The build buy is pretty good, adds some industrial and shabbiness to the game.
    #Team Occult
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i woud buy all 3 packs they are all good
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2021
    Eco Lifestyle
    I love IL and SE, truly. I use them all the time and if I had to reinstall 4 one pack at a time they would be some of the first. However, if we are talking strictly gameplay then EL has more. I know it gets a bad rap with all the bugs it launched with, plus some people just do not like NAPs (there are a few I never use as well), but it has much more content for the other worlds than SE or IL.

SE and IL are very much destination worlds. You will have to live in or break your back visiting these worlds to get your money's worth with the packs. The skills are not completely exclusive, but if you want to swim, climb, or snowboard, only a few worlds have it.

EL, in comparison, offers its eco gameplay to all worlds. Each has an eco state now, each neighborhood can have different NAPs defining the neighborhood, and there is eco gameplay to back these up (a huge selection of upgrades, new furniture replacements like an automatic watering planter, water and power collection/production for bills, community lots). I find EL essential to do any sort of off the grid play. That is part of why I find it to be such a great pair to IL, that and conservation.

So while I love SE and IL, I cannot recommend them over EL.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Island Living
    I chose Island living because it's nice to be able to vacation on a tropical island. I also like snowy escape as a close second.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I find Eco Lifestyle the easiest to work into my gameplay no matter what world my sims are living in. Yes, the key "Clean up the environment" effects are unique to Evergreen harbor, but many of the NAPs (Turn of NPC voting) are applicable to all neighborhoods. And I use Solar Roofing in a lot of my builds as well (lowers electrical bills)

While both Island Living and Snowy Escape offer beautiful, rich worlds with lots of cultural details, if you're not in Sulani or Mt. Komorebi, the packs may as well not exist.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I got Island for half price, and Paranormal.

I had a$30 credit at Amazon.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    edited January 2021
    Snowy Escape
    Definetely Snowy Escape. There is gameplay in this pack. I love it!
    On the other hand, Island Living is just a beautiful world with nothing to do. For me its boring, but its worth it only for the mermaids.
    I don't own Eco Lifestyle, but I guess it has more gameplay than Island Living as well.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Island Living
    I don't own Snowy Escape, so I can't really rank the 3 packs for you. I got ECO on release, loved the CAS and new home businesses, but dislike how most content is too much aimed on eco lifestyle as most of my households are not really 110% into that. I wish the pack would be a little bit les extreme, like the NAPs should be a bit broader - not all of them focus only on eco, but if you don't want the eco focus for long term, there are too few alternative NAPs.

I grabbed Island Living on sale in December, and love it. I don't play mermaids and don't intend to clean the beaches, but I love the world because it represents something very different from my other worlds. With the "rental lots anywhere" that came with a patch for all, I mainly use the world for vacations. However you prefer to play your sims there will always be a way to enjoy a vacation in Sulani - being a romantic couple, the local elders club, or a family vacation. There's something to do for them all. Photographers and painters get a new arena, too, and the world itself it beautiful. And it's fun to build vacation homes/resorts, even if we can't run them fully as that (yet).
    In my case, IL added a lot more than I expected.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Shorty89Shorty89 Posts: 4 New Member
    If I go into offline mode on origin will it still auto install expansion pacls