Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations Have you Gotten to In Your Game??

Comments

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Builds* lol
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    @BreeMiles The first set of identical twins was planned. Brianna's boys Sajik and Seraj. Melodie and Harmony took me by surprise. (I thought I had changed the MCCC setting back to its default.) But, it was a happy surprise. I'm having a blast. As for the Pinstar Challenge, thank you. I goofed, royally, and set it aside for about a year. Then took it back up and used the very same Founder as before. You guessed it: Erik Cantrell. Only back then we didn't have an official singing skill so I put him in the Entertainment Career, instead.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @illusie you are very welcome sweetie. I followed your 26 generations on the drifter and it was super awesomeness, yes I think you should carry on with those and see how far you can go in it. I love seeing all the pictures of yours and everyone's that are sharing, super neat.

Bree thank you! I think I'll play with this family again, after a break. I'm now having fun with another challenge, the free will experience. But will definitely try to connect with my old drifter sims family

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm on generation 6 of a Rainbow Alphabet challenge. Its not my highest in generations so far. I got to 8 on one challenge before my save file got corrupted beyond the ability to play it. (this was before I started back up saves) but I'm not counting that one because it still makes me sad. I loved that family.

6-8 is a big deal for me because I have a short sim attention span and tend to restart after just a few generations but something about this family makes me wanna stick with it.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    @jimbbq congrats on making it to three generations
    @JestTru congrats on six generations
    @Umbreon12 It counts it counts :D sounds like you are having fun creating your generations and that is awesome. I'm also playing on long life span with aging off
    @Daephene congrats on the eight generations and the four generations in rotational play
    @ACruelButLovingGod congrats on your generations and I see what you are saying about the aging and the RL, I think my mom has 5 generations going right now in RL
    @mia_noelle97 congrats on ten generations and I agree it feels the same in each one, I started mine off with the $20,000 the game allotted us to have, put them on an empty lot and they've had to make money to build the house and such. Enjoy your rotational gameplay
    @LoriTSp super cool on one hundred generations that is some awesome generation playing and a heck of a great achievement
    @Miricha congrats on your three generations and your ten generations in sims 2 that's awesome
    @twinklestick congrats on twelve generations and there's nothing wrong with being set in your ways sounds super fun to play this way
    @LehmanLegacy congrats your nine generations, you've given me some idea's on how to work with the traits and I had never thought of dressing them inspired by the traits they had, super awesome.
    @Sindocat congrats on three generations
    I do have quite a bit of fun. I have some Sims that I based on fictional work I like, pretty much like Harry Potter, Frozen, etc. I make canon, semi-canon, and AUs (like gender bent) versions of the character based Sims. I have them all in one save file, and I plan to go from there. In that save file the Frozen based Sims will be the ancestors of whatever Sims come afterwards.
    I have another save file with Harry Potter characters. Two more I have are split between Sims I created not based on anything preexisting, and some character based Sims from the gallery. Finally, my last current save file is loosely based on Sims I created in Sims 2.
    I enjoy randomness in my game, and I do those things to keep my interest, so I can have fun going through multiple generations. I want to get the goal of 26 generations, and the randomness of mixing would keep me motivated.
    I plan to try and combine some families, so they also don't take over everything.

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited January 2021
    The first time I played my Yu-Gi-Oh Sims, I *nearly* got up to generation 3. I abandoned that save just weeks short of Tristan and Bakura’s oldest daughter becoming a YA, and since there was no university then, she would’ve gotten married and had nooboos right away.

In my current save, I’m still about 6 in-game years away from generation 2. Hopefully, they’ll be quicker than the last three, now that I’ll actually be playing rotationally and with actual goals. All I need to do is not invent 100 extra tasks to distract myself (I say as I decide to change my Sims’ everyday outfits every season). XD
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I’m still on the 4th. I’ve been playing on long life span. Hope that I could share some of their pics/family tree once I’m on my game! 😊
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    edited January 2021
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Whoa! What do they even look like that far down the line? Do you adjust their features in CAS?

This is my most recent heir and his family at the moment...

Cb8EOMb.png

nOCsHkM.png

I have a rule that I can't change their features in CAS, but I am careful who they marry/have children with - so no ugly townies! Every generation, I add lots of different sims from the gallery and move them into the houses in my game. So when my heir is a young adult they will have a range of sims that they can meet, that are still random and unique, but are better looking/dressed than the awful townies.

And then all the other sims using MCCC get together and have their own families, so usually by the time my sim has children, there are lots of friends for them to play with. It makes the neighbourhood feel alive and like it's always changing. And then when the random households become ugly a few generations down the line, I delete them >:)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I'm on generation 6. I like playing legacy-style, but it takes me about 12 months in real life to play through a generation (and I don't have aging on long). :D Gen 5 is in my signature.
  • Globiddle23Globiddle23 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm technically on generation two, but my original matriarch has 313 offspring (using MCCC) that I placed in every house in every world in my game. "It takes a village" to raise all her children! She was/is a vampire so half of the offspring are also vampires. I am now playing the child that I found to be the cutest haha.

Some of her children look super weird!
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’ve only ever gotten to five, but I’m still playing that same save, so I’m planning to keep on going!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @Umbreon12 your plan sounds super fun, crossing fingers that you make your 26 generations goal.
    @AyKooChao congrats on your generations and that sounds like fun changing the outfits for each season.
    @xamira99 congrats on making four generations and I can't wait to see the families.
    @asimbsim loving your most recent heir and his family, super cute. I like your idea of not changing their features in CAS.
    @haneul congrats on generations six that is awesome. Love your generation five they are all super cute.
    @Globiddle23 congrats on getting to your second generation that's awesome. WOW, 313 offspring is a lot and sounds like you are having fun with them.
    @amber_ilumire congrats on getting to five generations in your game, that is super awesome.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Anything for an experiment with sims.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    @Umbreon12 your plan sounds super fun, crossing fingers that you make your 26 generations goal.
    @AyKooChao congrats on your generations and that sounds like fun changing the outfits for each season.
    @xamira99 congrats on making four generations and I can't wait to see the families.
    @asimbsim loving your most recent heir and his family, super cute. I like your idea of not changing their features in CAS.
    @haneul congrats on generations six that is awesome. Love your generation five they are all super cute.
    @Globiddle23 congrats on getting to your second generation that's awesome. WOW, 313 offspring is a lot and sounds like you are having fun with them.
    @amber_ilumire congrats on getting to five generations in your game, that is super awesome.
    I want to get to that many generations, that would just take a bit with giving my sims longer lifespans. I may create two save files where my sims are on a short life span and a long lifespan, so I can reach my goal a little bit quicker.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Third generation, and hopefully the 4th soon! :smiley: First was my first sim when University came out, who became a robotics engineer. I initially wanted his son to be a scientist but I got RoM, so....a family of spellcasters began! The third generation are adults and I am hoping one of them will have a child soon :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Globiddle23Globiddle23 Posts: 19 Member
    > @BreeMiles said:
    > @Umbreon12 your plan sounds super fun, crossing fingers that you make your 26 generations goal.
    > @AyKooChao congrats on your generations and that sounds like fun changing the outfits for each season.
    > @xamira99 congrats on making four generations and I can't wait to see the families.
    > @asimbsim loving your most recent heir and his family, super cute. I like your idea of not changing their features in CAS.
    > @haneul congrats on generations six that is awesome. Love your generation five they are all super cute.
    > @Globiddle23 congrats on getting to your second generation that's awesome. WOW, 313 offspring is a lot and sounds like you are having fun with them.
    > @amber_ilumire congrats on getting to five generations in your game, that is super awesome.

Thanks! Sadly having that many offspring kind of breaks the family tree... If anyone knows of a mod that helps with tracking genealogy that would be awesome! I tried the plum tree app but having to enter them all manually would take a lifetime haha
  • louisjaiilouisjaii Posts: 3 New Member
    Just started of my new generations save and I am on generation 1 (I do count the first household) I am playing my generations save more to my own taste than the standard challenge rules i.e I would love for kids to have cousins etc so I do plan on playing multiple households with my storylines.

The furthest I have made it on a generations save is 2nd gen but I really am hoping to exceed the standard 10 generations and keep this save going for as long as possible. I love to keep all my memories from this generation save on one of my discord servers <3
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I plan to sit one thru longer, simply because just like last time i played a vampire game (when vampires came out) I deliberately turned my favorite premades and then turned aging on, letting the favorite non-played Sims of each generation become vampires.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

I'm currently on Generation 12 on the Disney Princess Challenge.
    Usually I would stop at either third or fourth Gen. if I get bored or wanted to try something new, but this legacy was really fun, and I have so many favorites in the family. Some of them are still alive (either they're vampires or immortal from the potion) or already passed away.
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I'm embarrassed... I've only gotten to generation 2. I spend so much time and put so much love into my first generation, that I can't bear to part with them. I don't let them age up so I just stick to my original sims having kids and that's it.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @drakharis the experiments are fun :D
    @Umbreon12 that's and interesting idea
    @ParmaViolet87 congrats on your four generations, super awesomeness
    @Globiddle23 Yes it would, I use the plum tree app also and not sure if there is another one out there or not
    @louisjaii congrats on your second generations, I have my fingers crossed that you will make it to your goal and many more
    @Beardedgeek that's a interesting idea and experience
    @DarkAngel1994 congrats on your twelfth generation, sounds like and interesting challenge
    @Missmagoo2 congrats on your second generation, nothing wrong with wanting to keep your sims alive for a very long time, I ran into the same issue.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    First generation in Sims 4, 5 in Sims 3
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I’ve never made it further than 3 generations in The Sims 4 before losing interest.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed... I've only gotten to generation 2. I spend so much time and put so much love into my first generation, that I can't bear to part with them. I don't let them age up so I just stick to my original sims having kids and that's it.

Nothing wrong with keeping them alive forever while still building generations. Go for it! If this game counted years then my Gen 1 sims would be 200 years old easily lol.