Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry :D yes, they read books. :grin:
    Trust doesn't come easy and Bekka has a little of me in her (even though I changed her alot for the story including traits) so it will be baby steps for him. Luckily, Jamie's intuitiveness and patience will help him in the long run.
    I wish I had the genie part of her!!
    I will work on Jamie and Bekka's fun after the wedding today. :smiley: Most of the pictures are taken, just need to write it up but got some housework that MUST be done today. :tired_face:

@emorrill Thanks so much for reading and I love your comments. :heart::smiley:
    I love your song pick too! I have so many loves songs as well as others saved for this story but I had forgotten that one. But ya know...Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. They are such an awesome couple and so real compared to others in that field.
    Remember this one? Oh my gosh, such beautiful words! I remember when this started being played. Even guys liked it! :heart:
    https://youtu.be/gBtgcU9DL24
    Now that I have slow dancing back in my game I had to have a dance for them. :smiley:
    I loved writing it and had to tone things down a bit to keep it forum friendly since I'm too puter illiterate to make a blog.

@Tamijo Thanks so much for reading and your comments. :smiley::heart:
    It's been fun finding songs for some of the chapters and I love seeing the music others think of for the story or for theirs. I've found a few new artists that I enjoy listening to.
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan Stunningly blue sky on the wedding morning! Beautiful pic (like all your landscape shots).
    Kind of Jamie to leave Mary and Jamie alone for some days. He's a very thoughtful guy :) .
    Cute pictures of the wedding area and the horses... I hope they agree with Jamie :p .
    I wonder what's going on with that mirror... Was Mary just imagining things or is something happening to her?
    I can tell she's super beautiful even though her picture in the mirror is blurry <3 .
    Jamie will be good for Rebecca - Catarina has no reason to worry :smirk: .
    Beautiful winter wedding and I just love their vows to each other <3 . Real love :love: .
    The picture of Mary and Damien after the vows is really pretty :blush: .
    Aww, Jamie is crying at the wedding <3 . I didn't expect that.
    I'm almost sure Rebecca will look at him that way one day... But why does she look so concerned? :|
    Beautiful kiss under the arch <3 .
    Poor Mary - I hope she won't be pulled to the netherworld in the spring. They don't have much time to enjoy their married life if it happens... But at least she has something nice to come back to this time <3 .
    Nice of Catarina to promise to try to help. I hope she finds something from the archives.
    Rebecca speaks very kindly of Jamie. This should make it easier for Jamie to convince Catarina that he'd treat Rebecca well ;) .
    I wonder if Layla will bring troubles... :# If Jamie is worried, I am too.
    I didn't see the bunny before I read emorrill's comments even though I complimented the same picture... So I went back to look at it and it's too cute :love: . As a bunny person I need to find one for my game! <3
    Aww, how romantic of Damien to carry Mary inside the house.
    Lovely dancing pictures :blush: .
    It's very practical that Mary can quickly teleport them :D . It's easier than climbing stairs in the long wedding gown too.
    Romantic wedding night pics :blush: .
    Where is Lia now that the lobster is on the table??
    Mary is very insightful too, telling Damien that she saw Rebecca's pain from her eyes. Like Damien and Mary, I hope things turn well for Jamie and Bekka.
  • Options

@meerkattime Thanks so much for reading and commenting on my updates! :smiley::heart: I love reading your comments.
    I love taking landscapes almost as much as taking pics of my sims. :grin:
    I think the mirror was playing games with Mary! :hushed:
    I feel bad y'all have not been able to see her true beauty so I had to give a partial vision of her.
    Jamie is really a softie! I do hope Catarina will grow to like him since she is Godmother to Bekka.
    Oh...the bunny's came with Severinka's set here I adore that set and use it often.
    hehe, Lia should have come out and got leftovers.
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thanks for the link! The fairy garden set looks adorable :blush: .
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Tangled

https://youtu.be/CjWQZBmJf6M

Jamie walks over to Bekka after saying goodbye to the last guest. He has to wait for the delivery guys to pick up the flowers and other things from the wedding. “I’m sorry we can’t leave right away. If you are cold, I can meet you at your house in a little while.”
    “I’m fine. I don’t mind keeping you company. Are you ok?” Bekka is still looking at him with concern.
    “I’m great! Why do you ask?”
    “I noticed you were emotional during the service. I was worried you were taking on too much emotion during the ceremony.”
    Jamie looks at her puzzled but also liking the fact that she is concerned about him. It does not seem she is indifferent to him or how he is feeling. He explains. “That was pure and simply joy and happiness for my friend and Mary. The words they declared to each other were so perfect. My heart was overflowing at that moment."
    "I don’t take emotion unless I see that it is too much or hurting someone. Like the anger and frustration in Mary and the hurt and anger in you. The emotions were hurting both of you and had built into toxic levels by not being released. I released it. During the ceremony that was just me being emotional.”
    Bekka nods in understanding while thinking to herself. Wow, a man not afraid to show emotion and not the least bit ashamed to admit it either.
    “It was a beautiful ceremony and the love just shines when looking at those two. I sure hope things work out, and Mary is able to stay here so you can continue to try and help her.
    50881973981_f774d787dd_o.jpg

Jamie puts the fire out of the last fire pit so it will cool down before it has to be transported back to the warehouse. He turns to Rebecca. “I did not realize your Godmother is Caterina Vanderburg. She let me know right away when I welcomed her to the wedding and she saw you here. She has offered to go through some of Renauld’s royal family tomes to see if she can discover anything that might help us. Mary told me about her offer before they left.”
    “Yes, did I not tell you the other night who she was? I’m sorry. She is a generous lady but can be very cautious as many swindlers have tried to take advantage of them knowing Renauld's royal heritage.”
    “I met her a few weeks ago in the course of my job. She was most disapproving of me until I rid her of the poltergeists plaguing the mansion.”

Bekka laughs, her eyes shining with mischief. “Aha, you are the ‘arrogant young man on the motorcycle’ that impressed her with your abilities.”
    Jamie grins at the description that had to have come from Catarina. “ So, she mentioned me to you? Yes, I guess I was a little arrogant when she questioned my abilities and looked down her nose at my motorcycle. Does she give you a hard time about riding a motorcycle?
    “Yes, of course she does. She loves me and is just concerned for my safety. I love her but I love riding too.”
    50881973966_6006db7bfb_o.jpg

They walk down to the pond as they talk and gaze out over the frozen waters. Jamie asks, “Do you have your skates with you?”
    “Yes, in my side bag on my bike.”
    “Shall we skate while we wait for the pickup?
    Bekka nods with enthusiasm and they both hurry to get their skates and rush back to the pond.
    50881973956_149a41b689_o.jpg

They start off skating side by side around the small pond. They talk as they skate, laughing together and getting to know each other. Jamie asks her to do a spin, and he loves holding her hands as they slowly spin.
    50867747512_d8055bdee9_o.jpg
    50882019491_62298ae578_o.jpg

They spin in slow lazy circles, and Jamie’s happiness in being with her shines from his face. Bekka also seems to be enjoying herself. She is relaxed, and he does not sense any tenseness or anxiety in her this evening. Jamie tells her a funny story that has her laughing. She has a beautiful laugh and he wants to hear it as often as possible.
    50866927433_52c6e15ed0_o.jpg
    50867647321_8e2a71bec4_o.jpg

Suddenly their skates are tangled up as one of them hits a rock on the ice. Both flail around trying to find balance but end up on the cold hard ice.
    “Are you ok?” Jamie asks Rebecca worried she might be injured.
    “I’m fine, you? She asks.
    “I’m good too,” he tells her.
    Bekka's thoughts are as tangled as their skates were a moment ago. She can feel herself relaxing with Jamie and becoming more comfortable around him. Her heart is telling her one thing and her mind another. Which should she listen to? She sighs not really knowing the answer. She reaches out allowing Jamie to help her up from the ice.
    50867647286_9eaebb2a58_o.jpg
    50866927373_ee7ba5a804_o.jpg
    50901464396_b94ef2550b_o.jpg

Jamie hears a voice calling. “Hey dude, we collected all the stuff. You want to come sign for it?” Jamie walks over and signs the paperwork.
    Bekka decides she needs to quit worrying and just enjoy the evening. They walk back down the path to their bikes. They ride over to the diner as their cake is long gone and both are hungry. “The diner is the first place Damien took me after I moved here. Great food and the service is always excellent.”
    “Yes, good home cooking can always be found here. Growing up I spent many a Friday night as a teen here, after ball games.The owners were always around and kept the troublemakers away, so we could just eat, dance and have some fun.”
    The snow is starting to fall heavily again, and Bekka sticks her tongue out to catch a flake on it.
    Jamie loves seeing her so relaxed and covers his mouth trying not to laugh at the cute picture she makes.
    50901583207_c0a5a0a127_o.jpg
    50866927288_1e4949a31b_o.jpg
    50867647151_6a93cd5d2e_o.jpg

They enjoy a delicious dinner, both selecting the special of the evening. Homemade chili, just perfect on a cold winter evening to warm them up. It was served up with warm cornbread muffins that were dripping in honey butter.
    Jamie follows Rebecca home and looks around her yard. “You know what this yard needs?”
    “No, what, queries Rebecca?
    “A snowman!”
    Jamie helps her build a snowman for the yard, and they laugh and toss snow at each other as they build it.
    50867647111_28f83b8bb1_o.jpg
    50866927138_535b1e911c_o.jpg
    50867747022_2f8f8ceb6d_o.jpg

“That was fun. Let's go inside and warm up. I’ll fix some hot cocoa after checking on the cats.”
    50881921708_27bca17ce9_o.jpg

Bekka greets her cats and after Sari winds her way around Bekka’s feet she strolls over to Jamie, sniffs him cautiously and promptly hisses. Jamie and Bekka both burst into infectious laughter at the antics of the cat.
    50866454887_ce09fe6868_o.jpg

Bekka fixes hot cocoa, and they sit across from each other at the table enjoying the warm chocolatey drink. Jamie invites her to go with him and the ghosts to the festival. “I know you probably must work since it is Monday. I was hoping you could take a couple of hours off in the afternoon and go with us.”
    “I will be ready for a break by then so that sounds like fun. That is the good thing about being your own boss and able to take off occasionally without issue. ”
    50882041438_06e950b7dc_o.jpg
    50882759946_c7e502657c_o.jpg

Jamie prepares to leave and tells Rebecca how much he enjoyed spending time with her. I’m glad you are going tomorrow and will pick you up around 1 pm. Will that be ok?
    “Yes, I can be ready then.”
    Sari is twining around her ankles again wanting attention and Bekka reaches down and picks her up.
    50882041353_772cf2500c_o.jpg

Jamie can’t hug her with the cat in her arms. “Thanks for the company. I thoroughly enjoyed being with you this evening.”
    Bekka rubs her chin on Sari’s head, and the kitty starts purring contentedly. “I enjoyed it very much too. Thank you for inviting me. I’m looking forward to tomorrow.”
    50882041313_5bc1e35b40_o.jpg

It is snowing heavier when Jamie leaves. Bekka stands at the window watching him ride off worrying about him riding in the snow down the mountain roads. Should I have asked him to stay? Would that give him the wrong impression?
    50882865897_926b31bf6a_o.jpg
    50882865952_b5c0294d20_o.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited February 2021
    @bekkasan It's always nice when you surprise us with a story update. :blush:
    So Bekka noticed Jamie getting emotional during the ceremony huh? ;)
    Awww to what Jamie said about why he did. <3
    Bekka nods in understanding while thinking to herself. Wow, a man not afraid to show emotion and not the least bit ashamed to admit it either.
    ^Yep. Total plus in a man. :star:
    I don't blame the Vanderburgs for being cautious around strangers. I imagine most people of wealth are.
    Bekka laughs, her eyes shining with mischief. “Aha, you are the ‘arrogant young man on the motorcycle’ that impressed her with your abilities.”
    Jamie grins at the description that had to have come from Catarina.
    ^That was so cute! :blush:
    Nice that Bekka had her skates with her. ;) Jamie too. :mrgreen:
    I see a hint of a rainbow in the background while they're skating. :) Aww, love the picture of them holding hands and twirling. <3
    Beautiful grin you captured on Jamie there. :love: Bekka's looks just as beautiful too. You can see the adoration for each other in their eyes. <3
    Oh no they fell. :lol:
    Bekka's thoughts are as tangled as their skates were a moment ago.
    ^Love that. 👍
    Those guys calling Jamie "dude." :lol:
    I dunno how you captured this shot, but I love it! :mrgreen:
    50867647151_6a93cd5d2e_o.jpg
    Man their dinner sounds delish. :yum:
    Building a snowman together is always a cute thing to do on a wintery date. :blush: I wish EA had added an animation of couples throwing snow at each other while building one. That would've been awesome! 👍
    Yay she invited him inside for cocoa. :blush: I'm so glad she's becoming more and more comfortable around him. (And of course we know her heart is continually falling for him. ;)<3 )
    Hmm, does Sari know something about Jamie that the rest of us don't? :smirk:;)
    Jamie can’t hug her with the cat in her arms.
    ^Darn it! :joy::p
    I love the picture of Bekka looking out the window at him riding away. Yeah...she could've invited him to stay and he wouldn't have minded it at all I'm sure. ;) But sometimes it's better not to rush things, even if it is a good thing. Her heart is still learning to trust and love again. The right time for that will present itself soon. :blush:
    This was a very cute chapter to read and I very much enjoyed it. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@bekkasan
    Lady Vanderburg seems to be a nice but also somewhat strict. I like that fit that type of person well.
    Very nice, those two close-ups while skating
    The way you describe those meals, always makes me hungry
    Good that he invited her to the festival
    Brilliant picture with Bekka in the window.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @bekkasan Finally some alone time for Jamie and Bekka!
    It's nice that Bekka worries about Jamie, but fortunately without a reason this time.
    I agree with Bekka that the capability to show emotion without shame is an absolute plus in a man.
    Yeah, we all hope Mary won't be taken away this spring :s .
    I love that hairstyle on Bekka <3 . The hat is one of my favourites. I hope the tips of her ears won't freeze though!
    Hehe, it will be easier for Jamie to get Mrs Vandenburg to approve him after the excellent job he did at their house :) .
    Awesome - they both took their skates to the wedding :smiley: . A motorbike is a great thing to have to make this possible :p !
    I hope skating keeps them warm!
    Absolutely lovely pictures! The pond looks so beautiful, and I love the color of the sky behind the first picture where they spin :love: .
    It makes it somewhat easier for Jamie compared to an average guy that he can sense feelings ;) . I'm glad he's not sensing any discomfort tonight.
    Hehe, that happens to everybody when skating - hope they didn't get bruises!
    I'm glad they are getting out of the cold, but it's a shame they can't travel on a same bike to break the ice a bit more ;) .
    Eating and dancing sounds good :blush: .
    Haha, I love the close up of Bekka catching the snow on her tongue combined with Jamie's expression :D .
    Cute pictures of them making the snowman. Jamie is trying to win more time with her :p . Where's the invitation?
    There it comes. Hot cocoa sounds nice! :p I'm sure Jamie will impress Bekka even more now because the cats will love him of course - he has the bond with animals :) .
    Hissing, oh no! :#:o
    Glad Bekka gets to meet Jamie and the ghosts :) .
    Oh Bekka, it's not the time to hug the cat you can hug anytime :# ! It's time to hug your special guest! Or kiss him maybe... Ok, I know it's too soon, but still...
    C'mon Bekka - it's an awful weather, you worry about him and you didn't ask him to stay on the couch??
    I love both the picture of Jamie leaving on his motorcycle and Bekka standing at the window :star: .
  • Options

@emorrill Thanks so much for reading my story. I love your comments! :heart::smiley:
    I thought that was the perfect time to show that Jamie can be emotional and not ashamed of it. A real man! :heart:
    Catarina is a fun character to write.
    Of course, all sims carry their skates in the side bags on the motorcycles or in the trunks of the cars, right? :grin:
    I don't think Bekka is adoring him yet. She's just having fun. Sorry. At this point, she still hasn't had a single romantic wish yet. She did get hearts initially, but we all know that doesn't really mean anything. Slow sim!! I don't know what I will do if she doesn't start getting romantic thoughts. It's not good to force sims together that don't seem to belong. Perhaps they need more alone time together that doesn't involve fighting, old boyfriends, work, weddings or ghosts for her to start thinking more romantically about him.
    lol, she kept her tongue out for the longest time too. I was like just go in the diner!

@Tamijo Thanks so much for your comments! :smiley::heart:
    I really like Catarina's personality and writing her into the story as a side character is fun. She is one I'd be tempted to play if I played EA sims. :grin:
    It was cold here that day and I took some chili out of the freezer and made cornbread to go with it (no honey butter though) so I had inspiration for that meal. :grin:
    Thanks for the compliments on the pictures of skating and the window one. The frost really makes the picture as she is watching him leave.

@meerkattime Hi! Thanks so much for reading my story and your comments always make me smile. :smiley::heart:
    I wanted Bekka and my readers to know that Jamie can take others emotions but only when it is hurting them, but shows emotions without shame. Definite plus in a man.
    Lol, yes I hope her ear tips don't freeze!
    I've missed the skating opportunities these last few years so just love seeing my sims have fun on the ponds. It is a pretty area and makes for lovely pictures too.
    Yes, I need to have Bekka's bike breakdown...or Jamie's. :grin:
    The cats are so unpredictable and I do love that about them when sims are 'unknown' to them. :lol:
    Bekka is still pretty conflicted about her feelings and her past. Luckily Jamie is patient. I'm hoping more time with him will draw her into trusting him and wanting a closer relationship with him. In game she is not having romantic thoughts or wishes yet. So apparently she wants to go slow as my story is going. :grin:
    Thanks for the compliments on the pictures.
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Great update!

Although I´m not really sure if Bekka is the right girl for Jamie. Sorry to say but she has so many problems, Jamie should not try to heal them all, she has to be willing to heal herself and I don´t see that in her. She must have many more problems in her than just being betrayed by her last boyfriend, it hurts, yes, but after a year she should have overcome that! It wasn´t the right one for her, get your sh...i...t together, girl!!!
    I don´t like her being so remote and cold to Jamie!!!! He deserves a girl who loves him unconditionally!!!!!!!!
    (sorry for my rant!!! But I like Jamie and he deserves only the best!!!!)

He looks sad when they left for the diner, I don´t want him to be sad!

I hope she will change soon!

WHAT A COOL SHOT of Jamie on the bike!!!!!! yummy!!!!

At least she is worrying about his safety when he rides his bike through the snowstorm!!!!!

More, please, I want to see Jamie happy!!!!!

<3<3<3
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for reading and your comments which I do love. :heart::smiley: I love how protective you are of Jamie and you are a wonderful champion for him.
    You have to remember that it has only been a few days since Bekka and Jamie met time wise. I play very slow. Jamie knows she is the one for him as he has that sensitive, empathic thing going on. She doesn't. He has faith that it will work out. He also has patience and is willing to give her the time she needs. I told @DivaDoodle on the other thread she had to be patient. You will have to be patient too and eventually your wish may be granted. (I'm reminding you of all those maybe's you told me about SIf for Tyler. lol )

Bekka has issues just like any girl that has been hurt and also lost her parents at a vulnerable age. I actually prefer my sims to be a little slow with relationships. Damien and Mary kinda had to rush because spring is coming. :grin: I want to be sure she wants it too and I think she will once they start spending more time together. I go by the wishes they get and since I've interfered with that by controlling most of the actions between the two it is probably my fault she is staying friendly at this point. I've never had any of my sims fight before so I'm not sure if that affected them in some way as well. Well, I've had sims fight other mean sims, but not someone I wanted them to be with. She is attracted to him. I get to see those moodlets when they are together. :grin: She is also going to be getting help from someone other than Jamie.

I wrote a poem the other morning when I got up early not being able to go back to sleep. It was written from Bekka's view towards Jamie as part of her 'therapy' which hasn't started story wise but has in my head. This past update wasn't the time to use it. I don't know if I will use it, depends on how the story flows as I play. This is a rough month memory wise for me so I may have put too much of my personal emotions in it.

I may have to work tomorrow so not sure how much playing I'll do this weekend. Hopefully some. :smiley:
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@bekkasan oh I hadn't thought of directing a sim could interfere with their wishes!!!

Yes I am with you there! I want to be sure my sims really want and choose the sim as their partner too, so I totally understand! we are romantics and want that romance for our sims! and I am sure that you love all your sims it is very evident and you are so good to them!

you're right, just because Bekka hasn't wish for or declared anything doesn't mean it wont happen in time! At least she doesn't just go for the fun flirt and then change her mind the very next day, like my Victor just has done! sheesh is that frustrating! and it Wasn't the man-chin because it was after I fixed it! Oh boy, maybe he LIKED her man-chin and now I wrecked the relationship! :open_mouth::D:D

I look forward to Bekka's path to healing, that sounds really good! And good for personal growth!
    But I have to be honest with ya, I like the easy way, if I ever knew a person could heal me without making me do all the hard hard work, you Know I would go for that!

''This is a rough month memory wise for me so I may have put too much of my personal emotions in it.''
    I'm so sorry my friend (((hugs))) it shouldn't be allowed to happen to such a kind person.
  • Options

@DivaDoodle I'm used to directing my story sims but I do go mostly by their wishes in that I wouldn't try to force one to be with someone they never had a wish for or do a job that they didn't want. I never would have thought about the 'fight' causing a slowdown in their relationship but it is still early on so we shall see. My work got cancelled for today so I finished doing what had to be done and Mary's save is loading now. woot woot!!

lol at the easy path. yeah, there are times I wish someone could take the pain away but I also wouldn't want to lose any of the love that we shared either so not sure if it is worth that risk. It's better than it was...it's not all the time and yes the pain does ease so I don't feel I'm strangling in my own brain anymore.

Thank you! :::hugs:::
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    A Pickup Man

After a memorable night filled with love and laughter and passion, the newlyweds are sleeping soundly, wrapped in each other’s arms.
    50918385858_14f90ab03c_o.jpg

Bekka is up early finishing the unique designs and proposal on the renovations for Spring Manor. She works energetically for several hours adding the touches that Damien, Mary and Jamie requested. Her alarm goes off prompting her to stop. She must get ready for her appointment. She grabs a bite to eat, showers, and adds fresh crunchies to the cat bowls before leaving.
    50901619658_bef6432956_o.jpg
    50918388933_136761f697_o.jpg

Jamie reads an interesting chapter explaining magical properties of certain rare plants and animal products that were rumored to miraculously restore life. I really do need to talk to Emmaline and find an experienced witch to help with this magical stuff, Jamie thinks to himself. He bookmarks the fascinating chapter for later review as it is time to pick up the ghosts for their outing.
    50902445272_32414601fe_o.jpg

Jamie borrows his friend's truck for the day. He left his motorcycle with Nicholas and hopes Nicholas doesn't wreck it. The ghosts are already outside when he arrives to pick them up. He is taking them early to give them a longer time to enjoy the outing at the festival. The ghosts gather in the back of the truck excited about being able to leave the property again and looking forward to their day out.
    50919076176_fdcb586a2d_o.jpg

Bekka puts on her warm weather gear and rides to town. She follows the signs at the hospital that steer her to the counselors office. She introduces herself and is invited to sit down.
    50919076271_fd54791c01_o.jpg
    50919076201_98fe1d6caf_o.jpg
    50926240637_50006a6bf6_o.jpg

The first part of the session is basically filling out paperwork and answering the questions posed by the counselor as to what has happened recently to prompt her to schedule the appointment. Bekka explains what happened at the park, her reaction and this was not the first incident. She describes a few other incidents for the doctor. She explains what happened a year ago and how she hid herself away from her friends and loved ones burying herself in work. The counselor jots a few notes on her pad as Bekka talks.
    “What exactly do you want me to help with?”
    “Aren’t you supposed to advise me?”
    The counselor shakes her head and smiles serenely at Bekka. “This is for you, Rebecca, not for me. You need to tell me what you want out of this.”
    “I don’t want this uncertainty and uncontrolled anger in my life. I want to be able to trust again and enjoy my friends and life. My Godmother and a friend both told me I need to forgive my ex in order to get over it. I’m not quite certain I can do that, but I guess I need to try because I’m tired of being bitter.”
    “Merely acknowledging what you need represents a first step. I would like you to keep track of your emotions and write them down occasionally. Anything at all, happy, anxious, sad, angry, fearful. Write it down. Don’t spend all day doing it. It is not an essay. Just jot a word or two down on a piece of paper that will help you recall what you experienced. It may surprise you once things are in writing.That is all the time we have for today. See you tomorrow.”
    Bekka walks to her ride deep in thought. She takes a pencil and scrap of paper out of her bag and jots two words down...anxious...hope. She tucks the paper and pencil in her pocket and rides home.
    50925426253_8e321fc5bf_o.jpg

Bekka arrives home just as Jamie pulls up in the old truck. “New wheels!” Bekka teases him.
    Jamie grins at her. “Darlin', please tell me you like a pickup man?”
    Bekka wiggles her brows at him as she responds enthusiastically. “I absolutely adore a pickup man.”
    Jamie decides then and there he is buying a pickup as soon as he has extra funds.
    He turns around and begins to sing the chorus to a song that was popular a few years back as he helps Bekka into the truck.
    Bekka climbs in with his help and sings with him as she recognizes the song. Off they go to the festival singing together and laughing at each other as they try remembering the words to the song and humming in a few places when they forget.
    She pulls the piece of paper and pencil out of her pocket and jots down two words...Jamie...surprised.
    50919208902_d92c788071_o.jpg
    50918388603_c665f73af4_o.jpg

https://youtu.be/9I51JXpcLwk

Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited February 2021
    @bekkasan I know this was a short update, but it was definitely worth waiting for as much as the others. :kissing_heart:
    I LOVE that I knew the song the title was about right away before finding that you shared it below. :mrgreen: (I felt kinda awesome! :star::lol: )
    Aww, Mary and Damien look so cozy and in love under the blanket there. <3<3#perfectcouple
    Love the outfit Bekka changed into for her appointment. :blush:
    Shirtless Jamie on the bed. :love: Yes he needs to get with Emmaline very soon so they can bounce some ideas off each other.
    The ghosts are ready for some more fun! :smiley:
    I'm so happy that Bekka took that step in seeing a counselor and getting help. <3 I swear that felt like one of my own therapy sessions... Great writing. :star:
    I don't blame Bekka at all for wanting to stop feeling so angry in life and desire to trust people again.
    I think my therapist told me once to write down stuff, but I think it was my blessings. I like the one word idea. Makes it easier to do. :star:
    Bekka arrives home just as Jamie pulls up in the old truck. “New wheels!” Bekka teases him.
    Jamie grins at her. “Darlin', please tell me you like a pickup man?”
    Bekka wiggles her brows at him as she responds enthusiastically. “I absolutely adore a pickup man.”
    ^ :mrgreen: That's so dang cute, I LOVE it! <3
    And them singing - and sometimes humming :lol: - that song together in the truck. Awwwww. <3<3
    (I totally hum the words I don't know on songs too. :lol: Then I have to look the lyrics up later. ;) )
    My favorite line that always made me chuckle was: You can set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill and I still wouldn't trade it for a coupe Deville. :joy: And the I met all my wives in traffic jams would make me laugh too.
    Great song. Great singer. May he rest in peace.
    More soon please! :grin:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@bekkasan:
    Like the interior design surrounding the two early Bekka shots. Gives a great impression of her study room and the cozy, quite simple and old fashion style kitchen.
    Very nice picture of Jamie reading the “witch” book. Realising he might have found “something” but might also need help to decipher the contents.
    Love how you hit the nail on the “Doctor” stuff. They can’t fix anything – but they can guide you to fix yourself.
    As with most of the country scene I did not know this song. Perfect fit for the chapter, and good too. Most people would probably not even notice but I’m crazy with the underlaying acoustic piano.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options

@emorrill I just love reading your comments. :heart::smiley: I do appreciate them so much.
    I wondered if you would know that song, but I remembered when Joe Diffie passed away last year you knew him and his music. He had such fun songs with great beats to dance to.
    Bekka wants to be whole again. It doesn't happen overnight but Jamie helped already getting all that pent up emotion out of her. I do wish it was that easy in real life.
    I dunno what made me think of the song when he was driving the truck but I did and just had to add the lines and song. I needed some fun and lightness in the story. I love the scenes in the video of the little boy riding the Barbie doll and the little girl kissing him...so cute!
    Now I need him to drive the tractor and play Kenny's "She thinks my tractor's sexy" song. :LOL: Just kidding, he's not a farmer type.
    Thanks again and already working on the next part. Maybe this weekend.

@tamijo Thanks so much for reading and your comments. :heart::smiley:
    I love building and tried to convey exactly that with her style so your comments means a lot that it came across that way! Thanks!
    That is it exactly, they can help you, help yourself.
    I'm glad you liked the song. It is more of an older country sound to it than what is played today. Yes, I hear that piano too and it does add to it.
  • Options
    @bekkasan I want that cute flower blanket irl :smiley: .
    Brrr, the weather looks so cold behind Rebecca's window...
    That's an interesting book. I hope Jamie can find magical help who knows if it could be useful for Mary's case.
    Jamie is kind to take the ghosts out. I hope they will be having lots of fun. I'm sure Jamie will when he meets Bekka.
    I think the outfit Bekka is wearing while riding doesn't look thick enough for the weather, but I hope it keeps the wind away ;) .
    I hope the counsellor can help Bekka with her problems. Sounds very professional to ask Bekka to tell what she is looking for from her therapy. That's exactly what they would do to a new client. Also a good idea to write down her feelings :star: .
    I think the counsellor is a pretty sim. Her glasses and hairstyle suit her :blush: .
    I love the conversation between Jamie and Bekka about that pickup :smiley: .
    That's cute that they are singing the song together in the car. These two are getting along famously <3 .
    Looking forward to read more :smiley: .
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @bekkasan: Great chapters. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    @bekkasan : great chapter, as always!
    What a nice picture of Jamie, I really like his sleepwear!!!!! :D
    Good that he is still researching in Mary´s case, I hope he´ll find a powerful witch who can help with brewing Ambrosia.

The picture of the ghost waiting for getting into the truck is so funny! Seems as if all of them were just woken up and are still in their sleepwear! It must have been very early when Jamie picked them up. :D
    They must have been so exited!

Bekka riding her bike looks cool! Especially when I see that she doesn´t wear gloves. This must be cool! :D
    To be asked what she wanted to achieve at the first hour of counselling is hard. I didn´t know what I wanted or why I needed help when I went to a psychologist, we had to work that out after many hours, because I wasn´t even aware where my problems were...
    But it seems that Jamie had helped Bekka to be assure what she wanted. Great work Jamie, you´re such a gifted guy!!!! <3

:D the singing along in the truck was funny. Altough I fail of understanding why a truck is such a special car?!?
    I liked the text of the song, very funny!
    Unfortunately I´m no listener of country music, I grew up and still am surrounded by a completely different music, we liked/like much much different music here. The only country songs I know are some of John Denver and Christopher Cross. Sorry for that!!
    But it´s always good to get to know something new and this song was pretty good!

Interesting words of Bekka according to Jamie: surprised??? What does she mean????
    Do I really have to wait untill the next update to get to know why she wrote that??????
  • Options

@meerkattime Thanks so much for reading my story and your comments! :heart::smiley: I really enjoy reading your thoughts.
    I love that quilt! I have a few other quilt patterns that I found for beds. Some translate better than others. I would love to make one like that in RL too.
    It's leather, so I guess it does break the wind somewhat. I'm imagining it is fleece lined.
    Thank you! re the counselor! I had a vision of what I wanted in my head and she turned out pretty close to that vision. I wish the game had more nice office style suits for professionals to wear. Some of the ones were just a little too sexy for what I wanted. Even her blouse was a little lower cut than I wanted. I should go on a cc hunt. :grin:
    Yes, I think a good therapist would want to know what the client expects and sometimes the client may not know to begin with. But, that is something they could explore together. Bekka knows mostly what she wants. She's just not sure she can do it.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the conversation and singing.

@Puddinroy Thanks! I appreciate your comment. :smiley:

@AlexaKry I'm glad to see you and happy you were able to read the update and make comments! :smiley::heart: Your comments always make me smile and sometimes think about what I wrote. :grin:
    His nightwear is pretty good even if chilly looking for winter! :grin:
    I had to laugh at the ghosts walking out in their PJ's. They were very anxious to get out of the house! Several had stir crazy moodlets! :grin:
    Well, Bekka pretty much identified her problem in talking with her Godmother and with Jamie. She just needs help figuring out how to forgive and stop harboring her anger and hurt, and why she let her ex control their relationship (she hasn't figured out she needs to do the last thing yet) I don't see her being whole and able to open fully to Jamie until she figures that last one out. Jamie would never try to control her though.
    The truck thing is definitely a country thing here in the US. Some parts though, people look down on trucks and folks who enjoy their trucks and off roading, tailgating etc.
    I mostly listen to country or soft rock, but I do listen to other music at times. Depends on my mood. I love bluesy jazz and talked my son into joining the Jazz band when he was in high school. He likes so many styles of music that has influenced him with his love of music and band. He enjoys classical orchestral music so he introduced me to a lot of that.
    You will have to wait. :tongue: Actually, no, :grin: Most of the time the things she writes down will be easily figured out. This one probably not so much. She and Jamie don't really know each other very well even though they both had an immediate attraction to each other and of course Jamie knows she is his soulmate. They are still learning things about each other and Bekka was surprised at his singing ability
  • Options
    @bekkasan : there´s central heating in all my houses so my men always wear just pants, makes the playing much more pleasant for my eyes! o:)

LOL about the ghosts, it really looked as if they couldn´t get out of the house fast enough! :D (like: finally getting out of here, let´s run to the car, we can change clothes later!)

Yes, Bekka has certainly to figure out why she still has so many problems with her ex so that thoughts about him dominate her behavior while getting along with somebody. There has to be more pain in that relationship than just the betrayal....

Aha, it was a surprise for her that he could sing so nice! Thanks for the explanation!! (didn´t she consider to write "fun" while driving with Jamie? :p )
    I am always surprised by the fact that they don´t know each other so well and that they are at the beginning of their relationship, in my head they are already much much further in their relationship somehow! :D:D

Oh, I see, using this trucks they want to represent a certain attitude towards life, right? We have that here with some certain cars, too, like the VW Golfs or the VW Polos or with certain BMWs. There are even clubs where they meet and talk and screewing at the cars and tuning the cars, like lowering the cars and such. We just use different cars than trucks. In the last years there have been appeared more trucks on the German streets, but not very much, somehow we don´t drive them. Our cars are more compact, even the biggest SUVs here are somehow smaller than yours. :D

I love swing and jazz, my dad used to listen to that kind of music when I was young! My music taste was formed in the 80s, I mostly listened to music coming from Great Britain, all this New Romantic stuff from Spandau Ballet or Duran Duran, moreover I loved (and still loooove) to listen to electronic music like the early days of Depeche Mode (whom I still love to listen to!) or Kraftwerk or OMD and especially Pet Shop Boys, my all time favorite band! But I like to listen to some classic music, too, I like to listen to waltz music.
    So everytime you link a country song I hear something new, which is great, because I like to learn more about other music! I just don´t understand some of the themes they are singing about. :D
  • Options

Bekka's house has central heating. Damien's is still under construction so doesn't work all the time. So, they use the fireplaces as much as they can. The hotel has central heating but the little stoves are for atmosphere. Yes, having them wear the comfy outfits :wink: is very pleasant to the eyes.

Yes, she could have written fun as well. :grin:

They have car clubs here too. One of them is a jeep club and they hold a jeep parade and every year and dang if you get stuck behind it. There are usually several hundred vehicles in the parade. There is a car show every year at one of the fancy resorts on the island, and that one has the fancy, very expensive cars that only the rich can afford.

I'm glad to know I am introducing you to new music. I know more of the younger country artists were touring in Europe before Covid hit. Most of the themes are family, love, breakups and home. Then you have the fun stuff like drinking songs, dancing songs, truck songs and sexy tractors and songs that make fun of the genre. :lol: Country artists have great sense of humors and like poking fun of themselves and each other.
  • Options
    @bekkasan : LOL I like the thought of a song about tractor love!!!
    I can´t understand being in love with a tractor but think it´s funny!
    Do you know that there even are games about tractors? How to fix them and how to tune them? And who has the most beautiful tractor of the world???? :D Must clearly be a men´s thing!!!

Yeah, there are some clubs for only the expensieve cars as well here, some of them even organize illegal races on the Autobahnen (motorways), endangering innocent people who just drive on the freeways correctly. Such people are 🐸🐸🐸🐸, they should be punished hard when getting caught!
    The other clubs are much more harmless, but they like to drive in convoys to their meetings as well, with the same result as yours!!! :D:s
    They just don´t make parades, we don´t have so many parades here, only the carnival parades and the Christopher street days parades could be counted as parades.
    You have to approve a parade as a demonstration by authorities here, maybe this is the reasons why we don´t have so many?

Country music isn´t listened to very much, as I already said, it isn´t played often on the radio. Perhaps because our country life looks much diffrent from yours? We have Schlager and Volksmusik instead, although I can gladly say that I don´t listen to such a music. :D
  • Options

@AlexaKry hehe, it is more a song about the girl thinking the guys tractor is sexy and him. Here it is. :grin:
    Kenny was very popular at one time. Not my favorite, but still had some good songs in his time.
    https://youtu.be/uWu4aynBK7E

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top