Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Use Endanger Fish As Food Recipe? Serioulsy (-_-)|||

AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
For Simmers who have both Island Living and Snow Escape Expansion, there is a shocking revelation. There is new sushi called Maki roll, a specific one called Tuna Maki Roll. By name you can obviously know the essential recipe is tuna, however if you think it's tuna from St Myshuno in City Living. Bzzz! Wrong! In fact, this particular Tuna Must come from Sulani and it's no other than The Bluefin Tuna which in Another fact, an Endanger Species by in game design. Sorry, the recipe is irreplaceable by designed as well. No idea which genius dev decide to use Endanger Species fish as food recipe, have they already neglecting the nature saving theme when launching the Island Living Expansion?

Simply express how uncomfortable right now knowing the fact the food recipe Has to be an Endanger Species. Yes even it's just the game, however the message is still bothersome as reality. Fact: Bluefin Tuna is an endanger species in reality.
TtgjnFL.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
Post edited by Ancaryvan on

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    As much as I understand the consequenses in real life, this is no worse than my sim fishing it up, mounting it on a wooden plaque and hanging it on his/her wall. Still, they could have used the other Tuna for this, no doubt.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Okay few things... you can uncheck the use fresh ingredients and you can make tuna maki roll without the bluefin tuna. Some other recipes even with use fresh ingredients clicked off you can't do that with.. but this one you can... so the dish isn't off limits for anyone. You don't need to get the illegal fish to do it. My sim had no fish in her inventory/fridge or storage when she made it so no fish imagined or real were harmed in the creation of this picture.
    9aVwDJi.png
    qCDL017.png
    Next... if you want to play a your game in a way where you don't catch endangered fish, the game makes it a point to give you that option. If you choose to keep those fish you definitely know what are you are doing. This one isn't the bluefin one but I didn't try that hard to find one. Here is the type of message you get though.
    JaUtShP.png
    I got that image from another sim I play that is a fisherman and kept the fish. He wants the trophies on his wall despite any consequences that could happen. Personally I like having options like this because the world isn't all sunshine and roses and sometimes I play bad sims on purpose. Much like some people might play out... I dunno blood sucking vampires, kleptomanics, cheaters and more in their sim games.
    It's a game that you can tell stories with, and you can even learn lessons through sometimes. I think it's more than well covered in this instance.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    The fish being endangered is an aspect of island living's island preservation mechanic and your sim has a chance of getting in trouble for keeping fish tagged endangered. So making a recipe in snowy escape require a fish that your sim could get into trouble for using whenever they made this dish is either an oversight or done intentionally for game play options. Most likely a useful oversight. Not sure why people are jumping down the op's throat for calling it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    qCDL017.png
    Wow really appreciated the tip. To be honest I forget the game has the untick feature, and glad we can still have impeccable quality, base on your picture given. Still displeased by the design, an endanger species is necessary recipe and disappoint that regular tuna from St Myshuno is U~~seless.

Fun fact: Tuna Casserole, the basegame dish, indeed requires tuna as necessary recipe but ever since City Living has launched, the dev Still Forget to Implement Tuna from St Myshuno as core recipe for the basegame dish.

If the devs remember to put an endanger fish from Sulani for making Maki sushi roll, how would they still forget putting a regular fish from St My Shuno for Tuna Casserole.

Thank you for listening and sorry for dragging you be my recycler

@izecson wrote: »
    I'm sure no real Southern Bluefin Tuna was harmed during the development of this game's recipe
    :lol: Of course! Still the devs have forgot they put the in game Bluefin Tuna as Endanger Status like reality, so still uncomfortable as reality knowing Using Endanger Species Animal as food recipe, hey that is one piece of realism play.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Oh, geez.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    i don't think op is upset at the recipe itself but rather at what it promotes.
    while this seems a bit silly to worry about, it's true that some people will probably see this recipe on the game, and as it's a rl recipe they may want to try it in real life (because it happens) thus actually harming the rl fish. just shows that devs should research a bit more to avoid anything remotely controversial, there are so many choices out there. if they're so "worried" for the kids playing the game that they will censor a word like "hicks" on the gallery, then how about not promoting recipes with endangered species in it?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    They’re pixelated fish, pixelated fish can’t become endangered because your computer can generate more at a moment’s notice.
  • Options
    They’re pixelated fish, pixelated fish can’t become endangered because your computer can generate more at a moment’s notice.
    34f05ce44b8b857c800d16d4b0ed23da.jpg
    Reaction: :expressionless: ...
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    But what about the cheese eyeballs? I have questions
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I mean...I-😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I appreciate the OPs sensitivity. I also think the OP needs to know Bluefin is still legally consumed all over the world. I can order some right now. The Sims 4 goes out of its way to educate you as a player that you have caught an endangered species and you have the option of releasing it. If you decide to keep it, you can lose relationship with sims around you and get fined. For the meal, you can also turn off use fresh ingredients so you're not forced to have ingredient "x" to make something. Or you can just not eat Bluefin maki rolls. That's a real life choice too! I can order Bluefin at my favorite Sushi restaurant. or not.

I hope the OP is genuine and has done something in real life to help get the Bluefin added to the protected list.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited February 2021
    Considering it is just a game in a fantasy setting it's not like the tuna in question is going to deplete to extinction simply because your sim is creating a tuna maki roll.

In the real world there are too many people worldwide who want to eat fish, plenty of poachers who are more than happy to steal the fish or their body parts for fake Chinese medicines and no one is protecting the fish from our destructive ways.
    There are plenty of critically endangered species out there and we have hunted them to extinction or near extinction because ironically we are told to have free will with our our own value system and so some of us choose to hunt them. So that's on us for every animal species that dies out.

you should spend that energy you got going on in this thread and use it elsewhere where it can actually make a difference.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think you ought to be able to use either type of tuna if in your inventory, and it should be the same for the tuna casserole.

It would be fun if there was a consequence for eating an endangered species in any fish dish... at least giving good sims a sad moodlet and evil sims a happy moodlet.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Come on it's only a game, why is someone worrying about a pixel fish for 🤣, pandas and tigers are almost exstincted but let's worry about a fake fish ,come on people stop getting your sims to eat that fish this is a serious problem 🤣🤣
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The sims should include 'doing good' and 'doing evil' actions. That'ld make it a more valuable sandbox game. No judgements.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    "In today's news, do video games not only promote violence but also encourage players to hunt endangered species to extinction? Our biased, non fact checked sources all point to yes!"
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @Nikkih wrote: »
    Come on it's only a game, why is someone worrying about a pixel fish for 🤣, pandas and tigers are almost exstincted but let's worry about a fake fish ,come on people stop getting your sims to eat that fish this is a serious problem 🤣🤣

oy-vey.jpg
    :anguished: Have you said something Heartless to the little puppy that it's Must cover both ears from you!?
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    "In today's news, do video games not only promote violence but also encourage players to hunt endangered species to extinction? Our biased, non fact checked sources all point to yes!"

Video game in the future will be censored pretty hard if everything involving animal species sparks controversy, imagine Red Dead Redemption 3 in the future without the ability to ride a horse or catch a fish, or hunt deer for skin and meat because its too cruel.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    izecson wrote: »

Video game in the future will be censored pretty hard if everything involving animal species sparks controversy, imagine Red Dead Redemption 3 in the future without the ability to ride a horse or catch a fish, or hunt deer for skin and meat because its too cruel.

I just dont understand why some people take games too seriously, its entertainment, it's not real, I'm just going to say it the sensitivity those days are getting ridiculous, they need to grow a pair, sponsor a panda or a tiger or something in real life, make a difference outside the game, try correct what other humans have done, (were the most dangerous and worst animal in the planet, let's be real here)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'm sure it is a oversight by developers. Or maybe because San Myshuno's waters are dirty?
    Perhaps the recipe could be set as any tuna, so you can have City Living tuna used for a tuna maki or use that Island Living tuna for a less ethical tuna maki.

But for now, let's calm down. Catching virtual endangered fishes won't affect real endangered fishes. Many players don't want a perfect utopian world, but they also like to have evil sims to do... evil things. The way how players play The Sims is up to them. That's the magic of sandbox games! And most of the time, players won't suddenly start acting like sims (think how many fire deaths would there be then!).
    After all, 99% of players won't be like "I like how sims can catch endangered species so I must do it too!"
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have no words.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    Nikkih wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

I just dont understand why some people take games too seriously, its entertainment, it's not real, I'm just going to say it the sensitivity those days are getting ridiculous, they need to grow a pair, sponsor a panda or a tiger or something in real life, make a difference outside the game, try correct what other humans have done, (were the most dangerous and worst animal in the planet, let's be real here)

True, I dislike that every little 'negative' thing have to be brought up, if the southern bluefin tuna is indeed endangered, and if some simmers who have no idea the status of the fish and actually wanted to create the real life recipe using the said fish im sure they would eventually realize the real tuna species is in endanger, you dont see endangered species being sold in very accessible places unless you insist to actually looking for them after finding out they are a protected species.

Games in 2000 where you can actually catch a Coelacanth fish did not spark any controversy and that fish existed since dinosaur age and is critically endangered.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top