Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Every Sim Got Fat

I played TS4 yesterday and all the Sims, played and unplayed, were normal sized. The played Sims ate reasonably and most went for a jog. Today I log in and every single one of them ballooned out. That's 50+ Sims overweight, some obese. These are characters in a Sim Lit story and now I'm going to have to go into CAS and get them back close to what they were 24 hours ago. This isn't just they ate high calorie food and are now overweight: This includes those who ate just a salad as their main meal and went jogging as well. Is this a glitch? Did this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    My sims are getting fat on salads. Now I use the grill and cook hot dogs or quick meals to keep them from gaining weight. This started happening after the December patch.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Or you can always exercise....
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    It's definitely happened in my game, and I have aging turned off too. Nate Whiplash started off rail-thin, and how he's got a big belly. And Eva C has really ballooned up, she's a big girl now....
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2021
    yeah sims in my game are getting rather big too lately but then again they also don't exercise that much and eat just whatever

I feel like there might have been adjustments though cause i dont recall my sims ever getting fat in previous saves but mostly i welcome the change cause it makes it so i actually have to get my sims working out some and they don't get all bulked up skeletons

there is few sims though that id like to stay thinner so idk i just have to give them more work out i suppose
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I use Roburky's fitness control mod so I haven't noticed.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    There were a couple of saves I had where fat was the norm. My newest save (jan 22) does not have this problem.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    Mine always seem to get fat, more so now that I've got the bug where they ignore the leftovers and cook a new meal each time and boy do they love cooking. I had to turn the stove around and inventory the grill because they would cook group meal after group meal, not even pausing to eat the first meal.
    On a few that had high aspiration points I used the insta lean potion, but then they were freakishly thin, not back to their normal lean state.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I noticed the last time I played, one of the twins (they are still Child age) has gotten a tad chunky. I also noticed that my Global Superstar (even though I use MCCC and his physique is flagged) has gotten a bit fuller of leg than he used to be. I may have to take them all back into cas.fulleditmode and fix them. I don't use the flag on child Sims, or Toddlers, although the fifth child, still a Toddler, has also gotten a bit on the chubby side. The others children never did this, in this age stage. They also are very active children, they have age-appropriate play yard items and can often be found playing even in the snow! This could be something the patch blew up, as I do recall this problem being prevalent ages ago, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I personally have never liked the "sims get fat if they eat certain foods" thing. I don't mind it if they overeat or gain a little baby weight but i'm not trying to count calories in a video game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Globiddle23Globiddle23 Posts: 19 Member
    I haven't had any sims gain weight overnight, but my sim has several babies and some grow up very overweight instead of a mix between the father/mother weights. This might not be a bug, but it seems it should follow the genetics of the parents to me. There are also some that grow up unnaturally thin.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Mine always seem to get fat, more so now that I've got the bug where they ignore the leftovers and cook a new meal each time and boy do they love cooking.

This has nothing to do with sims going fat... if it was the case, it will happen since ages ago (this bug is years old).
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I found it frustrating that they went from the size they were created to really fat in the space of one game day. I don't mind it if it creeps up, but thin frame to fat in one day is too much, especially when you're trying to maintain continuity in a SimLit story....anyway, I manually resized most of them; oh what fun that was.
  • dogedoge Posts: 6 New Member
    this happens to me too
  • Vicky_chingyu1023Vicky_chingyu1023 Posts: 55 Member
    That's why I have a mod named Balanced Emotions AND Needs to give basic metabolism for Sims. :p