Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims3 not avail for sale from origin store anymore?

Or am I doing something wrong?

My old disk was in hubs' laptop because my laptop has no way to play off CDs, and he took it out and now it's missing, so I went to Origin hoping to buy Sims3 all over again and can't find a way to buy it now. It just comes up as Sims4.

Someone shared a link to a Sims3 "buy it now" and I clicked on it but nothing happened.

Is Sims3 still available through Origin or Steam? I have a steam account too.

How can I now buy Sims3?
Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    It shows up normally to me for sale on Origin. In the search box, just type sims 3.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member

Yes it is still available. I am on a Mac so I am assuming that Origin displays the same. On my computer, if I go to Store/Browse Games/The Sims it is listed in a drop down menu below the Sims 4 games. When you choose The Sims, there is a further sub-menu just for Sims 4, don't click that. Just stick with the top The Sims menu and you will find it and all the expansions listed on the bottom of the list. I don't have Steam but I am pretty sure it is available on it too.

]ACtC-3c1EjUBUFElUt_pGrFqR5kGSO6S73J71Byny574ONiF7z_MoACLMB_F7U2nu4LnknAh-ZNfBklOoSH6KHLydZg_upgGiveG9V4VNvVWn5bd92Wnrpn9QFBd3V_XDTpVlkyqCMGOb7S35QyvRVk3_o4r5w=w819-h1000-no?authuser=0

You may already have it though. If you registered your disk copy, you would be entitled to a download.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Nah, the disk was bought before there was such a thing as Origin, I'm pretty sure.

But thank you both. I finally found out how to buy it, am downloading now...a little concerned because it says right there Only Available on Mac...eek, did I just buy a game I can't play on my PC laptop? Hoping that's not the case.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    The 64 bit version is only available on Mac but my understanding is that owning it should still give you access to the 32 bit PC version.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied and offered help. It worked just fine, and unlike the disk, there's no annoying flickering at the top now...and I am loving the bonus content, Night life and so on! Actually can't wait to get another bundle. Played for hours, started a band, got a celebrity point...why oh why isn't Sims4 as good as Sims3?!

I mean...the Sims are kinda ugly, the aliasing is kinda ugly...but looks aren't everything and one quickly stops caring about that in the wonderful immersion and challenge of this game!

It also just seems to be working out better now, on the downloaded version, than it did back in the day with the disk. I have every pack of Sims4 and now Sims3 really has my attention. All of it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 48 Member
    If you already own Sims 3 on CD, you can download it on Origins by using the CD key instead if having to repurchase, same with EPs you already own on CD.
    Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=embuggy
  • Options
    A big thank you to everyone who replied. The issue has been resolved and I've been defecting to Sims3 ever since!

It's amazing to play it on ultra-res, ultra-graphics settings on my laptop with 4 packs installed and running at once and have zero issues.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    If you already own Sims 3 on CD, you can download it on Origins by using the CD key instead if having to repurchase, same with EPs you already own on CD.

@emilyofspielburg This works, because you are just registering the Sims 3 game code. Once registered, Origin will know that you own a copy of The Sims 3, and so, it unlocks The Sims 3 on Origin for you. You also automatically unlock any registration rewards too, so check out the Sims 3 official website to collect more registration rewards. Furthermore, you can also collect bonus Sims 4 rewards. These Sims 4 rewards are just little decorative plumbbob items for your Sims' homes.