Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous Or City Living?

I like both these packs and my friend has them. I've played them both but its so hard to chose. I love the acting career, and you have to work for getting famous creating a certain challenge. I would probably use it a lot. But then City Living has karaoke, apartments, festivals, basketball etc.. But if anyone thinks I should get a different pack then City Living or Get Famous please let me know!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    You may want to check out Carl's Sims 4 guides. His coverage of the packs are excellent.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    They're both great packs, but personally I love City Living more :)
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I love both. I can’t choose !
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I have both but if I had to choose, City Living all the way. Love the apartment/city aspect and replayability is keen.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I like both, but I prefer City Living as I use it a lot more. I'm not really interested in the fame theme though. My favourite EPs are Seasons, Cats & Dogs, and Snowy Escape. It really depends on your personal play style. I also recommend checking out some reviews if you haven't already to see which pack will suit you best.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I like both. Love the city because we don't have other worlds like it. But, if you have many other worlds you might have enough variety already to go for Fame instead. Or both, as fame might feel even more hectic in the city ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Hi! It depends on which features you like most ;)

Do you love the urban, multicultural life? Living and decorating appartments? Asian and Indian cultures? Then City Living :)

Or do you prefer a urban but more coastal world, playing with celebrities and becoming an actor/influencer on your own? Then Get Famous!

Side by Side, City Living always ranks very high because of all the features it has. But Get Famous can have way more gameplay than it looks. Some ideas: try to download beautiful mansions and theaters and lounges from the gallery, become a top influencer/actor, make sims from real celebrities...

If you want more information, Carl Sims Guides is a great info resource, as Simgirl said. Also, you can check the PDF guides from Sims VIP, tiny magazines for each pack with all the CAS, build/buy objects and gameplay features explained for each pack.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I enjoy both of these packs as they both had gameplay I was interested in.

City Living I really enjoy for the apartments.
    Definitely way different than living in a home that my sim is so use to and you'll get to see your neighbors more so often when going to and form their apartments if they aren't knocking on your door for whatever reason like being bored or needing to use your shower. Nice change of pace seeing a different world that's not suburban. Plus, if you're looking for more lots to have sims at, CL offers a lot in terms of placing sims here compared to the small world of Del Sol. Having some pretty casual activities for sims to and be able to do at home is always a plus for me. I always seem to add a basketball hoop on various homes a lot. XD

Didn't think I'd like Get Famous since I don't care much for any celebrity related thing from a ny sims pack and was afraid anyone and everyone will be a celebrity if they sneeze, but it surprised me very much. active acting career, being a freelancing media influencer in uploading videos or making music tracks. Fans stalking your sim at their place of residence and rummaging through their garbage outside as well as paparazzi waiting outside their home. Trying to get into VIP places when you're not famous or anything. CAS I really loved here and the other expensive and gaudy furniture I been wanting forever. So lot of things to do in this pack even if y ou decide not to make your sim in particular be famous and I do enjoy the reputation system in here too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I like City Living better for the chance to try things out in the Festivals, like building the spaceship or karaoke and remodelling all those apartments but Get Famous has some nice objects and those stage backdrops can be used to take photos in front of, if you have the Moschino Pack. I don't much like either of the worlds to live in.

I get them all though so don't mind me.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I like them both. But, I too would go for city living first. You can fit many more sims into apartments and the festivals are a nice change of pace. There are also 3 careers, karaoke, a gaming system. And a thing you inhale bubbles with, that puts you in different moods. I like the cultural aspect it has to it too. Lots of different recipes, and they added basketball to the pack too. They added some new traits and lot traits as well. Has a lot packed into it.

I like get famous too but the city is so small, I wish it had another neighborhood for medium isized modern homes. Maybe they will make a beach world that will fit with get famous, to kind of complete it with medium income modern homes. The acting career is nice, and you can make sims in others careers famous as well. I have a guitar player I am working with fame on. It has some new pieces to make a little different modern museum as well.
  • Options
    RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    City Living 100%. I have both. I got Get Famous first. It was fun for a little bit. City Living adds so much more.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    City living for sure! Mainly because of the lot traits. You get a whole lot of them with that pack, and they can influence your gameplay wherever you are in the game. The city can be a bit laggy though, but it's fun nonetheless. Get Famous has great CAS but the main career felt repetitive for me.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Personally I enjoy City Living a lot more. I often send my sims to festivals or have them live in apartments.
    Get Famous is definitely my least used pack. I don't like my sims being famous and the CAS/BB items aren't ones I use a lot. It's not a bad pack, but it has to suit your play style.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    CayleyCarlsonCayleyCarlson Posts: 18 Member
    I'd say it depends on your playstyle, but I definitely loved City Living, it's my fave pack so far.
  • Options
    RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    City living for sure! Mainly because of the lot traits. You get a whole lot of them with that pack, and they can influence your gameplay wherever you are in the game. The city can be a bit laggy though, but it's fun nonetheless. Get Famous has great CAS but the main career felt repetitive for me.

@EliasVersace I also experience a lot of lag in the city! It isn't too bad when my sims from other worlds visit. But when I am playing sims who live in San Myshuno apartments, it's soooo laggy. I have a pretty good PC & I don't use CC or mods either. I hope that gets fixed.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited February 2021
    It depends on your play style.

City Living is great, but living in the city myself, I don't really enjoy this pack that much. The festivals are great, the apartment is cool, but it's not really adding to my gameplay that much.

Get Famous, I really enjoy giving my Sims those perks, reputation, etc. It's somehow makes my Sims world more interesting in some way. I personally like the active career, so, the actor career is a bonus for me. As you mentioned, the challenge is really neat! Plus, my Sims salary is much better with higher reputation. Even more if they have the degree. One of my Scientist Sims is earning 16k per day.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Get Famous has more active gameplay, whilst City Living is just a nice world with some other stuff. Depends which interests you more, a nice world and apartments or active gameplay. :)
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited February 2021
    RoboticHat wrote: »

@EliasVersace I also experience a lot of lag in the city! It isn't too bad when my sims from other worlds visit. But when I am playing sims who live in San Myshuno apartments, it's soooo laggy. I have a pretty good PC & I don't use CC or mods either. I hope that gets fixed.

Yes, it can get pretty bad when playing in apartments! I think it's because of the scenery and the moving effects in the background, and the game spawning more walk-by Sims. But it really shouldn't happen on good PCs so I hope they fix it too :)
  • Options
    Globiddle23Globiddle23 Posts: 19 Member
    I really enjoyed having an apartment, especially some of the nicer luxury ones. However, the camera can sometimes get wonky in the apartment.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Personally I like City Living the most out of the two. It has the festivals and sometimes it’s really fun to play in a city apartment instead of a house in the suburbs type place.

Get Famous is a fun pack but the careers are some what repetitive and the celebrities disruptive and annoying to regular play.