Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    @Karababy52 , oh please do not change her hair :D Melody still has her orignal hair with her original outfit, but that other hair was also good, as if she wears her hair up it shows the shaved sides, but if all down, it is like nothing is shaved :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Okay, I might keep it for her then, or still try something else. I really do think I went overboard with the teal. :D Thanks for letting me know it really doesn't bother you though. :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Karababy52 If you have your sim live in a haunted house residential Guildry and Temperance will eventually show up and you can still interact with them the same as an adult (well no flirty stuff of course)... and you can get your house under more control with effort. I haven't tried it on heroic though and not planning too anytime soon! The only thing you can't do as a teen (or child... since children can have seances too) is actually go on the job events.. which are fun and challenging and get paid. I have already explored sending Roxanne to other residential haunted houses though that I set up and it will be in some updates. You can still do your seance and appease the specters so for story play it's good :).

egTcBMc.png
    edited January 2021
    @Hermitgirl Okay, thanks for letting me know! I'm confused though, did Roxanne change her house to a Haunted House then? I thought that she hadn't for some reason and only had the séance table, which from the sounds of it allows for Bonehilda, Guidry and Temperance to show up and the ghosties? I guess I should just go in game and check it out for myself. :D
    Day 29 We Are Doing This!
    WZzoiCc.png
    We are going to complete this aspiration or die trying Roxanne!
    I decided to send Roxanne on vacation starting on a weekend and just go until she got the final ding in her aspiration. So I set up a little vacation house outside of the slopes. Money isn't really a problem since she has about 100k now.. enough to do vacation and buy a nice house in Windenburg!
    I decided on the good days to level skiing and to attempt the snowboarding and rock climbing more often in blizzard conditions until her skiing was high enough to do the intermediate slope. She still got in some skiing in blizzard conditions when she could. She had a massage table in the rental so she called up a Massage Therapist. After making friends she invited him on vacation and locked him in the house. Free massages daily! The sports massages were especially good because it left her energized and ready to take on the slopes! She caught 3 blizzards at least during this time, snowboarding, rockclimbing and sometimes skiing and nailing it often.. the messages say perfect run and things like that .. and still nothing.
    On the next clear but windy Thursday in the middle of the night she hit level 6 in skiing and got her ding. Seriously?
    I mean I am glad we did it Roxanne but it wasn't even bad weather...
    Her vacation ended with her having the Frequent Traveler and Adrenaline Seeker lifestyles..
    More vacation pics:
    ZQSD2tI.png
    2WS2yFD.png
    LnACUwe.png
    J8zm2T8.png
    iQiRplf.png

@Karababy52 No Roxanne didn't have a haunted house... That will happen sometime in Windenburg, but I've been playing the pack on other sims too :). You can summon Bonehilda but you won't get Guildry or Temperance on a normal lot that I've seen ... or the little specters. (Unless it's an active job event) You can summon a ghost but I didn't try on Roxanne's lot yet and you can do a ritual that makes them turn into ghosts for a short period... I think it's called a ghastly ritual.
    @Kanindota Interesting to pick Cassandra...maybe! We'll if she let's you it sounds like hehe.
    @Ellupelluellu I really like your Malcolm... great husband or assistant material ;). He also looks pretty studly!
    egTcBMc.png
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    General notice: I passed all my courses this semester! Now I only need to successfully end my internship and then I'm graduated! :scream:

@Karababy52
    Day 28: At first I thought that was a whole new Sim in the picture, but it's Tessa :o It's not that I dislike the look, but I sure have to take my time to get used to it. Also, I think school uniforms should be a thing again. Here in Belgium, nobody wears school uniforms, but I kinda like how school works in Japan, including uniforms. I'm no fan of skirts myself, but still. Hahahaa, she and Josh sure talk a lot over the phone! it's cute.

Comment: Aha! Luckily I just interpreted it wrong then. In Dutch I would say 'een pak van mijn hart', but I have no idea how to say such thing in English. Google Translate says 'a weight off my mind', but that sounds horrible. I would compare it with 'that's a relief'.

Bryon was doing fine in the beginning because nothing reminded him of his father anymore. It all took a wrong turn when he saw that woodworking table. Poor guy indeed :( Naoki suddenly feels... Such an adult, right? xD No worries, he's still childish and still way too confident about life, but he's also protecting what's his: Bryon :P His way of celebrating Harvestfest is kinda childish though. Kicking gnomes :D I also wondered how many of the gnomes had Bryon's father's face. Great minds think alike!!

@permanentrose
    I also like to call myself a storyteller, but in a different way. It's like, you play the game, you take the screenshots but then you turn those silly screenshots into an actual story. So beautiful <3

Ohhh, so you won't get punished or something? xD Or lose your teen because she's so bad at school? That's a relief. Oooof, Rose and Carrie have a wealthy life for sure.

Naoki will do the best he can, but I don't think there will be a problem ^^ Something that could be a problem is when Bryons father comes in the picture one day... Let's just hope my game likes Bryon enough to not do that. The only reason I play Harvestfest is because of gnome kicking! I absolutely love gnome kicking. They often leave valuable stuff behind, which you can sell. Maybe they'll keep the whoohoo for when they have their own rocket ship xD

@Hermitgirl
    Day 28: I do think that this new stuff pack belongs to Roxanne, haha! It really suits her to do paranormal stuff like this.

Comments: Yeah, they become a pile of dirt and you can rummage into them to look for parts. The gnomes often leave some valuable collectibles behind, which you can either collect or sell. I never even tried going for the seeds, hahahaah! I always kick them and collect what I can.

Day 29: Maybe I'm just giving Bryon too less opportunities to earn money. He never has mush money but everyone else in this game is swimming in it or something, hahaah! Ohhhh, she finally got the ding! Congratulations! Maybe it was because it was icy? Nice vacation pics!

@Kanindota
    Day 26: Hello there, Cassandra Goth. What are you planning to do with her in your story?

Day 27: I'm happy to see River having fun like that! He should be really proud of himself.

Day 28: Hehe, River and Bryon wear the same jacket. But then, Bryon's outfits will get a make-over soon. FIGHT!! Or indeed, get them together like how it's meant to be.

@Ellupelluellu
    Kissing the forehead is also supercute. Ahhh, Melody is shorter because of a mod! That explains a lot indeed, but I also like the idea that Malcolm is taller. Naoki's also a little bit taller than Bryon in my game :P Ah, I was already wondering when the towels would come xD Bryon will be okay eventueally ^^ He has a protective, childish and over-confident boyfriend by his side. It just takes time.

Day 29: Is Malcolm living in the house now, or is he just there? xD Aha! He just came by for a visit and then ruined the sink. Nice :P
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited January 2021
    January 29
    01-28-21-4-54-19-pm-1_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    I finally found the courage to explain everything to Naoki. I told him about what my childhood was like, how I was thrown out of the house like garbage when I reached the legal age to live alone, how I slowly forgot about my father because I wasn’t reminded of him anymore and had nothing to worry about, how I then met Naoki, how my childhood memories started to come back after seeing that woodworking table and how difficult it had been to control myself and my feelings after that day. “So that’s how it is… I knew something was up, but I didn’t think it would be… This extreme”. “You knew something was up?”. “How couldn’t I? Normally you’re all flirty and playfully angry with everything I do, but now you were scared, traumatized. I care for you, you know? Of course I knew something was up”. I smiled. “What are you smiling for?”. “It’s just… I finally managed to tell you all this without crying. How childish of me”. “Nah, it’s not childish. I’m very proud of you. Really”. “Ahhhh. I really love you, Naoki”. I snuggled up to him without thinking. It’s okay to be vulnerable. Finally, someone who wants to take care for me… “Hehe, it’s nice to have my boyfriend back. I love you too”. Naoki looks up to his phone. “Uh-oh. I don’t want to ruin the mood, but we have to get ready for school”. “Really? Do we have to? Since when are you so responsible?”. “I was born responsible! Come on, get your uniform. We’re late!”.

Behind the scenes
    zpd9IpX.png
    Bryon immediately goes to his part-time job after school. What he didn't knew was that Naoki had a visitor...

j4xtN2O.png
    Naoki: "Thanks for helping me out, Jules! I owe you one."
    Jules: "It's no problem, really. You're my best friend. Everything for my best friend! So, everything's alright again?"
    Naoki: "Yes. He opened up to me this morning. Now I finally know why he was acting this way... He's had a difficult past.. Like... Really difficult. I want to help him so bad. To forget it all."
    Jules: "He's actually really cute, you know? He told me about you in the sauna."
    Naoki: "Whaaat?! What did he say??? No wait, do I want to know? Maybe it's bad... Maybe he doesn't like me at all..."
    Jules: "Nooo, nothing negative, you dummy! He actually told me you are his boyfriend. Well, he sure had a difficult time telling it, because he covered my mouth when I got happy about it, telling me I shouldn't be so loud, but yeah, he told me that."
    Naoki: "He did? That makes me very happy. Really. I almost thought he would keep our relationship secret for eternity... Given I'm already out - but he isn't."
    Jules: "He really loves you, man. Be more confident!"
    Naoki: "But I am the definition of confident!
    Jules: "Well... Expect for when it comes to Bryon. You're actually a softy, you know that?"
    Naoki: "You shaddap already. What a lucky guy I am to have found him."
    Jules: "Hey, and what about me???"
    Naoki: "Okay, okay - What a lucky guy I am to have found him AND to have you as my best friend!"
    Jules: "Much better!!"
    Post edited by Skeilah on
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    Update 29 - I'll be here for you

qnsrGkQ.png

Notes:
    I bought the Paranormal pack yesterday, but since I'm a few updates ahead, nothing from that pack will be appearing for a few more days in my updates (and even then, I don't know how much influence this pack is gonna have on this challenge yet, we shall see!) But I did want to share some of her new outfits since they are super cute! She got an extra outfit in the everyday, formal, and party categories.
    vHnvQcp.jpg

For having a day off, I didn't end up really doing anything special with Jules. I decided to have her search for collectables since I wanted to make sure I'd have enough money for her to buy that cute little house I built - totally NOT regretting giving a ton of her money away, having to work a little hard is what makes the challenge fun, right? ;)

Her own neighborhood almost always has great digging spots and frog logs, so I started there. She decided to set a pile of leaves on fire while she was out exploring. She caught on fire briefly, but since she finished the Freelance Botanist aspiration, she has that fireproof trait so she barely even ignited.
    bfHJHhM.jpg

"I am queen of the fire."
    nAlw1Ga.jpg

She popped over to the neighborhood where the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family lives (well, not in my game, they've been booted lol) since I've hardly had her travel there during her stay in Willow Creek. It's a pretty little neighborhood (Jules must have thought so too since she immediately took a selfie), but unfortunately not a lot of collectables to be found.
    Sdr6oDS.jpg

Then I had her take a final visit to the Sylvan Glade since I think it will be a while before she goes back there.
    6m7tuUj.jpg

She stopped by the gym for a bit since she's been getting tense from not being active enough during the school days. Made some pretty entertaining faces while doing some heavy lifting.
    ZiA3piK.png
    DHzwjeL.png

Then back home again to knit, knit, knit :) No picture needed. You've seen her knit before haha.

While she was knitting, I noticed Mario had come up to her door. Perfect, I wanted him to come over, there's something he needs to tell her.
    4yJSpFq.jpg

Poor, stressed Mario. He told her about how they just found out his abuela is sick, so he's made the big decision to move back in with his mother, grandmother, and two younger sisters, who happen to live in Windenburg, and help them out when he can. Because of all the craziness happening in his family right now, he doesn't think he'll be able to make it over to Willow Creek to spend much time with Jules in the near future.
    R98hJJx.png

She's gonna miss seeing him as much of course, but she for sure understands the situation, and she wants to be there for him as much as she can, in whatever way he needs her to be.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hey everyone - I am still here. Just working too much. Also, my Dad went in the hospital yesterday. My parents are in Canada and I'm in Florida, so it's been rather stressful and trying to find out what I need to do now to get across the border, as it's closed. So, his operation was supposed to be this morning, but it's been moved back, so not sure now if he will be operated on later today, or when. Pulling my hair out.

Anyway, I have been reading your updates when I can. I am just hoping everything goes okay with the operation, or else I will have to head to Canada. I hope everything will be alright, myself, but I am rather stressed.

Sakura and Kiyoshi will have a few more days together I guess. Take care everyone! SoulGal7

UPDATE: My Dad is out of surgery, and everything is fine for now. I will call the hospital again in the morning.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @Skeilah A sweet update! I’m glad that Bryon was able to open up to Naoki, that will help him heal and move forward. And they’ve said the big “I love you!” Have they said it before, I can’t remember. Everyone is gonna have to get ready to read two Jules updates a day at the rate Jules is taking over your game lol. I love the idea that Naoki and Jules have been plotting behind Bryon’s back to figure how to make him feel better.

It would be so fun if there were actually a way to play the sims with a group of people and have our games actually overlap.

@SoulGal7 oh no, I’m sorry to hear about your dad! Sending good thoughts your way, I hope you can figure out how to get home to be with him.

@Hermitgirl Sorry I missed your post when I replied earlier!
    After making friends she invited him on vacation and locked him in the house. Free massages daily!

I'm dying, this is SO like Roxanne. I love it. So did she fully complete the aspiration??
    edited January 2021
    @permanentrose - Day 28 - Funny how Jules brightened up her day with Mario...lol But his day just seemed to get worse. And now his abuela is sick. That doesn't sound good. Love the house you built for Windenburg.

Day 29 - Jules is really gorgeous in those new pack outfits. Love them all. In fact, she's on FIRE! Quick! Someone put her out! I love that photo she took near the pond. And Mario is moving to Windenburg to be with his abuela? So they will be parting ways...*sniff*

On a side note...thanks for the good thoughts for my Dad. He's out of surgery now, so just playing it day by day. Thanks again :)

@Hermitgirl - Day 28 - Love the photo of the day. So, Roxanne is going to have a haunted house in Windenburg. Very cool. The features of the new pack look really fun.

Day 29 - I love the part where you lock the masseuse in the house! lol But, yes, congrats, Roxanne did it! She beat that mountain and got that Aspiration! Woot! You rock!

@Kanindota - Days 26 - 28; So Cassandra Goth is looking interesting to River. And love that photo of him skiing. Funny how you have Kiyoshi crushing on Kaori together...because that is the backstory of their pre-mades (not sure if you knew this or not).

@Ellupelluellu Day 29 - I so want to trade the game's Malcolm for your Malcolm. He cleans, he mops and he kisses his away into Melody's heart lol

@Karababy52 - Love Tessa's update and this was a happy chapter as Josh called Tessa and Tessa called Josh. Love the outfits from the new pack. She really does look more grown-up now. Nice chapter.

@Skeilah - Day 29 - Love that Bryon finally told Naoki about his past. And Jules makes a "cameo" appearance! heheh Jules is going to appear in everyone's stories...she's such a social butterfly. :)

And congrats on passing all of your courses! Woot!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    January - Day 29: "When I close my eyes, I see you. When I open my eyes, I miss you."

9eMymLu.png

Notes
    5l5LdeM.png
    (Okay, this is better. I didn't feel like me before. Maybe a touch of purple? *sigh*)

SKeOquP.png
    "Hey Josh! Really? That's great! I, uh, accidentally ruined one of our photos. How? Well, I kissed your picture in it so many times, it's all smeared with lipstick and won't come off...hey, don't laugh, I love that photo! Yeah, we have copies, that's right, I forgot. I know, I miss you too, obviously! ...okay, see you soon! Wait, wait...I love you! I know you know, but I just like telling you."

tn2uB2T.png
    "Ugh, I am SO sick of this!."

jn03eR2.png
    "I can't do anything right! Ughhh, it's so unfair! I can't fix this, I can't."

kdeaCnz.png
    (Yes, you can, you've done it before you'll probably do it a gazillion times again. Stop whining and just fix the darn thing. There's nobody else here to fix it.)

jd7GIZk.png
    (Just do it!)

AqCUkwU.png
    (I wonder if there's such a thing as 'Fisher Fingers'. I'm getting callouses.)

2NO251p.png
    "Hey Tessa, how's it goin'?"
    "Hi Joel. Fine, I guess. Just wish I could catch the kind of fish I need. You and Josh make it look so easy."

hNXOTRw.png
    "Well sure, now. But it took a lot of hours and patience. Just keep trying, you'll get it."
    "Yeah, I guess. Okay."

S2Jwa7u.png
    "It just gets sooooo tiring sometimes...and boring. All I do everyday is go to school, fix stuff and fish. I miss Josh. It gets lonely without him there too. Sorry for whining all over you. I must sound like a spoiled brat or something."

uRHM1S9.png
    "Tessa, it's okay. I understand, Jon and I miss him too. You're not a spoiled brat. You're a very strong person. Look at all that you do, just think about it; you have your own house, a big garden, you fix everything yourself, take care of yourself, work on your life goals and I'm sure a lot more. I don't know anyone else your age that can do all that. You're amazing! Oh and hey, you know you can come over and hang out with me and Jon anytime, okay?"

hm8c37C.png
    "I have to go, but think about what I said."
    "You really mean it, anytime? I'll call first, of course."
    "Anytime, day or night. We're here if you need us. Hey, you're practically family!"

Xjc4dnq.png
    "I'll even haul out some photo albums and let you see some naked baby pictures of Josh. He'll kill me if he ever finds out though, so, shhhh, it'll be our secret."

lwTO6Xe.png
    "Bye Tessa! Keep in touch!"
    "Bye Joel, I will and thanks!"
    (What a great guy! I can see why Josh worships and respects him.)

88l2X3L.png
    (I wonder what Josh is doing right now. I wish he was here.)

WZonGKg.png
    (Standing beside me smiling, and happy together. I can almost feel him there.)

t4OLVgU.png
    (But he's not here, he's there....but he'll come back. He promised. I just have to keep telling myself that...and believe.)
    Hey everybody, I apologize for once again posting so late today. Another busy day and last night I got lost in the Paranormal SP with a tester Sim. Opps! Anyway, hope you like Tessa's next try at reinventing her look. She wasn't too sure about all the teal and neither was I. :D She'll probably try many different looks until she's satisfied, or maybe not! It's fun trying out new things, eh? ;) I'll reply and comment on all your wonderful posts asap! Give me a bit though, looks like I missed a lot! o.O
    @Hermitgirl
    Great idea sending Roxanne on a vacation near the slopes. I literally laughed out loud reading she locked the Massage Therapist in the house! Roxanne's a very resourceful and clever girl! :D Oh my gosh! She did it! Congrats to Roxanne for completing the aspiration! Soooo weird it happened on a clear day though. Perhaps it was icy conditions? I know that's supposed work for 'bad elements' when trying to get that goal. I hope the Devs take a look at that goal and tweak it somehow, but not TOO much! I personally kind of like it's so tough, more of a challenge than a lot of aspiration goals anyway. Fabulous photos too! Great update! :)

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up. I've been playing with a new Sim to test out the pack too. My Sim and Guidry are a couple now. He's so easy to romance. I get a kick out of how he materializes standing on the bed. If Jayda is sleeping when he does, he just stands there all pink and flirty staring at her until she wakes up to 'have some fun.' :D Yep, you're right, it's a 'Ghastly Ritual.' :)

@Skeilah
    Yay! Congratulations on passing all your courses! High Five for you ^5 :)

Yeah, I decided it was too much teal, it was overwhelming! Plus, well, it just didn't look like Tessa to me. I like the hairstyle she has now a lot more. She'll probably change it again though, like I mentioned. :) The school uniforms certainly are cute, eh? I think there are some schools here in the U.S. that do that and other parts of the world. Yeah, I figured they'd talk a lot to each other. At least at first. I'd want to talk to my love every day that I could, so I understand how they feel since I've gone through it myself. When Hubby was hundreds of miles away, we had a set time to call and talk about our day. It helped. :)

No worries, I understand. I'll not make the mistake of writing something like that again that could be misinterpreted. I had no idea y'all loved the idea of these two being together for the rest of the challenge and would be so disappointed thinking they wouldn't be. It makes me smile. :)

Yes! Naoki seems very mature for his age. At least with some things. Sounds like we'll perhaps see his childish side again. But, I love that he's so protective of Bryon. It's heartwarming. <3 Oh yeah, about the gnomes, did you know that sometimes by kicking them your Sims can get a million simoleans? o.O I read that somewhere, I think maybe Carl's site. Pretty cool eh? ;)

Absolutely love how Bryon has opened up to Naoki and told him all about his past. So sweet how they snuggled and how Bryon wanted to take the day off from school. Naoki is very confident eh? "I was born responsible." :D I love that guy. However, I see an argument coming in their future. I hope Bryon isn't upset how Naoki had Jules spy on him like that. I hope he understands Naoki just did it like that because he loves him. I don't know about you, but that would kind of make me angry at first. I'm sure he'll get over it. I love how you're incorporating other challenge Sims into your story for Bryon. Very cool!

@permanentrose
    Love the looks you made for Jules using the Paranormal SP! The CAS is great in it, eh? The screenshot of Jules on fire gave me a chuckle, the look on her face, priceless! :D I saw that Queen of the fire image in another thread and wondered what it was all about, now I know! ;) Gah! Our teens are forever taking selfies and looking at their phones. It's great for story purposes, but otherwise I don't like it much. Aha! Great way to explain why Jules will be moving to Windenburg, she's following Mario! I still haven't figured out how to explain it for Tessa yet, but I'll come up with something soon. :) Great update!

@SoulGal7
    I've already sent you a PM about this, but happy to read in the update your Dad came through the surgery okay. Keeping him, you and the rest of your family in my prayers for continued positive outcomes. *Hugs*

Thanks about Tessa's new look. She actually changed her hairstyle again, but she kept the clothes. It was just too much teal. :D Yeah, she and Josh are just missing each other a lot right now. I'm sure they'll be a bit less needy going forward but still call everyday or whenever they can at least. :)
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 Love Tessa's new look, excited to see what she settles on. I do think this hair suits her slightly better and is a bit more reminiscent of her original hair style. I feel like she's ALWAYS fixing stuff on her lot. She must use stuff in her house a lot for it to break. Jules has so many reward traits at this point that she only needs to pee and shower like every 1.5 days so I feel like she doesn't use her appliances much anymore :D

Also love the "imaginary" Josh fishing next to her. You can never keep sims from showing up, even if their storyline is supposed to make them go on tour for several months lol. It's nice Tessa can bond with Josh's brothers in the meantime. What a cute family <3

And yes, Jules will be following Mario to Windenburg, I had to set the cogs slowly into motion. Tomorrow's update will make it a concrete decision.
    @permanentrose Thanks, I'm excited to see what she (I) settle on too. :D I might just stick with this hairstyle, it seems more realistic for her than the other one. Yeah, she does fix stuff a lot. She has a ton of satisfaction points to buy reward traits, but she hasn't used very many yet. She's saving them. I just like the challenge with her still having needs. Plus, I don't want her to have so much time on her hands she maxes out skills and aspirations too fast. She has the entire year to do that. :)

If you notice, Josh has no shadow, he IS imaginary! Dun, dun, dun! :D But seriously, yeah, Tessa still sees Josh every day, but I try to not let them interact that much except for phone calls and text. Have to keep their relationship up! ;) I love Joel! I had him before Josh and played his story out long, long before Josh came into the picture. I've actually never played with Jon. He wasn't even my original Sim. Someone did a challenge on the forum to makeover a pre-existing Sim from the Gallery and Jon was my try at the challenge. It was fun! I liked his look and decided to make him Joel and Josh's brother. :)

Very cool, looking forward to reading all about it! Gah, only two days to go! Boy this month went fast! o.O At least to me it did. :D
    January (Thursday) - DAY 27 - Just Another Day

tending-the-garden.png
    Head to school,
    Make a friend,
    Work so hard,
    It's now day's end

A secret smile
    A shared kiss
    In this moment
    My world is bliss.

Tend the garden,
    Go to the slope
    I make a wish
    I have great hope.

Freezing and cold
    The world is grey
    But no aspiration
    completed today.

autonomous-kiss-sakura.png
    HEADING-HOME-SAKURA.png
    Update 30 - Ready for a change

gwlVrmW.jpg

Notes:
    Should I keep Patchy when she moves lol? He's so helpful with her homework, I may have to. I just have very mixed feelings about Patchy lol. He confuses me since he's not quite a real sim, but you can still have babies with him.
    4ObAZpO.png

As she was finishing her homework, cousin Bex invited her over, which I was hoping she would because I was just going to make Jules go visit her anyway, I love it when the game seems to read my mind like this. It was that TV season premiere holiday, and Jules doesn't own a TV, but if you recall, Bex has an in home movie theatre, the perfect place to watch a show.
    hPwJ2S7.png

After watching together, they went to hang out by the pool since it was a warm fall evening. Bex asked her how things were going, and after telling her about school and the other small updates about her life, she decided to confide in Bex about how she was worried about Mario and his grandmother, and how she wished she could offer his family more help and support.

Bex responded, "You have such a good heart, Jules. You always have. I think it would be nice for you to be nearby Mario and his family right now, and I have an idea if you'd be interested. Remember that little cottage on the island that I purchased last year and have been fixing up? Well, it's not quite ready to rent out to anyone yet, so if you'd like, you can live there for a bit and even help me fix it up if you have some spare time. I know I'd love having you live closer by too."

Wow, what a generous offer! (Of course Jules will still pay for the lot when she moves and pay bills on it but I didn't feel like trying to work those details into the story lol). She couldn't help but to accept Bex's offer - it just seemed too perfect! Besides, it felt like her chapter in Willow Creek was coming to an end. She had moved out of Dell and Sofia's home so she could see the world and discover herself, and what better way to do that than to live in a new location, while also being able to give Mario help and support as well.

Jules went home feeling excited for what lay ahead!

(Bex kept trying to skinny dip in the middle of their conversation so I really don't have any other usable photos lol).

---
    Let's check in with Mario to see how his move back home with his mom is going...(Mario's story is going to be important for plot development, I promise :D)

As I logged in, he was autonomously upgrading the Murphy bed he has to use (I KNOW I need to stop using Murphy beds LOL, but Mario's mom's home is so small. It only has two bedrooms, so his younger sisters share one, and his abuela has the other. His mom had been sleeping on the Murphy bed since it's the only other bed they have room for while still having a living room. She's decided to share a bed with his grandma for now though so Mario can have a place to sleep. They really don't have space for Mario to move in with them, but his mom works hard to support the family, and with Abuela not feeling great, Mario's mom desperately needs the help taking care of his younger sisters)
    1tnRdnL.png

It's not so easy living with his mom, Lourdes, though. They've been arguing about the house rules since Mario's dad was never as strict with him.
    9RRYRIG.png

Looks like Lourdes won this argument though.
    U4s5WnT.png

"Mario, you are such a good boy. You know you didn't need to move back home just for my sake. I know you and your mother are having a hard time. I can manage your sisters."
    "I know, Abuela, but I love you, and I don't want you to have to work so hard while you are going through treatments. Things will be okay with Mom."
    X443HqR.png
    dYlZbyx.png

He is being great with his sisters though <3
    wjakrzh.png
    sCRDdHN.png
    edited January 2021
    @permanentrose - Day 30 - I like the idea you came up with on why you are moving to Windenburg. And I bet that house is on the island, too. That is where Sakura's new home is also. I love that area because there is also a fishing spot and a bonfire, plus there are a lot of collectibles on the island. Oh no! Another Murphy bed! How many brothers and sisters does Mario have? lol It seems he looks after a lot of his siblings while Mom, Dad, Step-Mom do their own thing. Poor Mario needs a break. Ha! I didn't know you could have a baby with Patchy. I knew you could woohoo with him. lol I was thinking of getting Patchy in either Windenburg or the world after that.

@Karababy52 - I do like Tessa's hair here, too. Hey, she's a teen...teal one day...purple the next. Right? Love that she went fishing and met Josh's brother. I think she fishes because she feels close to Josh that way, since that is how they first met. Nice "thinking about you" shot of Josh beside Tessa fishing.
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7 So Mario's parents are divorced. His parents had three kids while they were together - Mario, Elena, and Camila (the two sisters posted today). After the divorce, Mario chose to live with his dad since he and his mom don't get along, while his younger sisters stayed with his mom. His dad soon met another woman, Jamie, who he got married to. Jamie brought her daughter from a previous relationship, Pearl, into the family (Mario's step sister), and then Jamie and Mario's dad had twins, Grant and Nora - Mario's half siblings. So Mario has 5 siblings technically, but only 2 of them are his full siblings. I hope that makes sense lol. Yes, poor Mario has quite the family life...he also has a few aunts and uncles living in various places in my save so we might bump into one of them eventually too lol. When I decided to let Jules pursue a relationship with Mario, I forgot how many connections and relationships he had with a lot of my other households, so it's been fun to include him in my play since I really never did much with his family after I created the initial drama of the divorce and remarriage.

And yep, you can have a baby with Patchy, but there will be nothing special about the baby (no cute straw features or traits)

Also so cute that you did a little poem with your update today! and you made it rhyme too! You are so clever

Also I hope you dad is feeling better today!

@permanentrose
    Update 29 - I sure know nothing about the traits you get for finishing an aspiration :') I'll learn a lot from this challenge for sure. So the fireproof trait makes you immune to fire? xD Sure looks like it lol. Teenagers and taking selfies... Hehe, never saw Jules with her hair in a ponytail. Cute. Mario and his perfect timing. Will they still see each other because they both live in Windenburg soon? xD Like "heh, Jules, what are you doing here?" "I live here!" :P

Update 30 - Yes, keep Patchy! I like him around your stories! Would be funny if Patchy's babies are half-pumpkin xD Well well, watching the TV season premiere in a movie theatre, that's something else. Ohhh, my idea from update 29 is coming true! Mario's mom looks so young! Wow! And the sisters are cute <3

@SoulGal7
    I'm happy to read that everything is fine with your dad now. I hope he has a quick recovery.

Jules really is a social butterfly. She pops in my story whenever she wants :P Maybe she just wants to take it over, haha!

Day 27: Nice poem ^^ Short but powerful!!

@Karababy52
    Day 29: Yessss, I like her hair way better now. One because it's wavy. Straight hair just didn't suit her that well. Josh and Tessa over the phone is still cute <3 Still trying to keep up repairing her bathroom. Poor Tessa. Joel was Josh' brother, right? I'm so bad with names hahahaahah. Ah, he is! And Jon too! Joel and Jon also seem like nice people. They'll for sure help Tessa out in difficult times. Ejoooo, that's a nice effect, Josh next to her but not really!

Comments: Thank you!

Like I said, it looks way better now :) HAHA no worries if she changes it again. Peoples hair change! Maybe I should also slightly change Bryon's hairstyle... But just slightly. I'll think about it. xD The girl school outfits are adorable. The boy school outfits are... Meh. xD They are so... Plain. If you get what I mean. Oh yeah! I've been away from my boyfriend too for a while, and we did the same. It's really nice to talk to each other every day, even if it's just for a little while.

It's not a mistake! Everything can be misinterpreted once in a while. It's no biggie. Really. Of course we'll see his childish side again! Maybe Naoki is OVERprotective of Bryon :p Whooaaaa, there can be that much in a gnome for kicking it??? I've seen some valuables things, but not that much!

I can also see arguments coming up in the future, but I'll let the game decide what kind of arguments. It's not like I have ideas at the moment, hehe. Bryon doesn't know anything about the spying, but well, guess he'll find out eventually. Jules wanders around in my game way too much to ignore it xD I don't know what I would do in that kind of situation... I guess I'll be angry too at first. I love the challenge Sims in my world! <3
    @Skeilah It's called the Naturalist trait, what you get from doing the gardening aspiration. And she wasn't actually *in* the fire, I just took it from a good angle that made her look like she was :D

Here's the trait, I took a quick screenshot since I'm playing Jules right now :)
    9ObfX0N.png

Mario's mom IS young. She's only a young adult (I will have to remember to age her up once Jules and Mario age up :D) There's even more to her story lol, at least in my mind. She met Mario's dad, Kendall, when they were teens, and accidentally got pregnant with Mario, which is why she is so young. They did end up getting married and trying to make it work, but even after having three kids together, their relationship just didn't work out in the end.
    January 30
    01-29-21-1-36-08-pm_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    Life went back to how it used to be. We had plans to go out, but a thunderstorm decided differently. Instead of going out we then upgraded our home-on-wheels (I decided that Naoki designed the house to have wheels under it, because well, he’s still a traveler and I want to take the house to the other worlds xD In the Sims this is perfectly possible, haha!). “So, what do you think of this upgrade?”. “I love it, but are you sure about this? You really wanted that space rocket…”. “There’s enough time to buy that space rocket. Actually, I thought it would be a good idea to switch my attention to something else for the time being. I recently bumped into one of the stories I was writing when I was younger. I was thinking about publishing the story as a book… What do you think?”. “Ohhh, nice! You’re a writer?! What’s the story about?”. “You’ll read it when it’s finished”. “Really…? That’s no fun…”. “Life’s not always fun, Naoki. So, what are you going to do while I write?”. “I guess I’m just going to watch tv.. It’s rainy outside. I can’t really go out, can I?”. Naoki went to sit on the couch and turned on the tv, while I went to sit in front of the computer and started to write on my story. About an hour later, I heard a weird sound. Snoring? I turned around just to see Naoki sleeping on the couch. I smiled. “You really are like a kid sometimes, taking naps during the day”. With that I got back to my story. Some more time passed. Naoki finally woke up. “How long have I been sleeping here? This new couch is amazing!”. “A couch is for sitting, not sleeping. You know that, right?”. “Yeah, of course I know, but back in the days when I was a traveller, I slept on a lot of couches. This one sure is the best”. “You’re so weird”. “But you love that about me, right?”. “Totally”.

Extra Photo's
    HLLOXjN.png
    What an interesting day, inside, working on the bestselling author aspiration. I decided to switch aspirations for the while :P Like Bryon said, there's enough time to get the space rocket.

emA6FYX.png
    Aaaaaand Naoki fell asleep. xD

xds3iVc.png
    A lot of autonomous love actions happened when Naoki woke up again. Cuteeee.
    Day 30
    6piBsN0.png
    Roxanne had decided it was time to skip this town awhile back. She was tired of the intrusiveness of the neighbors. You had to keep the doors locked or they often just barged right in. Can't a girl have some secrets?
    Before her big move she had to say goodbye to her neighbors.
    She stopped by the Nishidake's household. She had stayed with them for a short while as she was getting on her feet, but was surprised to learn the father had passed on. She smiled in remembrance of him, he was a nice guy. Naori who was about the same age as Roxanne, decided to cook for them as they visited and said their goodbyes. Unfortunately there was a slight mishap but Roxanne was prepared to save the day... this time.
    more:
    6IaqVPT.png
    zEkMGHv.png
    NWeJLyk.png

As an aside, I guess the dad passed on when my aging was advancing and I didn't know it. His urn was just inside the doorway. I didn't do it! I swear! I also found out the woman Roxanne sent on to greener pastures was the mother here. Opps! I felt a twinge of guilt at that, as I thought she was a random townie.. but since Roxanne is still carrying her urn around she might live on, in the great sim world. The dad had no option to strengthen connection and I don't remember seeing any notification about him dying. Weird.
    egTcBMc.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top