Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Complain if You Buy The Pack

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    I'm so tired of being anxious that they might nerf a feature/death just because the realistic/story players didn't like it. And is it true that they nerfed the vending machine death?? I just knew it was coming... ❤️❤️❤️❤️, reading things like this really puts me off playing The Sims 4 and I love this game.

What I don't understand with players like that. Don't they save the game now and then? Like so what if their precious legacy sim dies randomly. Just hit that load button and it is like nothing ever happened! I understand if you forget to save, I do that too sometimes. But then that is on you, not the game.

They just ruin everything in this game. Removing every random thing that makes the gameplay more fun and chaotic. I really hope a Guru is reading this thread.

Vending machine deaths came pre-nerfed in that it falls on your sim the first time, they get dazed. Then while they’re still dazed you have to get to fall on them a second (maybe even third?) time. You have to force it so hard it’s not at all an unexpected or random occurrence. So they simultaneously brought it back, and nerfed it at the same time.

@DoodlyDoofus there were also a ton of complaints about sims dying in blizzards outside of gyms right after the pack came out. So during that kerfuffle I took one of my sims to the gym in a completely vanilla game (using cheats to keep his needs filled) I took him to the gym on the first day of winter and kept him there for a week. I sat with the game camera trained on the sidewalk outside. I think on day 4 or five a blizzard came I sat and I watched as sim after sim, after sim spawned by the library in Willow Creek and ran into the gym, some turned blue, all had chattering teeth and zero, zip, zilch met their ultimate doom on the sidewalk. There was no mass die off, nothing. But, in the end, despite a toggle in settings to make sims immune to temperature effects weather deaths were nerfed.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    I'm so tired of being anxious that they might nerf a feature/death just because the realistic/story players didn't like it. And is it true that they nerfed the vending machine death?? I just knew it was coming... ❤️❤️❤️❤️, reading things like this really puts me off playing The Sims 4 and I love this game.

What I don't understand with players like that. Don't they save the game now and then? Like so what if their precious legacy sim dies randomly. Just hit that load button and it is like nothing ever happened! I understand if you forget to save, I do that too sometimes. But then that is on you, not the game.

They just ruin everything in this game. Removing every random thing that makes the gameplay more fun and chaotic. I really hope a Guru is reading this thread.

Vending machine deaths came pre-nerfed in that it falls on your sim the first time, they get dazed. Then while they’re still dazed you have to get to fall on them a second (maybe even third?) time. You have to force it so hard it’s not at all an unexpected or random occurrence. So they simultaneously brought it back, and nerfed it at the same time.

Ah, I see. Meh, I hate having to force things to happen. Should be totally random instead.

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    why are we blaming each other when the one to blame is ea lol

Same lol. Instead of being mad at players for wanting stuff to be nerfed, blame EA for being so flimsy about the content. Meanwhile people who have legitimate complaints should feel free to do so.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Maybe it's time to shoot this dead horse and put it out of our misery...and focus on putting out a Sims 5 that will cater to the entire fanbase.

I like the sound of that 😎 bring it on baby
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I'm definitely a family player. I mean like my original 3 female aliens probably went a bit differently about breeding but their goal is to populate the sims world with their brood through their husbands that was cloned 2 other times from some cute townie guy the game generated. Except for the children are not full blown aliens. But, 2 of the husbands have been abducted, both now with alien children....lol So much fun.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    why are we blaming each other when the one to blame is ea lol

Same lol. Instead of being mad at players for wanting stuff to be nerfed, blame EA for being so flimsy about the content. Meanwhile people who have legitimate complaints should feel free to do so.

agreed. in the end, "fans" are customers paying for a service, some may have an emotional attachment to the franchise, some just want to have fun. if they don't like what they see they will complain, they have all the right to. and if ea was smarter they would try to content their current playerbase instead of trying to reach a new one with their lame innovations. nerfing is not a solution for everybody, it's only a solution for a fraction of the players, there are better ways to deal with complaints. they have past sims games to get inspired from, and have the feedback of thousands of users to have in consideration, so the only thing stopping the game from being the best of itself is ea.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I need to research this pack more before I decide if I want it or not. But please believe that if I buy a pack and do not like something, I will have no problem voicing any and all complaints.

My only issues with packs put out are that the devs seem rushed to put out an incomplete pack with problems that can be anything from just annoyances to being completely unplayable. It's either that these packs aren't playtested or playtested properly or EA could care less if they put out a lacklustre or defective pack. Some that should be a voice for the community are either under contract to keep silent about anything negative about a pack like bad gameplay or just plain boring all issues with the game they have encountered and that EA couldn't pay them enough to buy the pack they are testing. Or like EA they could care less about the product they are testing for their subscribers on their behalf and feel they need to pump out content on Youtube that is more like an infomercial than an honest review.

I just wish devs were given the time they need to make a worthwhile pack and if it means a later release date is needed to get it right with zero to absolute minimum bugs and problems in-game. I should never have to pay for a game that breaks my game when I play the game vanilla. More often than not this is almost always one of the things I do complain about.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Is this some sort of hate group versus other players instead of the so called hating on packs?
    You're Breathtaking!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    The reason vampires and spellcasters have their own packs exclusively dedicated to them is so that they could be fully fleshed out. The whole point of Vampires and Realm of Magic is vampires and spellcasters respectively. But the problem is... people are buying these clearly occult dedicated packs (that they have virtually no interest in gameplay wise) and then making devs nerf the occult gameplay, leaving those of us who want the occults with something that's half-baked and watered down. They're treading on other people's games all because they couldn't skip out on a handful of BB or CAS items.

It's not about wanting supernatural chaos to happen necessarily, it's about having content we paid for nerfed nearly out of existence without any warning. I mean vampires don't even act like vampires and spellcasters only use their powers in the magic realm, so they're essentially just regular sims who have fangs or glowing eyes.

But what about the players (like me) who actually bought Vampires and RoM for gameplay in the first place and don't enjoy spellcasters or vampires using their powers everywhere? I had been waiting for magic-using lifestate from the Sims 4 release date, though I hate that spellcasters use their brooms in the normal world. As I've said, sometimes I want to play with vampires, sometimes I want aliens and sometimes I'd prefer none of them in my current save. Otherwise, there is a situation that I call "supernatural chaos".

Hi
    brooms are optional. you don't want the sims to use them. take them out of his/her inventory problem solved.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

I just removed several comments from this thread because they were trolling/baiting/flaming or downright rude. Please keep the conversation civil, be kind to each other, and respect different opinions.

- Leeloo
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    Im of the opinion that if occult content is gonna get the nerf because some simmers cant handle it, simmers that wanted occult content should get some form of partial refund. I know its a shot in the dark, I know! But why pay fully for content that gets desired content cut out? I'll take a couple dollars back over "yeah we know you like this gameplay but we're gonna nerf it because somebody whined. So yeah..."
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I am partial to supernatural elements in my game, and buy the packs for that reason. I also like the risks the Murphy Bed, and Vending Machines created too.
    For the Supernatural, I bought the packs when they were on sale. I was disappointed to found out that some elements got nerfed by the time I got them. Like Get to Work had alien abduction nerfed, which was part of the reason I bought the game. Vampires were nerfed, and can no longer break in like they did. People who didn't want the break in could've just locked the door to them. It was something I did for Sims I didn't want to b Vampires. Yes, Vampires still visit too, which may be an issue for some people, but you can just ignore them and not invite them in. Also, I did spot Vlad in my Sulani world at night, but he is an NPC, and I thought it was hilarious to see him there. RoM was given the option for your Sims could ride brooms, or use wands, you could turn that on and off, and their magical realm doesn't even really exist to affect gameplay. Only mages and Sims who want to become mages can really access it, and even then you have to use a glimmer stone to get there.
    As for the nerfing of the Murphy Bed and Vending machines, that kind of takes the fun out of it. I don't have a Murphy bed yet, because I knew the risk since Sims 2, so I chose not to get it in Sims 4, problem solved. As for Vending machines, it was a fun little thing to do to see what would happen, it was scary/hilarious when the Vending machine fell on my Sim, but she was fine. I actually liked seeing that, because it adds fun to the game.
    I opted out on packs I didn't want, like Eco Lifestyle, and Journey to Batuu, and don't have all the packs. I really want to get Paranormal stuff pack, and if the gameplay gets nerfed, it would really not be fair for anyone that bought it. Overall, there isn't really that many occult packs, and that is one of my favorite parts of the Sims franchise, so I want to have a occult pack that doesn't get nerfed for "realistic" gameplay.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2021
    Is this some sort of hate group versus other players instead of the so called hating on packs?

No, we just want the devs to understand that we are tired of having content we paid for removed from our games in patches because people buy DLC knowing that content is in there, knowing there are ways to avoid the content either by the use of BB catalog items, or toggles in settings and choosing not to use those items/toggles and then coming into the forums or on Twitter and complaining to the point of having key pack features basically eliminated from the pack. Like buying a pack clearly labeled VAMPIRES wanting only new furniture, clothing, hair, and accessories then raising a raucous about the vampires so that then the devs come in with the following month’s update and turn the vampires into regular sims with funny teeth and fancy clothes. Or complain about weather deaths in Seasons even though a toggle was provided in settings to keep temperatures from affecting your sims and they were given clothing categories that kept temperatures from affect them as well, so that the devs come in again in a subsequent patch and nerf that too.

Many of us paid full price for the packs based on these features being present and then quietly they’re snuffed out, removing a significant portion of the value of the pack for us. I paid $20.00 for Vampires now as far as I am concerned it’s really only worth $10.00 and I paid $40.00 for Seasons and now it’s really only worth $25.00-30.00. Because key features I paid for basically no longer exist without so much as a by your leave.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Guys, I'm seeing reports around the forums of Vampire break-ins resuming as they used to! I did have two Vampires show up to my haunted house in one night, but my Sims were awake and screaming and running amok so they didn't come in on their own, lol.

I think this warrants some investigation! If the devs put this back in, I will be exceptionally euphoric.
    #Team Occult
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Many of us paid full price for the packs based on these features being present and then quietly they’re snuffed out, removing a significant portion of the value of the pack for us. I paid $20.00 for Vampires now as far as I am concerned it’s really only worth $10.00 and I paid $40.00 for Seasons and now it’s really only worth $25.00-30.00. Because key features I paid for basically no longer exist without so much as a by your leave.

This, so much this.

EA can get away with it in the US because our laws don't protect us but some countries the laws do protect consumers. EA would get a shock if they lost the right to sell to that country because they nerffed game play that was used to sell the pack.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The sad thing is I only ever had ONE alien abduction in my entire time playing since I had get to work when it first came out. That happened about a month ago and I got so excited I hit the wrong button and ended up at the manage world screen. Of course when I went back in it was gone 😆😆

My poor sister had made her sim go through the science career and follow every tip and trick online to get him abducted for weeks of play. NOTHING. Eventually she just gave up and stopped trying 😔

Interesting to hear about the vampire break ins! I'll keep an eye out. 🙃
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Guys, I'm seeing reports around the forums of Vampire break-ins resuming as they used to! I did have two Vampires show up to my haunted house in one night, but my Sims were awake and screaming and running amok so they didn't come in on their own, lol.

I think this warrants some investigation! If the devs put this back in, I will be exceptionally euphoric.
    Vlad broke in for a drink last night when I played .... But this was also happening in my game last July.

When do you suspect they nerfed it? I'm probably the odd case where something works as intended but it's broken for others.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

lolol

Oh! I hope they break in nowadays. I'll be on the look out.<3

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited January 2021
    Well the demand to nerf some features in the new pack has already started!

I was on twitter and saw this:
    This is off topic, but could you please put out a fix to make the spirits less invasive?
    Face with rolling eyes
    Whenever they are around I can't get anything done, my sims cancel every interaction to crouch in fear until they leave. Like I get they're scary, but I'm trying to play the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game.

I just replied to her tweet and asked why she doesn't just change the lot type to something other than the Haunted House lot type.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021

This is off topic, but could you please put out a fix to make the spirits less invasive?
    Face with rolling eyes
    Whenever they are around I can't get anything done, my sims cancel every interaction to crouch in fear until they leave. Like I get they're scary, but I'm trying to play the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game.

I just replied to her tweet and asked why she doesn't just change the lot type to something other than the Haunted House lot type.

"Because I want my sims to live in a spooky haunted house but I dont want any spooky haunted things happening thats why!"
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member

Face with rolling eyes
    Whenever they are around I can't get anything done, my sims cancel every interaction to crouch in fear until they leave. Like I get they're scary, but I'm trying to play the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game.

Then why did they get pack? They do realize they have the complete option to have or not have a haunted house, even the lot they get with it can be haunted or not.
    I just bought the pack, and from reviews I have seen, you have to get your Sim to a certain level in order to even see the spirits.

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member

Face with rolling eyes

I just really hope the developers don't listen to these types of people. For crying out loud, you don't have to have the lot haunted all the time, you can switch the lot types out at will, so you want a night or two without spirits, go back to a normal residential lot, want some more spooky time, switch back to haunted, problem solved. I just don't get people sometimes.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Face with rolling eyes

Oh for the love of all things holy...these NITWITS, I-I just can't even BEGIN to understand their logic. "I want to live in a spoopi haunted house without there being too much spoopi activity, pls nurf, uwu." Seriously, if you don't like the "haunted house" because you "can't play the game" then don't change your lot type to a haunted house, change it back to a regular lot type, ffs IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

ISTG, if the devs nerf ANYTHING in this new pack or any possible/upcoming/future supernatural/occult themed packs, I am done, I'm not buying any more packs. I am tired of paying full price (I'm in Australia, so stuff packs are like $15.00, expansions are closer to $60!) for packs only to have a core feature of the pack "quietly" patched out because a bunch of fools don't have impulse control or use the in-game options to get rid of the supernatural activity.

*deep breaths* Can you tell I'm angry? Lol.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Not only can you turn the lot type off, but they gave us multiple ways to keep the haunting activity down, ,from performing seances to getting rid of cursed objects quickly, to giving the specters presents to go away. IF people can't be bothered to do any or all of those things and then want to complain, I have to wonder why the bought the pack in the first place. Use the tools provided ffs.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Not only can you turn the lot type off, but they gave us multiple ways to keep the haunting activity down, ,from performing seances to getting rid of cursed objects quickly, to giving the specters presents to go away. IF people can't be bothered to do any or all of those things and then want to complain, I have to wonder why the bought the pack in the first place. Use the tools provided ffs.

EXACTLY THIS!!!! This is what bugged me about the complaints with vampires, there were in-game tools provided to keep your sim safe from their late-night shenanigans, heck there were even options to lock doors when Vampires came out (people act like there wasn't but there was, it's how I kept my sims safe). But Instead of using them, they were so freaking lazy they just went and stirred up unnecessary drama about it on Twitter. The old "squeaky wheel" theory. ffs.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults