Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    Strongly agree with people saying they don’t care about babies getting updated, or cars added.

I also don’t enjoy playing expansions that include pets. I find their gameplay boring and they end up being a chore to take care of.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    Here's one for the forums.

I think some of the posters in the, "what happened in your Game today - the NONE SERIAL VERSION" thread, should read the thread title and the post explaining the intent of the thread.

It's becoming just like the other one.

Both of those threads scare me. I’m awful at telling stories or explaining what’s happening. :D

You can literally just say, "Bob married Sally today" I"ll still read it :smiley:

I'll read it too. :)
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited January 2021
    Ok, here's a very unpopular opinion.

There's nothing wrong with reskinning objects/features in the game, if the asset is there, it's a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to recycle an already existing feature than to model and program a whole new one.
    Granted TS4 overuses this to an extremely annoying degree with of a lot with the packs, but if they're forced to work on a set budget and can't go full ham as they could with TS3 or older titles, then it just makes it easier for the team in general.
    It's only when they don't bother testing all features of the reskin is when you run into "immersion" issues.
    Post edited by halloweenchild on
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I don't like the challenges that the Sims have, I did consider doing them, but I never did.
    The challenges I am talking about are the 100 baby challenge, legacy challenge, and ones like that. I just find them vaguely interesting, but i would not want to sit down and do it myself.
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2021
    i personally don't really want improved babies. (i'm not against the idea, i'm just not very interested in it either)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so don't want Sims 5. I'm happy with Sims 4 still growing & developing.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have a couple of unpopular opinions...

-It's not "complete" by a long shot but I think Sims 4 has the best idea for elders. Both Sims 2/3 made Elders restrictive in either fashion/gameplay. In real life elders (thinking mid 60's) can do almost anything and a lot don't retire until much later. I like the idea that you just shouldn't over exert them. More interactions would benefit them of course!

-I'm not bothered by "open world" and don't think the Sims needs to waste resources making it open world like Animal Crossing/Breath of the Wild. I would be happy with less loading screens and more customisation in worlds for sure but both Sims 3 and Sims 4 made a lot of empty space I can't do anything in! Make it more like Sims 2.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Well it's pretty much confirmed by a job posting from yesterday, TS5 will not be coming out until at least sometime in 2023. There was a job posting for a UI Designer which stated the job would last bare minimum of at least 2 years.

So I think you'll get plenty of content between now and the release date of any new game.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't like the colour sliders in CAS, I'm sorry to say. I preferred the simpleness of swatches. :#
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't like the colour sliders in CAS, I'm sorry to say. I preferred the simpleness of swatches. :#

Gotta go with you there. Nothing wrong with having more swatches, since we had so few before, but the sliders aren't really required in most cases.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member

To not be THAT person, I'll agree to disagree.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Alpha CC was fine in ts3 because for the most part the game looked like it was trying to mimic real world aesthetics but ts4 is too colorful and stylized for alpha CC
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    I HAAATE Alpha CC. It's too Valley-of-the-Uncanny for me, and doesn't belong in a lighthearted (if dark-humored) franchise like The Sims.
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    To add to the cc topic, alpha hair is often a lot better. Clay hair doesn't look appealing, not always but mostly. That being said I don't not like alpha skin because they make the sims look the same. Think Clair Shoban, her sims tend to have the same face syndrome at times.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

+1

I've read many times that TS2/3 are, in ways, better than TS4 and yet TS5 is somehow going to blow our minds. Why should it?
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

+1

I've read many times that TS2/3 are, in ways, better than TS4 and yet TS5 is somehow going to blow our minds. Why should it?

imagine the best aspect of each sims games combined, with better graphics.
    now imagine if the sims was owned by a better company and there was room to actually think about this as a possibility
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021

I'm ready for a lot more packs!
    I'm totally fine with it having 30+ packs, they can keep coming :)
    (And no, i don't have all of them. For me the idea is personalizing the experience. The more options for my sims the better, but not if the theme doesn't interest me at all)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited January 2021
    I actually really don't like open world in ts3 and I don't want it back as a whole

i would like open neighborhood so you could visit your neighbors without loading screen
    (so sims could trick or treat and such)

and open water so my sims could use water bodies inside their neighborhood to swim and boat and aquazip and such

but i definitely don't want whole world to scroll over eternally and it really annoys me when playing ts3 cause its constant wheres wally

(and yes i am currently playing ts3 so its not like i just have bad memories its currently irritating me to point of wanting to just load up ts4)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Alpha is bad. Straight up I hate how it looks.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I bought several days ago TS3 base game for my PC. And...

1. I thought that I would play without CC (as I play TS4 on PS5). Unfortunately Sims in TS3 are super ugly! Due to that I downloaded some CC to have better Sims on the next day :/ TS4 Sims are much more better than in previous generations.
    2. Color wheal and sliders are not so good. Colors and textures look so fake on build/buy objects. Slider system in TS4 is better, but EA should add some matchig swatches.
    3. Skintones in TS4 are better. Ok, some of them are glithed and weird, but skintones in TS3 are so... plastic (?)
    4. TS3 gameplay is nice but I do not think that it is much more better than TS4 base game.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    Ok, here's a very unpopular opinion.

There's nothing wrong with reskinning objects/features in the game, if the asset is there, it's a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to recycle an already existing feature than to model and program a whole new one.
    Granted TS4 overuses this to an extremely annoying degree with of a lot with the packs, but if they're forced to work on a set budget and can't go full ham as they could with TS3 or older titles, then it just makes it easier for the team in general.
    It's only when they don't bother testing all features of the reskin is when you run into "immersion" issues.

Agree for most cases, the complaints about animations being used for multiple things just makes no sense to me and feels very nitpicky. It just makes logical sense that if you have an existing animation which is exactly what you aim to create you should just tweak that. Also things like Bonehilda, it makes perfect sense to use the skeleton mesh already there? It would just be plain stupid not to. However one thing I don't like is when they reskin pack items and add them to the base game like the hot tub and the get famous? tops they reskinned and added to the base game for their Hispanic month and anniversary.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Alpha is weird and doesn't match the rest of the game
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Vik wrote: »
    1) I don't want cars
    2) I don't want an open world, but I would like an open neighborhood so I will not have to go through a loading screen just to get to a next door house
    3). I want actual religions in my game. And I heard "it's too controversial" while you're talking about a game that has men abducted by aliens and forcefully impregnated. Additional there are a ton of religious items like pegan Day of the Dead Mexican celebrations, hijab and Kwanzaa celebrations. But I can't get a cross? Come on now.
    4) the skintone update is atrocious for the light skin tones, ESPECIALLY the cool tones they are horrendous and lacking. They focuses so much on the improvement of dark skin tones they forgot about other people being represented. Yet simmers aren't really talking about it, because that's not woke.

They have so gone overboard with the dark tones that all my white sims babies show as black. And I do mean ALL. Its annoying, white mom, white dad twin black babies pictures.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top