Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I bring the ghost pets back to life?

Maybe it's because I've owned so many cats over the years that have eventually passed on, but I find the idea of pet ghosts quite upsetting. (During the gameplay livestream where they showed the pet cemetery on Deadgrass island and Whisper the ghost cat walked by I cried! he looked so sad.)
OK, it's comforting to know they haven't completely left, but the fact that they're dead is just too much.

So I have an idea to bring the pet ghosts back to life; basically have a sim who spends their time resurrecting ghost pets, but I don't know how to go about it, so I want to know is it possible?
Is there a way to resurrect them? if so how?
Given that they've died of old age, can they be resurrected? (I always have aging off if it's relevant)
Also, if I resurrect the ghost pets on Deadgrass island will the game spawn more?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    You can. Just give them an ambroisia treat, that you can either craft or buy for 2500§ at any Vet' clinic.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    You can. Just give them an ambroisia treat, that you can either craft or buy for 2500§ at any Vet' clinic.

Thank you :) I thought it was ambrosia something but I wasn't sure what.
    I'm guessing I probably have to befriend them first, but I'm still unsure if the game will spawn more pet ghosts if I resurrect all the ones I find on the island.
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    Yes, actually, if you go to a pet clinic, there is a treat that brings them back to life if they eat it. (its named after the same meal that brings sims back) Don't know if it applies to the NPC pet's though, i haven't spent enough time to try everything (20 min total with the New EP)
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2017
    The game probably will, but I'm not sure, especially since the only one I resurrected thus far was the premade ghost dog.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Thank you for your insight :)
    It'll take a bit of planning but I'll give it a go and see what happens.
  • Lianimal_1Lianimal_1 Posts: 198 Member
    I dLd a ghost from the exchange, moved her into a creepy house, travelled out there with her, went to build mode, put a shower in that middle bathoom, got her a tent, a grill, a bonfire and a tablet...l have Already adopted Captain Whittaker. I plan to adopt 7 ghost pets.
  • LazeeDragonLazeeDragon Posts: 5 New Member
    i was single and was able to adopt a ghost dog...now my house is full and i don't how to send him back...pls help tyvm :)
  • LazeeDragonLazeeDragon Posts: 5 New Member
    i was single and was able to adopt a ghost dog...now my house is full and i don't how to send him back...pls help tyvm :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member

Hello
    You could go into Manage Households, click on your sims household, and move the ghost dog to another household of sims that are in the game.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Do remember that when you give that ambrosia treat to a NPC ghost pets, the pet (now alive) will join your household.
  • guanahanii83guanahanii83 Posts: 352 Member
    Neechan1,
    yes you can revive npc pets with ambrosia
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2017 and has all the relevant info, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top