Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Safe Custom Content Sites!

2...Next

Comments

• LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but maybe put up a list of some of the most bad custom content to watch out for that sometimes attaches itself to other CC like that Arezzo Counter, I think it is and that doll?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but maybe put up a list of some of the most bad custom content to watch out for that sometimes attaches itself to other CC like that Arezzo Counter, I think it is and that doll?
    Crinrict has sets of pretty comprehensive lists of these linked to on her blog, together with instructions on how to get rid of them.
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @igazor A lot of the items on that list I recognize as being from TSR, which is why I'm very cautious of what I download from there and only trust a small handful of creators.
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2018
    My current setup for blocking ads and malware:

AdGuard (Not Free- installs to Windows and puts a plug-in in each of your browsers- in my opinion, it's the strongest blocker out there because it isn't just an extension like all the others) It will block ads, trackers, and so much more.

Malware Bytes

Opera Browser with a built-in ad-blocker

Adblock Plus extension added to Opera Browser (yes, I realize that this is overkill at this point)

uBlock Origin Extension added to Opera (Did I mention overkill?)

With this setup, I am pretty safe from ads. Every year, I dump another $70 into AdGuard for 2 PCs. There's usually a sale, so it's not that high very often. It's totally worth it since you never know what the Extensions will let slip by. This lets me safely download from TSR.
    sig.jpg
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @Nabril - I know this is a bit OT for the OP. But for controlling adware, I use a Hosts file and it does the job for all my browsers, all the computers on my network and it's free. The HOSTs file can be tweaked if you disagree or want to add more locations included in the lists in the updates.

A link to get people started: https://mvpshostsnews.blogspot.com/2018/04/mvps-hosts-file-update-april-15-2018.html
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • ariasunshineariasunshine Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2019
    this is the thing i have had issues with TSR for 2 days now i hadnt played in a few months and came back and had to delete my ENTIRE tsr library full of 1 yrs worth of downloads that at that time worked fine and had no issues...now its all gone!! :neutral::( so i try to download one item from TSR and i get an error from origin saying some files are missing but when i delete the file from the TSR folder game loads fine i have messaged support today and got a response but they say they need more info...im running a deep scan atm now i had browsed a few mins without an adblocker 1 day then the next paid for VIP and turned on the adblocker looks like i got bamboozled perhaps by some malware? will clean it out real good and never go back...i need if anyone has or is willing to give me a list of updated links for 2019 even into 2018 some of the sites on this post are closed and/or outdated...anyone have some updates?! :) thanks in advance.. #startingoverwithmycc
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited January 2019
    this is the thing i have had issues with TSR for 2 days now i hadnt played in a few months and came back and had to delete my ENTIRE tsr library full of 1 yrs worth of downloads that at that time worked fine and had no issues...now its all gone!! :neutral::( so i try to download one item from TSR and i get an error from origin saying some files are missing but when i delete the file from the TSR folder game loads fine i have messaged support today and got a response but they say they need more info...im running a deep scan atm now i had browsed a few mins without an adblocker 1 day then the next paid for VIP and turned on the adblocker looks like i got bamboozled perhaps by some malware? will clean it out real good and never go back...i need if anyone has or is willing to give me a list of updated links for 2019 even into 2018 some of the sites on this post are closed and/or outdated...anyone have some updates?! :) thanks in advance.. #startingoverwithmycc

@ariasunshine, I'm assuming you're playing TS4 by looking at your posting history. So if that is the case, then it might better to post this over in The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content section of the site as this is a thread for TS3 CC sites. Someone over there might have an updated/post over in that section for TS4 CC sites... ;)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    @Candyd yes I am aware of that problem so you definitely have to be careful for sure
  • dimpledimple Posts: 1 New Member
    Hiii, i want to make a question, please answer quick
    Is that i downloaded some sims 3 cc from the post
    Now i have the question if it is paid, i already downloaded and obviosly they didn´t ask for nothing about paying, but i am nervous anyway
    i downloaded from anubis and lapiz
    please help me :(
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    edited August 2019
    @dimple I responded to your question on my wall/profile page.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited January 2021
    So I wanted to do a post about some safe custom content web sites. Since people are always looking for them. If you have a website that is safe and has quality CC then post the link and I'll put in here!

Hope this helps!

I was just saying earlier that I need new sims 3 child hair! Lol. Thank you!
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    I need everyone’s help.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    GPH wrote: »
    I need everyone’s help.

This thread is kind of old.What do you need help with? You need to be a little more specific.XD
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    GPH wrote: »
    I need everyone’s help.

This thread is kind of old.What do you need help with? You need to be a little more specific.XD

@Graceybacey, this member plays Sims 4 and has spammed different threads with a list of things that's missing from the game even though some of the items are already in the game either in the base game, the different packs or through patches. They're probably looking for others to share the long list of items that they have on their page.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hark! We hear a cry for HELP across the dark wilderness! Could it be a damsel (or her male counterpart, a damoiseau or squire if you prefer) in distress? We don our suits of armour, or ripped flannel shirts, whatever we got, jump on our horses, or little red wagons, pogo sticks, etc., and are poised to assist! B)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2021
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2019 and the reason why it was bumped is pretty vague, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.
    Please start a new thread if the question/issue still persists.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top