Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To realism and family players , how do you like paranormal pack

I am not a big fan of occult but I am intrigued by paranormal. Perhaps it is because it looks like there is a lot of gameplay for a stuff pack. So for those who are more a realism or family player , is this pack worth getting at full price ? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Honestly I love it! I’m mostly a realism player, and keep my occult’s to their own saves. The nice thing about this pack, is that most of it is tied to a lot type. Unless you play that lot or place the crystal ball (and use it), I don’t see it interfering with anything. The CAS and build/buy have really nice items that can be used for realistic Sims and homes as well.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm not a realism player but I'd say it's worth getting just for the stuff. There's some really nice clothes and furniture in this one and although some is heavily themed a lot of it is pretty versatile and would work great in regular play
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    While I don't mind occults appearing in my saves and worlds, I rarely ever actually "play" them as my own sims. I am definitely more of a "boring, realistic" player and like my sims doing mundane things (which I honestly wish there were more of in TS4 .... like trimming bushes and shrubs, making the bed, vacuuming, etc).

But, after seeing the reveal trailer I noticed that the majority of the CAS/BB were not geared towards the occults. I fully expected to see more stereotypical "Haunted House" type furniture and decor (ratty, torn sheets on furniture, boarded up windows or windows that are broken, grungy floors, torn wallpaper, more dead plants, etc) but for the most part, it is just normal stuff that would 100% fit into "realistic" saves.

And since the paranormal activity is specifically tied to that particular lot type, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I'm sort of both, most of my households are occult families, and I really liked it :sweat_smile:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    It's funny because I'm a more realistic player but I don't mind ghosts, vampires, or witches roaming around. I just don't play them often. In real life I'm a big fan of everything spooky but in the sims I play a more realistic approach with a few sims that are occults. My sims think they're myths but you never know... Anyways I love the new stuff pack. It somehow still fits in really well with the way I play. You never know when you could move into a haunted house.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I play family legecy, but sometimes the legacy family is occult. I just had a vampire baby - first and only vampire in the house, so once she grew up into a a child I turned the house haunted and started leveling up her medium skills. She is the 6th generation so I felt like I had to do something to keep it from getting boring and maybe I will get lucky and a ghost will do something that causes one of my "extra" sims to die.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I tend to play casually if I'm not doing something out there testing my sims basic survival skills.

I always enjoy seeing occults pop up now and again in the world (and not taking over a town and spreading vampirism and more much like a celebrity).

I have like four households that this pack works very nicely for, especially a sim that lives in a caravan and collects and sells weird stuff and antiques. Seance table works so well for her.

Have the Addams family in another save and this lot type works so well for their home.

The CAS and build/buy alone is already so nice if you don't see yourself using the career or lot type.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think it's fun even if you just play in the haunted house and not engage too much with the ghosts. The ghosts will find a way to interact with your sims and will scare them and it does feel like it's haunted. My sims didn't do any seances and there wasn't that much ghost activity or ghostly stuff to clean up. When they were scared they liked to talk to the Dhalia doll. I thought it was cute.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I haven't bought the pack yet, but my plan is to place the haunted house that comes with the pack in a world (probably Willow Creek) so I have a week of scary chaos amongst many weeks of normal, rotational play.

I also have a few suitable candidates to move into the haunted house (young adults with enough reward points to buy the brave trait).
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    I'm sort of both, most of my households are occult families, and I really liked it :sweat_smile:

Exact same.
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I'm mainly a family player and I'm always welcome to a new paranormal pack. I like occult and I would have occult families. I did try a new pack in my generations family and honestly it is so disturbing to every day life and it's hard to play a family with a haunted house. But i had vampire families before, no problem.