March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most Played Packs of 2020 pt. 2 (GAME PACKS)

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
Hello! I've decided that every year from now on, I'd like to do a little experiment and see what the most played pack of the past year was, for my own curiosity and just in case some gurus are here and want to see what we liked and disliked. I've divided into several polls, one for Expansion Packs, one for Game Packs, three for Stuff Packs since there are so many, and one final poll to determine the best pack as of, what will be represented in this edition, December 31st, 2020.

My system for determining the best Stuff Pack can get a little confusing, so I'll be explaining that in a spoiler at the end of the post for anyone interested.

This will be the Game Pack Poll. Links to all of the others will be listed shortly as I make them. Please vote for the Game Pack you think you played with the most in this past year.

Stuff Pack Poll System:
There will be two polls, one with the nine oldest Stuff Packs and another with he eight newest. I will take the top five packs from each of these polls after one week, and create a new poll consisting of those options. Whichever pack wins that poll will be considered the most played Stuff Pack of 2020, and will be added the the final poll consisting of the most played Expansion and Game Pack to see the MOST played pack of 2020.

Other Polls:
Expansion Packs
Stuff Packs #1
Stuff Packs #2
Stuff Pack Finals: N/A
Most Played Pack: N/A
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Most Played Packs of 2020 pt. 2 (GAME PACKS) 90 votes

Outdoor Retreat
0%
Spa Day
4%
g01denswangoodcakebaker62Harukotyannetney52 4 votes
Dine Out
14%
Frn0731BlkBarbiegalPaigeisin5Lustianiciaashcrash19OnverserTeslachick2Evilyn_1007superkyle221AbbyZSharoniatelemwillSthenastia 13 votes
Vampires
22%
overonElnVldcchant86YautjagirltaydevemereBabykittyjadeannaliese39aws200EvaliynBOYj1z1RememberJoyhaisinCelSimsbella_gothZebSimsCalico45BastetKerrigan 20 votes
Parenthood
33%
Akl500Pauroraael14GalacticGalIcewolfColorist40Sasquatch7simgirl1010jimbbqpajamajam07peterskywalkerbr00kie1Glimmer50MoonfoxNightcrybenson2006ScobreAquaGamer1212BreazonamusteniHearts4uVivi_WillowTree 30 votes
Jungle Adventure
3%
DoloresGreyEnkiSchmidtVeeDub 3 votes
Strangerville
2%
EmmpRedShoe7 2 votes
Realm of Magic
20%
PlayerSinger2010MelisendreKhrisstyneParmaViolet87texxx78GitaLiELFEmusimmer32MirkaKaroliinaAtreya33logionTTNsimmerRavenSpitSERVERFRAGordyDaWaterRatEliasVersaceBookBear 18 votes
Journey to Batuu
0%

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Cool idea!
    My most played pack of 2020 was real of magic. Maybe because i only got in 2020...
    This month though i feel i'm playing more parenthood.
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Vampires
    First ever pack I've bought, it's my favourite since then.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Vampires
    I bought Vampires in 2019, but I think I started integrating it into my gameplay more in 2020. Although I still think I could play it more, but I think I might have used it more consistently than Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic or Outdoor Retreat (though I use tents a lot). It's really hard to say because I use many packs and it changes a lot which ones I focus on during the year.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Vampires
    This has been my most played since release 😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am a family style legacy player. So I get the most use out of parenthood.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited January 2021
    Realm of Magic
    This was really, really hard! I always play with Vampires, so that's a given and I really hate not voting for them in anything, lol. But I had to really think about what the most of my gameplay included for that particular year and it came down to Journey to Batuu and Realm of Magic. I played Batuu a lot when it released (and still have a household there, they never left and may never return to "normal" again and I'll be revisiting them) but it did come out near the end of the year so I gave my vote to Realm of Magic because Spellcasters were still new to me and I had so many ideas for them that I invested a lot of game time creating and playing Sims both new and old. So now that my Fairies have magic, my Voodoo Mambo and Loa are at home in a creepy shack by the volcano, my glam Witch is finally imbued and making mischief in Forgotten Hollow at the Salem Witch House, the Hecate Three are in the forest making potions, my street Mage is causing trouble and my scoundrel of a Warlock has stirred things up with some illegitimate bloodlines, I can, with confidence, say that this pack, even over all other packs, won 2020 for me.
    Post edited by LiELF on
    #Team Occult
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Realm of Magic
    It's actually a tie between Parenthood and Realm of Magic, because I tend to play families of Spellcasters, but Parenthood's gameplay is more integrated into the background, while I'm actively choosing to have my spellcasters use magic... even if it's mostly Scruberoo in place of a shower before work.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Parenthood
    I'm a little unsure what I should pick. I have raised up some teenagers and paid a lot of attention to the character values. They're kind of always part of the gameplay when playing families, hard to avoid. I also use Dine Out a lot to send my sims out to eat, but I'm feeling Parenthood is more invasive. I have played the other packs too, but none really stand out.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,295 Member
    Parenthood
    I was so happy over this pack I think I cried. Finally, we get a chance to truly influence our born-in-game Sims. Yay! This brings family play to a brand new height. I never really enjoyed the pack in Sims3 that everyone is clamoring for. For me it was a bit of a 'nothing burger'. I enjoyed how the teen/adult Sims could swing a child around. The children could play tag (all of this in Sims2) but not found in the Generations pack. face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Interesting. My favorite GP is Strangerville, but looking back at my screenshots I did only two and a half playthroughs of that, while I sent my sims to the jungle on countless occasions. Most of the time it was story related, but there were also occasions of "starter family in an apartment they cannot afford, we need money quickly".
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Parenthood
    I'm a family player so I'm always using parenthood. Dine out and strangerville are close seconds.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood probably gets the most use because a lot of my Sims have children and its features get a lot of use automatically. Dine Out was another one I use a lot.
    My favorite game pack is Vampires, but I play them only on few saves, so it's less used than some others.
  • br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood is the pack for family gameplay, really made kids worth it.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Witchesssssssssss :sweat_smile:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2021
    Spa Day
    As for the question it is spa day. It's my most used pack. I love this pack a lot. Usually for gamepacks I pick Jungle Adventure as it's a great pack for gameplay. What I will give an honourable mention to is vampires and it's tile flooring I can finally build in fashion bathrooms of modern/Victorian
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Parenthood
    I do want to give my love to Dine Out, but I never have actually played with a restaurant before...as such I gotta give it to Parenthood. Journals, and chasing those special reward traits are something that pop up and influence my gameplay the most.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires is one of the most perfectly done packs ever in the Sims. Three unique aspirations and a huge power and weakness tree. I love it!
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited January 2021
    Parenthood
    I hope we will get more packs similar to parenhood, I just love this pack and use it all the time. But I hope they change the "ugh! hate my family" -moodlet (from neg. relationship with family member when growing up) to a lifelong sentiment (=sentiments that remain the same if you don´t work on them. This way the sim can have the possibility "forgive" if the player wants to = "reconciliation").
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Parenthood
    I currently play a rotational save where different families focus on different packs, so this is hard to answer. But unless I'm specifically getting character values in the red for story reasons (which I did in the past year for the first time) I usually try to age every sim up with at least two character values and I have a lot of teens in my game right now so that's been a focus across the board. I also had my first sim age up with all five values in the green this year. I have vampire and spellcaster households and a hero of Strangerville, as well as a camping focused household, but on average I'd say Parenthood has been part of more of my families, especially in the past six months.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Realm of Magic
    There are game packs other than Realm of Magic?! /s
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Dine Out
    Parenthood. I don’t know why I voted for Dine Out. I do use it a lot though. :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I use alot of the building objects from ROM & I constantly combine the Vampire & Spellcaster perks for some of my households.
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Parenthood
    I play families all the time, it's not possible not to use Parenthood if you have kids.