Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any MOD That gets rid of the Grim Reaper?

I would like to have Sims just die and not have this dramatic thing with the Grim Reaper for every death. Is there any mod that removes the Grim Reaper?

Comments

• Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Goodness. You should probably make a "is there a mod for" master thread. This one is interesting though I never even thought about this. That might prove useful.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The problem with removing the Grim Reaper, is that when a sim dies, your game would be stuck. This has happened to a few players in the past where something happened and there was no Grim Reaper. When I mean stuck, you won't be able to save, because your game will give you a message saying can't save because there is a sim who is dying. I know this because it happened to me once a few years ago.
  • Options
    vesvezDatvesvezDat Posts: 491 Member
    Thanks for the info. But so it's possible to remove the Grim Reaper? I don't mind saiving. I'm a player that doesn't save.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    vesvezDat wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. But so it's possible to remove the Grim Reaper? I don't mind saiving. I'm a player that doesn't save.

That means you can never save your game once a sim dies. You'll have to start a new game each time you shut your computer down and reopen. Or after every time the game crashes.
  • Options
    I'm aware of that but it's not big problem because with nraas mods I set my days to be 15 minute longs in real life. So i can always do something different. But Karritz, do you know how to get rid of the grim reaper? Well if there's no way to do it, it's fine . I was just wondering.
  • Options
    I'm aware of that but it's not big problem because with nraas mods I set my days to be 15 minute longs in real life. So i can always do something different. But Karritz, do you know how to get rid of the grim reaper? Well if there's no way to do it, it's fine . I was just wondering.

The only way I know of is to use total inhalation with Master Controller.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Karritz wrote: »

But wouldn't the game just spawn a new one?
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I had a game that glitched and he never did show up. I can tell you - Without the Reaper, you'll have -

Screenshot-9979_zpst9vrxvnx.jpg
    Sims standing around "stuck" mourning
    Screenshot-9980_zpszeiq5huz.jpg
    Dead Sims...
    Screenshot-9981_zpswl6h9hgm.jpg
    ...and animals will litter the streets
    Screenshot-9982_zpsisfsbv1f.jpg
    Since the game re-spawns new townies you'll end up with roads choked full of bodies, when THOSE die as well...

I found the mourning stuck Sims most irritating of all, since I tried to talk to someone, but they were stuck mourning over the body and wouldn't interact with me.

Note: Only Morgana and Lisa are alive in the bottom pic (there's a ghost next to Lisa) everyone else - including the horse - was dead.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    578 Ouch!!!!! But you see how many sims are there. With a normal Grim reaper wouldn't he appear and do his dramatic stuff those many times? (like in your picture 6 consequetive times) that's kind of annoying. that's why i wanted to get rid of him.

Karritz what does otal inhalation with Master Controller do and how does it work?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    This thread just makes me think of:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUO_5EALZoM

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »

But wouldn't the game just spawn a new one?

I have no idea - and I'm not going to try it to find out.
  • Options
    578 Ouch!!!!! But you see how many sims are there. With a normal Grim reaper wouldn't he appear and do his dramatic stuff those many times? (like in your picture 6 consequetive times) that's kind of annoying. that's why i wanted to get rid of him.

Karritz what does otal inhalation with Master Controller do and how does it work?

Total inhalation removes all traces of a sim from the game. IT is a way of deleting sims without breaking the game.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2016
    Grimmy is a Service Sim. If you TA him, it would be like TAing a maid or the child care social worker. A new one will just spawn as needed, if things are working correctly.

Edit: By the way, it's Total Annihilation, not Total Inhalation. Although that new one does sound interesting if you are into that sort of thing. :)

No, there is no way to mod the concept of Grim Reapers out of the game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BachPatuBachPatu Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2021
    Actually THERE IS a mod for that now. It's called the Mortem Mod (Which you can get @ https://simrealist.itch.io/mortem)

It ain't free but it's realistic though :D
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    BachPatu wrote: »
    Actually THERE IS a mod for that now. It's called the Mortem Mod (Which you can get @ https://simrealist.itch.io/mortem)

It ain't free but it's realistic though :D

That is for Sims 4.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    (chuckles) I remember this thread. The one who started it wasn't a serious player and was trolling us way back then.

That looks like an interesting TS4 mod concept, though. Apparently the functions of the Grim Reaper are changed and replaced by those of a Medical Examiner. Must have been a lot of work to put together, although of course the platform on which TS4 mods are designed is not the same nor as difficult and awkward for many coders to use as is the case with TS3.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2021
    Saw this and thought to myself: Why would anyone want to get rid of Grimmy. In this age almost five years later, he's an "essential worker"... :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Saw this and thought to myself: Why would anyone want to get rid of Grimmy. In this age almost five years later, he's an "essential worker"... :mrgreen:

Yeah, but I wish we could put him in "quarantine" for a while. He could sit and watch tv.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2016, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top