Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new career? & neighborhood?

I thought the game was also comming with a new career of some sort or something and also it tried to install like a new neighborhood or something but it didn't work but it didn't work so whats that about? ;) If there is a new neighborhood is there a way to try again to get it back or something? ;)

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's a new Career, but there's no new neighbourhood. It's possible it installed the Fear patch.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Could you be clearer? did you actively buy and try to install a new pack, or do you mean like a free update? The patches never come with a new world, but there were new careers added in patches previously (like the freelance career, and I think fisherman was might have been free). The latest addition Paranormal is a stuff pack, which is the smallest addition and those never come with a new world, this one adds the Paranomal Investor career. The patch before it (a week ago), added the new Scared emotion.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    No new neighborhood, it's the haunted house that was made for this pack by a game changer. I chose not to place it. I don't know if it went to your library or if you have to download it.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Paranormal added the Paranormal Investigator trade to the Freelance career. It's not really a new career, just a new specialty.

Paranormal also added a default haunted house, the Duplantier Dwelling, which you are prompted to place the first time you play. It is in the lot library if you want to add it later. You can also make your own haunted house by setting the lot type to Haunted House Residential instead of Residential or Tiny Home Residential.