Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk more about Sims 5.

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2021
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/01/26/more-information-on-the-development-of-the-sims-5/

The more I hear the more bad it sounds. Cross platform on tablet, Mobile and console.... i just don't see how it can have the complexity of sims 2 and 3 that people want on my android.....

Me neither, doesn't sound good. I would understand if they want to be cross platform with console and PC, but not mobile and tablets, they don't have enough processing power, even if unreal is an impressive engine on mobile.

I'm really hoping that there will be different versions and this is only about the UI that they would want to be consistent between their different versions.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    logion wrote: »
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/01/26/more-information-on-the-development-of-the-sims-5/

The more I hear the more bad it sounds. Cross platform on tablet, Mobile and console.... i just don't see how it can have the complexity of sims 2 and 3 that people want on my android.....

Me neither, doesn't sound good. I would understand if they want to be cross platform with console and PC, but not mobile and tablets, they don't have enough processing power, even if unreal is an impressive engine on mobile.

I'm really hoping that there will be different versions and this is only about the UI that they would want to be consistent between their different versions.

It can work for some platfoms. Civilization 6 is a huge game but its also available on the Switch.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Make the next Sims 5 CC friendly by providing an easy to 3-D blender item integrating system. With updates to it. Sims 3 and 4 saw how a rich creative fan base (thousands of items) made the game so much more playable, has kept an interest in its continued existence and growth when large gaps in creative item additions and styles were limited.

That would be nice. The Sims is huge with CC and modding i think theyll want it to be as easy as possible.

It could be only multiplayer aspects that support the cross platform, which I wouldnt be against. We'll just have to see. But i am so excited to hear more info of its development!!! 🤗🤗🤗 Ive been waiting this entire time for them to work on the next game ♡ I just really want them to have sim personalities be sophisticated and Ill enjoy it a lot.

Ohhhh I'm hoping for non-clay hair too and real eyelashes this time around!

Aw man, i love the clay hair :D

Im hoping that the cross platform/subscription fees only apply to multiplayer. In that case, i wouldn't care.

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I saw the UI job posting yesterday as well. The description terms of the posting specifically stated that the position was expected to last a minimum of 2 years working on the UI and then possibly transitioning to a hybrid of UI/UX (User Interface/User Experience).

So I'm guessing the earliest release date for the game is roughly sometime in 2023.

But based upon what I'm reading the last few days, it probably wouldn't be a game I'm interested in anyway. How can a complex sims game be played on a phone or tablet? We'll be back to having small uneditable worlds again, the AI will probably be bare minimum since there won't be a great need for NPCs since the people you encounter in the world will be other players. How will you control all of your sim families if it's online? How can there be complex building tools if the game is going to be able to be played on a phone or tablet?

Hello Paralives!!!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

It could be only multiplayer aspects that support the cross platform, which I wouldnt be against. We'll just have to see. But i am so excited to hear more info of its development!!! 🤗🤗🤗 Ive been waiting this entire time for them to work on the next game ♡ I just really want them to have sim personalities be sophisticated and Ill enjoy it a lot.

I know you've been waiting a long time. I really do hope it turns out to be amazing despite my low expectations. Because games are going in a different (worse) direction in general. Even though I will be enjoying ts4 for years to come I want ts5 to be an awesome game for all of us sim lovers!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Anyone else find it weird that in the previous job posting about CAS they talked about knowledge about Mods and Custom Content? You can't play with mods on a phone?

I don't see how they could have packs either, DLC on a mobile phone is unusual and also takes up a lot of hard drive space.
    logion wrote: »
    Anyone else find it weird that in the previous job posting about CAS they talked about knowledge about Mods and Custom Content? You can't play with mods on a phone?

I don't see how they could have packs either, DLC on a mobile phone is unusual and also takes up a lot of hard drive space.

Thats why I also think some aspects may not be available on mobile/tablet etc. Mods being reserved for PC. Or it could mean they take inspiration from popular mods and introduce into the game?

I know you've been waiting a long time. I really do hope it turns out to be amazing despite my low expectations. Because games are going in a different (worse) direction in general. Even though I will be enjoying ts4 for years to come I want ts5 to be an awesome game for all of us sim lovers!

Yes I hope so too! I'll be waiting for Paralives and Sims 5. And whatever other life simulation games appear.

• Avatar1111Avatar1111 Posts: 12 New Member
    Yep, Paralives is the small dog in the fight. But I love building in Sims 4 and I would want a next generation level graphics experience with trees, water reflections, emotion AI not just intelligence AI and so on. And I would want it to be many times better than sims 4 was - just as Sims 2 was so far above the original Sims. But I see a future that may require an online multiplayer experience. I would have hopped that SimCity would have taught them a paradigm reality shift away from such things. But the temptation of monthly player fees can be blinding. But I would like to remind EA and Maxis that most online games soon go to free play. From there they slide to fade.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited January 2021
    as they say in the song of a ps4 game persona 5 life will change (boss music) in that game claim our rights - it's time to post what we went to see in the sims5 while its in development time for our voices to ring outand let ea maxi knows what we went in the sims5 even do i love the sims4 they must avoid making the same mistakes they did with sims4
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Apart from those things mentioned by OP in the opening post I would like to see
    • A realistic art style, human looking Sims and detailed plants and trees
    • Family trees
    • Curved/angled walls, foundations and fences
    • Cars and the ability to view inside while sim is driving
    • A decent way to filter items in CAS and build and buy
    • If there has to be multiplayer then the option to play singly and to play offline.
      • Large four legged animals plus random penguins
      • Fairies/witches that can be played as Sims, flying hoovers
      • One UI at the bottom of the screen
      • A tanning booth
      • Ability to swim in the ocean, dive lots
      • Ability to travel to all worlds
      • Proper sim babies with arms and legs, baby buggies, play pens etc
      I could go on. Of course there are things I don’t want starting with loading screens and Sims with silly walks :/

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    Ohhhh I'm hoping for non-clay hair too and real eyelashes this time around!

Aw man, i love the clay hair :D

im tired with clay hair as well like chicklet
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MrChair18MrChair18 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been a avid player of the Sims since the age of 6. :p So hearing news that the Sims 5 is being built up at the moment gives me hope that a lot of the wishes for Sims 4 will automatically go into the base game for 5. I know that's wishful thinking, especially since only so many ideas can go into one Expansion. Plus I have this trust issue when it comes to EA from how Sims 4 has been brought up, but I know that the game developers are doing their best to fulfill everyone's wishes while working for this company that possibly has other expectations/ideas toward this game. So, idk I guess we'll see! :D

My True Wants For Sims 5:

⬛️ An open world. (Brings more life and a less trapping experience while in game.)

⬛️ Customization for landscapes. (Sims 2 style, ofc with some more tiny details added: road placement, backdrop, ect..)

⬛️ Less randomly generated NPCs. (I want to learn and see more real townies that drive a certain story.)

⬛️ Good character development. (Dramas, feelings.)

⬛️ Weather, Robbers, Babies, and Cars!!

⬛️ 5 traits that actually add personality.

⬛️ More personal aspirations. (Kind of Sims 3 style but after completion you can automatically choose another one that fits your sim.)

⬛️ Autonomy that allows sims in your household to roam into the neighborhood freely. (Sims 3 Wii Style)

⬛️ Color wheels! :p

⬛️ Craft family trees/build relationships in CAS. (Add dead sims or add other sims in the neighborhood to be your cousins, siblings, parents, in-laws)

⬛️ Rich details in sims. (Personal bio, outfits planned based on previous outfit choices, fav: food, color, music.)

⬛️ Better attraction system, emotions, and sentiments.

⬛️ Unique animations that are built into premade families.( Ex: The Pancakes, maybe with their rocky marriage they have this autonomy to bicker at each other more often than at other sims. Even if they have a great relationship.)

⬛️ Unique NPC's that will never be playable or be a random townie each new game. (Mrs. CrumpleBottom, Tragic Clown, Grim Reaper)

⬛️ Limited abilities unless you work for it. ( I noticed Sims 4 just handed away stuff/items. You want to be a vampire!? Go to the gym and you'll find Vlad running the treadmill. Lol. It felt very effortless and meaningless to accomplish tasks. I miss the suspense of going to certain locations that carry lore to run into someone.)

⬛️Graveyards( That have sims associated to them and epitaphs to hint who they were. Different headstones to mean different statuses or ages.)

⬛️ Creepy spirits that don't message you to go to dinner, or break your toilets. :(( (I want them to mostly be invisible and to spook me. Maybe make a chair move as if a sim is sitting there when no visible sim is there, creepy thuds or sounds.)

⬛️Spooky stories or plot twists. (Maybe there's a well and a girl fell down it. Idk lol. Sort of like TS3 Plasma 501 wheres there's a tombstone behind it that carries on that a fire was set to kill that random woman. Just a interesting mystery. Ofc they'll kid it down bc younger kiddos still play it. XD)

Now these are my dream wants but I know that these may never be met in the Sims 5.. However, my hope with the competition with Paralives will get some more ears/eyes on the communities major wants and bring some great things to the franchise! :D I have my fingers and toes crossed! xD
    @MrChair18

I like your list!
    ⬛️ Limited abilities unless you work for it. ( I noticed Sims 4 just handed away stuff/items. You want to be a vampire!? Go to the gym and you'll find Vlad running the treadmill. Lol. It felt very effortless and meaningless to accomplish tasks. I miss the suspense of going to certain locations that carry lore to run into someone.)

This too being something id like them to change. I want it to be more challenging to do a lot of things. I also would like challenges for your skill tree similiar tobwhat TS3 had.

edited January 2021
    It also seems to be having a console release:
    The Official PlayStation Magazine has released a brand new issue just a few days ago listing all of the games that are expected to come out for PS5. Among many confirmed video game titles The Sims 5 has also been mentioned for a PS5 release. The description for The Sims 5’s listing says:

ts5ps5listing.png

The listing has been marked with a red circle, meaning that the expected release date is 12+ months and could take much longer than that. This listing also seems to be heavily relying on the information that we posted a few months ago where EA’s CEO confirmed that the Next-Generation Sims Game is in the making

https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/30/the-sims-5-will-also-release-on-ps5-according-to-playstation-magazine/

But since they seem to be working on CAS right now what kind of improvements do you want to see in CAS?

I do love the drag and pull features right now. I like the swatches but not against any color wheel. I love the art style (cartoony) and I wish they would stick with it, but they seem to alternate each game so the next one may be a more realistc looking sim.

edited January 2021
    I like how some traits or personality set in the game influences the kind of job your sim may want. Id like them to continue that. And add wants/goals that really matter to your sim!

62d2eccb07ecc5bdeb7786c5e495cfd6.jpg

I like personality sets or points best. Perhaps adding a scale could work too? But I think a mix of points/gradient AND traits as a hybrid could make really dynamic sims.

big-five-personality-traits-infographic.png

It would be nice to have at least 1 required negative trait because who here is perfect? Make your sims dynamic.

Character-Traits-2.jpg

Reintroduce favorite colors, foods, and other favorites. Time of day? Favorite season? Holiday/tradition? Etc.

830ee28c01a0af75ab4ed516f2ac6844.jpg

Id love for them to add different sim languages!! And each world could have traditions or aspects of their culture. Imagine a create a neighborhood tool where YOU could set the culture. Pick the traditional wear, sim language, cultural food, religion, manners or habits. Etc. That would make it easy to build our lore and add lots of depth imo.

2cc8b284c77cbb7b8e7658ac2bf73e32.jpg

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm most interested to see what Sims will look like. The Sims in 4 were designed in 2012/2013, video game graphics have come so far since then.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I need the first focus to be on the Sims themselves. This means they really need to create a deep root for the personalities.
    They need to have traits, likes/dislikes/favourites, attractions, wants/fears, memories, interests, aspirations, detailed relationships and family trees, emotions, story progression for the Sims around you... I mean we could probably go on. Honestly, this is the key to developing a great Sims game.
    Carl recently made this video about TS5/TS4:

https://youtu.be/0tBMHI5NXTM

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Carl recently made this video about TS5/TS4:

https://youtu.be/0tBMHI5NXTM

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm most interested to see what Sims will look like. The Sims in 4 were designed in 2012/2013, video game graphics have come so far since then.

Do you want a realistic or stylized look?