Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know On Paranormal SP

Comments

• Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    I saw on twitter sims can give eulogies with level 6 charisma’s and as long as there is a podium on the lot and the sims has the urn in the inventory

This is very cool but I wish just anyone could give a eulogy... like why do they need a certain skill level to memorialize the dead??
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member

Wait. Since the update I've had sim households with puddles ALL OVER them. Is this a goof that's only supposed to apply to Bonehilda but "somehow" got applied to a variety of living sims? Where is the testing?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    The ghost grandparents who are members of my household now make extra horrifying humming sounds, sometimes with electric-ish buzzing or whooshing, when they move. Grandma really likes to entertain guests with remarks about death.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    If you're playing a spellcaster in a Haunted House, they can use Scruberoo on the slime faces even if they're otherwise too scared to clean it up.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

Wait. Since the update I've had sim households with puddles ALL OVER them. Is this a goof that's only supposed to apply to Bonehilda but "somehow" got applied to a variety of living sims? Where is the testing?

Yes, this is exactly what happened. Bienchen has a bug fix for this if you use mods at all.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    To7m wrote: »

i had this haha

i love the flashing lights too... feels like sims1

--T

I like that the lights as well as the candles will completely go out and stay out when things get even more spoopy.

5vJrxmT.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So I haven’t been keeping up to date with the info in the pack...are there really coffins in the pack or is that a mod or the vampires coffin bed thing?

Coffins come with the Vampires Gamepack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2021
    Did You Know?
    Sims get a scared moodlet from the interactive candy jar that came with Spooky Stuff.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    wcAvgFI.png
    These yellow nerd ghosts make your sims feel embarrassed.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    There are creepy plants that grow in the yard that your sim will be afraid. But if they get rid of them, it's ok. Also, my sim found a random candle in the yard. He sold it.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2021
    Adding a possessed sim from Strangerville to your household adds hilarity to all aspects of the paranormal pack. ( I am so glad I saved one to my library)
    Post edited by Freygea on
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »

i had this haha

i love the flashing lights too... feels like sims1

--T

I like that the lights as well as the candles will completely go out and stay out when things get even more spoopy.

YES! I noticed this after I had posted here

—T
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    wcAvgFI.png
    These yellow nerd ghosts make your sims feel embarrassed.

I had no clue these existed. I am surprised they weren't mentioned via livestream.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    This might already be known but the mini cowplant has two names it generates with, Either Mini Simzee (to honour lilsimsie, the reason we have nameable cowplants) and Mini Ryshella (To honor Risshella for osmething idk i never heard of her before i had to look up how to spell her name actually lol)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited January 2021
    Ah! An awesome detail about Bonehilda. I had my sim ask her career.

It says maid from Makin' Magic Mausoleum (a nod to the The Sims 1's expansion pack where it came from. +Bonehilda also appeared as a NPC janitor in Magic Town's graveyard/dark lots). Not only that, but it also has a description! It says that forums only say "Justice for Bonehilda!" about the maid.

And maids still quit (but it seems like not for good as she returned the next time). She just noped out and said that they'll never get her alive. I also like the detail how the Bonehilda's outfit is same as The Sims 4's maid.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Ah! An awesome detail about Bonehilda. I had my sim ask her career.

It says maid from Makin' Magic Mausoleum (a nod to the The Sims 1's expansion pack where it came from. +Bonehilda also appeared as a NPC janitor in Magic Town's graveyard/dark lots). Not only that, but it also has a description! It says that forums only say "Justice for Bonehilda!" about the maid.

And maids still quit (but it seems like not for good as she returned the next time). She just noped out and said that they'll never get her alive. I also like the detail how the Bonehilda's outfit is same as The Sims 4's maid.
    :D That is awesome!

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Well then, thanks to this stuff pack and ability to offer souls to specters to make them go away, there's now a way to speed up elders' death by old age! Do it until the aging bar is glowing and then prepare for their last 12 hours (short), day (normal), or 4 days (long).
    Though remember, offering soul when the aging bar is full will actually prolong the death.

Also, the moodlet that comes from offering the soul will prevent your sim from offering another one for some time. To speed it up, a simple moodlet solver should do the trick.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited January 2021
    I hovered over the yellow ghost and the tooltip said her name was Dina! Cute!
    Post edited by iliekponiez on
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    edited February 2021
    Soul Scraps and Ectocakes:
    My sim gifted a knitted pair of socks to a specter and received a "soul scrap" in return. I put it in her inventory for future use. Eating a soul scrap returns the lost part of a sim's soul that was offered to a specter. Guidry will also give soul scraps to sims if they talk about selling their souls.

Received a soul scrap.
    y4muslmi5_4klqJJyupWlKMSWfP_PX2EyEbaJ3BvYlG-QDzyvGP5ySqjYcW0ltas5k09OZxNTsOMxlaSPoL7ppmfTGDbpsa9B_hKjOhBt6KGOVd0CdNiZiU88vf9WonwV1jx2g13B0Y3KJIGHZuATSxBTizBZ60WerUm7u2ahVW4ThhYO5flWnjIlGSJ6Ues5Bl?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

My other sim offered some leftover tofu hot dogs that he'd made the day before. The specter gave him an ectocake in return. Guidry will give out ectocakes too if a sim speaks to him about being hungry.

Received an ecto-slime cake.
    y4mQp5ZUKK73zlkSYAKlyMMgxZx4BI7uPTnCqj7PWqEpKYM0gkjmENmQOSgivpKoK03f0vH0b73I-qx2_VBctpyo-AwkqO4-HHaNi7wIesOfd3mckwdWCq2Hi3PcTfE3J3yFbCZPHhtdbQxm_9xq0YK7-0UTY7syYDQ0j9Rso4a12Q-9gE-dgkTIgIJ1Ne5iYU_?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    this might already be known, but if your sim drinks the specter drink, they might gain skill points!
    giphy.gif
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Spellcasters can Scruberoo the goo puddle monsters. Spellcasters gain medium skill extra quickly.
    The Ghastly ritual can go wrong and your sim will look like Bonehilda for a few hours.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I found out spell casters level up faster on the seance table, and right now mine is up to level 3, and I just got the pack not too long ago today.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    When you mop up slime creatures, if you listen closely you can hear them going 'Ow ow!' It made me laugh :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    If you stay long enough in a haunted house Guidry will give you:
    His COAT!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    I found out that using the séance table to "Commune with the Departed" will help fill a sim's social need!