Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you had the sims you've been playing for several years in real time?

2...Next

Comments

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    @Jeansoo most of them remained at the same age (started as young adults and still are :smile: ). I have two babies that were born in game and are now children (I play super slow :lol: )

But I had other random saved in which sims aged 2-3 age groupes (in quick saves that did not last in the long run).
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @Jeansoo most of them remained at the same age (started as young adults and still are :smile: ). I have two babies that were born in game and are now children (I play super slow :lol: )

But I had other random saved in which sims aged 2-3 age groupes (in quick saves that did not last in the long run).
    Mine are the same too. Grandfather is young adult, his son is young adult, and his grandson is young adult... But they are 6 years old by now in real time age. :D The lifespan of the sim family which I'm currently playing is toddler stage is about a month, child stage is about 50 days, and teen stage is about 70 days. This is the slowest playing I've ever had. :D

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've played my main save since 2016. While those characters have mostly died off, I play with the descendants and new sims, a mix of pre-mades, edited townies and households I make.

I did realize that some individual sims have been around for years.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Well, my current household is a family that I played in 2014 and I have tried to recreate that save twice or three times.
    I'm still playing with them. I began this latest save in 2019 but I usually play it in January, basically. Only now, the father became an elder and the kids that were born in 2019 are adults. ^^0
    I'm feeling sort of moody because I intend to let the father die but, at the same time, I don't want to.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    My sims are atleast 5-6years old 😁😁😁😁 never going to part with them. Of course I'm always making new ones or deleting but the main ones never change
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I have too short of an attention span to play the same sims for a long time. I play in one style until they get super rich and have lots of lifetime points, and then I get bored and start over and do a different sim in a different style. So I have sim families that I have played since I started in 2016, but they havent been played recently.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • lolchick101lolchick101 Posts: 11 New Member
    The longest family ive held in real time is about 4 months. I get antsy and want to make new sims all the time. Its a hard habit to break. I'm trying a legacy challenge right now so fingers crossed lmao
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm super proud of been playing the same sims for two rl weeks 😅 but i have played up to 2/3 months. i'm always restarting and additionaly i can't stand looking at a cluttered load page.... so when i start a new save i just delete the last one.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Archivist wrote: »
    The grandkids of the first Sims I played were all born a little over 11 years ago in October 2009. They've been stuck as teens in my game since 2011 because I enjoy their teen drama too much to let them grow up. From top to bottom: Cassie, Cathy, and Gwydion (2009 vs. 2019/2020)

Qae7Ac6.png

Awe... Cathy "Snob Baby" became a really pretty teen. :):mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the sim I'm playing with now is 4 years old in real time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Awe... Cathy "Snob Baby" became a really pretty teen. :):mrgreen:
    Yeah, she did! Her birth parents are both Sunset Valley premades (Jamie Jolina + Stiles McGraw). I think she's a nice blend of them both. :)

7OchFio.jpg
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes, both Cassie and Cathy grew up to be pretty. :) And I think Jamie Jolina is pretty, too. I don't get all her hate. She wears too much makeup, but that's about it. B)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    The sim I have as my current avatar is the first one I ever created, although he's got a slight makeover at some point. Which means he's from 2013 or 2014, and I still play him in my Bridgeport save. My longest running sim according to playtime is from Sunset Valley though, and given he's practically immortal, I can probably still add to that playtime. That one has been going strong since 2019.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited January 2021
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Yes, both Cassie and Cathy grew up to be pretty. :) And I think Jamie Jolina is pretty, too. I don't get all her hate. She wears too much makeup, but that's about it. B)

fdde41fa8bdff71d5ec942f2b9f46ef0.jpg
    She must have gone to the Tammy Faye (Bakker) Messner school of Cosmetology.

...and I think Raleigh named her as a mascot? :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Yes! I have two actually, lol. I made one sim (Ben) from a dream that I had when I was a teenager. During that dream, I was given a very brief description of what his appearance looked like. He was dressed pretty casual from a narrator's point of view. He was a redhead with emo-like hair, so his bangs were spiked while the other side was fairly shaved, he wore a plain green top, white skinny worn-out jeans with a black belt, his eyes I couldn't really tell at the time were probably brown or dullish green, his face was pretty slim, and his shoes were probably converse-like sneakers.

Anyways, when I finally ran the game not too long after buying it, I went into CAS. Not too long after browsing through the randomized selection of sims, and I, surprisingly, was dumbfounded that one of the pre-made sims was an exact replica of what I saw in my dream. :o No lies, though, I couldn't believe it and thought it was pretty wicked. At a certain point, I did lose his character in the mitts of creating and maybe playing him, but nonetheless, I was determined to get him back. For his mother and doggo, I didn't really try hard into making them. Both were fun to play in-game, though. And as far as my sim goes (Jaslene), she was just one of the many inspired pieces of my sim-self. Fairly easy to make, so creating her and some family members was pretty nice, but also weird. For some reason at the time, I thought since I was the daughter of the mother I created, that the sim I made as my brother would be labeled as my sibling and not as my mother's potential love interests :s . So, yeah, that was a thing that happened. I've played those two families back-to-back without aging disabled to how they look now. They're not married, but they have (over the years of me playing) 5 kids (2 infants, 2 teens, and 1 YA) and, I think, 7 pets (1 horse, 1 cat, 1 turtle, 1 snake, and 3 doggies).
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    edited March 2021
    i've played the same sim for years, but unfortunately not the same game as i've always eventually lagged out. and/or gotten too sad when my sim died and lose motivation to keep on playing as her offspring. so i usually end up making a new game and importing her
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D