Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

Yes! I really do like I can put a double bed up against a wall and my Sim can scoot over and sleep in the bed. It's just one more animation I wanted to be possible in these games in the last fifteen years. I really do appreciate the animators, they do a lot of things we asked for years ago and glad they are getting to put them in, now. I hope they keep these sort of things in years to come. (the animations)

This did not aged well Sadly :(

On topic:

Did you know that there is grocery in The Sims 4 Get To Work? You just have to build and stock the Lice Cold Freezer with Items from fruites to Veggies and the Cold Freezer from Cakes to Breakfast meals and you are good to go!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims can become uncomfortable if the lot is poorly decorated. Never knew that existed, this game is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 happy!
  • GrimReaper1744GrimReaper1744 Posts: 32 Member
    > @SheriSim57 said:
    > I am curious... What kind of objects besides a pond and outdoor bathroom?
    a fishing sign
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    From Island Living:
    If your Sim is in the Conversationalist career you get the interaction on plants to "Survey" sometimes when you use it you'll discover "invasive species" of insects that you can spray when you're a high enough level. When these appear they aren't the same garden bugs we normally see, they are like red/brown worms/grubs.

I thought that was an interesting touch lol
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Not sure if it was mentioned, but if a sim is unemployed but has children, their profile will show "Stay-at-home mom/dad" as their "career".
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    This is the very first time I saw this happen.
    Did you know your Sim won't always die of hunger?
    Maybe it was because she was pregnant?

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

That's kinda creepy! :open_mouth: What did she do? Eat her own baby? :open_mouth:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Just found out that sims can watch TV in a pool!
    01-23-21-4-47-13-PM.png
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

That's kinda creepy! :open_mouth: What did she do? Eat her own baby? :open_mouth:

She grabbed a granola bar from nowhere lol
    edited January 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Just found out that sims can watch TV in a pool!

Nice! You'll probably want to put a roof over the TV though in case it rains. ;)

She grabbed a granola bar from nowhere lol

Well THAT's a relief! :D

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I didn't know about this moodlet from child of ocean trait.

P4PW2oR.png
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    When you take a photo with a camera, your sim is still using their phone.
  • Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

Yes! I really do like I can put a double bed up against a wall and my Sim can scoot over and sleep in the bed. It's just one more animation I wanted to be possible in these games in the last fifteen years. I really do appreciate the animators, they do a lot of things we asked for years ago and glad they are getting to put them in, now. I hope they keep these sort of things in years to come. (the animations)

This did not aged well Sadly :(

On topic:

Did you know that there is grocery in The Sims 4 Get To Work? You just have to build and stock the Lice Cold Freezer with Items from fruites to Veggies and the Cold Freezer from Cakes to Breakfast meals and you are good to go!

had no idea, ty

You can randomise from the gallery in CAS
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I made an interesting discovery about custom holidays within the Seasons pack.

If you also have the Spooky Stuff pack installed you can set up Halloween as a new yearly holiday, with traditions for people to wear costumes and take part in trick or treating.

I also noticed that if you place the trick or treat bowl (Spooky Stuff pack) outside, npc trick or treaters will no longer ring the doorbell and will just help themselves and leave. (It’s pretty fun now we have the scared emotion and seeing kids run off in terror if they get tricked!)
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @RySBI
    Why would you need the Spooky Stuff pack in order to do that, though? You can make any custom holiday you want and it will come around yearly. What am I missing?

Good to know about locating the bowl. I wondered why no one knocked, now I know to move it indoors.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited January 2021
    I didn’t discover this in game, I just now learned it on Twitter and my life is forever changed. People need to know about this...

Wow 😳
    Honestly I've never even used a friggy yibs restaurant yet in-game. :D

I suppose I could check, but is there any premade lots with a restaurant in any of the worlds? Or just build your own / download from gallery?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Honestly I've never even used a friggy yibs restaurant yet in-game. :D

I suppose I could check, but is there any premade lots with a restaurant in any of the worlds? Or just build your own / download from gallery?

Maxis has a few pre-built ones that may already exist in your library. If you have them, you could plop one down somewhere and give it a go. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I didn’t know a pet food bowl could be placed on a surface like a table or counter, which is nice if you want to have separate bowls for a dog and cat, as the cat is the only one who can eat off the table or counter
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    I just learned that the you can put a pile of gifts under the christmas tree from seasons.
    telmarina wrote: »
    Did you know that if you age up your teen while in a furious mood caused by a mood swing, he/she can die of heart explosion immediatly after aging.

Learned the hard way 😥
    Same, my kid in 100 baby house died from anger shortly after I aged him,that was shocking.
    @RySBI
    Why would you need the Spooky Stuff pack in order to do that, though? You can make any custom holiday you want and it will come around yearly. What am I missing?

Good to know about locating the bowl. I wondered why no one knocked, now I know to move it indoors.

@Nushnushganay you can still make a Halloween-sequel holiday, but I’m not sure if all the traditions are available without it as they use the Spooky Stuff pack costumes and items. Interesting to know if this is not the case though!
    SamDenny wrote: »
    When you take a photo with a camera, your sim is still using their phone.

I don't think so...
    ;)
    vCY7YFG.png

RD1HTi3.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Ok so this is something I feel like I should have already known, but I discovered something really cool today...

Did you know that with the Island Living pack, you can get special powers to summon volcanic rocks and improve the quality of plants?

The "secret" Sulani Mana trait gives your sim these interactions and it's hereditary, so they can pass it on to their children too.

The actions becomes available from the Child life stage, right through to Elder.

To get the trait, you have to either earn it by having the "Child of Sulani" trait and pleasing the Island Elementals through getting an incredibly high approval rating from them (cleaning up the island, kava parties etc.) OR you can make an elemental human and have a baby with them. The baby will inherit the elemental's Sulani Mana trait.

Here's my child sim, Bridget Delacroix trying out her new powers.

Here she is using the "Gift of Sulani" ability to improve the quality of a plant:
    WOaB17Q.jpg

Here she is using her new volcanic powers!:
    W2N8rsV.jpg
    Irs3hms.jpg
    0ScJXV1.jpg
    kR6RxZN.jpg
    Hbp8V2a.jpg

Once your meteoric volcanic bomb lands and cools down, you can either make it into a decorative item, or break it open to discover rare collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top