Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, Haunted Apartments too

As the title says, it would be great to get Haunted Apartments as well. Haunted everything :)
You're Breathtaking!

Comments

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Maybe a modder could mod all the haunted house lot traits into a single lot trait, that way it can be added to non-residential lots. That is what I hope for. If it's possible :#.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Anyone know why this is restricted to residential houses? Yes to both haunted apartments and community lots. Maybe there is some features that are mean to follow the family living there? Or the Inventories are needed for some of the interactions? Anyways, can't see why it can't be done in apts.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Anyone know why this is restricted to residential houses? Yes to both haunted apartments and community lots. Maybe there is some features that are mean to follow the family living there? Or the Inventories are needed for some of the interactions? Anyways, can't see why it can't be done in apts.

I'm guessing because it's a lot type, not trait. I don't think you can change the lot type of an apartment can you? Hopefully as someone suggested a modder can make it into a lot trait, then it could be added to apartments, possibly even community lots.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    On the topic of lot types, can a lot be a rental and a haunted house?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    We've got a haunted trait in San Myshuno but I wouldn't mind them being like the Haunted House with spirits etc. I'm going to see what I can do in my haunted apartment sometime.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    As the title says, it would be great to get Haunted Apartments as well. Haunted everything :)

It's strange as I am playing the Paranormal Investigator career right now and my Sim is exorcising an apartment!
    giphy.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    On the topic of lot types, can a lot be a rental and a haunted house?

No, the rentals are also a lot type...
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member

It's strange as I am playing the Paranormal Investigator career right now and my Sim is exorcising an apartment!

Hopefully that means we will get the lot type to too soon. If they can send you there for work it should be possible to have it as a haunted lot too. I'm just thinking Ghostbusters when I think clearing apartments and hauntings in cities.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member

Sadly, I believe it is due to the fact that they function differently. The career “haunted” lot is just a temporary situation, much like how crime scene acts like in Get to Work. The mechanism randomly selects a lot to generate haunted situation, and is not the same as living in an active Haunted Lot type.

I do hope that the Haunted Lot can be converted to a Lot Trait though, since the current state is quite limiting for us to play haunted places...
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited January 2021
    There's a mod for this now! I haven't tried it myself yet, but I'm sure it'll be fun.
    https://chippedcupanddustybooks.tumblr.com/post/641577726460002304/haunted-locations-unlock-the-haunted-gameplay
    They basically made the "haunted house" into a lot trait, so it should be available for all locations.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    There's a mod for this now! I haven't tried it myself yet, but I'm sure it'll be fun.
    https://chippedcupanddustybooks.tumblr.com/post/641577726460002304/haunted-locations-unlock-the-haunted-gameplay
    They basically made the "haunted house" into a lot trait, so it should be available for all locations.

Excellent, thanks for letting me know. I can't keep up with mods since they're all over the place. (Please add on Nexus too, people :D )
    You're Breathtaking!
    I tried the mod a bit now and it doesn't seem to work perfectly. I get the hauntings and all, but I can't actually do the ritual to calm things down :/ And not sure if it's a bug with mermaids or my sim can't get Guidry's special menu up in the dialogue wheel either.
    You're Breathtaking!