Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Play: "X or Y Game"

Comments

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Have never done either before but I would love to try an escape room. Have seen several different themed ones advertised about and they look intriguing.
    Paintball doesn't appeal to me as much. I did a laser quest game once as a kid, but didn't really enjoy it because too many people kept cheating (plus my aim stinks).

A hike through mountains or canoeing along a river?
  • FinnleyFinnley Posts: 20 Member
    Canoe on a river.

Bike or car?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    What kinda bike? Chopper? Or bicycle? Actually though, car. It's bitter cold and snow and ice all over the place so even if I had a chopper it would be in the garage I also don't have.

Sweet and sour, or sweet and salty?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    Ooo, that's a tough one. I'd probably go for sweet and sour- I love sour food.

STEM or arts?
    Either is a bad option until the pandemic is over, but even before Covid, I was starting to feel like the world would be done a favor if movie theaters just stopped existing. Their cultural relevancy is in the past, before people could stream on big screens at home, with the comfort of control of volume, room temperature, and spend the $30 on takeout or delivery.

Our only date at this point would be to get in the car and get something through a driveup window, and eat or drink it in the car with the motor running to keep warm. When we consider that, we tend to just shrug and stay home. Going to the packed taverns now is a really bad idea, because only one that we know of, even puts enough distance between tables, and the others don't even bother with real masks on the servers, just those clear spit-guards that come up from the chin area and don't even come up to the nose. Those are as useless as wearing your mask like a hat and insisting it's still on your head.

And don't get me started on people pulling them down under their noses in places where they are turned out at the door if they don't have one on.

Let's see...x or y....

A mug of hot chocolate, or a glass of iced chocolate?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I loved the gym, but canceled my membership when the pandemic started, and won't go back until it's safe to do so. Maybe how safe a gym is, is relative. Gloves are a good protocol even when you're not lifting, and much as they say you cannot catch scabies that easily, I swear I caught it from the massage bed, that has a cloth cover. The only kart of my skin that touched it was the back of my hand, which was under my neck...I had on full-coverage from wrists to ankles. And after a 10 minute session of hydromassage, my hand itched and I got a rash that was confirmed to be scabies. Miraculously it hadn't spread, and my spouse didn't catch it, but we went hard with treatment and sanitizing and beat it, but it was so traumatic and I legit touched nothing and no one else, but hubs, and things like shopping cart handles and gas pumps. So much as the hydro massage bed was my favorite post-workout treat, never again. Had wondered about the instructions to spray down the table after each use...if anyone complied, the next person would lie down on wet fabric! So of course no one did.

It was a personal horror story that ruined my summer that year but at least we got it quickly diagnosed and treated, and hubs didn't even catch it.

So..I'd go back to the gym at this point if Covid were over as a threat, but with gloves on, and no massage bed!

Have been trying to stay fit exercising at home but it only works when I do it, so motivation is bad. Was sorry to find 20 push-ups have become difficult now.

What part of your day is your favorite?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Oh no! That's fortunate it didn't spread.

My favourite part of the day is lunchtime. Not sure why, maybe it's because just before lunch is when my energy level is at its lowest and it feels so good to fuel up again.

Watch a sunrise or stargazing?
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Watch a sunrise.

Not being able to fall asleep or not being able to wake up from a nightmare?
    Z5yqGx5.png
    I would take not being able to fall asleep any time, over being trapped in a nightmare.

Facial hair or clean-shaven (whether this means on yourself or on others)?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Clean shaven on both. (I'd find it annoying if I had to keep shaving off a whole beard every day).

A lifetime's supply of chocolate or a lifetime's supply of toilet rolls?
    edited January 2021
    The chocolate, because I can do handily without toilet paper, thank you. It's completely unnecessary unless the conditions are so primitive we're talking digging a privy with a shovel, in which case, use leaves, and bathe in the river. In situations with flush toilets, there is also running water at sinks, and soap usually, and so toilet paper is nothing but a habit.

I was shaking my head in disbelief when people were buying toilet paper the way they were when the pandemic started.

Sweet pickles or sour pickles?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Not really a fan of pickles in general I'm afraid.

Paragliding across the countryside or climbing this? https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/excalibur-climbing-wall
    I guess paragliding. I'm afraid of heights so either way, my pants are gonna be wet. But at least paragliding could have an inspiring view I'd never forget, whereas climbing THAT would just be dizzing looks down and failing muscles.

Going on a car date with hubs tonight, one way or the other, I need a break or something's gonna break. Should we go for car sushi, or car wings? Already on the verge of calling the whole thing off, except if I don't get out I'm gonna start making art and that would be very bad.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Which one haven't you had for a while? I'd go with that answer. A change of scene sounds like a very good plan.

A drive in movie or watching a sunset over a viewpoint?
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Sunset ^^

Expensive or cheap?
    Good question. Depends on what it is. I don't have expensive tastes (can't afford to!) but if it's food then I do prefer, where possible, to pay for quality and ethical production.

A voyage to outer space (imagining that visiting other planets is a possibility) or a voyage to the deepest depths of the ocean?
    Space for sure! I have a dread/fear reaction to the idea of going into deep ocean. Reading about the trenches gave me the horrors, as a kid.

Losing your eyesight, or losing your hearing?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited January 2021
    That's a really difficult choice because either would be devastating. I use my sight for so much though, and whilst it would be awful never to hear music or my familys' voices again, I could live with that better than never being able to see anyone's faces again, losing my ability to draw and write and never being able to see anywhere that I travel to or watch anything.
    At least if I couldn't hear, I could still read signs and subtitles, so would still be able to enjoy some of my favourite activities.

A choice of superpowers now: telekinesis or shapeshifting?
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
  • MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    Telekinesis, I wouldn't have to get up for anything!

Cake or cookies?
    Cake so long as it's good and not that mass-produced junk under sugared grease.

Hot beverage or cold beverage?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    It depends on the temperature, generally I prefer ordinary temperature

The black one or the white one?
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    Black one!

laptop or desktop?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • FinnleyFinnley Posts: 20 Member
    Laptop for sure.
    (Although console is even better for gaming. :D )

If you start a new game with only 1 sim allowed:
    Female Sim or Male Sim.